World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Grey - Oct. 19, 2008

(Oct. 19, 2008  2:50 PM)pegasis Wrote: We Muslims consider the mixing of music and words from our Holy Quran deeply offending, isnt this enough?

i hate it when people talk about islam while they dont know anything about it and about how great it is

It's still just a video game

I somewhat doubt the person who wrote this wanted people to get upset over it

And the lyrics (at least, the ones that are translated in the link SK posted) aren't completely false: They basically say everyone on the earth will die, which is true, everyone will eventually die. Wink

Unless it's talking about some kind of genocide or sudden apocalypse, which is also somewhat true

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Oct. 19, 2008

its completely true,i dare u to find 1 thing in quran that isnt true!,and we find it horrible to put what god said with muzic even in a vedio game or any other things,i know they didnt mean to offend us,and thats why we sent them a realy polite messege about that

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Oct. 19, 2008

this is not a topic to be talking about religion Gasp (i see it getting pretty close to a heated discussion about it)

this is a topic about gaming and killing virtually

also in related news i completed lumines' campaign mode

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Oct. 19, 2008

your right,then am going to open a religion discussion thread
just joking lol

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Oct. 19, 2008

No offense Pegasis, but so what if you are offended? Why do you think the entire world has to be sensitive to your culture? This is a song by a MUSLIM artist, and clearly he wasn't too offended by it. There was nothing anti-Islamic about this song ... you're wasting your time getting offended by something that has no offensive connotations.

I've visited a mosque and spoke with the owner. Islam is a beautiful religion that is given a bad image by extremists. However, this sort of hyper-sensitivity is what gives Islam a bad image in the eyes of non-Muslims.

FYI, this isn't a place for you to preach your religion, so please don't say things like "everything in the Qu'ran is true" or "they don't know how great Islam is." While you have every right to practice your religion, you have no right to push it on the members here.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - AnchoredCross - Oct. 19, 2008

I've been looking forward to LBP for a long time... I'm carp' upset that there was a recall just because of some petty "offense" to a particular religious group. It's not as though there was any REAL transgression involved. They didn't blatantly insult the religion AT ALL.

Jesus Christ...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - beymasterkai - Oct. 19, 2008

(Oct. 19, 2008  10:31 PM)AnchoredCross Wrote: I've been looking forward to LBP for a long time... I'm carp' upset that there was a recall just because of some petty "offense" to a particular religious group. It's not as though there was any REAL transgression involved. They didn't blatantly insult the religion AT ALL.

Jesus Christ...

WHAT?!?! you said JESUS CHRIST! BLASPHEMY! lol jp
but seriously, music can be used as a form of praseal as well. sometimes we cant be so judgemental.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Oct. 20, 2008

i told you brad i find mixing wut god said with music isnt right,anyway am sorry about everything and lets change the subject.

guys i found some hacked pokemon platinum roms,the roms are in english but they are not completly transilated.so if any1 cant wait for the game then he should try them Smile

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - beymasterkai - Oct. 20, 2008

(Oct. 20, 2008  1:37 PM)pegasis Wrote: i told you brad i find mixing wut god said with music isnt right,anyway am sorry about everything and lets change the subject.

guys i found some hacked pokemon platinum roms,the roms are in english but they are not completly transilated.so if any1 cant wait for the game then he should try them Smile

how much is in english? if its at least 75% ill give it a try lol. not a huge pokemon fan anymore though. Pinching_eyes_2

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Grey - Oct. 21, 2008

Hay gais

Did you know that Ash Ketchums last name is sort of liek the Pokemon catch phrase?

Crazy stuff

EDIT:
I wouldn't bother with the Platinum ROMs. They're illegal to use and DISTRIBUTE

But that doesn't matter, you just shouldn't use them. Quit being impatient and just wait for the game to be released overseas. It'll only be Spring, seriously.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - AnchoredCross - Oct. 21, 2008

(Oct. 21, 2008  12:22 AM)Grey Wrote: Quit being impatient and just wait for the game to be released overseas. It'll only be Spring, seriously.

Anticipating major fail.

I'll probably end up buying it anyway...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - beymasterkai - Oct. 21, 2008

(Oct. 21, 2008  12:22 AM)Grey Wrote: EDIT:

But that doesn't matter, you just shouldn't use them. Quit being impatient and just wait for the game to be released overseas. It'll only be Spring, seriously.

sorry grey, i roll with the skull and crossbones crew, AGRRRGGGGGG XD if ya know what i mean

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Oct. 21, 2008

not here to play moral patrol, grey :\

(Oct. 21, 2008  2:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

true, thanks brad. but im curious where do u stand in the pirate topic? lol XD

(Oct. 21, 2008  2:32 AM)beymasterkai Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2008  2:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

true, thanks brad. but im curious where do u stand in the pirate topic? lol XD

I don't have a stance. Wink

shure Wink athority figures never do lol

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - B - Oct. 21, 2008

Gears of war 2 seems to be coming soon. im so excited Grin

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Oct. 21, 2008

(Oct. 21, 2008  12:22 AM)Grey Wrote: Hay gais

Did you know that Ash Ketchums last name is sort of liek the Pokemon catch phrase?

Crazy stuff

EDIT:

are u afraid to use roms?i have been using roms for my ds for 2 years now and no one ever told me anything Smile i think its legal,if it isnt then why didnt they close the roms sites or stop selling the roms reader(r4 and other)???

(Oct. 21, 2008  1:50 PM)pegasis Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2008  12:22 AM)Grey Wrote: Hay gais

Crazy stuff

EDIT:

are u afraid to use roms?i have been using roms for my ds for 2 years now and no one ever told me anything Smile i think its legal,if it isnt then why didnt they close the roms sites or stop selling the roms reader(r4 and other)???

roms arent illegal. you are legally allowed 1 back up for a game that you have. you can only get the rom if you own the game. it is illegal to download or use a rom if you dont own the game. i prefer to have only one ds card than carry 10 little squares in my pocket for every game i want to play. now if i have the original or not, i will never tell! BUAHAHAHAHAHA Wink

why would someone download the game rom if he has the original game? thats just stuped!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Oct. 21, 2008

(Oct. 21, 2008  3:56 PM)pegasis Wrote: why would someone download the game rom if he has the original game? thats just stuped!

Because, like beymasterkai said, if you own 10 DS games, who wants to carry around all 10 cartridges in their pocket when they could rip the game to a memory card reader (like the R4) and carry one DS cartridge instead of ten.

Its legal to have one backup copy of any game that you own, but the catch is you have to actually own the physical disc/cartridge.

(Oct. 21, 2008  6:48 PM)Roan Wrote: Its legal to have one backup copy of any game that you own, but the catch is you have to actually own the physical disc/cartridge.

This is a myth.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NAP - Oct. 21, 2008

(Oct. 21, 2008  7:03 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2008  6:48 PM)Roan Wrote: Its legal to have one backup copy of any game that you own, but the catch is you have to actually own the physical disc/cartridge.

This is a myth.

How does it work then?

(Oct. 21, 2008  6:48 PM)Roan Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2008  3:56 PM)pegasis Wrote: why would someone download the game rom if he has the original game? thats just stuped!

Because, like beymasterkai said, if you own 10 DS games, who wants to carry around all 10 cartridges in their pocket when they could rip the game to a memory card reader (like the R4) and carry one DS cartridge instead of ten.

Its legal to have one backup copy of any game that you own, but the catch is you have to actually own the physical disc/cartridge.
and how would they know if u have the game or not?

they know like if they raid your house XD XD XD and to brad, its not a myth. its true under the digital rights act (or whatever its called) as long as you have the physical disk, cartridge etc, it legal.