World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Pokémon Wi-Fi - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Pokémon Wi-Fi (/Thread-Pok%C3%83%C2%A9mon-Wi-Fi)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - Guitar_Legend - May. 02, 2009

yeah I doubt I'd ever worry about IV's. maybe look into EV's but they dont concern me at the moment.

"^Reason: Because Choice Banded, STAB'd, Technician'd Priority coming off of Base 130 Attack really hurts."
someone explain what these means? I asked why Scizor was a popular choice for a pokemon.

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - Aikemi - May. 02, 2009

Choice Band prevents ohko(?)
s.t.a.b. means same type attack boost, it adds 10%
technician is an ability i am pretty sure mine has (dont remember what it does atm)
and a base attack of 130 is its attack at its very lowest (im pretty sure that includes an inhibiting nature.)

Sooo, if you had a scizor with 31 IVs and maxed out EVs in attack that knew bullet punch, x scissor, and any other bug or steel type move, it would dominate.

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - Pich - May. 03, 2009

Technician doubles the power of an attack with lower than 50 power, I believe. So, your bullet punches that you were just using were like strong as hell.

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - ginga - May. 03, 2009

anyone wanna battle me . on dp

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - KoD PT - May. 03, 2009

(May. 02, 2009  9:10 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: yeah I doubt I'd ever worry about IV's. maybe look into EV's but they dont concern me at the moment.

"^Reason: Because Choice Banded, STAB'd, Technician'd Priority coming off of Base 130 Attack really hurts."
someone explain what these means? I asked why Scizor was a popular choice for a pokemon.

Choice Band increases Atk x1.5 (it restricts you to one move until you switch), STAB gives a 1.5 boost to a moves base power (100 bp -> 150 bp), Technician makes Bullet Punch (BP 40) act as a 80 base power move, which also has priority, so you attack first even if you're slower and base 130 attack = 394 attack with a beneficial nature, maxed and a 31 IV (goes to 591 Atk with choice band on).

There's more to it than just the CB set. Scizor doing well in the current metagame is one of the reasons for being used as can be seen here. It does well along with other high OUs like Heatran as well. If you feel like running calcs with approximate % for OHKOs and 2HKOs, check here. For the Smogon analysis, see here:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/scizor

A few months ago, Scizor was just stuck in BL, then it ended up rising to the #1 spot in OU when players realized how well it could do in the current metagame.
Actually, there were others rising as well ever since they banned Garchomp to Uber.

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - ginga - May. 03, 2009

anyone wanna trade a charmander

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - Aikemi - May. 03, 2009

I have charmander, PM me.

EDIT: Anyone want to battle?

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - Black Night - May. 04, 2009

haaaaaaaaaa no one can beat me

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - Aikemi - May. 04, 2009

You, me, let`s dance Tongue_out_wink. Even if I were to lose, atleast I know my team is legit.

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - Pich - May. 05, 2009

(May. 04, 2009  11:42 PM)Hero Wrote: You, me, let`s dance Tongue_out_wink. Even if I were to lose, atleast I know my team is legit.

Shutup Crying
Well, technically mine's legit >.> I'm not using PokeSav. XD
Anyway, I'll battle someone too. I'm pretty bored right now waiting for a DVD to burn.

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - Aikemi - May. 05, 2009

XD. Well im up for a battle. Can you help me replace Weavile? Its only purpose is to take up space :\.

(May. 05, 2009  3:00 AM)Hero Wrote: XD. Well im up for a battle. Can you help me replace Weavile? Its only purpose is to take up space :\.

Whadya mean? I'll give you a pokemon(a Calm Celebi) to replace it if you will teach my pokemon some Platinum Tutor moves when I need it (two moves to be exact). Then you will also know some of what my new team will be as well.

I will tutor them (shards are a PAIN.) And you dont have to give me one, i just meant throw around some ideas Smile.

No, you need it. I've replaced it with a better pokemon, anyway (I honestly don't knwo why I ever put it in there to begin with XD), so otherwise it's just gonna get released. And c'mon, it's a Calm nature. Calm nature is perfect for a lead Celebi! But, yeah, I'll be on WiFi in about 3 minutes.

um k. i dont think i can get on wifi Unhappy.

Why not? =(

DS is in the car and idk where the charger is D: .

Nice..... well, guess we could do it tomorrow. It'll give me time to catch Rhyperior and Zapdos Lips_sealed.

I have rhyperior, no zap.

I don't want your Rhyperior =P I need a certain nature and ability and I'm gonna EV train it. Thanks anyway, though. (if you were even offering) XD

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - Bey Brad - May. 05, 2009

rhyperior sucks

Rhyperior is great for my team. =P

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - Storm Pegasis - May. 06, 2009

I can take anyone down with my Platinum Pokemon team.

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - Pich - May. 06, 2009

You, me, now....mmmk? (lol, most likely you will win, too) XD

RE: Pokémon Wi-Fi - Storm Pegasis - May. 06, 2009

What's your pal pad code so I can take down your pokemon?
Wait I'm in the Battle Hall in the Battle Frontier right now.