World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - LeonTempest - Jun. 09, 2012

(Jun. 09, 2012  5:03 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: e3 this year sucked
everyone there sucked, along with nearly everything they showed
everyone is going just a BIT too casual for me to be comfortable

WHO WANTS TO COME DOWN TO MY HOUSE TONIGHT AND PLAY SING?
OR WII FIT U?
HEY
LET'S PLAY DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION

don't even get me started on the others

I did like when Reggie said "My body was ready." again though. LMFAO

^Because even Reggie knows that the Wii has become a joke for the last 3 or 4 years XD

(Jun. 09, 2012  6:12 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: They showed games, yes, that's great. 3rd party titles so less rehashes of Mario? EVEN BETTER!

But Leon, please, tell me the date/price when the WiiU will be released along with it's lineup of games.
Yeah.

Nintendo should keep the balance of classic Nintendo titles and 3rd party ones, mind you. Granted, no carp ones like "Mario plays Badminton" but Nintendo titles are what makes Nintendo's identity, so we cant forget about them

Atleast they addressed that they couldn't talk about it, to some extent, which to me, means that there is some things they plan on saying later on. Probably some marketing strategy...and it probably isn't 100% complete yet. I can assure you that promising us a release date and price now would only discourage us later on when we find out it gets pushed back, haha

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - lord Wolfblade - Jun. 09, 2012

i am quite happy with nintendo right now XD...
they have announced the thirteenth fire emblem (Fire Emblem: Awakening... its a new fire emblem game for the 3DS) for release in north america!

YESSSSS! i now have a reason to get a 3DS XD... now to get a job...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Jun. 09, 2012

The stinkin Wii U basically feels like they're just releasing a Wii again. New Mario Bros 2, Super Smash Bros, they were good games in the 80's and 90's, reused in the 2000's, and now reused again after being reused again. Stinkin Nintendo. I've tried to be a Nintendo boy and play my Zelda, but man oh man, how long can I buy their systems just for Zelda?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - LeonTempest - Jun. 09, 2012

(Jun. 09, 2012  8:01 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: i am quite happy with nintendo right now XD...
they have announced the thirteenth fire emblem (Fire Emblem: Awakening... its a new fire emblem game for the 3DS) for release in north america!

YESSSSS! i now have a reason to get a 3DS XD... now to get a job...

I did not know about this...

...life is fantastic Joyful_2

..and expensive :\

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - DedlyAquaTurtle - Jun. 10, 2012

Why did the audience cheer when the 3DS guy told everyone he wouldnt talk about New Super Mario Bros for the 3DS lol

He was a bit nervous it seems too lol

Lego City looks...what? I dont know I only liked the end with the pipe I would have thought a lego city game would be much more buildy and Sim like

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Jun. 10, 2012

(Jun. 09, 2012  9:12 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: The stinkin Wii U basically feels like they're just releasing a Wii again. New Mario Bros 2, Super Smash Bros, they were good games in the 80's and 90's, reused in the 2000's, and now reused again after being reused again. Stinkin Nintendo. I've tried to be a Nintendo boy and play my Zelda, but man oh man, how long can I buy their systems just for Zelda?

I buy Nintendo handhelds for Zelda, Pokémon, and the massive third party thing that goes on with them. Consoles... I may not ever buy another Nintendo console again, unless they return to a traditional control scheme or get some serious IP going again.

Really, though, game developers had absolutely nothing of interest to me this time around except Halo 4, and there wasn't much interesting of it shown that wasn't already implied by "it's a Halo game".

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - LeonTempest - Jun. 10, 2012

Halo 4 provided a unique situation where everyone wants it to be different from past Halo games, and yet all the hardcore fans want it to be the same, and thats a 50/50 split. I can say though that 343 did a good job at achieving both it seems...

The moment the Black Ops 2 trailer came up on my TV, I stopped watching the xbox conference...

Anyway, did anyone else see the Unreal 4 engine demo? Grin

It's not anything like a 50/50 split concerning wanting it to be a familiar experience. The most widespread fear about 343 was that they would be untrue to the roots of the series, and try to be fancy and disassociate the Halo name from Bungie - which would've been a bad idea. Originality? Garbage. Rock-solid gameplay, stable multiplayer, and a familiar feel are what need to be in this game for it to be remotely successful, and if they tried to be original, none of those things would have been present at all, if gaming history is any fair record.

They can do whatever the hell they want to the story. If the gameplay does anything but the usual expected sequel tweaking/few new features for MP, it will be bad.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jun. 10, 2012

(Jun. 09, 2012  6:08 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2012  4:50 PM)To Wrote: I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or what. This past E3 was terrible, with Nintendo's E3 being a complete disaster.

I am not. Comapred to past E3's, this was probably one the weakest. But terrible is a bit extreme in my opinion. Its not like Nintendo showed us a Red Nintendo Wii this time Tired Nintendo had one goal; show the world that they are finally ready to have decent/good 3rd party games; They accomplished that goal. Will the games be as good as the PS3 or Xbox360 counterparts? Well, for the sake of not disappointing myself, I will say no, but again, open mind, but atleast we can be guaranteed that the same carp that happened with the Wii wont happen again, atleast not to that same degree.

Also understand that singing/dancing games to begin with are atrocious in their own right...so keep in mind that all 3 franchises do it, and its only to make money off non-gamers...that's all...I am not happy that alot of attention was brought to those types of games, but again, that wasnt for us guys...

Nintendo's goal for this E3 should've been to sell the world on Wii U. Showing off year late ports (doing stage demos for Batman was a joke) of games everyone has played, confirming that the controller is still limited to a small range, has terrible battery life, the confirmation that this thing is closer to devices released in 2005/2006 than ones that'll be released in 2013 and ending their conference on a mini-game collection was horrible. To your point about third party support, there is none. Ubisoft (the most willing supporter of the platform by far) is already discussing how they'll port their titles to other platforms. EA's output is going to be a year late port of Mass Effect 3, and maybe Madden. Activision, Capcom, and the like are completely missing with Call of Duty, and Resident Evil. With the rest being shovelware, or old ports. In what world does Nintendo think that's a good idea? Worse off is that they didn't even bother to show off their games. They showed off another NSMB which looks exactly the same as every single one they've made. They showed Pikmin which looks like a Gamecube game, still. Then there's the trash like Nintendoland, and Sing It. Nintendo's goal this year was to sell the world on Wii U, and what they told people is that they shouldn't buy it. They fumbled so bad that sites like CNN think Wii U is a peripheral controller to the Wii, and not a new platform. This was their second chance, and next year given the likelihood of both PlayStation Next, and Kinexbox being there they're going to be covered by an avalanche.

Honestly, it's like I've said before - elsewhere, and probably here; Nintendo needs to give up the Console game and just stick to handhelds. The 3DS is still a comedic device compared to its predecessor so far(due basically entirely to a still-limited game reservoir), but it is still miles more enjoyable a device than the Wii and without a doubt the Wii U.

If the gaming industry would just stop with this "do new things, let's make gaming something more" idea, everyone but the most meaningless of individuals would be considerably better off. Nintendo is the primary villain in this scheme, and with the latest developments(about their "developments"), even the most hardcore Nintendo fanboys are probably going to be hanging their heads in unabashed shame. Nintendo has more than enough money and manpower to make an actual next-gen console, but instead, we're going to get 360 graphics(best case scenario) on more Wii-esque party game nonsense.

What the Wii did, the Wii U is doing, only worse, because they should know better this time.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Eternal-E - Jun. 10, 2012

[/size]
(Jun. 10, 2012  11:36 PM)Hazel Wrote: Honestly, it's like I've said before - elsewhere, and probably here; Nintendo needs to give up the Console game and just stick to handhelds.

What the Wii did, the Wii U is doing, only worse, because they should know better this time.

I agree with you. THIS NINTENDO RAMPAGE NEEDS TO STOP! YOU DONT NEED TO IMPROVE WHAT'S ALREADY GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE GAMING PEOPLE.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - lord Wolfblade - Jun. 12, 2012

(Jun. 09, 2012  9:56 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: I did not know about this...

...life is fantastic Joyful_2

..and expensive :\

i know Unhappy

guys, guys... what we need is for sega to make a new console... am i right? XD
^joking joking...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Raigeko13 - Jun. 12, 2012

(Jun. 09, 2012  6:13 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2012  6:12 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: They showed games, yes, that's great. 3rd party titles so less rehashes of Mario? EVEN BETTER!

But Leon, please, tell me the date/price when the WiiU will be released along with it's lineup of games.
Yeah.

Nintendo should keep the balance of classic Nintendo titles and 3rd party ones, mind you. Granted, no carp ones like "Mario plays Badminton" but Nintendo titles are what makes Nintendo's identity, so we cant forget about them

Atleast they addressed that they couldn't talk about it, to some extent, which to me, means that there is some things they plan on saying later on. Probably some marketing strategy...and it probably isn't 100% complete yet. I can assure you that promising us a release date and price now would only discourage us later on when we find out it gets pushed back, haha

Yes, a marketing strategy that is a failure..
They should keep a balance, but here's the problem - they don't.
Truth be told, the consoles are the identity. Without the console, do you have Mario?
Nope.

>Probably not complete yet
>Will release this fall which is in 3-4 months
bro r u sure
cuz
i dont think they will finish it one week
and release it the next

R U SURE BRO?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - LeonTempest - Jun. 12, 2012

Overreaction much? Haha

Consoles really arent the identity at all, because Nintendo has released a wide variety of game devices over its many years in gaming, and last time I checked, Mario itself is more iconic than Mario games on the 3DS

Moving on to something less...rage...anyone else having a hard time understanding the different Halo 4 preoorders from different retailers? The line between armors and skins is very ppoorly drawn for us, and every website I visit for info lacks consistancy in thier terminology and information...

You seemed to have missed my point, so I give up.

As for Halo 4, I mean whaddya expect? It won't be released for a while IIRC, so I'm not surprised about a lack of info.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - LeonTempest - Jun. 12, 2012

I understand your point, I just dont agree with you completely. I am allowed to do that no? I understand my viewpoints on E3 this year and this ongoing discussion are somewhat different from the majority, but that is still my take on it

I never said you weren't allowed to disagree with me anywhere.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jun. 14, 2012

Yet another .hack//Versus video! In this one, we see the confirmed cast's special moves and they are simply gorgeous! The interesting stuff really starts at 1:20, in the video, where we even get to see the title screen!

So, from what I can tell, this is what goes on for their special moves: Sora becomes glowy-like just like she does in the movie and calls on her friends to help her out, Haseo becomes an angered double-scythed-hands Skeith and ferociously attacks, Ovan releases his AIDA arm and calls on Corbenik, firing his giant AIDA arm-cannon on whoever he's fighting and follows by cutting the Tri-Edge symbol into them. Sakuya calls on Hermit who creates what I can onlhy describe as a void of existence with his stick (It makes sense if you've seen .hack//Quantum) which proceeds to violently explode after a while. Next is Kite, the original! He does a super cool Data Drain! Tsukasa naturally just calls on his guardian thing to kill everything, as usual. Then there's Blackrose and... all she does is slash at her opponent in a cool manner. But 9 (Or Tokio) is really my favourite because his special move uses those clock-like gadgets on his hands to stop freakin' time in an incredibly cool manner! I love pretty much all characters that can stop time... just seems like a damn nice power XD

We also get to hear the theme song, Hitohira performed by LieN, a bit better, this time around. I'm totally hyped for this!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - sarabscientist - Jun. 16, 2012

Anyone play 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors?

The best game I have ever played,it messes with your mind.

Morphogenic Sorrow is indeed the saddest song Crying

Shedded tears at the end of the game.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jun. 16, 2012

I heard about that game recently. I've been wanting to get it, but I'm broke.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Jun. 17, 2012

All I really care about for any new system is I don't want to ever have to buy a disk again. Jeez, when's the last time anyone bought a CD? Even movie stores are going for poop now. Nintendo also needs to get a good friend and marketplace thing going on. I also never want to have to use batteries again, and I want a good charging system, the cord with the PS3 doesn't cut it for me. (although, I have no idea if there's a charging station you can get that charges the controllers when the system is off)

Ain't a big request.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jun. 18, 2012

I actually like having my games on disks. I prefer to be able to physically touch the item I purchased, otherwise it feels like I didn't buy anything.

As for CD's, lots of people still purchase them. There are still record stores that do pretty well, and sell literally nothing but record players, and new records (But there aren't very many.) Something so old, still makes good money. This is why stores like Walmart still have large CD sections, and why there are also still CD shops.

As for movie stores, those are dying because of Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming services.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Jun. 18, 2012

(Jun. 17, 2012  3:27 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: All I really care about for any new system is I don't want to ever have to buy a disk again. Jeez, when's the last time anyone bought a CD? Even movie stores are going for poop now. Nintendo also needs to get a good friend and marketplace thing going on. I also never want to have to use batteries again, and I want a good charging system, the cord with the PS3 doesn't cut it for me. (although, I have no idea if there's a charging station you can get that charges the controllers when the system is off)

Ain't a big request.

The more you allow companies to deny you literal ownership of the product, the less of the product you will literally own.

Digital-only gaming is a plague. In vain attempts to stop piracy, DRM and license agreements, along with accounts and such, are ultimately working toward making it so that you will not ever own any game ever again.

Fondle your game disks with unadulterated compassion and appreciation, for the time of you owning any game is drawing to an end.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Thresher - Jun. 18, 2012

So it turns out if you didn't pre-order Ghost Recon:Future Soldier from GameStop of Ubisoft then you will never use the Mk-14 or Ak-47 in the game, ever. I'm sick of this whole "pre-order this game or get screwed out of this perk for life" scam. Why should someone who payed the same price as me get more weapons to choose from? On top of that, why don't they release it as DLC that could at least buy so I can have just as much fun as other people? What is the industry coming too? Not only are they slowly taking our ownership of games, they are also taking content away from gamers who payed the same price as others.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jun. 18, 2012

Meh, that's nothing new. I'm not certain why they push the pre-orders so bad, since they end up with the same amount of money anyway, but I doubt they're about to stop. You just gotta pre-order the games you're interested in, really...

For example, Tales of Graces F had three pre-order-only bonus costumes that you can't get on the PSN. Two of said costumes suck, but the point stays that people that took the trouble of pre-ordering get better stuff.

I don't think it's too bad, really, I pretty much always pre-order games I plan on buying.