World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Nov. 06, 2015

I like Doom and Wolfenstein for starters, I also like Duke Nukem 3D for FPS.

You know what I also like? Duke Nukem Forever! The PC version is the best version as for me, it loaded quickest, less bugs and I find the controls better. Duke himself is an awesome character with a great personality.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Meta madness - Nov. 06, 2015

(Nov. 06, 2015  8:34 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I like Doom and Wolfenstein for starters, I also like Duke Nukem 3D for FPS.

You know what I also like? Duke Nukem Forever! The PC version is the best version as for me, it loaded quickest, less bugs and I find the controls better. Duke himself is an awesome character with a great personality.

Ya know, this is a new one that i came across.... May I ask why you're interested in that game ya know...besides the following which is enough to really get anyone into it...Well for PC.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Neo - Nov. 06, 2015

Because anyone could like Duke Nukem; he's a family friendly character!

@[Meta madness], many reasons why I like it and why some of the complaints are really really stupid. Critics say it lacks technical sophistication even though the world has many interactive things, the gameplay is very fun and the enemies are challenging and fun, people complain about the basic AI even though they're aliens who are trying to kill you, what else are they suppose to do? Ballerina? I think the visuals are fine as well, they seem on par with it's time. People also hate Dukes personality even though it's HIS character, it's better than having silent boring CoD soldiers, I find him hilarious. The controls are fine, I think for the load times and bugs, it's usually the console ports, which is the fault of the people porting it. The PC version is free of bugs but I never ran into them as much, though I remember punching a guy and his neck stretched which I couldn't help but laugh. Another complaint is that it didn't reinvent anything even though they praise CoD which is a copy and paste series.

There's also the sexism reason but I won't get into that much because I don't think it's allowed but all I can say is that Mario games could be seen to be worse in that, and I don't think it has a hateful view towards any gender.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Nov. 06, 2015

(Nov. 06, 2015  10:10 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: There's also the sexism reason but I won't get into that much because I don't think it's allowed but all I can say is that Mario games could be seen to be worse in that, and I don't think it has a hateful view towards any gender.

Wait, this post is about Duke Nukem, right? Come onnnn ...

(Nov. 06, 2015  10:13 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:10 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: There's also the sexism reason but I won't get into that much because I don't think it's allowed but all I can say is that Mario games could be seen to be worse in that, and I don't think it has a hateful view towards any gender.

Wait, this post is about Duke Nukem, right? Come onnnn ...

Don't worry, I won't go into it, unless someone PM's me.

one cannot mix Mario with Nukem, that's like mixing Zelda with Cod, there is a limit to comparing one thing to another and that is some mix up...

(Nov. 06, 2015  10:15 PM)Meta madness Wrote: one cannot mix Mario with Nukem, that's like mixing Zelda with Cod, there is a limit to comparing one thing to another and that is some mix up...

Yeah I know that, and Mario isn't the same demographic, but I still had to bring that out there, I'd explain why but I probably can't talk about it here.

I should have said that critics may as well complain about Mario.

(Nov. 06, 2015  10:19 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:15 PM)Meta madness Wrote: one cannot mix Mario with Nukem, that's like mixing Zelda with Cod, there is a limit to comparing one thing to another and that is some mix up...

Yeah I know that, and Mario isn't the same demographic, but I still had to bring that out there, I'd explain why but I probably can't talk about it here.

Well we all can complain about games, there is no problem with that, freedom of opinion is what truly matters...unless there is facts in front of it... So go on ahead and spill that mario talk, then we can trash sanic afterwards!

(Nov. 06, 2015  10:21 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:19 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:

Well we all can complain about games, there is no problem with that, freedom of opinion is what truly matters...unless there is facts in front of it... So go on ahead and spill that mario talk, then we can trash sanic afterwards!

I would, but if I talk about it, I'm going to get mods all over me.

I personally have nothing against Mario, I do like Mario (though I prefer Sonic), since Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros 3 were some of my favourite games, it's more of me talking about the critics complaints.

(Nov. 06, 2015  10:25 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:21 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:19 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Yeah I know that, and Mario isn't the same demographic, but I still had to bring that out there, I'd explain why but I probably can't talk about it here.

I personally have nothing against Mario, I do like Mario (though I prefer Sonic), since Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros 3 were some of my favourite games, it's more of me talking about the critics complaints.
Pfft, I don't believe that!

Speaking of that I need to get back on my A game err anyway!

Will you be as deep as somecallmejohnny or will you be trying your best but whitewashing it as the avgn? Just when it comes to mario games, these 2 take the cake for the series of games when it comes to Mario...

(Nov. 06, 2015  10:30 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:25 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:21 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Well we all can complain about games, there is no problem with that, freedom of opinion is what truly matters...unless there is facts in front of it... So go on ahead and spill that mario talk, then we can trash sanic afterwards!

Will you be as deep as somecallmejohnny or will you be trying your best but whitewashing it as the avgn? Just when it comes to mario games, these 2 take the cake for the series of games when it comes to Mario...
I made a post on Random Thoughts 5 and I was told not to do it.

I really don't get the question.

(Nov. 06, 2015  10:36 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:30 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:25 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I would, but if I talk about it, I'm going to get mods all over me.

Hmm, guess they didn't want you to get rekt by opinions well...Better safe then sorry.

Oh, you probably have never heard of Somecallmejohnny so the question probably went over your head, he's well known for game commentary (SGB and BSC) and one for reviewing Sonic and Mario games in marathon reviews. Ususally seen as the go to guy for reviews on Mario games and what not. As for AVGN, I know you heard of him so, it comes down to which one has the more of a perspective on a Mario game and which one will be the most detailed about it.

(Nov. 06, 2015  10:45 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:36 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:30 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Pfft, I don't believe that!

Hmm, guess they didn't want you to get rekt by opinions well...Better safe then sorry.

Oh, you probably have never heard of Somecallmejohnny so the question probably went over your head, he's well known for game commentary (SGB and BSC) and one for reviewing Sonic and Mario games in marathon reviews. Ususally seen as the go to guy for reviews on Mario games and what not. As for AVGN, I know you heard of him so, it comes down to which one has the more of a perspective on a Mario game and which one will be the most detailed about it.

No, I know who Somecallmejohnny is, the question I just didn't understand. But if you're referring to who reviews Mario games better, definitely Somecallmejohnny as the AVGN "reviews" are usually more for entertainment, though he can be informative.

(Nov. 06, 2015  10:48 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:45 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:36 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I made a post on Random Thoughts 5 and I was told not to do it.

No, I know who Somecallmejohnny is, the question I just didn't understand. But if you're referring to who reviews Mario games better, definitely Somecallmejohnny as the AVGN "reviews" are usually more for entertainment, though he can be informative.

AVGN was informative his first 40 episodes at least in my opinion (aced a history test because of the atari ....p...the one with Cluster, never knew about that....) though yes. Johnny is the superior game informer!

(Nov. 06, 2015  10:55 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:48 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:45 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Hmm, guess they didn't want you to get rekt by opinions well...Better safe then sorry.

AVGN was informative his first 40 episodes at least in my opinion (aced a history test because of the atari ....p...the one with Cluster, never knew about that....) though yes. Johnny is the superior game informer!

He was pretty informative in his own right, I think he's mainly for entertainment which there's nothing wrong with, they're both still cool reviewers and I like them both as much.

I think Johnny's the better reviewer and AVGN is funnier though Johnny can be funny and AVGN can be informative.

I was fascinated in his Swordquest review that's for sure.

(Nov. 06, 2015  10:59 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:55 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:48 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: No, I know who Somecallmejohnny is, the question I just didn't understand. But if you're referring to who reviews Mario games better, definitely Somecallmejohnny as the AVGN "reviews" are usually more for entertainment, though he can be informative.

He was pretty informative in his own right, I think he's mainly for entertainment which there's nothing wrong with, they're both still cool reviewers and I like them both as much.

I think Johnny's the better reviewer and AVGN is funnier though Johnny can be funny and AVGN can be informative.

Tell me about it, early days of gaming was something else for so many reasons. back in the day you won treasure and man, your gaming skills had some value if you were able to get those prizes!

today all you get is free dlc...pfft, I want that golden sword!

(Nov. 06, 2015  11:03 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:59 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:55 PM)Meta madness Wrote: AVGN was informative his first 40 episodes at least in my opinion (aced a history test because of the atari ....p...the one with Cluster, never knew about that....) though yes. Johnny is the superior game informer!

Tell me about it, early days of gaming was something else for so many reasons. back in the day you won treasure and man, your gaming skills had some value if you were able to get those prizes!

I want the Earthworld prize, sadly the winner apparently melted most of it which he got LESS than half it's value for it.

(Nov. 06, 2015  11:08 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  11:03 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  10:59 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: He was pretty informative in his own right, I think he's mainly for entertainment which there's nothing wrong with, they're both still cool reviewers and I like them both as much.

I want the Earthworld prize, sadly the winner apparently melted most of it which he got LESS than half it's value for it.

People today if he didn't melt it, could've got more than Twice it's original value, that's a historic piece of gaming history!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Nov. 06, 2015

I want the sword. And an Atari Jacket.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

(Nov. 06, 2015  11:17 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: I want the sword. And an Atari Jacket.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Another thing I want from that picture is his couch Smug

lol I'm dying at that picture.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Nov. 07, 2015

(Nov. 06, 2015  11:20 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Another thing I want from that picture is his couch Smug

And the Guitar Guy's skeleton behind it ?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Meta madness - Nov. 07, 2015

(Nov. 07, 2015  2:48 AM)MissingNo. Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2015  11:20 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Another thing I want from that picture is his couch Smug

And the Guitar Guy's skeleton behind it ?

to bad he died after playing battle toads Wink

Foreshadowing~

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Nov. 07, 2015

But the Nerd used a cheat code to bring him to life !