World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread (/Thread-Cardfight-Vanguard-Discussion-thread)

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - pocketpulls - Sep. 16, 2012

So, the tourney was fun today. My friend and I didn't do very well though, haha. We did, however, buy 5 packs of Descent Of The King Of Knights, and pulled all 3 RRRs and 1 RR! I'm very happy about that.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Sep. 16, 2012

3 nulls is an acceptable number. 2 is a bit little, but better than nothing.

In regards to the number of nulls, I find that its mostly affected by decks which uses chain rides, since the G1 chain would take up the additional 4 slots of potentially staple cards eg; space for 8K vanillas or pongals in RP decks.

If you're not playing a chainride deck, I dont see why you shouldnt run 4 other than money or availability being the factor.. I understand there are exceptions to these though.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Hitsugiya - Sep. 16, 2012

Tried Kyoukou Jigen Robo, Guraeto Daiyusha! today. Chances of me building this 11/10 I run 3 Commander Laurels. My "thing" is if it's important, you run at least 3 of them. I bumped 4 Dailander down to 3 to have 3 Laurel. Won against Lawkeeper, Narukami, Ezel, and Granblue. Lost against, MLB, Neo Nectar, and Shadows.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Sep. 16, 2012

Not sure how Great Daiyusha would perform irl. My side here has many DOTE players. Its basically crashing every single tournament I've been (japanese format). GP and spike doesnt really stand much of a chance to them.

Seeing how Great Daiyusha is another 13K contender, I'm hoping it can break the current trend of DOTE. Its over dominating the scene here...

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Hitsugiya - Sep. 16, 2012

Crossrido, Duragonic Ovalordo, Ji Endo! But seriously, most people in NC Vanguard call it Ji Endo. What do you play again Pcyborg?

The guys here call it DOTE. Either DOTE (one syllable) or DOH - TEH. I do prefer calling it "The End" instead though haha.

Japanese meta I'm running RP mainly. Sometimes, PM.
I was playing MLB build for quite awhile until I realise it wasnt tournament competitive enough. Recently I've switch backed to Alfred Palo build. I decided to try out the recent Japanese senior catergory champ build. Honestly, its a good build. Stable as well.

English Meta, RP as well.
I did try running a GP deck. It worked well for awhile until I notice its limitations... Even since Barcgal got restricted, I'm having issues with the RP deck. Galahad is just not to my preference =(. But this proves to show that RP was indeed overused.

I do own a few other decks. Some english, some Japanese...

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - pocketpulls - Sep. 16, 2012

Does anyone play Great Nature? I need some tips Dj - Uh.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - bladerjosh1994 - Sep. 17, 2012

I got really annoyed during the latest locals I went to. Everyone who participated ( at least the ones I was paired with) were using GP! I was the odd one out because I was using Tachikaze. I used to run GP ( I prefer RPs and currently rehauling my deck for Galahad) and to me it just never felt right playing it. The clan as a whole is underwhelming for me it just got boring to play with, I'm on the verge of quitting because almost wherever I go almost everyone is running GP. I'm like the only guy where I live that uses a different deck every time I show up for the tourney

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Giraton - Sep. 17, 2012

ha ha, man everyone is complaining about golds. i remember when i started everyone was complaining about royals. how often do you win at your locals? cause if you go there with another clan then golds and just beat the hell out of everyone, then i think people will start to see golds weaknesses. i wonder what will happen when aqua force comes out in english, cause ive seen the TD in action, it's good and im scared at what will happen when the booster comes out.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - bladerjosh1994 - Sep. 17, 2012

(Sep. 17, 2012  7:19 AM)Giraton Wrote: ha ha, man everyone is complaining about golds. i remember when i started everyone was complaining about royals. how often do you win at your locals? cause if you go there with another clan then golds and just beat the hell out of everyone, then i think people will start to see golds weaknesses. i wonder what will happen when aqua force comes out in english, cause ive seen the TD in action, it's good and im scared at what will happen when the booster comes out.

Sad part was I managed to win first place (7-1 win/loss record for the tourney)with the V-Mundi build for Tachis Tired. And to add insult to injury I built it on the spot and on the day of said tourney. My friend accused me of using Psyqualia during the tourney. I do place most of the time but it was when I was running GP.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Sep. 17, 2012

GPs are not as rampant as DOTE on my side. It gets overwhelming. Almost every single Japanese Tournament has been heavily dominated with DOTE first, everything else second.

English format are having more and more moon builds instead. GPs arent dominating for the English scene on my side at all partially due to the Japanese influence... I'm not sure how your meta goes but Moon build is still by far the most expensive to date currently (for both metas).

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Whatzzer - Sep. 17, 2012

Hi guys, I was wondering, anybody here who uses SP and Kagero? I'm currently having problems with my Dragonic Overlord Build.
I use 4 Dragonic Overlord,
1 Dragonic Lawkeeper
3 Vortex Dragon( retiring 3 units can be delicious ) i'm kinda of in a confused situation here. My friend has 4 DOTE's and is willing to trade it. But I was wondering, should I put it into my build? And if i do, should i remove my flame- edge Dragon? And btw anybody here playing on BYOND is welcomed to cfv me. My username is [Tempest] Whatzzer. And I was wondering, how do you even use SP's? My friend told me, using SP needs patience and everything, but how in the world are you going to be patient when u need to retire units? I used to spam my field when using them, thus loosening my defence.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Sep. 17, 2012

If you're playing a Japanese deck, freaking hell yes. DOTE is a very high tier card. 13K as VG is not funny. Your opponent needs at least 18K attacks to make you drop 10K shields else everything is just a mere 5K guard. Very few cards can hit it unboosted. Vortex is good for soul accumulation which works well when you over ride Blazing Flare later on. Mega blasting is already something rather hard to pull off since you know whether your opponent could crit you on the 4th damage... And retiring 3 at one shot may not be favourble. Sometimes its better to retire bit by bit over time to add onto the psychological pressure. I'm not a Kagero user, but playing against them is always traumatising if on the right hands..

By SP, I'd reckon he means a PBO deck? Again, another 13K wall. If you notice, SPs has some field growing/hand growing cards namely, nemain, Macha and Badhabh Caar. You could just play these for hand growth and field population without the card sacrificing.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Whatzzer - Sep. 18, 2012

Yep I'm using a Japanese Deck. I was wondering whether I should use Hidden Dragon, Striken dude to it's great eff. BTW how do you exactly use a Kagero Deck? I have my build here though.
Grade 0:-
Conroe
Basic 4 Triggers

Grade 1
4 Bahrs
2 Aermo(Promises)
Iron Tail Dragon 4
Guard Gryphon 2
Barri's (of course )2

Grade 2
4 Nehalem
3 Bellicosity
4 Hidden Dragon, Striken

Grade 3
Dragonic Overlord 4
Dragonic Lawkeeper 2
Vortex Dragon 2

I was wondering, should I switch to DOTE's?
And btw I hate search decks( Amber, SP ) Freaking annoying.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Sep. 18, 2012

If you're gonna go for a DOTE build, the deck would definitely need to go through some major re-working.
Also, I wouldnt play 4 striken if I were you. Would suck badly if you ever were to misgrade.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - pocketpulls - Sep. 19, 2012

Anyone got a Tachikaze decklist?

Reasons I want to play them:
They get really strong in the future.
They are SUPER cheap.
They are quite weak.

I think if I build my deck now, I can have some fun with it, but the main reason is in BT-08, they get some really good support. And I mean REALLY good. Check out the cards if you don't believe me. Also, the Null Guards will probably go up in price when it comes out, so I want to get them early.

EDIT: I forgot to add why them being weak is a +1 for me. My main deck is a Lawkeeper build, and it is top-tier in the English meta right now. I want a fun, casual deck to play with, because it gets too repetitive with Lawkeeper.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Sep. 19, 2012

Courtesy of V-Mundi

I'm currently running this until BT08. But I'm short an Archbird and 2 Megarexs because a "friend" decided to burn bridges.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Giraton - Sep. 19, 2012

ok so i basicly need help with my bros deck so i made a video. then end result was a deck profile and an awsome match to add to it. can anybody here help with the deck?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Whatzzer - Sep. 19, 2012

So what exactlynare the major reworkings?. Soshould I put Striken to 3?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - pocketpulls - Sep. 20, 2012

I really like Pellinore, so I want to make an english Garmore Bunny Squad deck, but everyone at my locals plays it, so I don't think I will Uncertain

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Hitsugiya - Sep. 21, 2012

Ezel with shield? Or maybe a new blaster blade.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Sep. 21, 2012

(Sep. 19, 2012  1:07 PM)Whatzzer Wrote: So what exactlynare the major reworkings?. Soshould I put Striken to 3?
I've PMed you on that.

DOTE functions radically differently from normal Kagero builds. It emphasizes more on pressure. Even if you do retire your opponents units, its occasional one off thing unlike conventional builds which retires ever so often

Hitsuguya Wrote:Ezel with shield? Or maybe a new blaster blade.
Lots of speculation is going around for that.
According to the lore there are 7 armours.

Spectral Duke (Black Horse)
Pellinore (White Hare)
Ezel (Red Lion)
Garmore (Silver Wolf)

Judging from the colour scheme... I dont know where to place this guy. Black, white and silver are taken. Gray would be a non regal colour. Perhaps its something else altogether? There is still 3 more owners to go. Speculated colours/animals are Blue Falcon and Purple Elephant.

pocketpulls Wrote:I really like Pellinore, so I want to make an english Garmore Bunny Squad deck, but everyone at my locals plays it, so I don't think I will Uncertain
I have a friend who plays a SDD/Pellinore/Ezel hybrid. Pellinore is an interesting way to save you from misgrading. Once he misgraded G1 for 2 turns, but thanks to Spring breeze + Lop ear combo he managed to climb up to G3 from G0. The opponent was still G2.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - pocketpulls - Sep. 21, 2012

(Sep. 21, 2012  12:29 AM)Hitsugiya Wrote: Ezel with shield? Or maybe a new blaster blade.

Thanks so much for the picture! It looks awesome, I can't wait.

(Sep. 21, 2012  3:49 AM)Pcyborg Wrote:
pocketpulls Wrote:I really like Pellinore, so I want to make an english Garmore Bunny Squad deck, but everyone at my locals plays it, so I don't think I will Uncertain

I have a friend who plays a SDD/Pellinore/Ezel hybrid. Pellinore is an interesting way to save you from misgrading. Once he misgraded G1 for 2 turns, but thanks to Spring breeze + Lop ear combo he managed to climb up to G3 from G0. The opponent was still G2.
Yeah, I decided on running it. My main plan would be 4 Garmore and 4 Pellinore, but that might be a bit much. I think 4 Garmore, 3 Pellinore, and 1 Ezel would be good. Probably not using Ezel superior ride, just having him as a backup VG or when going for game.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Hitsugiya - Sep. 21, 2012

We don't have anyone that plays Lawkeeper in the anime yet.

Edit: Also, there are two Red Lion Beast Armours for some reason.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard (Yu-Gi-Oh's successor??!!) Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Sep. 21, 2012

If you ride pellinore, your CBs are practically untouched . Almost all of them require are activated on hit to the opposing VG, so do take note. Maybe helpful to run a few more Nimues and Vivanes and spring breeze for early game use.