World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jun. 19, 2013

Yeah, we went from a mediocre console to a half-way decent one.

Still won't buy it, but I appreciate the effort.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Jun. 20, 2013

Thresher: Now hold on. There are still some flaws with the One. Like the lack of backwards compatibility. Meaning that you will probably end up picking one console or another in terms of new games vs. the ones you have. Plus, this PC rumor is kinda disconcerting. And the price is still...meh. (Or... You're an Xbox One prototype that has become sentient, and is going to force us all to buy the One.)

But off of the "still meh" tangent. This is going to hurt Microsoft for a long time, methinks. There were a lot of people who lost a lot of trust in the company. Nice to see they covered their butts, but... It'll be interesting to see the long-term impact this whole fiasco has on sales.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - ~Mana~ - Jun. 20, 2013

I saw this earlier when it was first announced. The one thing that mainly caught my eye was this:
Quote:Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

No region locks? If so, Xbox One is the way to go for me. I enjoy importing games from Japan and America, so that works. Though, I preordered an Xbox One when it was first announced, so it doesn't really change my decision at all.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Thresher - Jun. 20, 2013

(Jun. 20, 2013  12:54 AM)Temporal Wrote: Thresher: Now hold on. There are still some flaws with the One. Like the lack of backwards compatibility. Meaning that you will probably end up picking one console or another in terms of new games vs. the ones you have. Plus, this PC rumor is kinda disconcerting. And the price is still...meh. (Or... You're an Xbox One prototype that has become sentient, and is going to force us all to buy the One.)

But off of the "still meh" tangent. This is going to hurt Microsoft for a long time, methinks. There were a lot of people who lost a lot of trust in the company. Nice to see they covered their butts, but... It'll be interesting to see the long-term impact this whole fiasco has on sales.

Neither is the PS4, or the later PS3s or the original 360, it's kind of a concept of the past. Are you honestly going to throw your old system away because the next gen has arrived? I'm personally going to keep what I have until all my systems croak. I do agree that the damage is done and Microsoft is going to have to bite the bullet at least until the next E3, possibly for this entire generation, but it isn't impossible for them to bounce back. If they launched with this instead they'd be much closer to Sony, especially after E3.

I'm not saying that anyone will. I'm just saying that it's kind of a major hassle, that if it had been addressed, it could have put them over the edge with the backlash and everything.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jun. 20, 2013

(Jun. 20, 2013  1:50 AM)Thresher Wrote: If they launched with this instead they'd be much closer to Sony, especially after E3.

But they didn't. They honestly believed that all this carp about the DRM, the 'No Lending Games' policy and the obligatory connection once a day was gonna go smoothly with everyone. Hence why they are idiots unworthy of my hard-earned money (And god knows that they want A LOT of said money Oo)

Plus, the constantly watching Kinect thing still kinda spooks me out OO

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - UGottaCetus - Jun. 20, 2013

Its weird how they just changed their policies. I mean, is it that simple to change what is originally programmed into the game system? This makes me wonder if the things they are saying will happen, such as XB1 games working with other consoles, will actually work.

This means that there will be a LOT of work to do, but I don't think it'll have TOO much of a negative effect. Not on the system itself, at least. Sales will not improve much. I have a feeling that most of the market has the same mindset Dude does.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - sarabscientist - Jun. 20, 2013

Yeah but they still ruined the initial image of the XBox One. Why would they even pull that stunt in the first place. I don't think people will come 'running back' to the XBox One but there might be some people that would give it a second chance. I don't know, haha.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jun. 21, 2013

Not me though, especially with that game line-up...

...Seriously, i can't be the only one that's completely unimpressed by YET ANOTHER first-person shooter, right? Oo

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Jun. 21, 2013

(Jun. 21, 2013  12:08 AM)Dude Wrote: Not me though, especially with that game line-up...

...Seriously, i can't be the only one that's completely unimpressed by YET ANOTHER first-person shooter, right? Oo

And there is the mindset of most of the Xbox One's market. The attempt to get away with that stupid set of requirements will be more of an issue than the system itself. Also: too many FPS games these days.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Zanzetsuken - Jun. 21, 2013

(Jun. 21, 2013  12:08 AM)Dude Wrote: Not me though, especially with that game line-up...

Not only that but, they aren't allowing the Indies to self-publish so they already lost a whole bunch of great potential devs there.

(is it bad that I really want to play Octodad???)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kai Hiwatari - Jul. 07, 2013

It is funny, in about 2-3 years, the Xbox One is going to be the top console in terms of sales.
I understand this time Microsoft's presentation was not great, but when the 360 and Ps3 were about to be released, everyone sided with PS3 as the better console, 7-8 years later, 360 has been on top now for a while.

I am impressed with the Xbox One game line up, but I am more fascinated with some of the smaller titles such as Sunset Overdrive, it absolutely blew my mind with the trailer.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Jul. 08, 2013

However, there wasn't the public backlash that Microsoft had to face before. Plus, exclusives. People are much more likely to buy both a PS3 and an Xbox 360 or just a 360 as opposed to just a PS3, IMO.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kai Hiwatari - Jul. 08, 2013

(Jul. 08, 2013  12:03 AM)Temporal Wrote: However, there wasn't the public backlash that Microsoft had to face before. Plus, exclusives. People are much more likely to buy both a PS3 and an Xbox 360 or just a 360 as opposed to just a PS3, IMO.

That is why I believe that Microsoft will be behind in the "console wars" for the first year or two, but overall, it will be the Xbox One who will be the eventual victor of this generation of "console wars."

IMO each console has great exclusives, but I think at the end of the day Microsoft has the better, more popular exclusives.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jul. 08, 2013

...Like which? Halo? Again? Aren't you guys getting tired of those? Uncertain

I dunno, I much prefer inFAMOUS. Just my opinion.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Jul. 08, 2013

Exactly. I'll agree with Dude again here. The exclusives that made the 360 take the lead are getting tired. There might not be enough behind the next wave to do it again. In this case, buying both will be insanely difficult. So if people were to buy one or the other, people would likely buy the PS4 due to the bad taste Microsoft left in a lot of people's collective mouth.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kai Hiwatari - Jul. 08, 2013

(Jul. 08, 2013  1:57 AM)Temporal Wrote: Exactly. I'll agree with Dude again here. The exclusives that made the 360 take the lead are getting tired. There might not be enough behind the next wave to do it again. In this case, buying both will be insanely difficult. So if people were to buy one or the other, people would likely buy the PS4 due to the bad taste Microsoft left in a lot of people's collective mouth.

PS4 has a much wider range of exclusives that have already been confirmed, and while Microsoft has a few, I believe a lot of the better exclusives and new titles will be released in a year or two. I mean my two personal favorites are the Gears of War and Halo Franchise's. While Gears of War is not likely to have another game, unless they make yet another prequel or do something completely crazy story wise, it is probably done. This just leaves Halo, and while I enjoyed Halo 4 more than any other Halo since the first, I will probably have to get an Xbox One to finish the Halo series.

I mean Microsoft usually does not have the greatest range of launch titles, and they usually make up for it a year or so after the release of the console.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Ryuujin K - Jul. 09, 2013

Apparently today is the 32nd anniversary of Donkey Kong's arcade release. I just thought I'd post that here since it just popped up when I looked at the Wikipedia.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jul. 09, 2013

It'll be cooler next year when it's the 33th year.

I mean come on, thirty-third! That's a such a cool rank! Gasp

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - akio314 - Jul. 13, 2013

I'm SO frustrated. I've wanted FEZ on Steam for a while now, but guess what? I've got an insufficient Video Card. But I have a Laptop, so no new video cards. So the question is Wii U or new PC? I am almost as enraged as I was when Hasbro said they would make Metal fury. It's not that I don't have the Money for a new PC either, but if I do I won't have the money for a Wii U. But for now I want to get a refund for Fez, but is that even possible? I've messaged the Steam Support, so how long will it take for a reply?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jul. 15, 2013

I have no idea why you're even considering the Wii U right now... What good games are there? Yeah, there's gonna be the new Smash Bros... sometime in the future, but the Steam sales are RIGHT NAAOW!

I'd go with the new PC.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kei - Jul. 15, 2013

(Jul. 15, 2013  1:44 PM)Dude Wrote: I have no idea why you're even considering the Wii U right now... What good games are there? Yeah, there's gonna be the new Smash Bros... sometime in the future, but the Steam sales are RIGHT NAAOW!

I'd go with the new PC.

There's a number of good games for it right now, but things will start to pick up once August hits and we get Pikmin 3, then The Wonderful 101 in September, etc.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Cannon - Jul. 15, 2013

Ahh Mario Kart 8! Not going to come out for ages though.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Anchor - Jul. 17, 2013

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Raises-Prices-Next-Gen-Games-54-99-57437.html

So EA's next gen games might cost $80, a bit ridiculous.