World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - FIREFIRE CPB - Mar. 13, 2016

@[LMAO]. do DHZ burst more than DRZ? [i was thinking of using Heavy to add little more KO defence in my combo]

@[Kei] VFN

@[1234beyblade] Ragnaruk Heavy Xtreme? how it performed?

Kei spoiler (Click to View)

RE: Winning Combinations. - LMAO - Mar. 13, 2016

I switched from DRZ to DHZ since with Ring the matches were a little too close for comfort as Ring has a higher chance of bursting, so I switched it up to Heavy, and ended up seeing some great results! DHZ/DRZ should definitely not be used against Attackers though.

RE: Winning Combinations. - 1234beyblade - Mar. 13, 2016

RHX did bad, it only managed to beat WHZ 3-1 by pushing it out, it lost to DHD and WHC iirc.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Hato - Mar. 13, 2016

(Mar. 13, 2016  12:12 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Sayonara-bye Odin - Burst Format | Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1st LMAO
Deathscyther Heavy Zephyr
Deathscyther Ring Zephyr
Wyvern Heavy Assault
Deathscyther Heavy Gyro

2nd Kei (banned again, what a naughty committee member)
Valkyrie Force Needle
Deathscyther Spread Gyro
Deathscyther Heavy Defense
Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme
Wyvern Spread Defense

3rd 1234beyblade
Ragnaruk Heavy Xtreme
Deathscyther Ring Zephyr
Valkyrie Heavy Assault
Amaterios Heavy Xtreme
Neptune Heavy Defense

Glad to see Gyro being used today! Also glad to see Zephyr after its last use at Shogatsu.

How did you guys find Gyro? Better than Defense and/or Survive, equal to? Also; how did AHX and VHa do for you, @[1234beyblade]?

How did you find WHa, @[LMAO]?

Congratulations to the placers! Smile

RE: Winning Combinations. - FIREFIRE CPB - Mar. 13, 2016

(Mar. 13, 2016  1:26 AM)Hato Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2016  12:12 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Sayonara-bye Odin - Burst Format | Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1st LMAO
Deathscyther Ring Zephyr
Wyvern Heavy Assault
Deathscyther Heavy Gyro

2nd Kei (banned again, what a naughty committee member)
Valkyrie Force Needle
Deathscyther Spread Gyro
Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme
Wyvern Spread Defense

3rd 1234beyblade
Ragnaruk Heavy Xtreme
Deathscyther Ring Zephyr
Valkyrie Heavy Assault
Amaterios Heavy Xtreme
Neptune Heavy Defense

Glad to see Gyro being used today! Also glad to see Zephyr after its last use at Shogatsu.

How did you guys find Gyro? Better than Defense and/or Survive, equal to? Also; how did AHX and VHa do for you, @[1234beyblade]?

How did you find WHa, @[LMAO]?

Congratulations to the placers! Smile

i just noticed that most of combo are little unusal

@[Kei]. really how VFN performed? i don't have needle nor force so no idea what it [like big mystery for me lol]

RE: Winning Combinations. - Mitsu - Mar. 13, 2016

(Mar. 13, 2016  12:48 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: RHX did bad, it only managed to beat WHZ 3-1 by pushing it out, it lost to DHD and WHC iirc.

THIS NEVER HAPPENED OK

The Burst metagame as it stands right now is super fun and very interesting as well. Nothing is dominant over the entire game. Things are versatile and safe, but beatable.

I only just bought my first Gyro today and I have what is close to no experience with it. It's been used effectively on Deathscyther and I do recall Kei saying it's better than Survive and what seems to be on par with Defense.

RE: Winning Combinations. - LMAO - Mar. 13, 2016

@[Hato] WHa was only used to be able to catch up with Hubert using Accel LOL

RE: Winning Combinations. - Thunder Dome - Mar. 13, 2016

(Mar. 13, 2016  2:55 AM)Mitsu Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2016  12:48 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: RHX did bad, it only managed to beat WHZ 3-1 by pushing it out, it lost to DHD and WHC iirc.

THIS NEVER HAPPENED OK

The Burst metagame as it stands right now is super fun and very interesting as well. Nothing is dominant over the entire game. Things are versatile and safe, but beatable.

I only just bought my first Gyro today and I have what is close to no experience with it. It's been used effectively on Deathscyther and I do recall Kei saying it's better than Survive and what seems to be on par with Defense.
Am I the only one who thinks that Deathscyther Ring Accel/Zephyr is slightly overpowered at the current state of the meta? Is there actually a valid counter to it?

RE: Winning Combinations. - jonahblader13 - Mar. 13, 2016

(Mar. 13, 2016  5:44 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2016  2:55 AM)Mitsu Wrote:

THIS NEVER HAPPENED OK

Am I the only one who thinks that Deathscyther Ring Accel/Zephyr is slightly overpowered at the current state of the meta? Is there actually a valid counter to it?

Attack. Especially Xtreme. From my tests I was using SOX just because it was just kind of funny. It could knock DHZ off of stall pattern and get a burst pretty easily. That's all I really know. I got it to burst and OS DHD at Amaterious Atlanta Assault. It also couldn't OS OHD in my tests.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Thunder Dome - Mar. 13, 2016

(Mar. 13, 2016  5:55 AM)jonahblader13 Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2016  5:44 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2016  2:55 AM)Mitsu Wrote: THIS NEVER HAPPENED OK

Attack. Especially Xtreme. From my tests I was using SOX just because it was just kind of funny. It could knock DHZ off of stall pattern and get a burst pretty easily. That's all I really know. I got it to burst and OS DHD at Amaterious Atlanta Assault. It also couldn't OS OHD in my tests.
How does attack beat it though? Literally I went against 3 attack types last even (2 Extreme and 1 Accel and I 3-0ed all of them using Deathscyther Ring Accel (I actually used it every match that even for the record). The attack couldn't catch up whatsoever and even if it was on the ridge Deathscyther just slammed it. Even sliding shoot was pretty ineffective. There should even be a few videos actually, I believe they might've filmed it. @[ZachBob] @[Dark_Mousy]

I was also able to beat Deathscyther Heavy Defense at the event as well. Like I'm not sure if we missed something but it honestly seemed unstoppable.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Mar. 13, 2016

Sayonara-bye Odin was absolutely one of our best Burst Format events to date in Toronto, at least in terms of the quality and quantity of competitively viable customizations present.

This event confirmed for me that we made the right decision in banning Odin. No single combo felt insurmountable, overly versatile, or too easy to use; everything had a solid counter available. For several past events there was often one combo that was the "big player" of the day, but at this event I don't think you can pinpoint one such combo. That's a positive sign for the health of the Burst Format metagame in my mind.

You lost against my Deathscyther Spread Gyro in one of the tiebreakers; I think you may be referring to that when you say "DHD".

(Mar. 13, 2016  2:40 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: @[Kei]. really how VFN performed? i don't have needle nor force so no idea what it [like big mystery for me lol]

I won once against JesseObre's Deathscyther Gyro combo and lost once with it against Mitsu's stationary Wyvern combo (although it was 3-2, I should note). It has enough movement to have a chance against stallers and was quite capable of late game Burst Finishes against not only Deathscyther, but sometimes Wyvern too. I like how Force sits on Valkyrie–I feel like it's possible for the metal to sometimes come into contact with the plastic of the opposing Beyblade–so that's why I used it. And Needle feels like a better version of Blow in many ways; Needle has similar–if not the same–Stamina, has a touch less movement potential, but can take hits better than Blow.

(Mar. 13, 2016  6:20 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2016  5:55 AM)jonahblader13 Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2016  5:44 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks that Deathscyther Ring Accel/Zephyr is slightly overpowered at the current state of the meta? Is there actually a valid counter to it?

How does attack beat it though? Literally I went against 3 attack types last even (2 Extreme and 1 Accel and I 3-0ed all of them using Deathscyther Ring Accel (I actually used it every match that even for the record). The attack couldn't catch up whatsoever and even if it was on the ridge Deathscyther just slammed it. Even sliding shoot was pretty ineffective. There should even be a few videos actually, I believe they might've filmed it. @[ZachBob] @[Dark_Mousy]

I was also able to beat Deathscyther Heavy Defense at the event as well. Like I'm not sure if we missed something but it honestly seemed unstoppable.

I can't speak to your own experience, but at this event Deathscyther Ring Zephyr was used by a lot of people. Other people like @[LMAO], @[Mitsu], and @[pyrus10000] who used it themselves might be able to speak more to this, but it seemed to be losing quite often to Attack at our event. Ring in particular makes it more prone to bursting, as others have stated above. I mean, it even lost to a Ragnaruk combo at one point. And I was able to defeat it with Deathscyther Heavy Defense (although maybe that has something to do with launch power). Do you have any particular way of launching it that you think makes it so effective against Attack?

RE: Winning Combinations. - 1234beyblade - Mar. 14, 2016

I know a combo that will beat DHZ or any variant 100% of the time, it's called VHa, or any combo on Assault really.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Bey Brad - Mar. 14, 2016

Yeah, was just about to post about Assault. It's always been a staller-killer and I don't see any reason why that would change now. And with Dark Amaterios it's now much more viable to purchase.

RE: Winning Combinations. - -HB- - Mar. 16, 2016

5/03/2016 HB's Birthday Burst!

1st - Balance Blader

Wyvern Heavy Zepher
Deatsyther Spread Survive

2nd AtomicCasanova

Valkyrie Heavy Xtreame
Valkyrie Central Accel
Deatsyther Spread Survive

3rd Xcalibur Lad

Xcalibur Heavy Xtreame
Wyvern Heavy Survive

Little bit late but interesting match ups all in all.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Mar. 16, 2016

No Deathscyther Heavy Defense at all! Interesting. I used it a couple times during Sayonara-Bye Odin, but it wasn't all that present during that tournament either.

Did anyone have Gyro?

(Mar. 16, 2016  12:44 PM)-HB- Wrote: 3rd Xcalibur Lad

Xcalibur Heavy Xtreame

I'm glad he lived up to his name haha.

RE: Winning Combinations. - -HB- - Mar. 17, 2016

(Mar. 16, 2016  8:25 PM)Kei Wrote: No Deathscyther Heavy Defense at all! Interesting. I used it a couple times during Sayonara-Bye Odin, but it wasn't all that present during that tournament either.

Did anyone have Gyro?

(Mar. 16, 2016  12:44 PM)-HB- Wrote: 3rd Xcalibur Lad

Xcalibur Heavy Xtreame

I'm glad he lived up to his name haha.

DSS seems a more popular choice. I always found more success with Survive over Defence. I few had gyro I'm not sure if @[ClaraM] used it. I had it with me I just didn't want to risk it haha! @[Xcalibur Lad] Changed is name after the event we literally witnessed the evolution.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Mitsu - Mar. 21, 2016

LIMITED BEYBASH 2.0 - 3/20/16
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Limited Format

1st place: 1234beyblade
MSF-H Dark Knight Wyvang 105RS
MF-H Scythe Gemios CH120RS
MF-H Scythe Cancer 105MF
MF-H Flame Cygnus 230MB
MF-H Flame Cygnus TH170D

2nd place: LMAO
Scythe Gemios LW105MF
Scythe Gemios LW105RSF
MF-H Earth Darkhelm 105CS
MF-H Jade Cancer GB145RSF

3rd place: JesseObre
MF-M L-Drago Guardian F230CF
MF-H Scythe Gemios LW105MF
MF-H Earth Darkhem 105EWD

The big players today were Scythe LW105/105MF and even though it's not listed up there; Flame Cygnus 230CS was used a fair bit as well.

I'm happy to say the Limited game is in a really good position. Nothing is noticeably dominant and nothing is insanely versatile. Scythe MF was used a fair bit today but it is very well beatable and also something to consider for the tier-list. It's defense seems to be OK, as well as it's stamina.

I was very surprised to see how inconsistent Dark Knight Girago attack was, even after testing it prior to the event. It out-spun defense at our previous events but wasn't able to today. It is still, however, a very safe option to go for at a lower height.

RE: Winning Combinations. - 1234beyblade - Mar. 21, 2016

(Mar. 21, 2016  2:23 AM)Mitsu Wrote: 1st place: 1234beyblade
MF-H Scythe Cancer 105MF

You somehow missed MF-H Flame Cygnus TH170D and MF-H Flame Cygnus 230MB.

RE: Winning Combinations. - TimeOut - Mar. 21, 2016

(Mar. 21, 2016  2:23 AM)Mitsu Wrote: LIMITED BEYBASH 2.0 - 3/20/16

The big players today were Scythe LW105/105MF and even though it's not listed up there; Flame Cygnus 230CS was used a fair bit as well.

I'm happy to say the Limited game is in a really good position. Nothing is noticeably dominant and nothing is insanely versatile. Scythe MF was used a fair bit today but it is very well beatable and also something to consider for the tier-list. It's defense seems to be OK, as well as it's stamina.

Love to see this finally getting some credit!
On to our own results

Bursting Back Outside 3/19/2016 Silver Spring, MD

Burst

1st lawesomeness
Evileye Heavy Survive
Deathscyther Heavy Survive

2nd *Ginga*
Valkyrie Heavy Gyro
Valkyrie Heavy Zephyr
Wyvern Heavy Zephyr

3rd ZachBob
Deathscyther Ring Accel
Valkyrie Force Xtreme
Xcalibur Spread Accel

Limited

1st Sniper
MSF Wyvang Dark Knight 100 R2F
MF-H Burn Cancer 90 MF

2nd *Ginga*
MF-L Scythe Cancer/Hades LW105/90 MF
Earth Cancer 230 MB
MSF Girago Dark Knight 90 MF/R2F

3rd ZachBob
Earth Cancer 85EWD
MF-L Scythe Cancer 90MF
Flame Cancer 230CS
MF-H Pegasis GB145 RF
Burn Hades 90 MF

RE: Winning Combinations. - FIREFIRE CPB - Mar. 21, 2016

(Mar. 21, 2016  2:23 AM)Mitsu Wrote: LIMITED BEYBASH 2.0 - 3/20/16

MF-M L-Drago Guardian F230CF

YES to LDG F230 [my fev LTD combo!]
(Mar. 21, 2016  4:02 AM)Time Wrote: Bursting Back Outside 3/19/2016 Silver Spring, MD

Burst

1st @[lawesomeness]

Evileye Heavy Survive
how did this combo work? what you used it against? it's pretty nice combo IMO
Limited

RE: Winning Combinations. - Mitsu - Mar. 21, 2016

(Mar. 21, 2016  3:14 AM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2016  2:23 AM)Mitsu Wrote: 1st place: 1234beyblade
MF-H Scythe Cancer 105MF

You somehow missed MF-H Flame Cygnus TH170D and MF-H Flame Cygnus 230MB.

Dude I don't even know how I did. XD

They'll be added to the list shortly Smile

RE: Winning Combinations. - Sniper - Mar. 23, 2016

Time forgot to post i also used MF_H Meteo L Drago 90 RF

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kai-V - Mar. 29, 2016

Just posting this for Angry Face, since he is busy:

Beyblade: Star City Assault [02/06/2016] - Roanoke, Virginia

1st Place - KinglyManners
Spriggan Heavy Accel

2nd Place - jizeru1
Deathscyther Heavy Claw
Deathscyther Heavy Accel

3rd Place - Sample Text
Kerbeus Heavy Survive

I still cannot wait to read a report of this event hah.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Bae Master - Mar. 29, 2016

Big Bey Bonanza Winning Combinations

1st Place - Bey Brad:
Deathscyther Spread Gyro
Wyvern Heavy Zephyr
Wyvern Spread Gyro

2nd Place - loyd87:
Deathscyther Spread Blow
Valkyrie Spread Survive

3rd Place - MissingNo.:
Xcalibur Heavy Xtreme
Valkyrie Spread Gyro

RE: Winning Combinations. - Mitsu - Apr. 17, 2016

Dual Layers, Dual Fun! - 4/16/16
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Burst Format

1st place: Mitsu
Valkyrie Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Neptune Heavy Revolve

2nd place: Kei
Valkyrie Limited Xtreme
Deathscyther Heavy Gyro
Wvyern Gravity Unite

Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Valkyrie Heavy Revolve

I could definitely say that this event was one of the greatest Burst events I've played in. The metagame is really well balanced and it felt a lot like ZANKYE 100K which took place a few months ago; Deathscyther, Valkyrie and Wyvern were the most prominent.

Revolve is definitely what seems to be the best Driver for stamina and just about everything but pure attack and stamina/attack hybrids. Defense definitely still works almost equally as well, as does Gyro. A lot of the Bladers today liked Revolve because of its LAD. Gravity is comparable and works pretty similarly to Heavy but a lot of us continued to stick with it instead. Heavy can obviously explain for itself.

Neptune seems to be a pretty viable Layer. I had used and won with it briefly in Neptune Heavy Revolve in a match against Kei, where I didn't know where if he was going to pull out attack or stamina. Valkyrie Heavy Revolve has the same concept as other stationary Valkyrie combos but with increased LAD and stamina. It seems to still be very capable of bursting Deathscyther nonetheless. I could speak for myself and probably most other Toronto Bladers when I say stationary attack is definitely more reliable and more consistent that aggressive attack.

After today, I'm not sure if I'm really confident saying that right now any of the Dual Layer Beyblades besides Rising Ragnaruk are really worth getting at the moment.