World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Sep. 27, 2015

But the Nintendo 64 cable should definitely work on flat-screen televisions that are more optimal for the HDMI-era consoles, right ?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Sep. 27, 2015

Yeah, the Nintendo 64 works perfectly on modern TVs with the ''yellow-red-white plugs''.

You have this cable, right ?

[Image: yhst-37444749384866_2146_101357372__59939_zoom.jpg]

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Sep. 27, 2015

Exactly hahah. OK then, we will try purchasing a new RCA cable, hopefully that fixes the display and audio issues.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Sep. 27, 2015

The third-party cables from china works OK, but the video/sound quality is just not as good as the official cables from Nintendo.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - DranzerX13 - Sep. 27, 2015

Apparently video game VA's here in the US/Canada are on strike.
http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/sag-aftra-videogame-voice-actors-strike-vote-1201600737/

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Sep. 28, 2015

(Sep. 27, 2015  8:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote: We definitely tried all configurations, pushing as far as possible, loosening them, etc.

Push it in all the way, and then pull up on the cartridge a little. The Nintendo 64 had a problem where the cartridge could go into the slot further than where the pins could read it. I have this problem all the time.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Neo - Sep. 29, 2015

(Sep. 27, 2015  7:26 PM)Kai-V Wrote: So our Nintendo 64 turns on but does not display anything seemingly on any of our televisions, but they are all flat screens with HDMI ports as well. However, even screens with normal yellow-red-white plugs do not display the games. We tried a converter that is actually meant for big old televisions and of course it did not work either.

Do you think the problem is in our cable, our console, or we need an RCA to HDMI converter ? Or both the first and the third options ?

You shouldn't use RCA to HDMI.
It still looks like carp, and it's just slightly upscaled.
The N64, unfortunately, only outputs in RCA. It can be, however, modded to use RGB SCART. That mod will disable the use of RCA (not that you'd want to use it anyways) but vastly improves video output with a SCART to HDMI converter.

(Sep. 27, 2015  9:22 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Exactly hahah. OK then, we will try purchasing a new RCA cable, hopefully that fixes the display and audio issues.

Hopefully it's the cables and not the console.
I have a SNES that doesn't output audio or video at all, despite powering on and having working cables.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Sep. 30, 2015

The soundtrack of this game is one of my all-time favourite.

https://archive.org/details/msdos_Prince_of_Persia_1990

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - sarcasticninja4 - Sep. 30, 2015

so does anyone play monster hunter? I really like mh4u. if you do, tell people about the game so people would get into it

(Sep. 30, 2015  1:25 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: The soundtrack of this game is one of my all-time favourite.

you do realize that your promoting piracy right? you should take this down now

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Sep. 30, 2015

(Sep. 30, 2015  2:16 AM)sarcasticninja4 Wrote: you do realize that your promoting piracy right? you should take this down now

It is an un-purchasable soundtrack from a video game released 25 years ago. It's fine.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Neo - Sep. 30, 2015

(Sep. 30, 2015  2:16 AM)sarcasticninja4 Wrote: so does anyone play monster hunter? I really like mh4u. if you do, tell people about the game so people would get into it

(Sep. 30, 2015  1:25 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: The soundtrack of this game is one of my all-time favourite.

you do realize that your promoting piracy right? you should take this down now

I love Monster Hunter.

Say that's piracy to the millions of OST videos on YouTube.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Sep. 30, 2015

(Sep. 30, 2015  3:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2015  2:16 AM)sarcasticninja4 Wrote: you do realize that your promoting piracy right? you should take this down now

It is an un-purchasable soundtrack from a video game released 25 years ago. It's fine.

It's not the soundtrack, it's the actual game. This game is an abandonware that was archived on the servers of The Internet Archive, a non-profit organization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware#Archives

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Oct. 04, 2015

Has anyone ever heard of the rare mysterious game Killswitch? It has to be one of the strangest games ever, not because of it's gameplay but I hear that the game deletes every little bit of itself once you finished the game and could never be played again.

Also, I actually challenged my friends to Battletoads and giving them tips to help them become good.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Meta madness - Oct. 04, 2015

Can't believe battle toads is still relevant, though it is a good beat'em nonetheless.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - RagerBlade - Oct. 04, 2015

Do you guys think I should get Destiny The Taken King (I already had the first but I never purchased DLCs) or should I get FIFA 16?

(Oct. 04, 2015  2:32 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Can't believe battle toads is still relevant, though it is a good beat'em nonetheless.

It's still one of my favourite games, I think it's at #3 or #4.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Meta madness - Oct. 04, 2015

Sega genesis version is clearly superior dontcha know!

Got around testing a new screen capture.exe I made will be posting it here later today.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Oct. 04, 2015

(Sep. 30, 2015  5:36 PM)MissingNo. Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2015  3:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

It's not the soundtrack, it's the actual game. This game is an abandonware that was archived on the servers of The Internet Archive, a non-profit organization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware#Archives

Oh. Still no problem. Smile

(Oct. 04, 2015  9:27 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Sega genesis version is clearly superior dontcha know!

Got around testing a new screen capture.exe I made will be posting it here later today.

Well, I prefer the NES version. In presentation seems to be only slightly better, which isn't great considering the system is supposed to be more capable. The sound effects aren't as satisfying when hitting. The music is fine I guess, I like Rat Races theme on Genesis a lot! Surf City is nice and rocking, some soundtracks are better than NES one but it's also the other way round. The controls seem fine for the most part, except the Turbo Tunnel bike section, the bikes move sideways way too slippery and almost as if it snaps one place to the next with fluent movement to give a different illusion, I don't know, I prefer the NES Turbo Tunnel controls, not that bad but sometimes it's a problem.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Neo - Oct. 05, 2015

(Oct. 04, 2015  9:27 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Sega genesis version is clearly superior dontcha know!

I'll somewhat disagree, but at least the Genesis doesn't have sprite flicker.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Oct. 05, 2015

(Oct. 05, 2015  12:22 AM)Neo Wrote:

I'll somewhat disagree, but at least the Genesis doesn't have sprite flicker.

Yeah, though I don't personally encounter it that much, except it does happen more when I'm on Terra Tube and The Revolution level, I think Turbo Tunnel has it more than others too but it's just by experience.

I gotta say, on pure hardware, sprite flicker in BattleToads is horrendous.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Meta madness - Oct. 05, 2015

Sprite flicker is terrible in any game, period. And considering it's a beat'em up. lol don't wanna play~

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Oct. 05, 2015

(Oct. 05, 2015  12:38 AM)Neo Wrote: I gotta say, on pure hardware, sprite flicker in BattleToads is horrendous.

It's admittingly one of the most glaring of NES, I mean, Super Mario Bros I don't recall flicking.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the developers really wanted to push the limits in the visuals and perhaps the sprite flicker must have been it's compromise. It makes the final level such a pain to beat, the tube has some flickering problem too and while the 3D-ish effect of the Revolution tube is cool, the weird choppiness is bad.

I don't remember a Genesis game flickering, but I haven't played as much of it as NES.

(Oct. 05, 2015  12:43 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2015  12:38 AM)Neo Wrote: I gotta say, on pure hardware, sprite flicker in BattleToads is horrendous.

It's admittingly one of the most glaring of NES, I mean, Super Mario Bros I don't recall flicking.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the developers really wanted to push the limits in the visuals and perhaps the sprite flicker must have been it's compromise. It makes the final level such a pain to beat, the tube has some flickering problem too and while the 3D-ish effect of the Revolution tube is cool, the weird choppiness is bad.

I don't remember a Genesis game flickering, but I haven't played as much of it as NES.

Genesis or SNES never really flickered.