World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - mdhvdukshsj - Jul. 23, 2008

yo i b tlkn bout mah hotttt gfxxx brah

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sam - Jul. 23, 2008

yeah i noticed after you posted

and someone explain to me how smeargle's sketch attack would look in the anime

i dont get it

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - mdhvdukshsj - Jul. 23, 2008

Sam Wrote:and someone explain to me how smeargle's sketch attack would look in the anime

i dont get it

whenever i think of that pokemon i imagine smegma lol

aw carp after you said that now i do too

i cant believe youve done this

Unhappy

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Jul. 24, 2008

Honestly I don't think Versus XIII is going to be an RPG.

It looks way more action oriented to me. Who knows, this could be Square's answer to DMC/Ninja Gaiden.

Personally, I think Square has the style and talent to put both of those games to shame in the action genre. I really hope this is what Vs. XIII turns out to be.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sam - Jul. 24, 2008

i thought regular xiii was going to be very action rpgish

It is, but what I'm saying is that I think Vs. XIII will probably drop the RPG elements altogether and that I'm hoping it does. Or at least the RPG elements will be taking the backseat to the action.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jul. 24, 2008

I just hope it's better than the very action oriented shooterish Dirge Of Cerberus.

Takao Wrote:I just hope it's better than the very action oriented shooterish Dirge Of Cerberus.

I get the feeling its going to be very similar to how Crisis Core worked.

I hope so.

So you mean an Action RPG with random level ups? I really didn't like the random level ups Unhappy

Takao Wrote:So you mean an Action RPG with random level ups? I really didn't like the random level ups Unhappy

The random level ups I have no idea, but I am fairly certain that Vs. XIII is going to be much more action oriented than previous games in the series.

Or at least, that's what all of the various trailers suggest.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jul. 24, 2008

wait random level ups, what

While doing battle there is this slot machine in the H.U.D., when three of the slots match up (Which in Crisis Core are characters you've encountered in the game), it enters a cut-scene that shows a flashback and then Zack gets leveled up (attack stats go up, etc). After this level up he gets a cutscene attack. This is the only way to level up in the game IIRC.

Bey Brad Wrote:wait random level ups, what

Yeah, there are random level ups in Crisis Core.

There's this thing called the DMW (Digital Mind Wave), that is basically like a slot machine. While you're in a battle 3 reels spin the faces of different characters, summons and numbers 1-9. The reels randomly stop and depending on what matches you make, you get bonuses in battle such as increased Attack/Defense or you can get a Summon Power, or if you land on all 7's, you level up.

The game's difficulty scales relative to your level though, so you never really have to grind levels. I honestly really liked the DMW, thought it added a lot to the battles.

Man carp you guys, now I want to play this game again. I've gotta hound my friend to give me my copy back that I let her borrow like months ago.

It's a cool game. Playing it makes me want Dissidia (Different Genre, it's a fighter, but it's FF, though like no Cloud, or Zack...yet), and KH: Birth by Sleep, sooner. But alas, they're most definately Q2-Q3 2009 releases in North America though.

I am admittedly NOT a Final Fantasy fan (outside of the FF7 lore/universe), but Crisis Core was really fun. It kept me interested all the way through the game.

KH PSP looks pretty cool. Dissidia, however, looks like carp. Just sayin'.

Well, it has time to change your opinion. And it won't really matter if it is carp, the game will sell tonnes simply because of the name, and that it's on Japan's newest best friend, the PSP.

God Damned it Sony, I want my Legend of Dragoon 2.

I have the new DS remake of FFIV in my GameFly queue. I could just play the SNES/GBA version, but I'm a graphics carp and would rather play the DS version even though I've heard its WAYYYY harder.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sam - Jul. 24, 2008

Roan Wrote:I am admittedly NOT a Final Fantasy fan (outside of the FF7 lore/universe), but Crisis Core was really fun. It kept me interested all the way through the game.

Serious

btw beat the first section in the time temple thing in phantom hourglass

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sega - Jul. 24, 2008

Liu Kang's confirmed for MK vs DC Universe Pinching_eyes_2

So far all the MK Characters confirmed are from the First Mortal Kombat, i doubt they'll use any others after MK2-MK3

Anyways the games looking really impressive, they've ditched the Armageddon gameplay in favor of like Ultimate MK3 gameplay but a bit slower, the freefall thing looks awesome but not really liking the close combat thing, just seems stupid and pointless.

Sam Wrote:
Roan Wrote:I am admittedly NOT a Final Fantasy fan (outside of the FF7 lore/universe), but Crisis Core was really fun. It kept me interested all the way through the game.

Serious

What?

I've at least tried all of the FF's from VII through XI, and VII is the only one I've really gotten into. :\

Also hahahahhaha carp Tecmo is screwed

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/24/itagaki-unloads-evidence-raises-damages-claim/

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - KoD PT - Jul. 24, 2008

Guitar_Legend Wrote:I went from max skill 14 to 25 in team doubles today
Sad thing was 50% of the time the other team would quit when i started dominating
Only lost like 3 games and 2 of those were because my teammate was carp dumb and would rush the enemy every time.

And it won't let me play team swat because it says I don't have the required maps,
yet I have both map packs + Cold Storage
What gives?
That happens sometimes. Go into another playlist, then comeback. Alternatively, go into Custom games and choose one of the dlc maps to play in. Once you're done, go back to the dlc required playlists. Should work.
Also, congrats on your 25 Smile

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Tototototototo - Jul. 24, 2008

Roan Wrote:
Sam Wrote:

Serious

What?

I've at least tried all of the FF's from VII through XI, and VII is the only one I've really gotten into. :\
Final Fantasy XII is one of the best ones, give that a try. Square Enix really succeeded in this one in creating an actual world. There's so much detail to what goes on in Ivalice, it's astounding.