World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - howdodelete - Aug. 21, 2011

Here are the combos that won the L.A. Tournament we held today.

1st Place: JH100- MF-H Basalt Horogium 135WD
2nd Place: HellKaiserZero- MF Hell Bull BD145(Boost mode)SD
3rd Place: Stealth- I used three combos. Pegasis 145RF, MF-H Earth Bull GB145CS, and MF-F Burn Bull DF145SD.

RE: Winning Combinations. - MakaCHOP! - Aug. 21, 2011

At they tournament:

Deep in the heart of Texas! I won (1st place) with Basalt Horogium145DS

(I know not much of a change up XD)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Sky Prince - Aug. 21, 2011

wow... i know basalt is a good stamina/defense type but a lot of these combos can be beaten easily with a simple attack type... were there ANY decent attackers? in NY, you always have to be on your toes... attackers come out of nowhere sometimes....

RE: Winning Combinations. - th!nk - Aug. 21, 2011

Combo's like that should not be winning tourneys. Attack types really aren't that hard to use.

RE: Winning Combinations. - RustyXD - Aug. 21, 2011

(Aug. 21, 2011  8:01 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: . attackers come out of nowhere sometimes....

Same here in AUS. I am surprised that so many basic basalt combos are doing well , at beydays somebody came 3rd with Basalt horogium 145WD , he beat a lot of Hell combos. I wish I got to verse him 0_0

RE: Winning Combinations. - Chups - Aug. 21, 2011

Nearly every tourney has a Basalt stamina combination. It's stupid. A mere LLD CH120RF could easily destroy it.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Janstarblast - Aug. 21, 2011

Completely agree with Chups. Say what? Takao won with that combo?! Does this mean DS is also a good bottom to use? Or just because its with Basalt?
Other than that, I am quite impressed by Bakushin's performance in the tourney. Grin
Never knew that Bakushin would find such good use. If Dei wouldn't have explained it, then even I would react like Kei. Tongue_out

RE: Winning Combinations. - Sky Prince - Aug. 21, 2011

(Aug. 21, 2011  9:26 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Completely agree with Chups. Say what? Takao won with that combo?! Does this mean DS is also a good bottom to use? Or just because its with Basalt?
it's because of basalt... DS is decent for defense and stamina but nothing amazing.....

RE: Winning Combinations. - Flame Aries - Aug. 21, 2011

(Aug. 21, 2011  9:26 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Completely agree with Chups. Say what? Takao won with that combo?! Does this mean DS is also a good bottom to use? Or just because its with Basalt?
Other than that, I am quite impressed by Bakushin's performance in the tourney. Grin
Never knew that Bakushin would find such good use. If Dei wouldn't have explained it, then even I would react like Kei. Tongue_out
You should read my explanation on why Meteo L-Drago's rubber doesn't work against it.Cool

(Aug. 21, 2011  9:35 AM)Sky Prince Wrote:
it's because of basalt... DS is decent for defense and stamina but nothing amazing.....

Well, I expected this answer....
Seriously, Basalt users have won almost every tourney. Or at least they are placed in the top 3....
flamearies- Yes, I read both the explanations, sorry I forgot to mention your name. Tongue_out
But seriously, its good to see such parts winning tourneys. Grin

(Aug. 21, 2011  9:41 AM)Janstarblast Wrote:

Seriously, Basalt users have won almost every tourney. Or at least they are placed in the top 3....
flamearies- Yes, I read both the explanations, sorry I forgot to mention your name. Tongue_out
I know, I'm just messin' with ya, but seriously, this Basalt thing is getting out of hand. Simple, Basalt 145WD are winning tournaments. Man, this makes me upset.Unhappy At first, I was on the side of letting basalt stay, but now I'm not so sure now that I saw Blitz's video...

RE: Winning Combinations. - KaizerMFB - Aug. 21, 2011

(Aug. 21, 2011  9:51 AM)Flame Aries Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2011  9:41 AM)Janstarblast Wrote:

I know, I'm just messin' with ya, but seriously, this Basalt thing is getting out of hand. Simple, Basalt 145WD are winning tournaments. Man, this makes me upset.Unhappy At first, I was on the side of letting basalt stay, but now I'm not so sure now that I saw Blitz's video...
i se...there are definitely some stamina combos that can beat it...and there are certainly attack combos can best it, such as Scythe Kronos BD145EDS and LLD100RF.
I wonder if people are that scared of basalt....

Kaizer MFB- People aren't scared of Basalt. Its being overused. About 3/4th of the participants use Basalt which makes it certain that at least one Basalt combination is gonna be placed in the top 3. Your sentence is irrelevant. People are using it to win tourneys as it has high chances of winning. Smile
I think we are going off topic.

That may be the thing though. Basalt's famous caused it to acquire some sort of aura that's it's "unbeatable", striking fear into the community.(majority people who don't know much behind beyblade, such as top tiers etc.)Also let's continue this discussion on the "Should we ban Basalt?" thread. Don't want to get of topic on this thread.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Uwik - Aug. 21, 2011

Fight Club: Independence Day (21 August 2011)

1st (emily2000): MF-H Basalt Bull TH170 (220) CS (Really extremely calm CS)
2nd (Uwik): MF-L Sycthe Bull 230 WB (Aggresive WB)
3rd (lightning angel): MF-H Basalt Giraffe 230 CS (Calm CS)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Whatzzer - Aug. 21, 2011

Oh god.Two Basalt based combos.How are the combos?Like what is their win rate?

(Aug. 21, 2011  1:14 PM)Uwik Wrote: Fight Club: Independence Day (21 August 2011)

1st (emily2000): MF-H Basalt Bull TH170 (220) CS (Really extremely calm CS)
2nd (Uwik): MF-L Sycthe Bull 230 WB (Aggresive WB)
3rd (lightning angel): MF-H Basalt Giraffe 230 CS (Calm CS)

I HATE THIS!
Why is Basalt winning everything...

RE: Winning Combinations. - RustyXD - Aug. 21, 2011

Strange combo you used Uwik , any reason behind it ? I'll try it out soon.

The champ used it throughout the day, I didn't use Basalt at all, and the 3rd place actually used Hell and Sycthe throughout the day, and only used Basalt in the finals.

It's NOT as bad as it looks.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Whatzzer - Aug. 21, 2011

Uwik:-Quite strange combo.Why don't you use Kronos?How aggressive is WB?Is it like hasbro's CS?

(Aug. 21, 2011  1:17 PM)RustyXD Wrote: Strange combo you used Uwik , any reason behind it ? I'll try it out soon.

I used an aggressive WB because I need the extra wobble for some MW contacts. Since it's on Sycthe which has less recoil issue, it's more of an advantage.

I tried with D the night before, and it was a little more stable, which would be a better option when used with let's say Basalt or Hell. I finally opted with WB, since balance-wise, it's just slightly worse than D, still able to catch the tornado ridge, and I could use the extra wobble when paired with Sycthe.

MF-L for a minimal outward weight effect.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Hov - Aug. 21, 2011

Wow.... four straight tourneys been dominated with basalt. Mere ridiculous... Thats... SAD!... But uwik, thanks to you, Im eagering to use my WB again for the next tournament Eee. you're pretty skilled Smug me and you, one day, world championship Smug lol jks Tongue_out_wink. Also congrats to Tokao for his first tourney Grin

Lots of luck for my part. A big gamble with the aggressive WB. I couldn't shoot it straight, it would stall. So I tried stalling on the tornado ridge, but the opposing bey would be tornado stalled too, and knocked me out. I finally decided to slide shoot it on the inside, and hope for the best.

Given a rematch, I would have used a calm CS (which I don't have, since all of my 7 CS's are somewhat aggressive).

RE: Winning Combinations. - ControL_ - Aug. 21, 2011

BeyThunder:

1st (me): MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB / MF VariAres R145R2F
2nd (madmuppet98): MF Basalt Bull TH170D / MF-M Hell Bull BD145WD
3rd (LeeDraciel): MF Scythe T125D?

4th EnzoXS: MF Gravity Perseus ATK BD145MF / Scythe Combo.

It's a shame that the group stages had many more aggressive combos aiming to KO, except in the finals the pressure was probably putting them off. I did use VariAres successfully however.

I forgot to mention also that I used MF-H VariAres R145 MF for the group matches. Went through a Burn, couple of Basalts, Hell and a Sycthe.

Metal Flat because, with the recoil-ferocity of VariAres, I feel the extra traction from rubber bottoms is not needed. Few simple taps would result in KOs anyway. Plus it had way more stamina.