World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jul. 30, 2008

Kei Wrote:Dino Run!

Lol, funky little game I just found. Basically, you are a dinosaur who is facing the end of the world and you can either do nothing and die a horrible death, or keep chugging along the path, collecting eggs to preserve your species.

this is the most depressing game i have ever played

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kei - Jul. 30, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:
Kei Wrote:Dino Run!

Lol, funky little game I just found. Basically, you are a dinosaur who is facing the end of the world and you can either do nothing and die a horrible death, or keep chugging along the path, collecting eggs to preserve your species.

this is the most depressing game i have ever played
Well, I guess you've never played Pas.. Hmm, maybe I shouldn't mention it...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jul. 30, 2008

what

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kei - Jul. 31, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:what
Passage

One of the saddest "games" I've ever played. Or maybe realistic would be a better word.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Tototototototo - Jul. 31, 2008

that was the worst game ever

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Blue - Jul. 31, 2008

funny I think I was looking at Gaf and they were disscussing video games as art, that game came up hahaha
still I know I wouldn't play it.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Tototototototo - Aug. 01, 2008

it was really sad but also it was kind of dumb

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kei - Aug. 01, 2008

I sold Pokémon Battle Revolution today for $20. Yay.

also, Toto, Passage is not dumb. Unhappy

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Tototototototo - Aug. 01, 2008

Kei Wrote:also, Toto, Passage is not dumb. Unhappy
I wasn't being serious there. I really like what the creator set out to do, and the climax definitely was heartwrenching. Once I realized that the characters were aging, I was wondering who would die first. I liked it a lot, truth be told.

i just don't like collecting treasure chests

Mr. Toto Wrote:
Kei Wrote:also, Toto, Passage is not dumb. Unhappy
I wasn't being serious there. I really like what the creator set out to do, and the climax definitely was heartwrenching. Once I realized that the characters were aging, I was wondering who would die first. I liked it a lot, truth be told.

i just don't like collecting treasure chests
Oh, thats good then!

you can keep walking straight if you want to (that is what I ended up doing the first time because I didn't know you could walk in different directions).

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Aug. 01, 2008

I really want to buy Soul Calibur IV but I'm torn between the two versions.

The 360 version has Achievements and better online where more of my friends are, but also has a broken character (Yoda), a carp D-pad and slightly longer load times.

The PS3 version has a much better d-pad, a better character (Vader), and the option to install the game to the HDD, but also carp online where I have no friends to play with and no trophies.

I honestly do not know which one to get. I'm thinking about just saying carp it and buying 4,000 MS Points instead to use for Rock Band tracks and all of the awesome XBLA games coming out in the next couple of weeks (Braid, Galaga and Castle Crashers, namely).

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Guitar_Legend - Aug. 01, 2008

I'd go for 360, for online
that game can get stale if you don't have people to play it with
and achievements are nice to boot

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SexyMichael - Aug. 01, 2008

They don't force you to use the d-pad do they?

The stick works great with the whole 8 way run system. And SC isn't a game that relies on heavy direction input for moves. You won't see 6 2 4 2 6 H V in your move list anywhere, you'll see 4 HH or something of the like.

Personally, I would say PS3 just because I don't really have anybody to play with online, but don't let that influence your decision lol. Though, the online isn't as bad for PS3 as you're making it sound.

Since you have more friends on the 360 though, get it for that. I bet you that Namco Bandai will release Darth Vader/Yoda as DLC soon anyways.

Kei Wrote:Personally, I would say PS3 just because I don't really have anybody to play with online, but don't let that influence your decision lol. Though, the online isn't as bad for PS3 as you're making it sound.

Since you have more friends on the 360 though, get it for that. I bet you that Namco Bandai will release Darth Vader/Yoda as DLC soon anyways.

Well its not that I think the PS3's online is bad, I was more referring to the fact that I'd have no one but random strangers who are likely wayyyy better than me to play with. lol

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Aug. 01, 2008

360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360

hahahaha

Yeah that's what I was leaning towards.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - mdhvdukshsj - Aug. 01, 2008

ps3 online sucks balls

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Aug. 01, 2008

You only say it sucks because you need more friends with PS3s. For me, that's not much of a problem because 1) I don't play Online, and 2) many of my friends have a PS3.

911 Wrote:You only say it sucks because you need more friends with PS3s. For me, that's not much of a problem because 1) I don't play Online, and 2) many of my friends have a PS3.

Actually no, I didn't say it sucks because I need more friends online. I say it sucks because it does suck in comparison to Xbox Live. PSN pales in comparison, and it's only going to further that gap come this Fall's Live update.

Don't put words in my mouth.

911 Wrote:You only say it sucks because you need more friends with PS3s. For me, that's not much of a problem because 1) I don't play Online, and 2) many of my friends have a PS3.

We also say it sucks because its a clunky and cumbersome system.

More often than not you have to have added your friends twice, once for the PSN and then again for every game you have online. There is no private chat, which is more or less a must for Artie and myself, and you can't even send voice messages.

So yeah. PS3 online has more than its fair share of problems.

this is how i realized you were takao

I don't have any problems with the PS3's online capabilities. For what it does, it does well. I am just a few clicks away from battling some dude (or a friend) online in SCIV and that is good enough for me. I don't believe you have to add a friend twice on PS3 games, or at least for the ones I own. Also, there is voice chat in and out of battle in SCIV.

Some of the things Roan stated are valid concerns however, and XBL is a million times better judging from the time I've spent with it.

Ryan and I use private chat every single time we go on Live. PSN does not have in game private chat (plus we couldnt even get it working when we were in the room thing). That little oversight makes PSN almost unusable for us.

Kei Wrote:I don't have any problems with the PS3's online capabilities. For what it does, it does well. I am just a few clicks away from battling some dude (or a friend) online in SCIV and that is good enough for me. I don't believe you have to add a friend twice on PS3 games, or at least for the ones I own. Also, there is voice chat in and out of battle in SCIV.

Some of the things Roan stated are valid concerns however, and XBL is a million times better judging from the time I've spent with it.

you're going to love wiispeak