World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
WBO Bits Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: WBO Bits Discussion (/Thread-WBO-Bits-Discussion)

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - th!nk - Nov. 03, 2011

The silver face is actually really pretty <3

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - KaizerMFB - Nov. 03, 2011

ok...
1. So close to 1k.....only I have some warning so Gasp for me.
2. Empty facebolt face? You know, no motif on it.
3. Is losing 24 times that bad?
4. Why not make a few faces for newbs to get?

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Deikailo - Nov. 03, 2011

Because faces should be earned. Nobody wants them to be so easy to get because then it will just lessen their worth.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Arupaeo - Nov. 03, 2011

(Nov. 03, 2011  3:40 AM)Deikailo Wrote: There should be a face for 100 losses. I think something needs to be said about that sort of determination, haha.

Another reason to not use double elimination: @ 2 losses per tournament Burn Rock Virgo would never make that face! Smile

But saaaay... In addition to having the most wins, aren't you also the WBO's loss leader Deikailo? Eee

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - KaizerMFB - Nov. 03, 2011

In ratio, about 2:1
But Daegor.....1:1.5?

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - .:J:. - Nov. 03, 2011

(Nov. 02, 2011  11:13 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2011  10:36 PM)Nwolf Wrote: yeah, but I don't feel that enough people get anything to do with introduction forums.

The introductory forums are a formality. Turning them into a means for obtaining faces just seems inane. Helping someone out in the introductory forum is no more significant than helping them in any other forum.

yes but to the new person it means alot. if you help a new person with questions it might stop them spamming, so it's helping the entire forum.

(Nov. 03, 2011  12:32 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It gets to a point where either you are genuinely kind or you are not. Welcoming people should not really have to be rewarded with anything. Furthermore, questions should not really be asked in the "Introduce Yourself!" forum, except questions on the new members of course.

I meant the new members, like I said above, I didn't mean like every post you say thats helpful it's if the other person says it was helpful you should get something to go towards a face.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Ultra - Nov. 03, 2011

That's a really dumb idea IMO. You should get faces for doing good things on the forum. The Intro forum is neccesary but it's not anything members should be rewarded for. If there was a face for that the unecessary spam in that forum would go way up which is not what the commitee wants at all.

@ Deikailo: I actually have a lower win percentage than Deagor with 38% to his 43% haha.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Hazel - Nov. 03, 2011

(Nov. 03, 2011  8:38 AM)Nwolf Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2011  11:13 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2011  10:36 PM)Nwolf Wrote: yeah, but I don't feel that enough people get anything to do with introduction forums.

The introductory forums are a formality. Turning them into a means for obtaining faces just seems inane. Helping someone out in the introductory forum is no more significant than helping them in any other forum.

yes but to the new person it means alot. if you help a new person with questions it might stop them spamming, so it's helping the entire forum.

(Nov. 03, 2011  12:32 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It gets to a point where either you are genuinely kind or you are not. Welcoming people should not really have to be rewarded with anything. Furthermore, questions should not really be asked in the "Introduce Yourself!" forum, except questions on the new members of course.

I meant the new members, like I said above, I didn't mean like every post you say thats helpful it's if the other person says it was helpful you should get something to go towards a face.

And as Kai-V stated, the Intro forum is not the place for questions. They will learn the ropes whether they do it in that forum or another, and it is not as though people are shot with a warning on a first offense.

Babysitting new people is what the PM Kai-V sends out is for, and what the first post of every single thread on this board is for. There is absolutely no reason to dole out faces to people who go a single step beyond saying "welcome to the forum".

If you want a contributory face, contribute somewhere that the forums actually benefit from.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Deikailo - Nov. 03, 2011

I don't understand why you are all taking my suggestions so seriously! Daegor and I were kidding because he shows up to so many tournaments, but never wins. He would be better if he just applied himself, really. I think he likes losing somehow...

But in all honestly, faces are not supposed to be easy. 100 losses would be a sympathy face.

I dont think anyone either wants or is serious about a losers face...

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Hazel - Nov. 03, 2011

(Nov. 03, 2011  7:50 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: I dont think anyone either wants or is serious about a losers face...

But I was pretty serious about wanting your face on the upcoming DJ battle tournament face.

(Nov. 03, 2011  9:44 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2011  7:50 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: I dont think anyone either wants or is serious about a losers face...

But I was pretty serious about wanting your face on the upcoming DJ battle tournament face.

LOL I saw that... pretty hilarious! I think Angry Face is still doing custom face bolt stickers, so maybe we could make that happen! Smile

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Custom-Face-Bolt-Sticker-Design?highlight=face

Ah, upon further review it appears that he is doing design stuff, not print stuff. So i guess that's up to us!

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Futomos - Nov. 05, 2011

Maybe a face for people that have been giving consistent and valid information for a long period of time? Any name suggestions?

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Poseidon - Nov. 05, 2011

Yeah but people who do that eventually get the antique face.

(Nov. 05, 2011  12:20 AM)Poseidon Wrote: Yeah but people who do that eventually get the antique face.

The antique face is for people with the majority of their 1,000 or more posts to be valid, but some and maybe even most people with an antique face are no longer active on the WBO anymore, and it is these people who continue being active on the WBO that get this face and still post valid information.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Hazel - Nov. 05, 2011

You're basically just suggesting a face that gets taken away if someone leaves...

Not necessarily, the face is not taken away, it is a very hard face to achieve in general, because it has to be someone the Moderators of the WBO know that they can give the face to, because like I said before, over long periods of time of being a decent, active, informative member, is this face given away.

So you're talking about the Amethyst Face or any of the other contribution-based faces that are exceptionally hard to earn.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Ultra - Nov. 05, 2011

The only requirement of it is to make good posts i.e. giving proper info and not spamming. That's not hard at all...

(Nov. 05, 2011  12:36 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: The only requirement of it is to make good posts i.e. giving proper info and not spamming. That's not hard at all...

The faces I am referring to are exceptionally scrutinizing, comparatively.

If it were as simple as "inform people, don't spam", quite a lot of people would have them, to be sure.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Daegor42 - Nov. 05, 2011

Considering the amount of people who actually have the Amethyst Face, I would say it is hard to get.

I mean, no one's gotten one in all of 2011.

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Arupaeo - Nov. 05, 2011

(Nov. 05, 2011  2:52 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Considering the amount of people who actually have the Amethyst Face, I would say it is hard to get.

Says the man in charge of face boosters.

One notes that Dan has done an extraordinary amount of testing...

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Daegor42 - Nov. 05, 2011

THE LORD OF FACE WILL NOT BE SWAYED UNTIL JANUARY.

IT IS KNOWN.

(Seriously, though, I don't know why no one has gotten it in almost a year, hah.)

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - Kujikato - Nov. 05, 2011

cause 2011 is the year of spammers? jk jk, I should be getting my DJ face soon, and since I've hit 1,000 posts.... antique?

RE: WBO Faces Discussion - lord Wolfblade - Nov. 05, 2011

(Nov. 05, 2011  2:52 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Considering the amount of people who actually have the Amethyst Face, I would say it is hard to get.

Wut!? really, i could have sworn that someone got it this year...
THEN I MUST BE THE FIRST TO GET IT THIS YEAR DJ 2002 - Yeah!
*stops making spammy posts like this one and starts showing off intelligence*

IMO more people should have it (people like Hazel and SSJ for example)