World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Feb. 27, 2012

(Feb. 27, 2012  1:33 PM)Hazel Wrote: I have not actually personally ever played a homebrew game, and I really kind of question the point... but, then again, all of my gaming is series-related.
To keep a system alive. It's simple and fun.

Is Resident Evil: CODE Veronica for Dreamcast any good? I've never played a Resident Evil game before, so I wouldn't know.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Feb. 27, 2012

CODE Veronica is the only Resident Evil game I ever played, incidentally... I thought it was kind of boring, really, but that genre is not really a fantastically appealing one, to me.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Feb. 27, 2012

Ah, what about Crazy Taxi? I've played Crazy Taxi before, but I was too young to remember if it was fun or not.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Feb. 27, 2012

Crazy Taxi is fantastic in an arcade, if only for the sheer lunacy.

On the console, it's not as exciting or enjoyable, really... it's not a game I'd ever want to play seriously. More of a "pop two quarters in and make stupid noises in wal-mart" game.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Mar. 02, 2012

I decided to purchase a PS2 instead of a Dreamast. Reason why is because of Mega Man X7, X8, Mega Man X Collection, and Mega Man X: Command Mission.

Anyways, I can't decide if I should get Mega Man X7, or Mega Man X: Command Mission. Uncertain I would buy all 4 games now but I'm kinda broke. Uncertain

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Mar. 02, 2012

X7 was a horrible atrocity of a game where they tried to do too many things they were evidently incompetent at in far too little time and on too little of a budget.

Command Mission is extremely short, but still pretty fun.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Mar. 02, 2012

Then I guess I'll get Command Mission. Either way, it's Mega Man, so I'll be pretty happy.

Of course, I could pick a game or two that I own but do not like and trade them in so I can afford X Collection.... XP

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Mar. 06, 2012

There's something about old video game boxes, instruction books, etc. that appeals to me so much. Maybe it's nostalgia, but I love how creative it all got. It really gave a sense of out-of-game qualities that add a special feel (?). Zelda games came with cool maps, lots of fun stuff, and OoT 3D upheld this very very very well (I was really impressed with how N64 they made the instructions and extras), but now Zelda games don't have the same goodies and feeling. Unhappy

I don't know, I just really like how older games were presented and came packaged, kind of like it was more of a big deal. I guess I'll make an OoT Box accompanied with a white background for my avatar tomorrow, haha.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Mar. 06, 2012

The difference is that modern games pack infinitely more content, features, and other stuff on the game disc than was ever remotely possible - in any fathomable universe - in the 90's/late 80's. So, game developers want you to read the manual only out of necessity, and then dive into the game.

Limited editions and preorder bonuses of the modern age are absolutely magnificent in many cases, though, especially with big-name games.

Claims of "gaming was better when" are, in almost all cases, purely nostalgia, and spoken by people who would rather be contrarians than spend so much as a second doing logical thinking to discover how far off-base they really are.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Mar. 06, 2012

(Mar. 06, 2012  10:01 PM)Hazel Wrote: Claims of "gaming was better when" are, in almost all cases, purely nostalgia, and spoken by people who would rather be contrarians than spend so much as a second doing logical thinking to discover how far off-base they really are.
What about difficulty though? I've played quite a few old games that are a lot more difficult than modern games. I actually enjoy old games a lot and I'm only 15.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Mar. 07, 2012

Most games worth their salt in this era will offer difficulty settings that equal, and in many cases surpass, the difficulty of older games.

Also, it should be noted that a lot of the "difficulty" in many old games was due to technological limitations, shoddy programming, bugs, and general intentional padding via frustrating mechanics to lengthen gameplay time artificially.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Raigeko13 - Mar. 07, 2012

(Mar. 02, 2012  6:02 PM)Hazel Wrote: X7 was a horrible atrocity of a game where they tried to do too many things they were evidently incompetent at in far too little time and on too little of a budget.

Command Mission is extremely short, but still pretty fun.

X7.. Don't remind me I bought that..

Oh God, Command Mission is one of my favorites. I just absolutely loved the turn based strategy, story, and the customability of characters. (like weapons)

I never could be the Fox thing after you beat the game.
Or the Dandelion girls.
Screw them all to hell, with Sigma.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Mar. 07, 2012

I do not recall having any particular notion of difficulty with anything in that game - one of the main complaints is that it is actually very easy for its genre, which, coupled with having incredibly little content, leads to it really leaving a sour taste in your mouth if you paid full price for it like I did.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - blitzydaunicorn - Mar. 07, 2012

For all the vita owners out there, Scion is letting PSN users download Motorstorm RC for free in the PSN Store. Hurry because it only lasts today!
http://vita.ign.com/articles/122/1220006p1.html

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Mar. 21, 2012

I suck at MotorStorm RC.

(Dec. 22, 2011  5:45 PM)Dude Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2011  3:23 AM)To Wrote: It'll probably just be a bonus for buying the Blu-Ray version of the .hack movie. Scamco's been doing the Game/Movie combo packs and they've been working out very well for them.

Don't burst my bubble, now, that's just cruel Gasp

If that's the case, I'll just have to get the DVD in question :p

bubble omae wa mo shindeiru

It's a pack-in for the Blu-Ray release of the movie, oh, and btw it's a fighting game.

Yeah, screw you CyberConnect2.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Mar. 21, 2012

Well... that's pretty bad, but I'm not necessarily against the idea. Even if I generally hate fighting games, there actually have been a few that I've greatly enjoyed, like the BlazBlue series (Which I would find amazing, if only they'd stop revamping Continuum Shift) and even the most recent installement of Mortal Kombat. Fighters can do it for me.

Plus, if the roster is wide enough and contains a lot of the cool characters in the series, this could turn out pretty sweet. Sure, an RPG would have been nice, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the idea of playing a fighter in which I can control Tri-Edge (a.k.a The coolest character ever)

Then again, it's also pretty easy to mess up a fighting game...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Mar. 21, 2012

Dude, I'm kinda surprised your not a big Soul Caliber fan. I own Soul Caliber 2, and Soul Caliber 3, and I just love them! ^^

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Mar. 21, 2012

I was never really great at Soul Calibur games... I did enjoy sending myself and others flying off of ice stages in SC2 using Nightmare, though.

I think Khilik was my not-goofy main, but I honestly cannot remember at this point... I am also not a big fan of fighting games any more, but I used to participate in arcade tournaments when I was younger.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Mar. 22, 2012

fighting games aren't very high on my list. I like games like Zelda and Mega Man, so I was completely surprised by how much I loved Soul Caliber.

I like to use Yoshimitsu and Link a lot in Soul Caliber 2. I've only had Soul Caliber 3 for about a week or so, so I pretty much mostly use Tira so far.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Mar. 22, 2012

So, kinda going on a leap, here, assuming that someone in the WBO Community knows the answer to my question.

Rayman 3: Hoodlums Havoc popped up on the Playstation Network recently and it's a game I remember quite fondly from my childhood, but I was wondering if anyone knew if the game also came with French voice over. Back then, I essentially didn't speak a word of english except maybe for ketchup and mustard, but I do remember that the game was really funny, so, if anyone knows if there's the French voice acting, then I'm totally buying it.

André was hilarious, if I recall correctly XD

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Mar. 22, 2012

I cannot find anything about the voice options anywhere online at all... however, on Youtube, there are french trailer videos with french text, so there's a fair possibility of voiceover also being french...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Mar. 22, 2012

Hey, here's a cool trailer for the whole Hybrid Pack for the movie .hack//Beyond the World thing that also contains that infamous .hack fighting game!

We get a few shots of gameplay for the fighter, too and, to be honest, it looks pretty good! Since this is just some extra stuff for the Pack, I'm guessing it'll be nothing big, but it at least looks good!

Managed to post this before To! Hehehe...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Mar. 23, 2012

I actually saw that a while ago but didn't want to post it since I didn't think the game looked good. ;p

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Mar. 23, 2012

Dang it! Pinching_eyes_2

You don't think it looks good? For something that was probably made for the sole purpose of being an extra for the Hybrid Pack, I think it looks mighty fine '_'

I do hope that there are more characters than just Haseo and the three from the movie...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Mar. 23, 2012

I'm kind of angry at Versus existing and being hyped as something big in the franchise earlier so my judgment may be a bit cloudy.