World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Oct. 17, 2008

my mouse has one button B)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - KoD PT - Oct. 17, 2008

(Oct. 16, 2008  11:30 PM)Elmo Wrote: I don't think I've posted this here.

OMG MONSTER HUNTER 3 LOOKS SWEET, I'M GETTING A WII JUST FOR THIS...

I've never played a Monster Hunter game or even knew much about it before, but after watching the TGS trailer it got me interested. Looks great too.

I got a Masterball from the Jubilife TV station lottery in Pokémon Pearl yesterday. Never thought that was gonna happen =o

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Oct. 17, 2008

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/17/littlebigplanet-delayed-in-europe/

i can't remember the last time i've been so carp pissed
i'm really struggling to hold myself back from saying something i'll regret

the thing that's really pissing me off is that it wouldn't be delayed if it included verses from the bible or the tora

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Oct. 17, 2008

Yeah tell me about it. Hyper Sensitive Religion and stuffages. Like come on, it's a freaking platformer with a burlap sack creature. Like WTF, and of course if Sony allowed it to go out in the jungle there would be a good chance of these people protesting...

I can have references to Jesus in my game but oh gawd, can't touch many other religions.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - beymasterkai - Oct. 17, 2008

wow thats dumb isnt that prity much goin against freedom of speech. and since is a song couldnt you just turn that track off >_>

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Doompenguin - Oct. 17, 2008

Didn't Ocarina of Time have almost the exact same problem? Except, of course, I don't think they recalled the game, they just removed the music from later versions.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Oct. 17, 2008

^ Someone on Kotaku posted a comment about that, they stated it was because Nintendo didn't think Americans liked the song.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Oct. 17, 2008

(Oct. 17, 2008  10:16 PM)Doompenguin Wrote: Didn't Ocarina of Time have almost the exact same problem? Except, of course, I don't think they recalled the game, they just removed the music from later versions.

it was a temple for carp's sake

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Oct. 18, 2008

am muslim...no comment

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Oct. 18, 2008

(Oct. 18, 2008  10:56 AM)pegasis Wrote: am muslim...no comment

if you're offended by this i'd like to hear why

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Oct. 18, 2008

well..i am not offended but i prefer not to put those voices that says god is the greatest in the hells (fire)temple..why didnt they choose any other voices,why islam?
if there are voices from the other religions in games plz post me a link for these vedio so i can understand that its something normal!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - BeyUK-Espio - Oct. 18, 2008

(Oct. 17, 2008  9:07 PM)beymasterkai Wrote: wow thats dumb isnt that prity much goin against freedom of speech. and since is a song couldnt you just turn that track off >_>

Freedom of speech doesn't exist when it comes to religion because you can't dis another religion because your always going to be considered as wrong.

I have never really been a fan of Monster Hunter, I played a Demo and couldn't get into it...don't know why.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Oct. 18, 2008

(Oct. 18, 2008  12:27 PM)pegasis Wrote: well..i am not offended but i prefer not to put those voices that says god is the greatest in the hells (fire)temple..why didnt they choose any other voices,why islam?
if there are voices from the other religions in games plz post me a link for these vedio so i can understand that its something normal!

I,m pretty certain you're talking about Zelda, so I won't comment on that. But in the case of LittleBigPlanet the game features a very wide array of music that is supppoused to represent other cultures. Just like how Fifa games have soundtracks with Italian, Spanish, Porutuguese and other langauges.

And tonnes of games take place in Churches and with one exception (oddly enough, it's another Sony game in Resistance) no one complains largely. And to no extent have these controverseys got more then a Sorry letter. But this is different. Sony had to do something, why?

(Oct. 18, 2008  1:08 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2008  9:07 PM)beymasterkai Wrote: wow thats dumb isnt that prity much goin against freedom of speech. and since is a song couldnt you just turn that track off >_>

Freedom of speech doesn't exist when it comes to religion because you can't dis another religion because your always going to be considered as wrong.

I have never really been a fan of Monster Hunter, I played a Demo and couldn't get into it...don't know why.

Except LBP wasn't dissing anyone, it was a part of a song that was licensed from a third party. It was just that that song quoted lines from the Qu'aran.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NAP - Oct. 18, 2008

*tries to change the subject*
Hey, what is your opinion on the DSi?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Oct. 18, 2008

if i wanted a wifi/camera/music player/game device i'd use my phone

all my faith in nintendo has gone out the window

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Doompenguin - Oct. 18, 2008

I still have (and like) my original DS. The one you could club a baby seal with. Cameras are ok, I suppose, but I'd rather just hang onto the GBA slot.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Oct. 18, 2008

(Oct. 18, 2008  12:27 PM)pegasis Wrote: well..i am not offended but i prefer not to put those voices that says god is the greatest in the hells (fire)temple..why didnt they choose any other voices,why islam?

Assasin's Creed was anti-christian, yet no one said anything
but when Sony samples a song that has 2 lines from the quran, muslims start to protest and the game gets delayed

i just don't get it, what's wrong with having parts of the quran or anything else islamic related in a game? it's just a carp video game

of course if sony had released it with the verses still in it, there'd be a shitload of protests, mostly from people who don't even play videogames
i understand why sony decided to remove the song, they were probably afraid to get their headquarters bombed or something, but the fact that muslims felt the need to complain about this is annoying me beyond words

Um.

The Fire Temple is not the "Hell Temple". It is the temple of fire, and it is a good place that has been turned evil by a monster living inside.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Oct. 18, 2008

(Oct. 18, 2008  8:07 PM)SK Wrote:

Assasin's Creed was anti-christian, yet no one said anything
but when Sony samples a song that has 2 lines from the quran, muslims start to protest and the game gets delayed

i just don't get it, what's wrong with having parts of the quran or anything else islamic related in a game? it's just a carp video game

of course if sony had released it with the verses still in it, there'd be a shitload of protests, mostly from people who don't even play videogames
i understand why sony decided to remove the song, they were probably afraid to get their headquarters bombed or something, but the fact that muslims felt the need to complain about this is annoying me beyond words

they seem to like to complain about everything

Did anyone actually complain about this, though? I didn't hear about any complaints.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Oct. 18, 2008

(Oct. 18, 2008  11:32 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Did anyone actually complain about this, though? I didn't hear about any complaints.
http://kotaku.com/5065106/nsiders-letter-to-sony-and-media-molecule-re-quran-references
(Oct. 18, 2008  11:32 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Did anyone actually complain about this, though? I didn't hear about any complaints.

http://kotaku.com/5065106/nsiders-letter-to-sony-and-media-molecule-re-quran-references

But the dude who wrote the song is a Muslim. Confused

This is actually total carp, there is nothing offensive about these references, they provide no commentary on Islam. They have nobody to blame but themselves for being offended so easily; your religion is not off limits to cultural referencing.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NAP - Oct. 19, 2008

(Oct. 18, 2008  7:56 PM)Doompenguin Wrote: I still have (and like) my original DS. The one you could club a baby seal with. Cameras are ok, I suppose, but I'd rather just hang onto the GBA slot.
I agree, if it still had a Gba slot it'll be a must have for nintendo fan like me. lol but, nintendo is stressing on Wii style interface for some odd reason...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - beymasterkai - Oct. 19, 2008

(Oct. 19, 2008  12:10 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2008  7:56 PM)Doompenguin Wrote: I still have (and like) my original DS. The one you could club a baby seal with. Cameras are ok, I suppose, but I'd rather just hang onto the GBA slot.
I agree, if it still had a Gba slot it'll be a must have for nintendo fan like me. lol but, nintendo is stressing on Wii style interface for some odd reason...
not really its that they are phasing away the gba. and comon if you want to play gba games then just use your gba lol this seems like a good move on their part IMO.

and to brad: i also agree. there is nothing to be offended by there. its just some people are so closed minded that if they hear anything somewhat muslem sounding, they think its offensive or terrorist. :-/ people just need to accept other cultures and music is part of it.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Oct. 19, 2008

We Muslims consider the mixing of music and words from our Holy Quran deeply offending, isnt this enough?

i hate it when people talk about islam while they dont know anything about it and about how great it is