World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events (/Thread-Winning-Combinations-at-WBO-Organized-Play-Events)

RE: Winning Combinations. - Deikailo - Jul. 26, 2011

I did say something like that. I said I don't prefer it on Variares, but that was my opinion when testing against defense types, which were not used very often yesterday. A lot of us opted to do attack.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dan - Jul. 26, 2011

Alrighty. Well I guess which will prevail: Lightning LDrago or Vari Ares next time we meet huh?
I'm happy you're using RF now, its really awesome especially when you get used to it! lol

I used mostly RF for that tournament because I needed the tournament to be over ASAP.

RE: Winning Combinations. - V0rtex - Jul. 26, 2011

i won third place at a tourney in nevada. it was pretty simple combo. at first a MF Earth Pegasis W105ES. then i bought a basalt horogium, and switched out the earth with basalt. i won most of my battles. i didnt take second or first because i failed to beat a basalt bull 230CS. it was the only top tier combo i could not beat

RE: Winning Combinations. - Hov - Jul. 26, 2011

(Jul. 26, 2011  5:22 PM)Deikailo Wrote: For the July Joust, Arupaeo and I used similar combos. We each used variants of Variares BD145. In our last battle together, I switch to CS and he used MF.

In Odin's Rebirth, I used Variares BD145RF in almost every instance.

Im curious did you use both directions or was there a particular direction you felt was more "winning rates"?

I used left until someone tried to light launch against me to resist my attacks. Then I switched to right to make his light launches useless.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Hov - Jul. 26, 2011

Ohh I see haha nice thinking. Plus did they bey lose stamina like suddenly? Maybe after 10 seconds? If it did, Im geussing its the effect of change mode?

Huh? I just KO'd it. That's it.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Jul. 26, 2011

(Jul. 26, 2011  5:23 PM)Dan Wrote: hahaha, wasn't it you who said VariAres BD145 wasn't a good idea? Or was it someone else?

Vari Ares on BD145 isn't the best choice, but it isn't "bad" either. R145 is better for pure Attack, but I think using BD145 with it will afford you some advantages depending on the situation (ex. against other Attack types like in Deikailo's case at The July Joust).

(Jul. 26, 2011  9:34 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2011  5:23 PM)Dan Wrote: hahaha, wasn't it you who said VariAres BD145 wasn't a good idea? Or was it someone else?

Vari Ares on BD145 isn't the best choice, but it isn't "bad" either. R145 is better for pure Attack, but I think using BD145 with it will afford you some advantages depending on the situation (ex. against other Attack types like in Deikailo's case at The July Joust).
This is its entirety.

RE: Winning Combinations. - AeroRespawn - Aug. 13, 2011

I used LLDBD145RF. I feel guilty. XD

RE: Winning Combinations. - Deikailo - Aug. 16, 2011

For "The Problem's Solution":

1st Place: The Problem (Basalt 145WD)
2nd Place: Flame Aries (MF-H Bakushin Bull BD145CS)
3rd Place: Deikailo (Beat Eagle 85RF, Variares BD145RF/CS, Basalt Aquario TH170CS)

I listed my combinations in the frequency that I used them. I only switched to Aquario for the last three battles because those battles were rematch battles, and I figured I had been playing attack the entire tournament so I should switch it up a bit.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Temporal - Aug. 16, 2011

Basalt...145WD? What the hell? But dat Bakushin, 2nd. I woulda loved to see that be played, but most people I know don't even know what Bakushin is. Nice to know that it can win, and it is also nice to know that 85 is still used. I haven't heard it mentioned as often since that whole fiasco with the arguments over whether it can beat 230.

The Problem went pretty much 2-2 in every battle and then would just take the last one.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Dan - Aug. 16, 2011

Now how did Basalt 145WD cut it with your line-up, Deikailo?
Unless it was full hardcore stamina battles for top 3.

Oh, it didn't. I beat The Problem, but it was a full round robin so my win being his only loss, he still won.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Kei - Aug. 17, 2011

(Aug. 16, 2011  7:46 PM)Deikailo Wrote: 2nd Place: Flame Aries (MF-H Bakushin Bull BD145CS)

Ahaha, seriously? What did he beat with this? I'd love to hear the justification for using Bakushin over Basalt, Scythe, Earth, etc.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Deikailo - Aug. 17, 2011

(Aug. 17, 2011  6:02 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  7:46 PM)Deikailo Wrote: 2nd Place: Flame Aries (MF-H Bakushin Bull BD145CS)

Ahaha, seriously? What did he beat with this? I'd love to hear the justification for using Bakushin over Basalt, Scythe, Earth, etc.
He doesn't have any of those. He might have Earth.

The way Bakushin is shaped prevents it from any spin stealing. If you look at the way it lines up on BD145, you'll see BD145 extends past it, but the wheel just slants upward, like a hill, so it is very much rounded. Not many edges/corners on this blade at all. Corners/edges are where the most recoil is because the metal can't give. Also, this blade is light so it with OS many things. He had an aggressive CS on it so if he needed to, he could still KO things with it.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Vamasco_ - Aug. 21, 2011

Beyblade Summer Bash :
1º place tixblader using MF Basalt Bull GB145WD ; Gravity Perseus CH120R2F
2º place Vamasco using MF Rock Serpent BD145HF/S ; Gravity Perseus 100R2F
3º place kilar using MF Earth Pegasis W105SD ; Galaxy Pegasis H145R2F

RE: Winning Combinations. - InTenseKewL - Aug. 21, 2011

I got 2nd place with mf Hell Kerbecs BD145WD

RE: Winning Combinations. - Imperial - Aug. 21, 2011

KamiKaziBlader got first at Bey Slay 3 with MF-F Burn Bull AD145WD

RE: Winning Combinations. - Deikailo - Aug. 21, 2011

(Aug. 21, 2011  3:00 AM)InfiniteLibra Wrote: KamiKaziBlader got first at Bey Slay 3 with MF-F Burn Bull AD145WD
That is amazing! What was the competition like?

RE: Winning Combinations. - KiLL_SwiTcH - Aug. 21, 2011

(Aug. 21, 2011  3:00 AM)InfiniteLibra Wrote: KamiKaziBlader got first at Bey Slay 3 with MF-F Burn Bull AD145WD

And what mold was Burn? I always like to see stamina types win.

RE: Winning Combinations. - Imperial - Aug. 21, 2011

(Aug. 21, 2011  3:03 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
That is amazing! What was the competition like?

Ummm not to offend anyone but pretty weak. There weren't any strong attack types. One person used Basalt but it was Basalt Horogium 145WB.
EarthEagle1997 got second with Meteo L Drago 100WD
EarthKerbecs123 got third with Hell Kerbecs BD145WD

RE: Winning Combinations. - Flame Aries - Aug. 21, 2011

(Aug. 17, 2011  6:11 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2011  6:02 PM)Kei Wrote:

He doesn't have any of those. He might have Earth.

Explanation behind Flame Aries's combo (Click to View)
Thank you, Deikailo! Also, I think this combo only prevents spin stealing from Meteo L-Drago's as the Bakushin wheel fits perfectly against the rubber on Meteo L-drago, so the rubber has no effect when the it hits the Bakushin wheel. I think the only Meteo that can beat it by spin steal is Meteo L-Drago CH120 XF.(Dan, if you see this, please test it. You know you want to.) I'm not so sure it will do so well against other spin stealers though, but I think this combo will do well against Scythe's that aren't using the BD145. The same thing with Basalt as I theorize that if using the Banking or Sliding shot hard enough, it will dig into the opposing bey and destabilize it or KO it, like what LLD BD145 LRF does.