World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Deception tactics in tournaments - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade General (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-General)
+--- Thread: Deception tactics in tournaments (/Thread-Deception-tactics-in-tournaments)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Bey Brad - Feb. 02, 2011

Sorry, I mostly meant Deikailo (omg make tier 3 great im so amazing), though it would be nice to read a thread where you're INSANELY STRONG SHOT wasn't mentioned.

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Bluezee - Feb. 02, 2011

(Feb. 02, 2011  1:59 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Sorry, I mostly meant Deikailo (omg make tier 3 great im so amazing), though it would be nice to read a thread where you're INSANELY STRONG SHOT wasn't mentioned.

I see, but it (my launch/shot) is quite relevant considering the fact that it is the reason a commonly accepted and "superior" track is being taken down by something that is supposed to be inferior. As for Deikailo, I do not believe she is trying to gloat or anything. She is simply trying to show that things that are supposed to be the best are defeated by things that are supposed to be inferior to them. I do not see what is so wrong with that but maybe you see it differently.

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Mc Frown - Feb. 02, 2011

your launch isnt powerful, its just weird/different.

(Feb. 02, 2011  5:53 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: your launch isnt powerful, its just weird/different.

and how exactly would you know? Have you seen its effect up close or live. Its not weird just because you cant replicate it.

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Nano - Feb. 02, 2011

(Feb. 02, 2011  6:07 AM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2011  5:53 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: your launch isnt powerful, its just weird/different.

and how exactly would you know? Have you seen its effect up close or live. Its not weird just because you cant replicate it.

It's Mc Frown. He puts down everybody (well he hasn't put me down yet...)

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Kai-V - Feb. 02, 2011

As was already stated, launchers have a maximal power, and there cannot be any power difference between your launch and someone who would just shoot a Beyblade straight at full power as well. Therefore, the variable here is the technique ...

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Glad Hatter - Feb. 02, 2011

(Feb. 02, 2011  6:10 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2011  6:07 AM)Bluezee Wrote:

It's Mc Frown. He puts down everybody (well he hasn't put me down yet...)

Same here, he rocks,
Back on topic, a launch has next to nothing to do with deception unless you try the faulty and worthless hasbro concealed shoot, which will just about guarantee an upset opponent for you missing the stadium...and sucking at launching, lol.

(Feb. 02, 2011  6:26 AM)Kai-V Wrote: As was already stated, launchers have a maximal power, and there cannot be any power difference between your launch and someone who would just shoot a Beyblade straight at full power as well. Therefore, the variable here is the technique ...

So if thats the case then why do my band new WDs move like attack bottoms with even my regular shots which are supposedly the same as everyone elses since the launchers have a max? If it was merely a matter of technique then why has it not been replicatd as easily as it is supposedly stated and explained?

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Dan - Feb. 02, 2011

Okay Bluezee; Tongue_out
It sounds as if your trying to intentionally engulf yourself in self-praise, though I know you do not mean to do so.
Just sayin' because I'm sure I am not the only who might have gotten that impression which could lead me to insinuate things others might post. That is not the main point of my post though; I think instead of floating around and every once in awhile garbage about this wonder-launch is mentioned,* you should put it to rest by posting a video going through your launch. Preferably in HD, add some slow-motion haha. (Matrix)

*I basically mean that I'm tired of this being mentioned, because honestly, it doesn't belong here. Make a thread, a video, whatever to clear up this issue instead if it being cluttered around it can finally be over.
I wouldn't want you to take this the wrong way. If you manage a way to teach this, it could be a very formidle 'tactic' for tournaments. :V

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Kai-V - Feb. 02, 2011

Someone else for whom WD can act the same way told me that it was launched with a slight angle, and I think in a certain direction. Perhaps you just do it naturally.

Anyway, this is off-topic.

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Mc Frown - Feb. 02, 2011

theres a downward component as well, but sorry :X

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Ga' - Feb. 03, 2011

Does anyone else have some useful tip they would like to share?

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Fyuuor - Feb. 03, 2011

(Jan. 30, 2011  5:09 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Here's my super-annoying trick that worked every single time. According to the rules, your Beyblade selection is not finalized until you attach it to your launcher. Make sure your opponent sees your Beyblade. Put the Bey in your palm and hold it just beneath the Launcher prongs, and then twist the prongs with your fingers to make the snapping noise. Keep your Bey hidden with your fingers. Your opponent will likely assume you have attached your Beyblade and make their selection; however, since you didn't actually attach it, you are free to change as soon as your opponent attaches his.

Of course, now that the secret's out, it will be hard to get this to work. But I think this is one of the most advanced techniques you can use.

That's extremely cunning, I find the twisting of the Beylauncher prongs to be the icing on the cake.

I think it should be noted that while deception can be a handy trick to be used during a Tournament it should be used at a persons own risk. By entering a Tournament and deciding to solely use deception to aid you during your battles you should be wary that you don't focus to much effort into unsettling your opponent since it may throw off your actual game plan/battles. Deception can be a great technique if used correctly though use it sporadically and only when in doubt as otherwise you'll lose your battles as you'll be focusing to much on unsettling your opponents and not the battles at hand. I know this is a thread solely outlining this side of the game though it sounds as if quite a few players are directing to much effort into this cunning and deceptive technique whilst not practicing their shooting techniques which is a skill which can win you battles.

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Kei - Feb. 03, 2011

(Feb. 03, 2011  5:30 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: I think it should be noted that while deception can be a handy trick to be used during a Tournament it should be used at a persons own risk. By entering a Tournament and deciding to solely use deception to aid you during your battles you should be wary that you don't focus to much effort into unsettling your opponent since it may throw off your actual game plan/battles. Deception can be a great technique if used correctly though use it sporadically and only when in doubt as otherwise you'll lose your battles as you'll be focusing to much on unsettling your opponents and not the battles at hand. I know this is a thread solely outlining this side of the game though it sounds as if quite a few players are directing to much effort into this cunning and deceptive technique whilst not practicing their shooting techniques which is a skill which can win you battles.

I definitely see what you're saying here, but I would argue that deception can win you just as many, if not more, battles as having good shooting techniques can. You of course have to know how to shoot your Beyblades properly, but if you can procure a type advantage through deception, the battle has basically already been won for you.

However, you also have to be careful to not focus too much on deceiving your opponent because they might be trying to do the same to you. This doesn't really apply when two experienced Bladers are facing each other, mostly because the Stalling Clause will be invoked in those situations, but rather, it applies when you're facing Bladers you haven't faced before and you make the assumption that they don't know anything about deception. It's easy to get complacent once you've deceived a few opponents and won a few matches in a row. That sort of underestimation can and will cost you a match if you aren't cautious against every single Blader you face.

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Gibraltor - Feb. 03, 2011

(Feb. 02, 2011  6:26 AM)Kai-V Wrote: As was already stated, launchers have a maximal power, and there cannot be any power difference between your launch and someone who would just shoot a Beyblade straight at full power as well. Therefore, the variable here is the technique ...

I beg to differ. When I was a kid I would play against my dad, and he would use the stupid green roller defender or w/e(probably worse blade ever) and he spun that thing so hard that it would beat anything I put against it.

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Kai-V - Feb. 03, 2011

(Feb. 03, 2011  5:51 PM)Gibraltor Wrote: I beg to differ. When I was a kid I would play against my dad, and he would use the stupid green roller defender or w/e(probably worse blade ever) and he spun that thing so hard that it would beat anything I put against it.

... And you were a kid, therefore you were probably not able to match his strength, which would have been the maximum strength possible with that launcher.

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - BeybladeStation - Feb. 03, 2011

What I think of it is the same theory as Fyoour. It does make sense that you can be distracted by this technique, and lose your power down the road. To tell the truth, deception can really ruin what you have planned.

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Dan - Feb. 03, 2011

Or you could learn to stay on ball and let that technique only make your plans better.
Practice it on friends? Though I think it will only work once.

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Bey Brad - Feb. 03, 2011

There's no real way to practice deception techniques outside of tournament play I think. You should also be careful to not employ them too often or otherwise nobody will ever fall for them.

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Ga' - Feb. 03, 2011

^Well said! I'm going to highlight that point in the OP.

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Pcyborg - Feb. 05, 2011

I like the recolour idea. My younger brother has been using it in tournaments for a long time and it has been proven to be useful. What he likes to do is, try to get one colour for all of his combos; and paste the same sticker colour on the face bolt. One example would be, using a white bull clear wheel with a red shiny sticker on the face bolt. From a distance, it can seem like a typical L-Ldrago with a red metal face but in reality, its an Earth Bull Plastic Face low track stamina combo. Opponent takes out heavy defence based custom, he is more or less pwned.

This is just one of the method incorporated by my brother.

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - metoldragoblaze - Feb. 05, 2011

Nice tactics dude Im gonna start doing that dude really great tactics keep coming up with more ideas

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - toatanu - Feb. 06, 2011

(Jan. 30, 2011  4:20 AM)Ultimate Wrote: I can just imagine someone bragging
'Yeah i'm gonna smash you I got Vulcan and im using 85 RF yeah go and try to make the best defensive bey you can bring it' lol then you use stamina and then see the opponent hasn't fallen for your trick and uses attack lol.

There's always triple-crossing... Just brag so much your opponent thinks that you're trying to trick them, then whip out the bey you're bragging about, or just use a balance type.

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Dan - Feb. 06, 2011

I think if you mix Brads technique with well implemented bragging, the game is yours.
I'm guessing there should be an interval between using his technique right? It'll just get obvious if you do it from one player to the next, right? (a single tournament.)

RE: Deception tactics in tournaments - Ga' - Feb. 06, 2011

^That's where incorporating different techniques comes into play. You could use recolors in one tournament and the combo technique as stated above in the next.