World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Spaceman - Aug. 30, 2008

(Aug. 30, 2008  8:16 AM)Takao Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2008  8:03 AM)Roo Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2008  3:50 AM)Takao Wrote: I want that Christan Guitar Hero knock off, it's gonna be banging rocking out with Jesus. Too bad I like killed the PC with the good video card.

Please don't support it. Not that I have any religious qualms with it, but it has Flyleaf in it and is going to be total carp. Srsly.

I actually enjoy some of the tracks on the track list but it fails for being on PC/Mac only. Christan rock can be cool, since being Christan doesn't mean you can't have talent, just means you can't say certain things.

I am Christan, but I definately am not a devoted one, ie. look at some of the games I play. Heck, I watch anime that is considered to be the work of the devil, no not some creepy pr0n, but rather Fullmetal Alchemist.

It's not the tracklist, I just hate clones of popular games(I'm looking at you< Frets on Fire...)

I was just playing rockband and I didn't want to sing Sabotage so I put the mic up to the TV and I got a 3 start on it. All I did was activate the overdrive for it and sing the last line because I thought it was about to fail. It was hilarity. It's even funnier to me sing I have the noise-canceling deluxe mic and it usually cancels out the sound of the TV when I'm near it.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Aug. 30, 2008

augh so many games i have to buy in the coming months

littlebigplanet, bioshock, cod5, wipeout hd, pro evolution soccer 2009, motorstorm 2, tales of symphonia 2 (i guess i neeed to import it since it's not coming to europe, carp)

ps kei there's a nhl 09 demo on playstation network

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kei - Aug. 31, 2008

(Aug. 30, 2008  9:18 PM)SK Wrote: augh so many games i have to buy in the coming months

tales of symphonia 2 (i guess i neeed to import it since it's not coming to europe, carp)

ps kei there's a nhl 09 demo on playstation network

I sympathize with you, man.

WHAT?! That is retarded. Are you sure it won't be released eventually?

Sweeet, I'll check it out later. Although, I did not enjoy NHL 08. Hopefully NHL 2K9 on Wii turns out to be good.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Elmo - Aug. 31, 2008

OH MY GOD, LITTLE BIG PLANET IS SO AWESOME.

It reminds me so much of Sonic, and there's so much stuff to customize. I'd get a PS3 JUST for this. That's how good and creative it is. You go through levels, working through puzzles. In some stages you have to decorate a wooden template correctly to move on. Sweeeeeet

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sega - Aug. 31, 2008

Man i am hooked on Multi Theft Auto for San Andreas, I really loved Multiplayer on GTAIV and was probably the only fun thing about GTAIV ( imo ), but getting to play what I think is the best GTA with other people online is awesome, give it a try if you guys have San Andreas, I think you can get it for Vice City aswell.

Link: http://mtavc.com/

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Aug. 31, 2008

Ugh I want to sell my Wii, DS Lite and PSP Slim (hacked).

Any takers?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Guitar_Legend - Aug. 31, 2008

Why you dumping the PSP?

(Aug. 31, 2008  7:18 AM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: Why you dumping the PSP?

I never use it and don't really have any interest in it at all anymore. I have other devices that do everything the PSP does only, you know, better.

Same goes for the DS and Wii.

Oh, and in case any of you are actually interested, I keep my carp in seriously like pristine condition. I can provide pictures and such if any of you really are thinking about it.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Guitar_Legend - Aug. 31, 2008

I've always wanted a PSP to be honest.
How much you want ? What games/accessories do you have ?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Spaceman - Aug. 31, 2008

lol, Roan's 200th PSP. How many times did you sell and rebuy that thing anyway?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sega - Aug. 31, 2008

(Aug. 31, 2008  7:36 AM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: I've always wanted a PSP to be honest.
How much you want ? What games/accessories do you have ?

Yeah i'd be interested too, Im currently looking for one so I can ditch my Phat PSP.

Its a silver PSP Slim running 4.01 M33-2 Custom Firmware. The screen doesn't have a single scratch on it since I've kept a static cling screen guard on it since the day I got it.

As far as games go I have Patapon, God of War: Chains of Olympus, and Daxter on UMD, as well as Space Invaders Extreme and LocoRoco installed on the 4 GB Memory Stick. I also have the Family Guy UMD that came bundled with the system, as well as a few SNES and GBA games installed on the memory stick.

I have a spare 1 GB Memory Stick as well that came with the system. I'd probably be willing to part with it all for like $150 + shipping or so, though I'm not sure about shipping outside of North America.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Sep. 01, 2008

Wow, Microsoft is really going to force Sony to either release a even more lame PS3 model, or slash prices.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - brandonk129 - Sep. 01, 2008

Good to be back guys. Jeez sonys got some lineup this fall eh? Socom, Little Big planet, Resistance 2 and those are just exclusvies! Mirrors edge was designed on the ps3 so its gonna be great also.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - mdhvdukshsj - Sep. 01, 2008

resistance 2 is the epitome of generic, LBP looks amazing for about a week, and socom is not the king of shooters

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Evan - Sep. 01, 2008

Little Big Planet looks likes carp Pinching_eyes

Seriously, a lackluster platformer that lets you make a character and levels? Wow, way to go Sony

i dont think its carp...just questioning its longevity

(Sep. 01, 2008  3:47 AM)Artie Wrote: resistance 2 is the epitome of generic, LBP looks amazing for about a week, and socom is not the king of shooters

All shooters look the same to me and therefore are all generic except one, I partially blame Unreal due to their whoring of their Engine. the one I'm talking about is Halo because that game is so freaking bright, so bright it reminds me of that banned Porygon episode of Pokemon.

And lol at the "amazing for a week", you really don't use the PSN a lot do you? I thought I would be using Singstar only at parties, but it seems like every two days I'm checking up on what the Singstar community has uploaded so I can laugh my carp off(sadly can't do this anymore). LittleBigPlanet is all about UGC, I dunno but I thought people used Youtube and flickr for more then a week.

I don't know about you, but I'll be making a heck of a lot of Machimina(sp?) when LBP is out, and hopefully Life With PlayStation is about out then so I can upload it to Youtube directly.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Sep. 01, 2008

(Sep. 01, 2008  4:12 AM)Takao Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2008  3:47 AM)Artie Wrote: resistance 2 is the epitome of generic, LBP looks amazing for about a week, and socom is not the king of shooters

All shooters look the same to me and therefore are all generic except one, I partially blame Unreal due to their whoring of their Engine. the one I'm talking about is Halo because that game is so freaking bright, so bright it reminds me of that banned Porygon episode of Pokemon.

And lol at the "amazing for a week", you really don't use the PSN a lot do you? I thought I would be using Singstar only at parties, but it seems like every two days I'm checking up on what the Singstar community has uploaded so I can laugh my carp off. LittleBigPlanet is all about UGC, I dunno but I thought people used Youtube and flickr for more then a week.

I think what he was getting at is that building your own levels in LBP is going to become stale quickly because it appears that levels can be very detailed, and that turning to downloadable UGC will only remedy that problem for so long.

I feel the same way. I think the game looks and sounds great on paper, I'm just not sure if its going to hold my interest for that long. It reminds me of The Forge in Halo 3 -- something you get really excited about before release and during the launch week and then something you gradually care less and less about. While I realize the level editor in LBP is MUCH more complex and detailed than The Forge in Halo 3, that doesn't change the fact its the same concept dressed up in a different package.

yes all shooters are generic because they all shoot GUNS. great conjecture, takao

also what you do online in your free time is your prerogative (btw what you just described sounds boring as hell), but i meant the actual creation aspect

Eh, fair enough, the level designer looks a little intimidating to me, as I don't think I'll be able to make a very good level due to a lack of patience, which is why I'll be relying on the PlayStation community for my level needs(I care more about LBP's platforming abilities, and the level editor in the same sense, I kind of want Sack-Boy to go through a Mario level), as there is always a community associated with that brand. Be it assholes, pirates, hackers, or very rarely, actual good people.

(Sep. 01, 2008  4:15 AM)Roan Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2008  4:12 AM)Takao Wrote:

And lol at the "amazing for a week", you really don't use the PSN a lot do you? I thought I would be using Singstar only at parties, but it seems like every two days I'm checking up on what the Singstar community has uploaded so I can laugh my carp off. LittleBigPlanet is all about UGC, I dunno but I thought people used Youtube and flickr for more then a week.

I think what he was getting at is that building your own levels in LBP is going to become stale quickly because it appears that levels can be very detailed, and that turning to downloadable UGC will only remedy that problem for so long.

I feel the same way. I think the game looks and sounds great on paper, I'm just not sure if its going to hold my interest for that long. It reminds me of The Forge in Halo 3 -- something you get really excited about before release and during the launch week and then something you gradually care less and less about. While I realize the level editor in LBP is MUCH more complex and detailed than The Forge in Halo 3, that doesn't change the fact its the same concept dressed up in a different package.

i actually agree. lbp looks OMG GOTY for the first week, then it loses its touch just after repetitive play. still looks great and original however.

when you say shooter, all of them are well, shooters all revolving around the same concept. to shoot! its up to the game to deliver something new. gears is respectable for that, the cover system, and a great tps, only a few of those out there such as socom.

also about killzone 2 and blues post, i think killzone is fps defining. i say its the next cod4 and will set standards. the graphics are just so advanced, that when you turn, it blurs according to how fast you turn, and the dust particles and lighting are just beautiful to look at. neogaf has a thread with a bunch of .gifs. which are so beautiful .

GOTY 09 nominees: Resident evil 5, final fantasy 13, ff versus, killzone 2, god of war 3 ( if it makes it), infamous, heavy rain. all contenders, oh and cant forget the psp kingdom hearts game.

remember the best 5 game of all time
1. Kingdom Hearts
2. Kingdom Hearts 2
3. Kingdom Hearts CoM
4. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days
5. Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Sep. 01, 2008

(Sep. 01, 2008  5:03 AM)brandonk129 Wrote: 4. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days
5. Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep

these games aren't even out yet

yeah but regardless they have kingdom hearts in their title. so they qualify. lol. yeah obviously the list is biased but it is kingdom hearts. anyways i think both kh games look good. kh ds is bringing the first kh multiplayer of all time, epic. omg brad can you imagine if you can coop with wifi? me , you, lou, and mr. x can all play together! i got dibs on demyx!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Sep. 01, 2008

carp I NEED Mirror's Edge.