World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Zoroaste - Sep. 24, 2015

Because it was $18 instead of $100 and it works perfect

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Sep. 24, 2015

You can find one in a retro gaming store for like 50$.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Sep. 24, 2015

Better to spend on something's reliable.

A top loader might be a choice for unlicensed game fanatics.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Meta madness - Sep. 24, 2015

Liar! That thing won't let me play sonic adventure 7! ... err, that's for GBC... my bad...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Sep. 24, 2015

If it works I guess it's fine, but at that point I'm legitimately curious why you don't just use ROMs? Do you just prefer physical media?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Zoroaste - Sep. 24, 2015

Yeah I prefer the nostalgia of the physical medium, and I don't really have a computer hooked to my TV right now. When you get ROMs it really kind of cheapens the experience for me. Plus the games are collectors items and they will only go up in value. Some of them anyway

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Sep. 24, 2015

Roms just don't feel the same, Battletoads has major glitches in a few emulators or ROMS, and if Save States are in any of the roms, people will end up using them.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Meta madness - Sep. 24, 2015

Roms usually kill the sound quality to an extreme to a point where you can hear the differences with the real version and a rom version.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Neo - Sep. 26, 2015

(Sep. 24, 2015  10:05 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Liar! That thing won't let me play sonic adventure 7! ... err, that's for GBC... my bad...

stop no why

(Sep. 24, 2015  10:21 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If it works I guess it's fine, but at that point I'm legitimately curious why you don't just use ROMs? Do you just prefer physical media?

Brad, that's illegal Smile

(Sep. 24, 2015  11:42 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Roms usually kill the sound quality to an extreme to a point where you can hear the differences with the real version and a rom version.

Def. Most emulators don't do it correctly, at all.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Meta madness - Sep. 26, 2015

"Brad that's illeagal Smile " = Wonderful quote!

the only emu I like is kega, that's only because it is a pretty simple emu to get into, to bad it takes up a lot of space on my usb.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Sep. 26, 2015

(Sep. 26, 2015  3:46 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2015  10:05 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Liar! That thing won't let me play sonic adventure 7! ... err, that's for GBC... my bad...

stop no why

(Sep. 24, 2015  10:21 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If it works I guess it's fine, but at that point I'm legitimately curious why you don't just use ROMs? Do you just prefer physical media?

Brad, that's illegal Smile

Not necessarily.

That said, when you buy deadstock or used NES games it's like anyone who worked on them is making any money from it. Playing a ROM has the same impact. Unless of course those games are available through classic game storefronts like the Wii Shop or PSN.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Sep. 26, 2015

@[Bey Brad] Didn't you say that Emulators or ROM's were illegal? I think it was back in 2008-9, I'll look for that comment.

EDIT: Found it.

[Image: qna1yx.jpg]

This comment.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Sep. 26, 2015

A lot of things can change in six years.

Also, I'm not recommending people post links to them here or anything.

(Sep. 26, 2015  5:46 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: A lot of things can change in six years.

Also, I'm not recommending people post links to them here or anything.

Do they really change the fact that ROMs are illegal though?

Either way, I think since Hong Kong 97 is apparently okay to play on Emulators, I see your point.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Meta madness - Sep. 26, 2015

This page alone has some rather grad humor.

Roms are not, the only pass is the unreleased games as that is the only way to achieve them, if they aren't. Then there is no pass or fail. Since the real released games are on the market, the ones that are not released are the more challenging ones to obtain which is fine to play a ROM on, due to the fact that really the rights to the unreleased game is well avoidable...i'd say that ROMs are pretty easy to see as illegal and not illegal topic...but then...

CoolROMS got word from Nintendo to remove all the Nintendo based games and emus from there site, so maybe it's just me who thinks someone is taking up action on this.

R.I.P Coolroms Nintendo section...

Hong Kong 97 is a politically offensive game.

(Sep. 26, 2015  2:16 PM)Meta madness Wrote: This page alone has some rather grad humor.

Roms are not, the only pass is the unreleased games as that is the only way to achieve them, if they aren't. Then there is no pass or fail. Since the real released games are on the market, the ones that are not released are the more challenging ones to obtain which is fine to play a ROM on, due to the fact that really the rights to the unreleased game is well avoidable...i'd say that ROMs are pretty easy to see as illegal and not illegal topic...but then...

CoolROMS got word from Nintendo to remove all the Nintendo based games and emus from there site, so maybe it's just me who thinks someone is taking up action on this.

Hong Kong 97 is a politically offensive game.

It's pretty much the only way to play Hong Kong 97, but why would anyone want to is a mystery.

I'm not against roms or anything, I just thought that they were illegal unless you owned a copy of that game.

But anyway, has anyone played I Wanna Be That Guy and how was it?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Neo - Sep. 27, 2015

I hope that someone makes a HK97 Repro/Bootleg.
That would be fantastic.

Anyways, I beat NiGHTS into Dreams.
Definitely one of my favorite games I've ever played.
Also unlocked Sonic into Dreams, over on Christmas Nights. Pretty fun experience, better then most sonic games today, heh.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Sep. 27, 2015

Which Sonic games in particular?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Sep. 27, 2015

(Sep. 26, 2015  2:16 PM)Meta madness Wrote: CoolROMS got word from Nintendo to remove all the Nintendo based games and emus from there site, so maybe it's just me who thinks someone is taking up action on this.

Coolroms is one of the bests websites to catch a lot of virus from my own experience.

(Sep. 27, 2015  5:58 PM)MissingNo. Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2015  2:16 PM)Meta madness Wrote: CoolROMS got word from Nintendo to remove all the Nintendo based games and emus from there site, so maybe it's just me who thinks someone is taking up action on this.

Coolroms is one of the bests websites to catch a lot of virus from my own experience.

A website called game-oldies actually is one of the better quality emulations, and they don't even need to be downloaded. I don't think it has bugs but don't take my word for it.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Sep. 27, 2015

So our Nintendo 64 turns on but does not display anything seemingly on any of our televisions, but they are all flat screens with HDMI ports as well. However, even screens with normal yellow-red-white plugs do not display the games. We tried a converter that is actually meant for big old televisions and of course it did not work either.

Do you think the problem is in our cable, our console, or we need an RCA to HDMI converter ? Or both the first and the third options ?

(Sep. 27, 2015  7:26 PM)Kai-V Wrote: So our Nintendo 64 turns on but does not display anything seemingly on any of our televisions, but they are all flat screens with HDMI ports as well. However, even screens with normal yellow-red-white plugs do not display the games. We tried a converter that is actually meant for big old televisions and of course it did not work either.

Do you think the problem is in our cable, our console, or we need an RCA to HDMI converter ? Or both the first and the third options ?

Are you certain that the Cable is plugged in properly?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Zanzetsuken - Sep. 27, 2015

It's been like 3 or 6 years since I came back on here, went around old threads and I was reading up some of my old KH posts and now I'm wondering. What the heck was I on?

6 years ago, I wouldn't have even thought KH 2.8 FCP HD to the square root of 3 would be a thing and now here we are.

Also, maybe the port might be busted? :o

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kai-V - Sep. 27, 2015

We definitely tried all configurations, pushing as far as possible, loosening them, etc.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Sep. 27, 2015

It's definitely not the television that causes the problem.

Maybe the AV cable is broken ?