World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread (/Thread-Cardfight-Vanguard-Discussion-thread)

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Feb. 12, 2013

$20 draft of 6 packs and you also get a promo. im excited.

EDIT: didn't want to post again so here. just had the prerelease and I WON! this is my first tournament win. it was also my first null guard pull (my first booster i pulled it) so when rares were getting distributed that was my first pick. it also ment i got the awsome DOTE mat and beezelbub (noone in my group pulled any of the main 3, and miracle bueaty was already taken). by the way, if anyone wants an english beezelbub, ill be glad to trade or sell it. i also feel like making a neo nectar deck now, as the null has the special null guard square (like the jap narukami and gold paladin null reprint) and i like the seed squire cards. it's an interesting clan.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Feb. 17, 2013

Nice, I won the one I participated too! Snagged myself an MLB while I was at it Tongue_out

Past few days has been a mad rush due to the release of BT10. Everyone is scrambling for new builds. Current top choice seems to be Dragonic Descendant Build. Although Liberator was expected to be the top choice, DD is currently the highest priced card at the moment. Genesis is also receiving rather good reception due to Break Ride skill. Everyone is out trading and somehow I'm 80% done with my Jewel Knight RP deck. I've got a playset of almost everything but Sybill. However I dont expect it to be meta material.

Some people are commenting that Liberator build aint as interesting as its pretty much straight forward deck. However, because a large majority invested on the Liberator Trial decks already, they're just following suit onto what they already have. Those who picked up the Eradicator Trial decks are immensely rewarded with DD and Gauntlet Buster. Both builds are highly competitive; with Gauntlet focusing more on retirement whereas Descendant focusing more on sheer brute force. Both seemingly meant to counter the Liberator builds.

New season, new meta. The Cross ride from BT09 werent exactly that spectacular and playing wise, it was single direction. P Ezel being a mock SSD, The Blood just a slight upgrade to the predecessor and Glory Maelstrom just not having the correct audience able to handle it. These season's cards are seemingly a whole lot better in comparison to the builds before.

And now, 1 more week to ENBT05. I cant wait to complete my Shadow deck >__<

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Feb. 23, 2013

i love the new burmuda cards. an arch type, cross ride, break ride, +2000 attacker and heaps of bouncing related abilitys. and the art is preety cool.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Mar. 03, 2013

BT05 out for a week. Any good pulls guys?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Apr. 10, 2013

ok this looks set for revival. anyone else interested in the new link joker clan for set 12?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Dual - Apr. 10, 2013

The clan will be called link joker? Sounds cool.
Does anyone know when/if eb04 will come out in the USA?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Apr. 10, 2013

I was on Facebook when I saw this...strange announcement. My question is...the hell is "Hamburger Time?" What have I missed in the anime since Spike Brother's Season 3 debut?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Dual - Apr. 10, 2013

Nothing to do with that, that's for sure XD

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Apr. 10, 2013

anime scine spike bros. all the ultra rare members go to schools, burmuda's are used by emi and her friend and naoki is being an carp. thats what i can sum up. oh, and there is a moe episode.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Apr. 10, 2013

>finds out what "Hamburger Time" meant

Oh V-Mundi and your every colorful and creative vocabulary...

Naoki is pure awesome. What are you talking about? He's what makes Season 3 enjoyable. He's also the new Aichi.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Apr. 11, 2013

while i like naoki as well, he wasn't being particualary nice to the other ultra rare members when he met them. "you shouldn't be wearing a sailor outfit."

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Axel Phantom - Apr. 12, 2013

(Apr. 11, 2013  9:37 AM)Giraton Wrote: while i like naoki as well, he wasn't being particualary nice to the other ultra rare members when he met them. "you shouldn't be wearing a sailor outfit."

what i found most amuseing is he didnt seem frightened at all when suiko got angry

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Apr. 23, 2013

well i got the team legue shop qualifier coming up, is anyone else going?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Dual - Apr. 23, 2013

I'm gonna try, but I need two more members, haha.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Jun. 12, 2013

So update. This is the release for the second half of 2013 starting from August (actually, September):

September 06
EB04 & EB05
For those who don't know, like EB02 and July's EB06, these two are clan-specific Extra Boosters, following the same vein as Trial Decks 3 and 4. EB04 is a Nova Grappler set focusing on the Death Army archtype, one of NG's two Archtype sets (the other being Beast Deity). Along with this new archetype, Raizers make a return Deck Exclusives like Gold Rutile and Death Metal Droid become easier to get, and the Flash Deck-exclusive Genocide Joker (Brutal Joker probably) will make an appearance. EB05 is the first Oracle Think Tank set, focusing on the Battle Sister line. Like EB04, deck and promo cards such as Goddess of Flower Divination, Sakuya and Battle Sister, Omelet are reprinted. Both sets will also have their Perfect Guards reprinted.

October 4
TD08 & TD09
While not the first sets of Season 3 in English, Aichi's and Kai's latest Gold Paladin and Narukami Trial Decks make a return, focusing on the new archetype, Special Counterblast, and BreakRide system. At the conclusion of Season 2, Aichi's Royal Paladin units became members of the Gold Paladin troop, including his signature avatar, Blaster Blade, now Blaster Blade Liberator. Meanwhile, Kai erases the enemy units with his Eradicators, including the Narukami Break Ride ace, Eradicator, Vowing Sword Dragon. Liberate and Eradicate with these new Trial Decks!

October 25
BT10
Who said the Trial Decks were October's only releases? Season 3 officially kicks off in English with Set 10, taking things further. Offering support for Liberator Gold Paladins and Eradicator Narukamis, Royal Paladins make their triumphant return as the new Jewel Knights headed by Kourin Tatsunagi in the anime. What's more, Spike Brothers get a major boost along with Nova Grapplers, and Misaki's Oracle Think Tanks are now replaced with the brand new clan, Genesis.

December 25
BT11
Celebrate Christmas (if you do) with the last English set of the year, Set 11! Kageros rise from the ashes as Sealed Dragons, and Tachikazes become un-extinct with Ancient Dragons. Aqua Force emerges from the deep sea, and Angel Feathers descend from the heavens. And what's a Dragon set without Narukami as well? Oh, and there's Genesis too.

The anime is now introducing the Link Joker clan and the Lock mechanic this weekend, so don't miss it. Trial Decks 10 and 11 are released this month in Japan, showcasing Ren's returned Shadow Paladins and their Revenger archetype, and SHOCK! Kai will now use Link Joker, the antagonistic force of the series!

Finally, August has a double release with the 12th Trial Deck, featuring Kenji's Dimension Police, and the 7th Extra Booster set and 2nd Oracle Think Tank EB, Mystical Magus, marking Manga!Misaki's cards.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Dual - Jun. 12, 2013

What does the lock do?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Jun. 12, 2013

Lock is a new mechanic used mainly by the brand new Link Joker clan (TD11 and BT12) and "Reverse" units (classified as Я at the end of their names). What Lock does is turning the card over while keeping it in place in the Rear-Guard circle. In Locked position, the Unit and the Circle itself is considered non-existent. You cannot replace the Unit because of that. You cannot use the Unit for costs. Your Unit is no longer present in another Unit's effect. You are un-Locked at the end of your turn.

Я Units tend to use Lock as a cost. For example, /Eradicator, Vowing Sabre Dragon Я/ requires two units to be Locked when the Limit Break is used.

Lock wears off at the end of the units' owner's turn. So if I were to use an Я unit and lock myself, it will wear off my turn. However, if I were to use a Link Joker unit and Lock YOUR units, it will wear off at the end of your turn.

That's pretty good. Like megacolony, but better.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Axel Phantom - Jun. 12, 2013

(Jun. 12, 2013  4:55 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: That's pretty good. Like megacolony, but better.

actually its more like an improved form of bind seeing as the units are removed from the field without allowing on-call effects to be reused, or on the case of lawkeeper dosent let them rearrange their field

I suppose.
Ok, Infinite Phantom Invader Death Army Cosmo Lord (what a mouthful).
Can someone clarify this? You can attack with your rearguards, then limit break, counterblast two, then just stand the rear guards?
Or am I missing something?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Jun. 13, 2013

(Jun. 12, 2013  11:17 PM)Axel Phantom Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2013  4:55 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: That's pretty good. Like megacolony, but better.

actually its more like an improved form of bind seeing as the units are removed from the field without allowing on-call effects to be reused, or on the case of lawkeeper dosent let them rearrange their field

i don't care what they do, burmuda stuffs them all up.

edit: sorry no lock acts as non exsistant, and as such, can not be targeted by return effects.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Byerg - Jun. 13, 2013

(Jun. 12, 2013  11:23 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: I suppose.
Ok, Infinite Phantom Invader Death Army Cosmo Lord (what a mouthful).
Can someone clarify this? You can attack with your rearguards, then limit break, counterblast two, then just stand the rear guards?
Or am I missing something?

No, you cannot do that.
His skill is an "[ACT]" skill, therefore you can only activate it in the Main Phase of your turn. It's meant to be used in combination with his second skill, rest 4 Death Army units, get +10k, CB 2, Stand them all back up and +1 Crit.

(Jun. 12, 2013  4:53 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: \Lock wears off at the end of the units' owner's turn. So if I were to use an Я unit and lock myself, it will wear off my turn. However, if I were to use a Link Joker unit and Lock YOUR units, it will wear off at the end of your turn.

And that's why I'm looking forward to Link Joker so, so much. The fact that you can stop an entire row's attack is just insane IMO.
Star-vader, Infinite Zero Dragon is a simple Break Ride unit that gets the job done well, get your +10k and lock one of your opponent's attackers (and basically the row).
Star-vader, Mobius Breath Dragon is certainly a good pressure attacker IMO, though a smart opponent will intercept with their G2s instead of having it locked (assuming they have a unit(s) to replace it).
Star-vader, Dust Tail Unicorn is an already amazing Forerunner for the clan, allowing easy combinations with other units to lock your opponent's second row for just CB1 and putting it into the soul.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Axel Phantom - Jun. 13, 2013

(Jun. 13, 2013  7:04 AM)Giraton Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2013  11:17 PM)Axel Phantom Wrote:

i don't care what they do, burmuda stuffs them all up.

edit: sorry no lock acts as non exsistant, and as such, can not be targeted by return effects.

that's what I said

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Temporal - Jun. 13, 2013

I just got some Vanguard cards a few weeks ago, and decided to enter a tournament. Why? Because it was free, of course. I found a Nova Grappler trial deck for ten bucks at an anime convention, so I tried the deck out. I did fairly well, methinks. The tournament was full of players who bought their decks beforehand, and knew the game pretty well. I saw more than a few decks built specifically to kill the trial decks. Which was what most of the new guys were using.

I realized that Mr. Invincible can be annoying. But the one time I could have used the re-stand ability, some dirtbag rushed me out of the turn while I was reading the card because he didn't feel like waiting for me to finish. I ended up losing, and was bounced two rounds later. (Damn Heal Triggers...) I won one round against some Aqua Force deck, though. I was bounced against a Neo Nectar deck when this guy hauled three straight heal triggers when he had five cards in the damage zone. White Lily Musketeer, Cecilia can be annoying.

I think I'll just build on the Nova Grapplers, but replace the stand triggers with more Crit Triggers. And drop at least two Mr. Invincibles. Other than the Mr. Invincible problem, the deck wasn't half bad. I would have liked another Gold Rutile, though... I'll probably pick up some Infinite Phantom Legion, and maybe one Comic Style-Vol. 1 pack. With any luck, I might pull a Brutal Jack or two.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Axel Phantom - Jun. 14, 2013

(Jun. 13, 2013  8:42 PM)Temporal Wrote: I just got some Vanguard cards a few weeks ago, and decided to enter a tournament. Why? Because it was free, of course. I found a Nova Grappler trial deck for ten bucks at an anime convention, so I tried the deck out. I did fairly well, methinks. The tournament was full of players who bought their decks beforehand, and knew the game pretty well. I saw more than a few decks built specifically to kill the trial decks. Which was what most of the new guys were using.

I realized that Mr. Invincible can be annoying. But the one time I could have used the re-stand ability, some dirtbag rushed me out of the turn while I was reading the card because he didn't feel like waiting for me to finish. I ended up losing, and was bounced two rounds later. (Damn Heal Triggers...) I won one round against some Aqua Force deck, though. I was bounced against a Neo Nectar deck when this guy hauled three straight heal triggers when he had five cards in the damage zone. White Lily Musketeer, Cecilia can be annoying.

I think I'll just build on the Nova Grapplers, but replace the stand triggers with more Crit Triggers. And drop at least two Mr. Invincibles. Other than the Mr. Invincible problem, the deck wasn't half bad. I would have liked another Gold Rutile, though... I'll probably pick up some Infinite Phantom Legion, and maybe one Comic Style-Vol. 1 pack. With any luck, I might pull a Brutal Jack or two.

theres at my locals theres guy who ran a gold rutile 8 crit 8 stand build, it did pretty well