World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Jul. 12, 2015

(Jul. 12, 2015  10:41 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: One of the plastic clips of Mario Kart 64 is broken, and the metal edge keep "lifting" for some reason, but Super Mario 64 is totally perfect. Should I start with a N64 or a NES ? Tongue_out

Perhaps that's why it was so cheap.

It depends on the library of games, I think the NES has a lot of classic titles but do have some duds here and there, I think (I could be wrong) there's more than N64 by average, but the N64 has a few bad ones but I think it has a good amount of games.

Wait, which has more games, NES or N64?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Jul. 12, 2015

I think Mario Kart will work fine, it's probably some kid that tried to open the cartridge. I bought the lot in a local flea market, it's a lot less dangerous than eBay.
The N64 library have 346 games, and the NES have 819, according to this Bible website. http://videogames.pricecharting.com

(Jul. 12, 2015  10:49 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: I think Mario Kart will work fine, it's probably some kid that tried to open the cartridge. I bought the lot in a local flea market, it's a lot less dangerous than eBay.
The N64 library have 346 games, and the NES have 819, according to this Bible website. http://videogames.pricecharting.com

Well the NES has the classic Mario series, Megaman series, Castlevania series, Zelda 1, Contra series etc.

But it also has a lot of bad games if you watch the AVGN

The N64 has Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, Zelda Ocarina Of Time, Starfox 64 etc

But it has Superman 64 and all that.

Just get whichever is worth your buck.

Hmm. I know somebody who have a N64 + controller for sale, like 45$ or something, and a NES + 2 controller for a similar price. It's just a matter of choice now. Oh, and by the way Jinbee, for your NES, wich kind of TV do you use ?

Well, I just use a flatscreen.

Just watch this tutorial, it's easier: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hnLhQcA3agY

What games do you plan on getting?

I think I'll start with a NES. It can't be helped.

Good choice! Games that I recommend are obviously Mario games. There's a lot of games in the NES so at least it won't feel like a waste, even if some suck.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Jul. 13, 2015

Maybe someday I'll have a huge NES collection, like the Nerd's. I think I should buy an actual NES first hah.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Jul. 13, 2015

(Jul. 13, 2015  12:04 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: Maybe someday I'll have a huge NES collection, like the Nerd's. I think I should buy an actual NES first hah.

I remember finding a Flintstones game for the NES, heard it was rare and haven't got it yet, is it rare though?

Flintstones Surprise at Dino Peak - 699.99$ US.
Flintstones The Rescue of Dino and Hoppy - 15.25$ US

Man. 700$ for a damn Flintstones game ?

Dammit! I found one for £28! I hope I just looked at the game wrong.

Man, really ? Maybe it was a fake/reproduction.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - OwnageDerp - Jul. 13, 2015

Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata. You will be missed, Nintendo CEO.
(As a big Nintendo fan like myself, i'm saddened by his death.)

Oh my, really ? What a shame...

(Jul. 13, 2015  1:22 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: Man, really ? Maybe it was a fake/reproduction.

Well it's probably not the game as I'm sure someone would have bought it by now and probably the more common Flintstone game.

OwnageDerp, he died? Darn... I... I'm sorry for derailing, I wish I could go and pay my respect to him.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Tri - Jul. 13, 2015

Any of you ever played/still play guitar hero? I hope so because I'm very excited that I only have one song left to complete on expert on gh2. Jordan. My best is only 53% lol. It is so brutal. I beat the remaining few last night besides it.

My brothers recently bought the first set, I'm not a big fan personnally.

Not a fan of Guitar hero?

Personally, it's okay, but it's not as interesting to me as a genre, I prefer platformers and run and gun type.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MissingNo. - Jul. 18, 2015

So hum, a NES with a controller is 55$ CAD (around 27£) and The Legend Of Zelda is 30$ (15£)... Is it a good price ?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jinbee - Jul. 18, 2015

The NES I think is a really good price, the cheapest I found was the equivalent to $90. As for the game, not sure about that but it's a good game so go for it.

With some luck I'll be able to buy both of them today or tomorrow. Smile

Just buy the console for now, that's probably more important.

Yeah sure, but I don't know if my games are working, so...

Oh... well I could be wrong but it's probably better to get the console sooner than later where you would have purchase many more games if it did turn out to be a waste of money.

Or just stick to the virtual console.

Nah, I want a real console for once, I'm sick of emulators. Anyway, I buy my retro stuffs from a small kiosk in a local flea market, they always have a lot of different games/consoles for a pretty decent price.