World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Sep. 05, 2008

(Sep. 05, 2008  5:28 PM)Roan Wrote: Dude Brad, check this out, some retailers are selling the 20 GB 360 for like $199:

"The recently discounted to $299 20GB Xbox 360 models are now showing up at retailers across North America at even lower price points due to the fact that the 60GB model also dropped its price to $299. Essentially making the 20GB a bad deal. As a result, Best Buy and Amazon.com are currently selling the 20GB 360 model for $259 while Futureshop in Canada has discounted the 20GB model to $199 and is bundling it with Gears of War and DOA: Xtreme 2. Happy shopping!"

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/09/05/retailers-clearance-price-20gb-xbox-360s/

With RFD and CAG, there is like a 0.2% of me getting that one.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Sep. 05, 2008

lol brandon

i like ps3 and i don't like xbox, but i'll admit that resistance was a carp game, step out of denial please

also socom will not be the new call of duty 4, most cod4 players will probably switch to cod5

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Sep. 06, 2008

Me wants Spore, but me afraid of it not working on my PC, since I killed my brothers...

Aswell, I thought it was obvious I was pro-Sony? I do frequent the Sony Defense Force.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Guitar_Legend - Sep. 06, 2008

i haven't touched my xbox in almost 2 weeks besides listening to some music on the hard-drive.
boo.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Sep. 06, 2008

(Sep. 06, 2008  6:53 AM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: i haven't touched my xbox in almost 2 weeks besides listening to some music on the hard-drive.
boo.

I played Halo the other night and that was the first time I had turned mine on in like a week. lol

I'm just really burnt out on all the games I have right now. Can't wait until the 14th when Rock Band 2 comes out. I'll finally have something new and good to play, and then not long after that the carp holiday flood of amazing games starts.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Guitar_Legend - Sep. 06, 2008

(Sep. 06, 2008  6:54 AM)Roan Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2008  6:53 AM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: i haven't touched my xbox in almost 2 weeks besides listening to some music on the hard-drive.
boo.

I played Halo the other night and that was the first time I had turned mine on in like a week. lol

I'm just really burnt out on all the games I have right now. Can't wait until the 14th when Rock Band 2 comes out. I'll finally have something new and good to play, and then not long after that the carp holiday flood of amazing games starts.

feel the same way dude.
i can't even touch halo anymore.

personally i'm waiting for burnout DLC,
pretty sure that's coming soon.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Sep. 06, 2008

bug

Yeeesssss

Only like a week until RB2.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Spaceman - Sep. 07, 2008

w00t! My friend gave me a 1600 Points card so I got new songs :3

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Spaceman - Sep. 08, 2008

I want DisasterGrinay of Cirsis...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Sep. 08, 2008

(Sep. 08, 2008  5:58 AM)Roo Wrote: I want DisasterGrinay of Cirsis...

I don't even know what it is I've only ever heard the title.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Sep. 09, 2008

lol at 360 relaunch rumor, if that's true Microsoft just sprayed a lot of repellent to keep me away from buying a 360. Honestly, who'd buy 5 hours of G4 for an infomercial? If Sony were to pull that I'd no longer play console games.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Sep. 09, 2008

(Sep. 09, 2008  2:50 AM)Tao Wrote: lol at 360 relaunch rumor, if that's true Microsoft just sprayed a lot of repellent to keep me away from buying a 360. Honestly, who'd buy 5 hours of G4 for an infomercial? If Sony were to pull that I'd no longer play console games.

every time you post i feel like there's very important words missing that prevent me from understanding what the hell you're trying to say

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Sep. 09, 2008

(Sep. 09, 2008  2:50 AM)Tao Wrote: lol at 360 relaunch rumor, if that's true Microsoft just sprayed a lot of repellent to keep me away from buying a 360. Honestly, who'd buy 5 hours of G4 for an infomercial? If Sony were to pull that I'd no longer play console games.

Microsoft revealed the 360 on MTV.

I don't really see this rumor as being too far-fetched and I think you're just being an carp for no reason about this because you have some sort of fanboy vendetta against Microsoft.

Have you heard the things they are supposed to be announcing on this special? Some huge carp like an exclusive Assassin's Creed 2, Mass Effect 2 as well as some big DLC stuff with Halo 3 and GTA IV and two new Halo games. Not exactly light weight carp.

Given the rough image that the 360 has because of the RROD and other issues, I think a console "re-launch" is a great idea, especially now that the bugs have been ironed out in the latest batches of systems. Besides, do you really think it will be 5 hours long? Really? If there's any part of that rumor I don't believe its the length.

And as for everyone who I'm sure has no carp clue what we're talking about as Takao likes to be vague and cryptic:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/09/08/rumor-ms-planning-five-hour-long-new-xbox-experience-media-blit/

i found it on joystiq but thanks for attempting to make that make sense to me roan

(Sep. 09, 2008  3:06 AM)Roan Wrote:

I don't really see this rumor as being too far-fetched and I think you're just being an carp for no reason about this because you have some sort of fanboy vendetta against Microsoft.

Have you heard the things they are supposed to be announcing on this special? Some huge carp like an exclusive Assassin's Creed 2, Mass Effect 2 as well as some big DLC stuff with Halo 3 and GTA IV and two new Halo games. Not exactly light weight carp.

Given the rough image that the 360 has because of the RROD and other issues, I think a console "re-launch" is a great idea, especially now that the bugs have been ironed out in the latest batches of systems. Besides, do you really think it will be 5 hours long? Really? If there's any part of that rumor I don't believe its the length.

And as for everyone who I'm sure has no carp clue what we're talking about as Takao likes to be vague and cryptic:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/09/08/rumor-ms-planning-five-hour-long-new-xbox-experience-media-blit/

Different, MTV launch was more important because you know, that was the actual launch information for the system, and it was less then an hour, not the rumored 5.

And lol at the GTA IV, and Halo 3 stuff, that's like Nintendo saying there is more Mario and Zelda in the pipeline for the Wii, oh wait... I guess that date for the GTA IV stuff is important since it's been anticipated, but Halo, well I've shown my opinion towards shooters.

It just bugs me that they'd rather do this in some Private Event hosted by them, and only them. They said they wanted to increase their European exposure, so what do they do? Skip out on Leipigz(?) Games Convention. It's also lame that this is rumored to be days after TGS, although I suspect the Japanese don't give two flying Chocobo's rears about Halo, Assasin's Creed, and Western RPGs.

To be fair, I do expect Sony to do something similar (except probably not buying a channel for a bit) come February/March.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Spaceman - Sep. 09, 2008

(Sep. 09, 2008  3:06 AM)Roan Wrote:

Why? The first Assassin's Creed was horrible.

Opinions on Assassin's Creed are notoriously varied.

Personally I really liked the game. It was repetitious, sure, but overall it was a great game.

Tao or whatever the carp your name is now Wrote:Different, MTV launch was more important because you know, that was the actual launch information for the system, and it was less then an hour, not the rumored 5.

And lol at the GTA IV, and Halo 3 stuff, that's like Nintendo saying there is more Mario and Zelda in the pipeline for the Wii, oh wait... I guess that date for the GTA IV stuff is important since it's been anticipated, but Halo, well I've shown my opinion towards shooters.

And the announcement of an entirely new user interface isn't important? The announcement of additional episodes for a game that recently sold 10 million units and of which is exclusive to the console isn't important? Additional content for Halo 3, arguably the 360's flagship title, isn't important? As you pointed out, you are clearly biased against shooters, and if you ask me Microsoft/360 as a whole, so your opinion doesn't really amount to much. Get your carp head out of the clouds. If you think this TV spot is going to be 5 hours long you're carp insane and clinging to that part of the rumor simply because its something you can knock Microsoft with.

This is nothing like Nintendo announcing a new Mario or Zelda, because unlike Nintendo Microsoft is actually going to, you know, show people things, in detail, rather than just mention them in passing at one of the worst press conferences in recent industry history.

And despite your feelings about Assassin's Creed, there's no denying that it was a huge success at retail and securing an exclusive sequel to the game would be a huge deal for Microsoft because as we all know, businesses like to make money.

For the record, your little snide remarks about Microsoft "buying out" everything are really starting to grate on my nerves. It'd be different if they were just going out and making this TV special just to sit there and trumpet their own success and rest on their laurels, but they clearly aren't. They're going to be presenting the newly redesigned 360 user interface, as well as a slew of new games and content for existing games that people won't be able to find on other systems, as well as targeting said info at what they clearly know is their core demographic by doing so on G4TV.

How is this a bad move, in any sense?

Roan, it's a bad move because it makes Sony and Nintendo look bad. Obviously making competitors look bad is bad for you. I mean, it's not like the point of business is to promote yourself and make monies.

Didn't they present this 360 Dashboard announcement at E3?

They've only had the exclusive GTA IV content for like a year now (hey wait, I guess they pulled a Nintendo). I still laugh, I recognize Halo's importance to Microsoft, which is why it isn't a surprise to me that it's getting more stuff. I just find it a bit much to going to certain extremes to just do this. Yes, new games are the foundation of most consoles, but announcements like this kill off things like the X[insert year here] Events, E3, Games Convention, PAX, TGS and other events. But hey, I guess if it gets more eyeballs looking for an Xbox 360, good for them I guess.

(Sep. 09, 2008  3:46 AM)Tao Wrote: But hey, I guess if it gets more eyeballs looking for an Xbox 360, good for them I guess.

Congrats, that's the entire carp point.

Glad you at least comprehend that.

GUYS

BEYPEACE

(Sep. 09, 2008  4:09 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: GUYS

BEYPEACE

Please make a Beyblade/Peace sign hybrid and then turn it into a smilie macro.

(Sep. 09, 2008  3:50 AM)Roan Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2008  3:46 AM)Tao Wrote: But hey, I guess if it gets more eyeballs looking for an Xbox 360, good for them I guess.

Congrats, that's the entire carp point.

Glad you at least comprehend that.

Oh jeeze, I need to sleep, I read that as if Marik from Yu-Gi-Oh! was saying "Do you comprehend?". Damn you Little Kuriboh and your Christmas specials*shakes fist, literally*!!!
lol G4 denied the rumor. Worked up over nothing, so far...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Sep. 10, 2008

Damn you ear infection! If I wasn't at the doctor's for so long I could probably not got a 360 for $2.99 at Rogers Video (Terrific pricing error, for no one sadly).

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Sep. 10, 2008

(Sep. 10, 2008  1:18 AM)Tao Wrote: Damn you ear infection! If I wasn't at the doctor's for so long I could probably not got a 360 for $2.99 at Rogers Video (Terrific pricing error, for no one sadly).

Whaaat?