World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: WBO Beyblade Communities (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Beyblade-Communities)
+---- Forum: Rest of the world (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Rest-of-the-world)
+---- Thread: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! (/Thread-Bey-Tournaments-India-Read-Rules-in-1st-Post)

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - SpikeBeyRaahul - Jul. 16, 2012

Ajitumari and Ray striker9 will you come for a Tournament on the 12th of August.

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - Infobleeder321 - Jul. 16, 2012

No sorry I go on August 3

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - ashton pinto - Aug. 14, 2012

so this is my zero G stadium
And we are planning to have the first zero G WBO tourney on 18th of this month so if anyone is interested PM me..

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - dragonFang101 - Aug. 16, 2012

name - dragonPhang101(tijil)
city living in - faridabaf
state - haryana
country - india
age - 15
add me also and tell me whenever a tournament happe in new delhi or faridabad
I have also got many friends who will join wbo and they will come to tournaments

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - SpikeBeyRaahul - Aug. 18, 2012

Great for you,now you can host if you can go to Delhi.There are Bladers in Delhi and if you can bring you friends then the atendees problem is gone,now you have to buy a legal Bey stadium ie:BB-10 Attack Bey stadium.You have to decide a Venue and Date where everybody can come.Smile

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - karatekid - Sep. 01, 2012

username = KarateKid
Real name = Tushar
hometown = Panchkula, haryana
Country = India

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - RahulFencer - Sep. 01, 2012

RahulFencer (Real name Rahul)
Panchkula
India in haryana Haryana
well can any1 who has a place for me in a team

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - ashton pinto - Sep. 01, 2012

NOTICE : we are planing to host a beyblade tournament (Zero G &/or MFB format) in mumbai, on 8th saturday of september at sanjay gandhi national park.., so if anyone is interested PM me or nik1392 as soon as possible &we will update you with the latest information.

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - Justaway - Sep. 02, 2012

Sorry, I cant come. My parents want me to study well till Diwali so, I cannot attend an event before Diwali. Hope you get 8 members soon. Smile

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - Janstarblast - Sep. 02, 2012

Sorry, even I cannot come. Smile
Like N0body, even I will have to study till Diwali.

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - RahulFencer - Sep. 02, 2012

(Sep. 01, 2012  5:16 PM)ashton pinto Wrote: NOTICE : we are planing to host a beyblade tournament (Zero G &/or MFB format) in mumbai, on 8th saturday of september at sanjay gandhi national park.., so if anyone is interested PM me or nik1392 as soon as possible &we will update you with the latest information.

hey can u held the tounament in haryana,
as my mom and dad won't allow me to play a tournament so far as they say m too small for that.
my age is 13
if it is held in faridabad, chandigarh, panchkula or anywhere in delhi than i m ready.

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - Janstarblast - Sep. 02, 2012

This is a Forum where members take up the initiative to host tournaments in their regions. In this thread, we deal specifically with tourneys in India.
We do not have a universal Indian tournament organizer; anyone can host a tournament (anyone who fulfills the prerequisites, that is)!
So, you do not need to come to Mumbai to participate in a tourney, and nor does ashton need to be with you in Haryana for a tourney... Smile

I'd suggest you to read around the Forums, so that you know how to host a tournament. Smile
Then, you can go ahead finding people in your area who might be interested in taking part...

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - Justaway - Sep. 02, 2012

(Sep. 02, 2012  10:53 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: I'd suggest you to read around the Forums, so that you know how to host a tournament. Smile
Then, you can go ahead finding people in your area who might be interested in taking part...
I'd suggest you to Read the OP

Everything regarding the tournaments is already present in the OP. Please make sure to read it before asking others to host a tournament where you live.
And yes, as Janstarblast said, you can host a tournament too. Learn to do things yourself instead of depending on others to do it for you. Smile

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - zeneo - Sep. 05, 2012

according to my study,i've concluded that there are MANY MANY BLADERS living in close proximity of the area,but,here's the list of problems why we struggle to find enough participants for the tournament-
1.they are basically kids,and are too small to ask for $10(this is India we're talking about)
2.most kids think there should be prizes for winning the tournament.
3.if a new area has participants,mostly paypal becomes a problem-we should find ways to sort these problems
I have nothing against the WBO,nor any of the committee members,i'm aware of the thread about the whole matter of money and WBO,so,again,nothing against them,

again,i have nearly 12 to 13 people who play beyblade in my area(enough participants to host a tournament on our own),of them,only sharven12 has his passport and shaun5pais will be joining most probably in October-that's the saddest part
Unhappy

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - Kai-V - Sep. 05, 2012

How come everyone in Mumbai and Hyderabad are fine with paying either the entry fee or getting a Blader Passport ? Also, how do they expect to have prizes if they do not participate with the money ? Do they realise that we are all volunteers here, and that nobody is rich ?

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - Justaway - Sep. 05, 2012

TBH, the members who participate in Mumbai and Hyderabad are all(well, most of them are) regular users on the WBO so they know how the WBO functions and what the money is used for.

However, most other members do not know either of this and they think that the entry fee is going to be used by the organizers for themselves to make money. And since they believe that the organizers have already made enough money by hosting events, they expect a prize from the amount they pay. One of the participant's parent thought the same and refused to allow his son to enter any tournament after that just because his son did not get a prize even after paying the entry fee.

And again, most people do not have internet access or are too lazy to access the internet to find the truth of the situation. Hence, we are usually restricted to 10-15 participants at the max. even though there are easily more than 30 bladers in everyone's locality.

The other problem is, most people want someone else to host a tournament where they live(you can find numerous people like that on this thread itself). So, everyone expects someone else to host. And when the 'host' turns out to be someone they know, they abandon the event. I dont know why, but it has happened twice now that the people in my locality refused to enter the event after they came to know that I am the host.

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - zeneo - Sep. 05, 2012

Kai-V-NObody summed it up very well what i was trying to say.
the most kids and their parents fail to realize that the WBO is a non-profit organization and the tournaments are not by some billionaire firm or corporation,and yeah,hence,most of them think that the prizes are provided by these filthy rich firms and they find that $10 or even $5 would be too much to be invest in,especially for the parents,who think it's too much to put in a spinning top game.
anyways,i thank you for your kind understanding!
finally addressing the paypal situation-my cousin has a group of people who are interested and were ready to pay $5 to host at least one tourney in their locality(which is Goa,state below Maharashtra)but it was paralyzed due to the fact that no one was aware of paypal and the plan was dropped(they had an unofficial tourney in a Hasbro stadium though)and also beys are easy to get but not BB-10,especially,in India.so let's see if anything can be done in the near future

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - ashton pinto - Sep. 05, 2012

There are many problems why people dont participate in tourneys, though they have play the game & have many beys. Its true that there are many kids who beyblade, but only a few know about the WBO and all that.
the only thing we can do is to get them convinced. So let all of us try.

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - pranzdiv123 - Sep. 05, 2012

Well there are 20 bladers in my locality but none of them want to join the wbo and alll of them have fake beys i tried to make them understand that the fakes are not allowed and the wbo is really cool but all of them think $10 is too much and prefer fakes over originals cuz they are cheaper.

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - Kai-V - Sep. 05, 2012

Why do they all have the number "ten dollars" though ? You told them that a regular entry fee is just five dollars, no ?

Also, it is really weird that anybody would expect to necessarily get a prize, winning or not, after just paying five dollars. Five dollars only gets you two or three packs of chewing gum when you go to a store, but you expect to get a Beyblade that costs over ten dollars ?

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - pranzdiv123 - Sep. 05, 2012

(Sep. 05, 2012  2:58 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Why do they all have the number "ten dollars" though ? You told them that a regular entry fee is just five dollars, no ?

Also, it is really weird that anybody would expect to necessarily get a prize, winning or not, after just paying five dollars. Five dollars only gets you two or three packs of chewing gum when you go to a store, but you expect to get a Beyblade that costs over ten dollars ?

Yeah i told them about the one time entry fees but all of them say we want prizes what can i do when i convince most of them 19 the left one whose parents dont allow him goes and tells all the other parents of the other children that it is a scam.

RE: Bey Tournaments India - Read Rules in 1st Post! - dragonFang101 - Sep. 05, 2012

Kai-V in india $1 is enough to buy a large pack of potato chips and a 500ml coke and $5 are more than the half price of beys here , so parents expect beys in return

(Sep. 05, 2012  3:14 PM)dragonPhang101 Wrote: Kai-V in india $1 is enough to buy a large pack of potato chips and a 500ml coke and $5 are more than the half price of beys here , so parents expect beys in return

dude she is talking about takara tomy beys and not hasbro(funskool).

Hi....! - ashton pinto - Sep. 05, 2012

(Sep. 05, 2012  2:58 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Why do they all have the number "ten dollars" though ? You told them that a regular entry fee is just five dollars, no ?

thats true, but here we get beys for around 7$, and yes they should not be greedy, if they really love beyblade then they should play for the love & fun of the game..

RE: Hi....! - pranzdiv123 - Sep. 05, 2012

(Sep. 05, 2012  3:23 PM)ashton pinto Wrote:

thats true, but here we get beys for around 7$, and yes they should not be greedy, if they really love beyblade then they should play for the love & fun of the game..

you are right they have no bey spirit only greed.I even tried explaining them that the beys are of takara tomy and they are of higher quality than hasbro.(funskool) and that $10 is actually less for takara beys with added shipping.