World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Aug. 04, 2008

(Aug. 04, 2008  10:44 PM)brandonk the man Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2008  5:35 PM)Roan Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2008  10:54 PM)SK Wrote:
Kei Wrote:oh my god, brandonk sent me a friend request on my PS3.

that means he is still viewing these forums

he did with me too when i first got ps3, i actually played cod4 with him a few times lol, but then i deleted everyone i didn't know irl from my list

He sent me another one.

I put him on my Block list.

And about COD, as long as they can keep the series at the level of quality 4 was at, I don't care how often they release new games.

Roan, im trying to start on a clean slate! you cant just add me! whats the big deal, what can i possibly do to make yo0u not add me? i mean you could simply add me and just leave it at that. i mean i hope your not scared to add me, because its my favorite console? that sounds rediculous. why wont you add me? Silver Kane stated im completely normal, and friendly when playing online. so whats the risk? what can i possibly do on your friends list? i hope its not that fact that i have 2 accounts 55 gold cross, whith all gold guns. silver kane actualyy played w/ me on my rise to tenth prestige. im trying to start fresh here, i would appreciate you adding me to help me in doing so. thanks alot!

The reason I'm not adding you is because I don't like you.

I thought my reply to your Friend Request made that clear enough, but apparently not.

I don't care whether you come back to Beywiki or not, that's fine. But I'm not obligated to accept your friend request, especially since I would probably never play with you anyhow.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - trueblader - Aug. 04, 2008

(Aug. 04, 2008  10:19 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2008  9:53 PM)trueblader Wrote: I know it may be waaaaaayyyyyyyy to early to say this (and i hope i don't sound lame saying it) but i think if nintendo carries pokemon into a fifth generation i really think the names should not be based on colors or rocks. i would propse something like Pokemon Spirit and Pokemon Soul.

Andrew

does the face mean it is a good idea or bad. Gasp i can't really tell. andrew's face always freaked me out anyway.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - brandonk129 - Aug. 04, 2008

(Aug. 04, 2008  10:47 PM)Roan Wrote:

he did with me too when i first got ps3, i actually played cod4 with him a few times lol, but then i deleted everyone i didn't know irl from my list

He sent me another one.

And about COD, as long as they can keep the series at the level of quality 4 was at, I don't care how often they release new games.

Roan, im trying to start on a clean slate! you cant just add me! whats the big deal, what can i possibly do to make yo0u not add me? i mean you could simply add me and just leave it at that. i mean i hope your not scared to add me, because its my favorite console? that sounds rediculous. why wont you add me? Silver Kane stated im completely normal, and friendly when playing online. so whats the risk? what can i possibly do on your friends list? i hope its not that fact that i have 2 accounts 55 gold cross, whith all gold guns. silver kane actualyy played w/ me on my rise to tenth prestige. im trying to start fresh here, i would appreciate you adding me to help me in doing so. thanks alot!

I thought my reply to your Friend Request made that clear enough, but apparently not.

I don't care whether you come back to Beywiki or not, that's fine. But I'm not obligated to accept your friend request, especially since I would probably never play with you anyhow.

Whats with the hate? cant you give me a second chance? srsly whats wrong with me that you cant just click OKAY to accept friend request? or is it that you dont want to add me because PS3 is my turf and you dont wanna lose to me and have to think about that? whats the big deal, add me, fellow beyblader. who said you haveve to like ppl on your friends list. add me for one day. just to see how harmless clicking okay is.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Aug. 04, 2008

(Aug. 04, 2008  11:09 PM)brandonk the man Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2008  10:47 PM)Roan Wrote:

He sent me another one.

Whats with the hate? cant you give me a second chance? srsly whats wrong with me that you cant just click OKAY to accept friend request? or is it that you dont want to add me because PS3 is my turf and you dont wanna lose to me and have to think about that? whats the big deal, add me, fellow beyblader. who said you haveve to like ppl on your friends list. add me for one day. just to see how harmless clicking okay is.

HAHAHAHA

Are you serious?

brandonk the man Wrote:Whats with the hate? cant you give me a second chance? srsly whats wrong with me that you cant just click OKAY to accept friend request?

Oh I dunno. Maybe all of the awful things you said about me and called me here: http://forums.beywiki.com/beywiki-roast-featuring-everyones-favorite-t-1274.html

brandonk the man Wrote:or is it that you dont want to add me because PS3 is my turf and you dont wanna lose to me and have to think about that?

No, the reason I don't want to add you is because you are an elitist prick, as you clearly just demonstrated for all of us. I couldn't care less about losing to you in a game. If you think that matters anywhere then I think you need to reexamine your life.

brandonk the man Wrote:who said you haveve to like ppl on your friends list.

What? The whole purpose of a Friends List is to add people who are, you know, your friends. You are not my friend. I do not like you, so why on Earth would I want to add you to my friends list?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - trueblader - Aug. 05, 2008

Um............ ok.....

the story for Pokemon Spirit and Soul would be darker in tone. In the pokemon world something has caused hundreds of millions of pokemon to die and it is your main character that is trying to go and find out why. you are not a pokemon ranger but run into several on your journey. Gym leaders would be in the game also trying to find out what happened. the deaths have not just happened in the new region ( i don't have a name for it yet) but all over the pokemon world. your adventures will take you to all the previous regions unlocking more of the story as you go along. your partner pokemon would not be a starter given to you by a pokemon professor, but a whole new one of a kind pokemon that may have something to do with why so many pokemon are just dying.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Aug. 05, 2008

That sounds like poorly written fan fiction.

Just sayin'. :\

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Aug. 05, 2008

Why would you want to kill hundreds of millions of Pokemon in a series for children?

I'm just trying to mix it up a little y'know, something fresh.
(Aug. 05, 2008  3:11 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Why would you want to kill hundreds of millions of Pokemon in a series for children?

your not the one killing the pokemon, something else is. you are trying to find out why so many pokemon are dying. and this would be for older more mature players.

(Aug. 05, 2008  3:12 AM)trueblader Wrote: your not the one killing the pokemon, something else is. you are trying to find out why so many pokemon are dying. and this would be for older more mature players.

Randomly killing off a bunch of creatures for no real reason other than "IT'S MORE DARK AND MATURE THIS WAY" is about as immature as it gets. Pokemon is supposed to be for younger kids, this is a silly idea.

I could see MAYBE a few HUNDRED Pokemon dying due to an illness being worked into the story. But it's too dark for this series to have a widespread plague like you're talking about.

Ok, i agree it may be too dark for a kids series, but it would be better than another, become the best pokemon trainer in the world. all the games have basically begun and ended the same since the games conception almost 12 years ago now.

(Aug. 05, 2008  3:18 AM)trueblader Wrote: Ok, i agree it may be too dark for a kids series, but it would be better than another, become the best pokemon trainer in the world. all the games have basically begun and ended the same since the games conception almost 12 years ago now.

He has a point here.

But that doesn't mean your idea for a new story is any better. lol

well, What could they do so that the story was not like the first four generations but not dark like the idea i came up with.

There are a lot of things they could do.

Maybe they could put you in a new region of the Pokemon universe where the rules are different than the standard 8 badges, elite 4 win formula.

Maybe it could be something similar to the Orange Islands arc in the anime.

Or maybe they could do something radically different and have you play as a gym leader or as a member of the elite 4, chronicling your journey up through the ranks to get to the position you are at now.

Pokemon isn't really a violent series, so adding in gratuitous violence isn't going to do anything to move the series forward.

(Aug. 05, 2008  3:40 AM)Roan Wrote: There are a lot of things they could do.

Maybe they could put you in a new region of the Pokemon universe where the rules are different than the standard 8 badges, elite 4 win formula.

Or maybe they could do something radically different and have you play as a gym leader or as a member of the elite 4, chronicling your journey up through the ranks to get to the position you are at now.

Pokemon isn't really a violent series, so adding in gratuitous violence isn't going to do anything to move the series forward.

i guess your are right. i like the departure from eight badges, and elite four. mbye they could hve you trying to earn enough reputation to enter a ranked tournament ( sort of like the one's ash enters near or at the end of a region) instead of the elite four.

There are also a lot of things they could do within the existing game play framework to help breathe new life into the game.

For instance, since the main series of games has moved to DS now, they could add in more functionality for the touch screen. I was thinking maybe using the touch screen to capture pokemon. So you would maybe flick the stylus to throw a pokeball and then maybe rub the pokeball or draw circles around it to help catch the pokemon or something like that.

The DS also has a microphone and WiFi, so there are a lot of possibilities there. Its not that Nintendo doesn't have anything with which to innovate on the series, its that they are far too conservative with it and don't want to change the formula for fear of scaring off casual players. See: Diamond and Pearl. Sure they added in some things hardcore gamers have been clamoring for (namely WiFi battling/trading) but overall its still the same damn game as the ones that came before it.

that,s my point exactly. there is almost no differnce bewen pokemon red and blue and pokemon diamond and pearl.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kei - Aug. 05, 2008

(Aug. 05, 2008  4:01 AM)trueblader Wrote: that,s my point exactly. there is almost no differnce bewen pokemon red and blue and pokemon diamond and pearl.
I wouldn't say "almost no difference", but conceptually, not at all.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sam - Aug. 05, 2008

(Aug. 05, 2008  3:40 AM)Roan Wrote: There are a lot of things they could do.

[Image: pokemon%20ranger_qjpreviewth.jpg]

get out

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Aug. 05, 2008

If anything, I want Pokemon to get rid of the ridiculous effort value point system and breeding for IV thing and let me locate and relocate them where I want.

That way I will not spend weeks trying to get one pokemon ugh

(Aug. 05, 2008  4:28 AM)bugturtles Wrote: If anything, I want Pokemon to get rid of the ridiculous effort value point system and breeding for IV thing and let me locate and relocate them where I want.

That way I will not spend weeks trying to get one pokemon ugh

Yeah, this desperately needs to happen.

this bug still sucks

(Aug. 05, 2008  4:50 AM)Sam Wrote: this bug still sucks

Still!?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Guitar_Legend - Aug. 05, 2008

carp team doubles
playing three matches in a row where your teammate leaves carp blows
went down to 30 now (and my two wins don't even raise my rank, bull)

(Aug. 05, 2008  5:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2008  4:50 AM)Sam Wrote: this bug still sucks

Still!?
DJ - Sad. yes