World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: gaming random thoughts - Zander Soulwind - May. 12, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:
Roy Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:Have you never heard of a different opinion? Because that's all Roan was expressing. I'd be inclined to agree with him as well, if you're going to say nonsense like this:

Quote:The game has drugs and cars included in it again doesn't it?

Yeah but why do they need drugs in it? I just don't see the point in drugs. Cars on the other hand are fun to do, driving around maddy is great.

Uhh because this game wouldn't make sense without drugs? Not all of the media we consume has to be a positive role model. There's a reason these games are made for adults. I liked the movie BLOW but that doesn't mean I'm going to start doing or selling cocaine.

I guess you are right because the game is based on all sorts of crimes and drugs are crimes so I guess it makes a lot of sence to have them in it. Still GTA is not really my kind of thing and don't get me wrong I don't hate it.

RE: gaming random thoughts - Bey Brad - May. 12, 2008

It's not my kind of game either. I don't like GTA. I'm still going to stand up if someone says something ridiculous, though.

RE: gaming random thoughts - claire - May. 12, 2008

Roan Wrote:Ugh clearly you have awful tastes in gaming if you'd rather talk about Taiko Drum Master than GTA IV.

That's what I'm most annoyed about the fact that I have "awful tastes" in videogames because I prefer to play taiko than gta4. And I was saying what my opinon was on gta4...geez...

RE: gaming random thoughts - Roan - May. 12, 2008

claire Wrote:
Roan Wrote:Ugh clearly you have awful tastes in gaming if you'd rather talk about Taiko Drum Master than GTA IV.

That's what I'm most annoyed about the fact that I have "awful tastes" in videogames because I prefer to play taiko than gta4. And I was saying what my opinon was on gta4...geez...

Its fine to have an opinion.

Its not ok, however, to back up said opinion with ignorant justification.

Quote:The game has drugs and cars included in it again doesn't it?

Really? Is this really the only reasoning you have for disliking the game? If so, let me ask you this: How many TV shows or movies have you seen where these same two things are combined? And how many of these productions have you quit watching because of that?

Something tells me I don't need an answer.

claire Wrote:

Claire, I think that is enough otherwise things could get worse and I don't think you want to get Banned do you?

Also Roan I don't think Claire has really watched anything like that, atleast I don't think so, well I know that I don't. Come to think of it I can't think of any films that I have watched that have had drugs in it.

P.S. I am only trying to carm things down and I agree that an opion is an opion and that it should be left at that.

Sorry I spelled opinion wrong, I would change it on the post itself but the PS bit won't come up.

claire Wrote:

It is his opinion that you have awful taste. He is just expressing his opinion as you are yours.

Also while I won't ban you for arguing this way, I should warn you it probably won't make you very popular here. Wink

RE: gaming random thoughts - knux - May. 12, 2008

With so many things being revived these days they need to revive the only thing left that really needs to be revived.

SHENMUE!

how about a pokemon game that doesn't feel completely stale

Bey Brad Wrote:how about a pokemon game that doesn't feel completely stale

Agreed.

I want a 3D Pokemon that isn't carp like the Gamecube/Wii ones.

For the love of god Nintendo, just make handheld pokemon in 3D and with graphics that don't look like mud.

Hell, make it an MMO! That would be awesome.

Bey Brad Wrote:Also while I won't ban you for arguing this way, I should warn you it probably won't make you very popular here. Wink

Thanks Bey Brad and I'm sure she won't do it again.

RE: gaming random thoughts - bugturtles - May. 12, 2008

no iv/ev banter in pokemon plz

i hated it because of that.

i just wanted to have my iv/ev setups ready to go without breeding/etc and just have fun.

Yes Bugturtles, I agree with you completely. The entire series needs to be completely revamped so that IVs don't exist/aren't as big of an issue/are completely visible and EVs should be allocatable as you wish.

Breeding should be instantaneous.

Bey Brad Wrote:Yes Bugturtles, I agree with you completely. The entire series needs to be completely revamped so that IVs don't exist/aren't as big of an issue/are completely visible and EVs should be allocatable as you wish.

Breeding should be instantaneous.

I agree completely but I honestly don't foresee any of this happening.

Oh no, me neither. D:

RE: gaming random thoughts - bugturtles - May. 12, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:Breeding should be instantaneous.

POKEMON QUICKIES FOR EVERYONE

RE: gaming random thoughts - SK - May. 13, 2008

pokemon red rescue team was boring (played it on my ipod lol)

RE: gaming random thoughts - Ichida - May. 13, 2008

The whole IV/EV/breeding deal, while I agree that it is unnecessarily time-consuming, IMO it's just for players who decide to put in more time and effort than casual Pokemon players. It's not really a concern for anyone except dedicated competitive tournament goers, since in-game opponents can be beaten by simple levelling and proper tactics, so unless you care about that sort of thing, it isn't really even worth griping about. Personally, I'm done with competitive Pokemon... at least until Pokemon Platinum comes out.

RE: gaming random thoughts - SexyMichael - May. 13, 2008

The EV system adds a big strategic layer to the game. The fact that it takes so much effort(no pun intended) is it's only draw back. Players should be able to take their pokemon to someone in game and be able to adjust the evs to be however they want them. Like netbattle, you just input the values you want and that's that.

And breeding could be made a lot easier and faster.

Well, effort-reward is a pretty basic concept. You work harder than what is required and reap proprtionate reward. Of course, if people want quick-fix EV'd Pokemon without all the biking up and down Solaceon, then they are the kind NetBattle was created for. The only difference to the actual game is being able to play portably and/or on PBR.

RE: gaming random thoughts - SK - May. 13, 2008

Ichida Wrote:The whole IV/EV/breeding deal, while I agree that it is unnecessarily time-consuming, IMO it's just for players who decide to put in more time and effort than casual Pokemon players. It's not really a concern for anyone except dedicated competitive tournament goers, since in-game opponents can be beaten by simple levelling and proper tactics, so unless you care about that sort of thing, it isn't really even worth griping about. Personally, I'm done with competitive Pokemon... at least until Pokemon Platinum comes out.
competitive pokemon is serious business

RE: gaming random thoughts - Bey Brad - May. 13, 2008

What if I want to play with with strategic players and also keep my full-time job? It should be about strategy, not whoever has the most free time. There is no thought in EVing, it's just mindless grinding.

RE: gaming random thoughts - bugturtles - May. 13, 2008

i do not like spending 5 minutes of constant biking to freaking hatch an egg that will have sucky stats

ITT pokemon game hate

RE: gaming random thoughts - SexyMichael - May. 13, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:What if I want to play with with strategic players and also keep my full-time job? It should be about strategy, not whoever has the most free time. There is no thought in EVing, it's just mindless grinding.

Well you can fully ev train one pokemon in like 60-90 mins tops. It's tedious but Breeding is where it gets completely unnecessary and ridiculous.

Bey Brad Wrote:What if I want to play with with strategic players and also keep my full-time job? It should be about strategy, not whoever has the most free time. There is no thought in EVing, it's just mindless grinding.

First off, do you? Does anyone here? If not, what's the problem? Tongue_out

The thought is in the planning, not the execution.

Just because it's a time-consuming process doesn't mean you have to clog it all into continuous hours all at once. Even if it takes a bunch of ten-minute training sessions over a week or so, you'll still end up with the same result. Like it was said, the most efficient breeding/EVing can take as little as an hour or two, if you get lucky with the eggs.