World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. (/Thread-Random-Thoughts-4-THIS-IS-NOT-A-CHAT-ROOM)

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Rustled Jimmies - Mar. 07, 2011

As much as I want to reply, I'm avoiding a certain post in fear of what's to come if I say anything about it...

It's 5:40am. It's official. I ROYALLY screwed up my sleeping schedule...

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Hov - Mar. 07, 2011

(Mar. 07, 2011  6:15 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2011  7:28 PM)®otation Wrote: So like, I'm leaving Brooklyn today D= ut was so much fun man. Also I thought I saw Dekailo yesterday o.O
You didn't, I was in the Hamptons.

Until my car gets fixed, I'm pretty much grounded here. I guess Plue didn't like 110mph on Sunrise Highway...

LOL, car malfunction =T. So I guess there must be alot of people looking you and me and even the people on WBO. Hmm, man NYC can be confusing...

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Kai-V - Mar. 07, 2011

(Mar. 07, 2011  8:24 AM)Thresher Wrote: If you think about it, in a way life itself is a slow horrible death.

Horrible is definitely up to you. I am living very happily, Québec is cool. We have a snowstorm today, but I do not care, I still went to school. Change your mindset perhaps ...

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Sparta - Mar. 07, 2011

(Mar. 07, 2011  3:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2011  8:24 AM)Thresher Wrote: If you think about it, in a way life itself is a slow horrible death.

Horrible is definitely up to you. I am living very happily, Québec is cool. We have a snowstorm today, but I do not care, I still went to school. Change your mindset perhaps ...
I had a delay today. There was flooding. Haha, this reminds me of that stupid clothes thing we do every time to practice:

It was sunny and hot for days. Then the ___ changed. It turned cloudy and cool.

It wasn't safe to go out today. There was too much ____ yesterday. Many of the streets are flooded with water.

There are always the same. The first one is answered for you, but for the second I always put (D) Mail XD. Maybe this is why my teacher treats me like an idiot...

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Deikailo - Mar. 07, 2011

(Mar. 07, 2011  1:03 PM)®otation Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2011  6:15 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2011  7:28 PM)®otation Wrote: So like, I'm leaving Brooklyn today D= ut was so much fun man. Also I thought I saw Dekailo yesterday o.O
You didn't, I was in the Hamptons.

Until my car gets fixed, I'm pretty much grounded here. I guess Plue didn't like 110mph on Sunrise Highway...

LOL, car malfunction =T. So I guess there must be alot of people looking you and me and even the people on WBO. Hmm, man NYC can be confusing...
i actually ran into cye on the street one time when I was going out for dinner so it's entirely possible to run into me.

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Nano - Mar. 07, 2011

Does anyone else see the connection between Death Note, and 2012? Or is it just me?
I bet Kai-V knows what I'm talking about...

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Wizard - Mar. 07, 2011

(Mar. 07, 2011  8:37 PM)Nano Wrote: Does anyone else see the connection between Death Note, and 2012? Or is it just me?
I bet Kai-V knows what I'm talking about...
Yup. I'm Kira. Somebody told everyone in the world my secret that I'm gonna put everyone's name in my Death Note in 2012. Yup. XD [/Serious]

My headphones broke. I gotta get a new pair soon. Only the right side works now...

I'm trying to convince my dad to take me to New York for a day this summer. I want to go see Spider-Man The Musical: Turn Off The Dark. The show looks amazing. I just gotta convince my dad to take me to see it. And possibly stop by the Nintendo World Store while I'm there... Hopefully I can convince him to take me...

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Rustled Jimmies - Mar. 07, 2011

If you go to the Nintendo World, beware of normal retail prices and the horrendous 8.875% sales tax...

I actually wanna hit Kinokuniya to get me that poster to put on my (empty, plain) wall. That, and go to FAO Shwarz...I hate Toys R Us in Time Square...

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - BeybladeStation - Mar. 07, 2011

(Mar. 07, 2011  10:58 PM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: If you go to the Nintendo World, beware of normal retail prices and the horrendous 8.875% sales tax...

I actually wanna hit Kinokuniya to get me that poster to put on my (empty, plain) wall. That, and go to FAO Shwarz...I hate Toys R Us in Time Square...
Where I live, sales tax is 10%

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Nano - Mar. 07, 2011

Haha! Suckers. I gots no sales tax!

I really want to win a Dreamcast hoodie. That would make me soooo happy ^^

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Wizard - Mar. 07, 2011

(Mar. 07, 2011  10:58 PM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: If you go to the Nintendo World, beware of normal retail prices and the horrendous 8.875% sales tax...

Uhh... What do you mean Retail Prices...? I'm not exactly sure what you mean. What would some collectibles or a Wii game cost?

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - SK - Mar. 07, 2011

lol @ people complaining about 8% tax

14% sales tax
36% tax on my income

and i'm not even complaining

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Sparta - Mar. 07, 2011

(Mar. 07, 2011  11:06 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:

Uhh... What do you mean Retail Prices...? I'm not exactly sure what you mean. What would some collectibles or a Wii game cost?

I think he means that there is no discount at the store on items, even though it is at the direct source of the product. Like at Hershey Park, since everything is priced the same as it would be at, say, shop rite. It really should be a discount since there is no shipping cost....

anyways, I have something called the "Sean Forrest Retreat" in a few minutes. It's at my church for like 5 hours (4:30-9:30), and even though people say it's good, I won't enjoy it because it'll make me miss dinner Unhappy. And I like food!

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Deikailo - Mar. 08, 2011

(Mar. 07, 2011  10:55 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: My headphones broke. I gotta get a new pair soon. Only the right side works now...

I'm trying to convince my dad to take me to New York for a day this summer. I want to go see Spider-Man The Musical: Turn Off The Dark. The show looks amazing. I just gotta convince my dad to take me to see it. And possibly stop by the Nintendo World Store while I'm there... Hopefully I can convince him to take me...
If you do go to New York, hit me up and I'll see if I can't get together a tournament for you. After all, I'm the queen of last minute tournaments.

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Dan - Mar. 08, 2011

(Mar. 07, 2011  6:11 AM)Nano Wrote: hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- The fear of long words.... Ironic isn't it?

Isn't it also ironic that you spelled it wrong?
It is spelled:
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, You were missing a p, IIRC.

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Wizard - Mar. 08, 2011

(Mar. 08, 2011  12:16 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2011  10:55 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: My headphones broke. I gotta get a new pair soon. Only the right side works now...

If you do go to New York, hit me up and I'll see if I can't get together a tournament for you. After all, I'm the queen of last minute tournaments.
Lol. I don't think I would be able to stop at a tournament. I think after sitting down for hours at a Musical (An epic one at that) and visiting the Nintendo World Store (For god only knows how long) and possibly convincing him to take me to a few other shops and somewhere to eat... My dad would probably be tired and want to go home. Lol. I would probably be kinda tired too. I'll be lucky if I can even convince him to take me though...

Has anybody on here seen Spider-Man The Musical :Turn Off The Dark yet? They're saying it's the most expensive and dangerous show on broadway... Ever... I'm wondering if it's as Epic as I hope it will be...

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Rustled Jimmies - Mar. 08, 2011

(Mar. 07, 2011  11:06 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Uhh... What do you mean Retail Prices...? I'm not exactly sure what you mean. What would some collectibles or a Wii game cost?

(Mar. 07, 2011  11:30 PM)Sparta Wrote: I think he means that there is no discount at the store on items, even though it is at the direct source of the product. Like at Hershey Park, since everything is priced the same as it would be at, say, shop rite. It really should be a discount since there is no shipping cost....

Actually, when I bought from there one time, the stuff was more expensive then at places like Best Buy or Target. Nintendo World is a VERY specific story, but like Sparta said, they don't really give discounts, rewards, or whatever compared to major retail stores like...Target and Best Buy. It's just a museum-store, IMO. It's awesome to go to, but I'd rather go to places that sell these type of items AND I get a discount or a discount opportunity for it. It's your choice, I enjoy looking around the place, but I don't like buying there...

(Mar. 07, 2011  11:29 PM)SK Wrote: lol @ people complaining about 8% tax

14% sales tax
36% tax on my income

and i'm not even complaining

The only reason why I complain is because of the decimals. It makes calculating much harder. Sure, you only need to multiply 0.08875 with the price to get an estimate of how much to add (to the nearest hundredth), but you can't imagine how hard it was for me to calculate how much the decimals were. Back when I didn't shop in NYC as much as I do now, I'm always off by 3 tenths more or less, or like .575 or .285 or whatever, I'm always messing it up. That's why I prefer straight up whole numbers, like %14, %10, or even %7.

The only exception to this is where I live. In New Jersey, the tax is %7. But in Jersey City where I live, and some other places in NJ, it's surprisingly %3.5. It's easy to remember because it's 3 and a half, and you only need one decimal to remember (and luckily for me, it's my favorite number). The 3.5 doesn't count to buying fast food, like McDonalds or Subways, though. You have to count %7 for that...

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Nano - Mar. 08, 2011

(Mar. 08, 2011  12:23 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2011  6:11 AM)Nano Wrote: hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- The fear of long words.... Ironic isn't it?

Isn't it also ironic that you spelled it wrong?
It is spelled:
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, You were missing a p, IIRC.

Actually I did spell it correctly. People add the extra "p" to make it longer on purpose.

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Dude - Mar. 08, 2011

Who the hell cares if such a ridicously long word was mispelled, anyway?

Seriously, did anyone read that word and think "Yep, that's the best word there is." That's so needlessly long.

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Sparta - Mar. 08, 2011

A longer and awesomer word would be pneumoniaultramicroscopicsilicovolcanocanosis. IOt's a lung desease caused by inhalence of certain air particles (A.K.A Volcanic ash- hence the volcano in the name)

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Rustled Jimmies - Mar. 08, 2011

Wasn't the longest word supposed to be some chemical metal or something? Got around 100k+ letters in it?

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Dan - Mar. 08, 2011

(Mar. 08, 2011  1:06 AM)Nano Wrote: Actually I did spell it correctly. People add the extra "p" to make it longer on purpose.

I C+P'd the word and it came up as incorrect or 'did you mean' implying that it was spelt wrong.. :V

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Sparta - Mar. 08, 2011

Well, pneumoniaultra has like 20 syllables so I guess it would compete in the 'most syllables' category...

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Thresher - Mar. 08, 2011

(Mar. 07, 2011  10:59 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
How is it horrible? Even as I'm currently going through something that's tearing me up inside can I say that life is a horrible death. I might see some truth in a slow death, but it is certainly not horrible.

I don't mean your entire life is horrible, I mean horrible in the sense of the sheer amour of pain one goes through in life. If you added up every cut or bruise you have had so far and received them all at once you would be in an extreme amount of pain, and it would definitely appear as though someone tortured you. I should have specified what I meant by horrible. as an experience life is amazing, I was just counting all of the physical trauma your body goes through.

RE: Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. - Annoying-Fork - Mar. 08, 2011

Update on my illness:

Apparently I cannot even be around my dogs this time.

Can you guess what happened?