World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Mar. 23, 2012

Is it hyped? I'm just seeing it as... y'know, something extra. I'm not expecting grand storyline seen in other games, really.

I guess we'll see, 'cause I'm buying the pack, if only to see the full wide-screen legal version of Beyond The World XD

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Mar. 23, 2012

Well, I mean how CyberConnect 2 released screenshots months before announcing what it was and keeping it hidden.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - blitzydaunicorn - Mar. 27, 2012

Figured some of you were interested in this. I have not played any of the previous games but it looks pretty awesome.
http://vita.ign.com/articles/122/1221591p1.html

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - ButterflyKnight - Apr. 07, 2012

So, I was thinking when I was coming back of the college: What if the new games aren't that easier, but the newer gamers are learning to play so fast?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Apr. 10, 2012

Age Warning (Click to View)
wut

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Apr. 10, 2012

I am left utterly unimpressed by this Dante (Again)

It just looks like they're trying way too hard. 'Oooohhhh, look how awesome Dante is! He drinks and has hangovers, just like you! Ohhhhh, look, the mass media are looking for him and calling him a terrorist! Pretty hardcore, right? Ohhhhh, look, he gives the finger to a camera! That's also pretty cool, right? Right?!'

What the hell, man? That's not cool at all. The original Dante was cool. This guy just looks like some teenage jerk with drug problems and a criminal history (A.K.A Something not cool)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Apr. 10, 2012

Ever since DMC changed hands as far as art direction and design, it went to pot. This guy's got what I would honestly call the worst haircut ever, and really looks like a villain, not a hero or antihero. Duke Nukem May Cry can eat it, as far as I'm concerned.

Personally, I didn't even like DMC4(mostly because Nero was annoying and useless and boring to play as). 3 was great, 2 was alright to play(and was my first DMC), and 1 is solid.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Apr. 10, 2012

Many people consider DMC2 to be the horrible low point of the series, lol.

Personally, I think this game looks really cool. But I'm not one of those people who were hardcore into the older games, and thus don't really have an attachment to that.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Apr. 10, 2012

DMC2 wasn't nearly as good as 1 or 3, but it was still enjoyable, IMO.

I just think they made Dante into a character that should not for any reason be liked, and they took away pretty much all of his aesthetic appeal with this new goober haircut.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Apr. 12, 2012

Here's another trailer for .hack//Sekai no mukou ni that has some gameplay footage of .hack//Versus in which we can see all the confirmed characters (Namely Haseo, Sora (That's her name, right?) Tsukasa, Sakuya from .hack//Quantum and Ovan) doing their thing and showcasing their moves, which all look really cool, too.

Unlike To (It seems) I'm pretty optimistic about this. The game looks gorgeous and the gameplay looks fun, as far as figthers go. I already bougth the Hybrid Pack DVD Blu-Ray Pack The World Edition, so I'll get it a few days after it comes out.

There's also a lot of rumors going around that 9, the new hooded character, is actually Tokio from .hack//Link. That would certainly be disappointing for me, since Tokio is about as bland a protagonist as you can get, but I do wonder why he would suddenly change wardrobe and become some sort of a villain.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Apr. 12, 2012

Onto games that look gorgeous but supposedly isn't all that great:

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Robsta - Apr. 12, 2012

(Apr. 12, 2012  1:28 PM)To Wrote: Onto games that look gorgeous but supposedly isn't all that great:

The graphics give me a real Hayao Miyazaki vibe.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - JakePlaysGamess - Apr. 12, 2012

Why are there no good Beyblade games?
Beyblade PS1 = too short
The gamecube one i cant remember the name of = too short
vforce blader jam = carp + short
g-revolution = too repetitive
metal fusion= carp and short
metal masters= havent played it yet, but i imagine its similar to metal fusion.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Apr. 12, 2012

(Apr. 12, 2012  1:40 PM)Robsta Wrote:
(Apr. 12, 2012  1:28 PM)To Wrote: Onto games that look gorgeous but supposedly isn't all that great:

The graphics give me a real Hayao Miyazaki vibe.

Studio Ghibli (of whom Hayao Miyazaki is a director and one of the founders of) worked on the game alongside Level-5.

(Apr. 12, 2012  2:35 PM)StadiumOut!! Wrote: Why are there no good Beyblade games?
Beyblade PS1 = too short
The gamecube one i cant remember the name of = too short
vforce blader jam = carp + short
g-revolution = too repetitive
metal fusion= carp and short
metal masters= havent played it yet, but i imagine its similar to metal fusion.

Beyblade is a hard series to adapt into a compelling video game. The fun from the toys comes from the customization and unpredictability of it. None of the video games have properly replicated that. The problem is that they're all trying to, and when it's clear they can't they continue on doing so anyways. The G-Revolution RPG on GBA tried something different (it was an RPG) and had a good sense of customization and some adventure elements, but the battles were boring, and customization didn't feel like it did anything more than cosmetic changes.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Apr. 17, 2012

Bwahahaha

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - blitzydaunicorn - Apr. 17, 2012

(Apr. 17, 2012  1:28 PM)To Wrote:

Bwahahaha

Ah sweet! Now I can use my triple backflip roundhouse kick attack on Raditz! Because every person can do that!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Apr. 17, 2012

Alternate Trailer

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Annoying-Fork - Apr. 17, 2012

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/17/halo-4-wakes-up-master-chief-on-november-6/#lf_comment=23684244

http://www.viddler.com/v/f0bfc101

Halo 4 release date. Grin

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Apr. 18, 2012

Oh nelly, the Dragon Ball Z game looks ridonculous. It is pretty funny though, and I would like to give it at least one try, haha. Do we happen to know if that's the only DBZ game this year? I really hope not.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - blitzydaunicorn - Apr. 18, 2012

(Apr. 18, 2012  12:06 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Oh nelly, the Dragon Ball Z game looks ridonculous. It is pretty funny though, and I would like to give it at least one try, haha. Do we happen to know if that's the only DBZ game this year? I really hope not.

Wait, the Dragon Ball Z game isn't a joke? I thought it was because it reminds me of this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NufHsmITjM

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Apr. 18, 2012

Well then I have no idea. Haha, To, explain!

Edit: google search brings me to websites that seem to talk as if it is real. I even saw a "we heard new that Bandai (or whatever it was) is making a DBZ game for Kinect, this is it"

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Apr. 18, 2012

Dragon Ball Z for Kinect is a real game. It will be released in October.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Apr. 18, 2012

...Why wouldn't it be a real game, anyway?

I'm not in any way a Dragonball fan, so maybe there's something I don't get, but... Well, doing the Super Sayian stuff, Kamehameha and all those other moves actually seem pretty fitting for the Kinect. A good use of the Kinect that isn't just motion control without a controller that doesn't work? How surprising!

If I had a Kinect, I might even check it out.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Apr. 18, 2012

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Apr. 19, 2012

Ah, that's what I thought, haha.

Dude, I really don't share that opinion with you, haha. I like martial arts in real life, and playing Dragon Ball Z games already involves enough shame, haha. I don't think I could bear to think of myself punching the air because of a Dragon Ball Z game!