World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread (/Thread-Cardfight-Vanguard-Discussion-thread)

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Jul. 09, 2013

wow, you guys have a hard time. I have got an entire group set up at my school, made of up of 7 people. my sister is also willing to pay for burmudas and my bro has a bunch of decks. not to mention the 3 card game stores I can go to play.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - TentacleZooka - Jul. 09, 2013

(Jul. 09, 2013  1:21 AM)Giraton Wrote: wow, you guys have a hard time. I have got an entire group set up at my school, made of up of 7 people. my sister is also willing to pay for burmudas and my bro has a bunch of decks. not to mention the 3 card game stores I can go to play.

Wow that's awesome. It sounds almost just like the anime. No one at my school even knows what vanguard is! I need to introduce vanguard to my friends and hope they like it too.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Jul. 09, 2013

I've always offered at my school, but I have a bunch of Magic-tards. Not even Yu-Gi-Oh. But I keep my nerdisms out of school because music is the common interest.

And I rarely go to locals because they're either too far or require expensive and/or complicated transportation.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Temporal - Jul. 09, 2013

Unlucky. I've got some somewhat open-minded card players at my school. Of course, most played YGO. In fact, a few had never heard of Magic until last year. But nobody knows what Vanguard is.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Hitsugiya - Jul. 09, 2013

As far as I know, I'm the only Cardfighter at my school. There's only one shop in my city so I'd recognize someone from my school there if they went.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Jul. 10, 2013

(Jul. 08, 2013  3:41 AM)Temporal Wrote: I find it quite unfortunate that few people I know play Vanguard. My brother only has a half-deck he got at an anime convention (Because he refuses to buy anything non-Kagero...), and a friend of mine plays Aqua Force. Though she wants to try an OTT build. It's a pain to find the distributors in Chicago, because they're mostly on the north side, and really tiny. Given my paltry budget, I'm not sure if it matters, anyway.

The last time I tried Aqua Force, I noticed that the Trial Deck is REALLY Grade 1 reliant. Maybe it's just me. But most the the early hits came from the vanguard, but only if they were well-boosted early on by something like Battle Siren, Dorothea, and were flanked by Grade 1s. (Though those hitting were not a requirement...) I find that a Limit Break-capable Navalgazer Dragon boosted by Battle Siren, Dorothea is quite effective in the endgame, so long as you have counterblasts to burn. (Though the deck could live without so many Key Anchor, Dabids... I'll replace at least one with another Navalgazer Dragon if I can.) I did get lucky and pulled an Aquabreath Dracokid, so that went in ASAP. But it is still pretty reliant on early Grade 1 setup.

Booster expanded aqua force are more g2 and g3 reliant cos of the storm riders.

If you could get hold of some rares like diamentes or thr storm riders from bt09, it becomes more attack count oriented. Benedict should be out in this month's promo pack. You may want to consider that as well.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - TentacleZooka - Jul. 11, 2013

What days do most cardfighters go to stores to play? Is there a weekly tourney like there is with MTG?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Dual - Jul. 11, 2013

I have shop tournaments every Saturday at 1:00.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Thunder Dome - Jul. 11, 2013

(Jul. 11, 2013  2:47 AM)Bazooka Wrote: What days do most cardfighters go to stores to play? Is there a weekly tourney like there is with MTG?
Heres a list of events for Card Shops

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Jul. 11, 2013

Mostly weekends.
Japanese tournaments has a higher turn out rate here

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Jul. 11, 2013

Around this area, it's either Saturdays or Sundays. Sundays is never a good time for me due to bus schedules adhering to the Sunday schedule, which sucks because it's fewer and harder to catch. ie: miss one bus, wait an entire hour for the next one.

There's one up north Jersey on Wednesday evenings, but I've yet to try it. It's conveniently next to the rail station, which is a tad expensive but more convenient than grabbing two buses and timing to get the second one.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Jul. 11, 2013

I have a bit of trouble with my tournaments. first off is that I play jap because my main deck is jap. now over here at neko cards the tournament schedual goes as follows, jap vanguard tournament 5.00pm on a Friday, Weiss tournament 1.00 pm on a Saturday before heading over to sunday for an English tournament at 1.00. as a 16 year old in high school, Friday at 5.00pm isn't exactly the best times for an up to 2 hour tournament. however 1.00 on a sunday is good for even a 4 hour tournament. unfortunately I haven't got a good English deck built yet. man I need cash.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Thunder Dome - Jul. 14, 2013

Out of curiosity how many Perfect Guards are in the Gold Paladin Clan? I'm working off the Trial Deck that I got earlier this month and it had no perfect Guards so I was wondering. I know about Halo Shield Mark and was thinking about using that if I got one though. Just trying to figure out options. And is Grassland Breeze Sagramore a good starting Vanguard?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Jul. 14, 2013

(Jul. 14, 2013  6:04 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Out of curiosity how many Perfect Guards are in the Gold Paladin Clan? I'm working off the Trial Deck that I got earlier this month and it had no perfect Guards so I was wondering. I know about Halo Shield Mark and was thinking about using that if I got one though. Just trying to figure out options. And is Grassland Breeze Sagramore a good starting Vanguard?

Okay, here's how it works.

Trial Decks do not supply you with everything you need but the basics. Perfect Guards are Staples, but not basics. Trial Decks give you Rainbow Triggers, 8k Vanillas, and 10k Vanillas that you will often run four of in your decks because they are staples. Perfect Guards are RR cards you only get in packs due to their all-time blocking effect which would suck if they were that easy to get.

That said, you need about 4 of those Marks. There is current 1 /Halo Shield, Mark/ in English, but two of them exist: Set 6 and Set 9 as a rerelease. You can purchase the Set 9 Marks online for cheaper, since they are currently about say $12 or so. Or you can buy boxes of Set 6 or 9 (you get at least 5 RRs in a box).

And no, a better starting VG for Gold Paladins would be either /Crimson Lion Cub, Kryph/, /Black Dragon Whelp, Vortimer/, or /Spring Breeze Messenger/ depending on your build.

Please refer to this post: http://www.v-mundi.com/2012/deep-clan-gold-paladin/

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Thunder Dome - Jul. 14, 2013

(Jul. 14, 2013  7:13 PM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2013  6:04 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Out of curiosity how many Perfect Guards are in the Gold Paladin Clan? I'm working off the Trial Deck that I got earlier this month and it had no perfect Guards so I was wondering. I know about Halo Shield Mark and was thinking about using that if I got one though. Just trying to figure out options. And is Grassland Breeze Sagramore a good starting Vanguard?

Trial Decks do not supply you with everything you need but the basics. Perfect Guards are Staples, but not basics. Trial Decks give you Rainbow Triggers, 8k Vanillas, and 10k Vanillas that you will often run four of in your decks because they are staples. Perfect Guards are RR cards you only get in packs due to their all-time blocking effect which would suck if they were that easy to get.

That said, you need about 4 of those Marks. There is current 1 /Halo Shield, Mark/ in English, but two of them exist: Set 6 and Set 9 as a rerelease. You can purchase the Set 9 Marks online for cheaper, since they are currently about say $12 or so. Or you can buy boxes of Set 6 or 9 (you get at least 5 RRs in a box).

And no, a better starting VG for Gold Paladins would be either /Crimson Lion Cub, Kryph/, /Black Dragon Whelp, Vortimer/, or /Spring Breeze Messenger/ depending on your build.

So would the best thing for me to do is buy a Set 6 Booster Box if I want to work off the trial deck I have?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Axel Phantom - Jul. 14, 2013

(Jul. 14, 2013  7:52 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2013  7:13 PM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote:

So would the best thing for me to do is buy a Set 6 Booster Box if I want to work off the trial deck I have?

if you intend to play using ezel, yes buy set 6, right now the main "boss" units of Gold Paladin are Ezel, Spectral Duke, Pellinore and Chromejailer and also Platina Ezel(for crossride Ezel decks)

I would highly recommend looking into these "boss" units and find the one(s) that suit you best, Chromejailer and both Ezels are I would consider "easiest" because the set they come in also has the perfect guards but don't let that stop you from building pellinore or spectral duke if you want

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Jul. 15, 2013

Actually, you forgot Garmore. /Silver Great Wolf, Garmore/ is one of the most consistent GP bosses.

Ezel, not so much.

Alternatively, Spectral Duke and Chromejailer make a pretty good combo.

Now, you don't have to buy 4 GP Trial Decks. You can just go to an online store, say Coolstuff Inc., and order a single Garmore online for less than $10.

or, if you don't have "plastic", you can buy an Amazon gift card, make an Amazon account, apply said gift card into your account, and buy 4 Garmore there.

Same with Marks. Marks are $10-12 right now, so you don't have to buy boxes just to look for them. That's a waste of money.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Axel Phantom - Jul. 15, 2013

(Jul. 15, 2013  4:03 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: Actually, you forgot Garmore. /Silver Great Wolf, Garmore/ is one of the most consistent GP bosses.

Ezel, not so much.

Now, you don't have to buy 4 GP Trial Decks. You can just go to an online store, say Coolstuff Inc., and order a single Garmore online for less than $10.

or, if you don't have "plastic", you can buy an Amazon gift card, make an Amazon account, apply said gift card into your account, and buy 4 Garmore there.

Same with Marks. Marks are $10-12 right now, so you don't have to buy boxes just to look for them. That's a waste of money.

eh I don't consider garmore a "boss" though it is a good card especaly for new player, Ezel gets a power bonus and calls stuff to RG at once meaning you can repeat it for another bonus and another RG while garmore does let you consistently get what you want, the power bonus does not stack

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Jul. 15, 2013

(Jul. 15, 2013  8:43 AM)Axel Phantom Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2013  4:03 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: Actually, you forgot Garmore. /Silver Great Wolf, Garmore/ is one of the most consistent GP bosses.

Ezel, not so much.

eh I don't consider garmore a "boss" though it is a good card especaly for new player, Ezel gets a power bonus and calls stuff to RG at once meaning you can repeat it for another bonus and another RG while garmore does let you consistently get what you want, the power bonus does not stack

OI, DON'T EVER SAY GARMORE ISN'T A BOSS!!! sorry he is my favourite unit. he is definitely a boss when there are entire decks that run 4 of him, competitive decks.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Axel Phantom - Jul. 15, 2013

(Jul. 15, 2013  9:39 AM)Giraton Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2013  8:43 AM)Axel Phantom Wrote:

Ezel, not so much.

OI, DON'T EVER SAY GARMORE ISN'T A BOSS!!! sorry he is my favourite unit. he is definitely a boss when there are entire decks that run 4 of him, competitive decks.

hes a great backup vanguard and if you run his special booster a great rear guard as well but to use him as your prime vanguard when there is all the others I mentioned with all their outstanding skills? really?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Jul. 15, 2013

lol Maining Ezel. Are you high?

Garmore is a consistent RG searcher that makes up for the minus of riding over your current VG. For 2 CB. No power boost, but you get a much-needed RG into your field. This isn't even his Limit Break skill. By Late Game, he gets a 5k boost when he attacks. Nevermind personal booster, if he has say Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth, the 8k vanilla, he does 3 stages of damage against an 11k VG. Every. Freaking. Turn. He attacks.

Ezel waits until Late Game to CB2, top deck, and get the power of that called RG? And for what, just that one turn? Notice how Garmore is more consistent in choosing what RGs to call vs Ezel's top-decking and temporary power boost.

In fact, reference this:

Quote:If you have Ezel out with 5 rear-guards and your vanguard booster is Little Battler Tron, he is attacking during that turn for 25000. If you then use Ezel’s call effect, your average power to topdeck is 7000 including rounding down. This is a very important statement. You should not expect to get more than 7000 power when using a Gold Paladin random-call. That also does not account for if it will be a booster or attacker. This means that an ideal Blond Ezel, on average, attacks for 32000 or 5 stages. That’s either going to be no-guard or perfect defense. No one is going to drop 5 stages of guard on Ezel, especially when you can then trigger check into something nasty. This actually is not impressive for Counterblast 2, given that Garmore gets the same extra stage that puts him into perfect guard territory, and he actually gets to choose the card with his own superior call (which can combo into other plays). Overall, Ezel is decent only because you can Superior Ride to him and even then, only because Kyrph was once the only decent starting Vanguard. With Spring Breeze Messenger out, Kyrph is not required, and neither is Ezel.

Are you really gonna be stupid enough to CB2 twice in one turn because lol bonuses. And lose triggers and even needed PGs just because temporary one-turn power boosts? There are better uses for your CB.

Stop giving bad advice for god's sake already. It's beyond frustrating to read main-character-fueled advice to a newbie who doesn't know what to start and has to rely on other people that either know or don't know what they're talking about. Seriously, read the article I posted. You'll actually learn something instead of spouting fallacies.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Temporal - Jul. 16, 2013

Blargh. I'm sorta lost, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone succeed maining Ezel, because of people over-using the ability to call more RGs in one turn. While you don't have much time, given the LB4 it already needs, the attack, even with a no-guard, is still at most 3 damage. In most cases, two or one. Imagine going through all that trouble just to get perfect-guarded. After two tournaments, I think I've only seen one or two Ezels actually hit for more than one damage. Usually, people let it go, if they want to take the risk. After 2 CB2s, you can't CB at all, unless Gold Paladin has more unflip abilities than I thought they had. I don't see it as productive.

Anyway, I've seen some people in Youtube and at a (kinda) local cardshop just annoy the living hell out of people with Bermuda Triangle. It's fairly interesting to watch, for me. Maybe they are not too competitive, according to some people, but they seem fun enough. Once I get the hang of deckbuilding (and I get this Aqua Force deck to work the way I want it to), I might try my hand at it.

Speaking of deckbuilding, I managed to trade a White Lily Musketeer, Cecilia and two Mr. Invincibles for Two Brutal Jacks, a Gold Rutile, and a Death Metal Droid. Made me happy. I dropped an NGM Prototype and a Mr. Invincible for the Brutal Jacks, and replaced the two Mr. Invincibles I traded with Gold Rutile and DMD. Apparently, the guy had an insane amount of extras. He was pretty cool about the whole thing, given the circumstances. I mean, Mr. Invincible IS a common. Helps that he needed a third Cecilia, but I'm convinced that he got the REALLY short end of the stick.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Axel Phantom - Jul. 16, 2013

(Jul. 15, 2013  11:44 PM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: lol Maining Ezel. Are you high?

Garmore is a consistent RG searcher that makes up for the minus of riding over your current VG. For 2 CB. No power boost, but you get a much-needed RG into your field. This isn't even his Limit Break skill. By Late Game, he gets a 5k boost when he attacks. Nevermind personal booster, if he has say Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth, the 8k vanilla, he does 3 stages of damage against an 11k VG. Every. Freaking. Turn. He attacks.

Ezel waits until Late Game to CB2, top deck, and get the power of that called RG? And for what, just that one turn? Notice how Garmore is more consistent in choosing what RGs to call vs Ezel's top-decking and temporary power boost.

In fact, reference this:

Quote:If you have Ezel out with 5 rear-guards and your vanguard booster is Little Battler Tron, he is attacking during that turn for 25000. If you then use Ezel’s call effect, your average power to topdeck is 7000 including rounding down. This is a very important statement. You should not expect to get more than 7000 power when using a Gold Paladin random-call. That also does not account for if it will be a booster or attacker. This means that an ideal Blond Ezel, on average, attacks for 32000 or 5 stages. That’s either going to be no-guard or perfect defense. No one is going to drop 5 stages of guard on Ezel, especially when you can then trigger check into something nasty. This actually is not impressive for Counterblast 2, given that Garmore gets the same extra stage that puts him into perfect guard territory, and he actually gets to choose the card with his own superior call (which can combo into other plays). Overall, Ezel is decent only because you can Superior Ride to him and even then, only because Kyrph was once the only decent starting Vanguard. With Spring Breeze Messenger out, Kyrph is not required, and neither is Ezel.

Are you really gonna be stupid enough to CB2 twice in one turn because lol bonuses. And lose triggers and even needed PGs just because temporary one-turn power boosts? There are better uses for your CB.

Stop giving bad advice for god's sake already. It's beyond frustrating to read main-character-fueled advice to a newbie who doesn't know what to start and has to rely on other people that either know or don't know what they're talking about. Seriously, read the article I posted. You'll actually learn something instead of spouting fallacies.

seriously you want to rage at me for giving advice from my own experience? like you have entirely mastered the game, win regularly at shop tournaments and have won at the bigger tournaments? if you have, fine you are right and i'm stupid if you haven't, stop complaining, I'm not saying ezel is the best possible choice because I don't main deck GPs I am simply suggesting the possible advantages of the cards as should you rather than insulting me, my knowledge of the game and deck building
in the end, from simply reading the cards

Garmore:guranteed 5k bonus, grabs whatever you want swings 25k with tron
Ezel: has superior ride, guaranteed 5k bonus(depends on triggers) with skill that grabs random top card potential, 35k+ swing with tron's effect, full field and skill use once

I think the superior finisher is obvious

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Jul. 16, 2013

>Implying winning regularly at local tourneys makes you a good player.
>Implying winning big tourneys means you are a good player.
>Implying that a game that involves chance with triggers and other cards, aka Sack, makes you a good player
>Implying I have to "master the game" to understand what I'm talking about
>Getting defensive and attacking me for going against you without even considering my argument

Also, you're speaking from experience, but you don't main deck GPs? And you're listing possible advantages of the cards? Do you even think ahead of the game? Do you think of the overall consequences of doing certain things that will impact the rest of the match?

Before Crossrides became a thing in the English format, I held my own against GPs and other decks with huge advantage. I topped a few times and even was confident enough to make it midway to qualifiers. Because I learned from a community that broke down how to play the game to its full potential and actually WIN. That community dissected everything about this game, and people have learned from it. I have the experience to back up my resources, but you're speaking from what, anecdotes? Anime? Just by reading the card? Oh, maybe the rarity of the card even means its a good thing.

What insults me more is that you didn't even read or comment about my post to refute your argument. You just automatically assumed I am "complaining" even though I'm giving you substantial evidence of the card's ability and how worth it it is. You just see the bottom part of my post, see red, and then attack me for being "a bad person". I am refuting your argument of even considering or praising Ezel when you have a better choice. Where you get "I'm not saying ezel is the best" is beyond me.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Axel Phantom - Jul. 16, 2013

(Jul. 16, 2013  1:23 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: >Implying winning regularly at local tourneys makes you a good player.
>Implying winning big tourneys means you are a good player.
>Implying that a game that involves chance with triggers and other cards, aka Sack, makes you a good player
>Implying I have to "master the game" to understand what I'm talking about
>Getting defensive and attacking me for going against you without even considering my argument

Also, you're speaking from experience, but you don't main deck GPs? And you're listing possible advantages of the cards? Do you even think ahead of the game? Do you think of the overall consequences of doing certain things that will impact the rest of the match?

Before Crossrides became a thing in the English format, I held my own against GPs and other decks with huge advantage. I topped a few times and even was confident enough to make it midway to qualifiers. Because I learned from a community that broke down how to play the game to its full potential and actually WIN. That community dissected everything about this game, and people have learned from it. I have the experience to back up my resources, but you're speaking from what, anecdotes? Anime? Just by reading the card? Oh, maybe the rarity of the card even means its a good thing.

What insults me more is that you didn't even read or comment about my post to refute your argument. You just automatically assumed I am "complaining" even though I'm giving you substantial evidence of the card's ability and how worth it it is. You just see the bottom part of my post, see red, and then attack me for being "a bad person". I am refuting your argument of even considering or praising Ezel when you have a better choice. Where you get "I'm not saying ezel is the best" is beyond me.

where did I say you were a bad person and where did I "attack" you? you mean letting you know that I dislike that you imply that I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about when you have never played me, seen how I play or anything of the sort?
you are getting all fussy because I have a different opinion than you on a card
I mean with that logic: turn 3 ride garmore, grab grade 2 with skill, turn 6 intercept out with grade 2 before, ride ezel, use skill to call random card to replace grade 2 and swing for "OMGWTFBBQ" numbers for game? as a whole garmore is an amazeing card, a great vanguard and in the right situation, a great rear guard as well making it functionally better than Ezel, BUT GARMORE IS NOT A "BOSS" and let me explain why..

my whole calling ezel a "boss" while garmore is not, the "Boss" being your final G3 and your biggest swing because the "Final Boss" in a game is usually the toughest and last thing you fight perhaps some people disagree but I consider the "Boss" of a deck, to be the big finisher

now I feel I have fully explained myself, if you disagree, whatever, ive said my piece