World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Feb. 15, 2012

(Feb. 14, 2012  9:52 PM)Hazel Wrote: Most of the games were ported or offered as DLC, though. PSO works out a lot better on PC, and PSO2 is in the making - which will undoubtedly blow PSO, PSU, PSUP, PSUP2, and PSO:BB out of the water like a depth charge at two feet.
But what about nastalgiac feeling? Tongue_out But you do have a good point. And I'm extremely excited for PSO2. Is it still a Japan-only release? O.o

(Feb. 15, 2012  1:15 AM)Hazel Wrote: I do not think anime ever really convey anything about a Game.

Watch the story, or play the story? Hmm...
Anime don't do a very good job, but sometimes the manga will blow the anime out of the water. Ever read Pokemon Adventures? XD

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Feb. 15, 2012

I'm not big enough on Nostalgia to drop a sixth of a paycheque on a game system - and, like I said, all of the games I care about, I have their respective ports. PSO2 is still looking like a Japanese release, but I doubt it will stay that way.

I've read all of PokéSpe up to the DP arc(which was where it just got boring and stupid, so I ditched it). The Pokémon anime is about Ash, not anything remotely related to the games or the actual Pokémon world relative to their games.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Rustled Jimmies - Feb. 15, 2012

I actually owe a lot to the PokeSpe DP arc. I learned a lot about and was inspired by manzai to start a webcomic based on manzai. I don't do a very good job, though, since I use English wordplay than Japanese.

Technically, Ash IS considered "Red", which was what the very first Pokemon game centered on, but they named him after the creator of Pokemon, Satoshi something something. But they made "Red" travel everywhere instead of making new characters based on the games' mains to be the focus. The only time they did that was that Raikou special with Gold and Crystal, with "Vincent" to tie in with the main anime. Sapphire/May/Haruka and Platinum/Dawn/Hikari were only added to replace Misty/Kasumi and create more shipping. Then Best Wishes/Black and White changed that all together. Which was super lame. Either way, yeah, the anime focuses mainly on Ash/Red because it was a way for the main hero of the first games to carry on to the other games.

Despite this, PokeSpe is the best rendition of the Pokemon story ever. And the DP arc got better towards the end, where they had to separate (won't spoil anymore). Personally, I found R/S/E's and D/P/Pl's game plots to be my more favorites, but the manga didn't do D/P and Pl much justice.

That's enough ranting for me. I'd talk more about Danball Senki as well, but I haven't watched enough gameplay vids, or even play the game, to compare it properly.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - lord Wolfblade - Feb. 18, 2012

so my uncle gave me Soul Calibur 1 for my dreamcast just last weekend
this game is amazing for its time Grin. but... my dreamcast doesn't seem to want to play it anymore (it shows the saga part, and then it goes back to the dreamcast menu), and sometimes my dreamcast doesnt even read the disk...
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hale Tenebrae - Feb. 19, 2012

I recently bought a Nintendo 64 off ebay, and I am going to start playing soon.

So Legend of Zelda, here I come! Get prepared for a butwhooping Ganon!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - njrk97 - Feb. 19, 2012

(Feb. 19, 2012  12:24 AM)Lucellus Wrote: I recently bought a Nintendo 64 off ebay, and I am going to start playing soon.

So Legend of Zelda, here I come! Get prepared for a butwhooping Ganon!

dont forget to grab banjo tooie and kazooie and donkey kong 64 their some of the best games on it and mario 64 ans super smash bros 64

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Feb. 20, 2012

(Feb. 18, 2012  10:05 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: so my uncle gave me Soul Calibur 1 for my dreamcast just last weekend
this game is amazing for its time Grin. but... my dreamcast doesn't seem to want to play it anymore (it shows the saga part, and then it goes back to the dreamcast menu), and sometimes my dreamcast doesnt even read the disk...
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Get some nice disk fixer. The stuff is pretty cheap and you'll love it forever. Tongue_out

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Feb. 22, 2012

Posting from my Vita, feels good man.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Feb. 22, 2012

The last time I bought something Sony made right out of the gates, I ended up owning one video game for it for more than a year...

I assume you had the forethought to make sure numerous titles were coming out, To?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Rustled Jimmies - Feb. 22, 2012

(Feb. 22, 2012  11:29 PM)To Wrote: Posting from my Vita, feels good man.

You're typing from your Vita? Is it like typing on the touch screen of a smart phone?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Feb. 22, 2012

I'm actually having a difficult time choosing what launch titles to get since a few interest me, and money isn't unlimited. Post launch, but before June titles that I'm getting for sure are LittleBigPlanet, and Gravity Rush.

(Feb. 22, 2012  11:35 PM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2012  11:29 PM)To Wrote: Posting from my Vita, feels good man.

You're typing from your Vita? Is it like typing on the touch screen of a smart phone?

Yes, and because the screen is large it doesn't take ages to do.

Here's the actual keyboard interface:

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - blitzydaunicorn - Feb. 23, 2012

(Feb. 22, 2012  11:38 PM)To Wrote: Yes, and because the screen is large it doesn't take ages to do.

Here's the actual keyboard interface:

Oh yea, I remember there is a feature that lets the Vita take pictures of what ever is on the screen. Sweet.

As soon as my mom is done tutoring, I'm going to Gamestop to pick up my Vita. I going to pick up Rayman Origins and download Super Stardust Delta on the PS Store. Soon, I will be typing to you guys using my vita also!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Feb. 23, 2012

Build quality on Vita is very good. It just feels "right". The d-pad in particular is absolutely amazing, like best one Sony's ever made amazing. If you're someone jumping from the 3DS to the Vita the d-pads are world's apart. The 3DS one is floaty, and quite honestly bad. The Vita one is very firm and responsive.

I'm also really enjoying the user interface. Everything's very warm, and welcoming, which is a nice contrast to Sony's previous UI like the XMB.

That said, I'm having issues with stability. I've had the thing crash on me a few times, and the browser is pretty limited since it doesn't support Flash (Sony says since Adobe's abandoning it they're not sure if they should bother), and advanced HTML5. I'm also slightly disappointed in the amount of PSP titles on PSN that are compatible with it. All can be fixed in firmware updates, so I'm not too concerned.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Feb. 23, 2012

I actually don't use my 3DS D-Pad, but in my hands, the 3DS feels the way you described the Vita. I'll definitely keep an eye on the Vita, since handheld gaming is by far my preference... I'm more likely to play an "okay" or "mediocre" game on a handheld for infinitely more time than a really good, or even "perfect" console game...

The PSP was a little shoddy at first in those respects, too, iirc(Aside from backwards compatibility obviously, lol).

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - blitzydaunicorn - Feb. 24, 2012

Im writing this from my vita. I have to agree with hazel on the portable vs home console topic. I am putting a lot of time into the vita and I am enjoying every second. From my experience, every game has amazing graphics.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Feb. 24, 2012

Just my two cents.

I'm really carping tired of gamers bitching about localized Japanese games and going 'Plz japasne voices with sub, no dub PLZ!' Hey! We have extremely talented voice actor in America, they sound great and can perform just as well as the Japanese folks! This is something that's happening a lot with the soon-to-come Tales of Graces F where ungrateful, bitchy fans go 'I hope it comes with dual language option!!!' Yeah, to my knowledge, no Tales game has ever come with dual language option, so I doubt they would start with Graces. Just be grateful that we're getting the game at all, you arrogant losers!

God... I just don't get it, the Graces F dub sounds pretty damn good, so far, why would they want dual language?!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Feb. 24, 2012

I can understand the sentiment behind wanting a game to be sub-only if it means that it could be localized (though the American branches of Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft generally frown down upon releases without English voice acting) but that's not really the case here. It's just weaboos wanting options.

(Feb. 24, 2012  3:36 AM)blitzydaunicorn Wrote: Im writing this from my vita. I have to agree with hazel on the portable vs home console topic. I am putting a lot of time into the vita and I am enjoying every second. From my experience, every game has amazing graphics.

I'm really impressed by how fast everything is. Going from one game to another, or launching other apps is incredibly quick. I'm also loving the multi-tasking, though I wish I didn't have to exit videos, and browsing while playing games. It's actually pretty cool to have universal custom soundtracks on a handheld.

Have you played any PSP games on it? I've tried Monster Hunter, and mapping the camera controls to the second analog stick makes the game a tonne more enjoyable.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Feb. 25, 2012

(Feb. 24, 2012  3:02 PM)Dude Wrote: Just my two cents.

I'm really carping tired of gamers bitching about localized Japanese games and going 'Plz japasne voices with sub, no dub PLZ!' Hey! We have extremely talented voice actor in America, they sound great and can perform just as well as the Japanese folks! This is something that's happening a lot with the soon-to-come Tales of Graces F where ungrateful, bitchy fans go 'I hope it comes with dual language option!!!' Yeah, to my knowledge, no Tales game has ever come with dual language option, so I doubt they would start with Graces. Just be grateful that we're getting the game at all, you arrogant losers!

God... I just don't get it, the Graces F dub sounds pretty damn good, so far, why would they want dual language?!

I know more than five people who have outright refused to buy otherwise excellent games because japanese vocals were not available.

Weeaboos are the pond scum of the gaming/online community.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - blitzydaunicorn - Feb. 25, 2012

(Feb. 24, 2012  7:02 PM)To Wrote: I'm really impressed by how fast everything is. Going from one game to another, or launching other apps is incredibly quick. I'm also loving the multi-tasking, though I wish I didn't have to exit videos, and browsing while playing games. It's actually pretty cool to have universal custom soundtracks on a handheld.

Have you played any PSP games on it? I've tried Monster Hunter, and mapping the camera controls to the second analog stick makes the game a tonne more enjoyable.

I haven't gotten any PSP games on it yet due to the fact that I have played almost every game in the shop. Im considering buying Monster Hunter Freedom Unite again, but I think I will get Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack or Escape Plan instead. To, is there anyway you can play music and games at the same time? It pauses the song when I start playing Rayman: Origins.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - 3-Dog - Feb. 25, 2012

I don't understand why you would want to play something in Japanese when the English dub is perfectly fine? If you understand Japanese then great but if you don't then why do people feel the need to play the game in Japanese instead of English? It makes no sense to do something like that unless they're trying to show everyone how superior and awesome they are..

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, even if there's a really good game, if it's in a foreign language I won't be able to play it because constantly having to read subtitles and hearing gibberish (to my ears, of course) takes away my emotional involvement from the game.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Feb. 25, 2012

I have Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, and it's great. Haven't tried Escape Plan yet, since I'm trying to go 1:1 in terms of completion and purchases. I also want to trim down on some of my PSP backlog like I did with DS games on 3DS.

As for music, Rayman may be an outlier. Some games disable features for some odd reasons. I know Uncharted turns off all online settings so it can conserve battery power, and I know Capcom went out of their way to disable screenshots in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. I'm not sure why studios would opt out of features that are built in. It's more work for them to do that...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Feb. 25, 2012

(Feb. 25, 2012  1:05 AM)Zain Wrote: I don't understand why you would want to play something in Japanese when the English dub is perfectly fine? If you understand Japanese then great but if you don't then why do people feel the need to play the game in Japanese instead of English? It makes no sense to do something like that unless they're trying to show everyone how superior and awesome they are..

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, even if there's a really good game, if it's in a foreign language I won't be able to play it because constantly having to read subtitles and hearing gibberish (to my ears, of course) takes away my emotional involvement from the game.

This is precisely the issue with the whole breed. They either worship themselves, or a culture they do not know anything about other than "anime! robots! NINJERS"

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Feb. 26, 2012

(Feb. 25, 2012  12:34 AM)Hazel Wrote: I know more than five people who have outright refused to buy otherwise excellent games because japanese vocals were not available.

Now that's just pitiful.

What game were they, out of curiosity?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Feb. 27, 2012

What do you guys think of homebrew games? A lot of them kinda suck, but there are some pretty good ones out there. ^^ (Homebrew is when people make their own games and play them on consoles. In other words, its fan games)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Feb. 27, 2012

(Feb. 26, 2012  1:24 PM)Dude Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2012  12:34 AM)Hazel Wrote: I know more than five people who have outright refused to buy otherwise excellent games because japanese vocals were not available.

Now that's just pitiful.

What game were they, out of curiosity?

I'm fairly certain it was one of the Tales of games... and a Megaman X game, too(X8, maybe? I know it wasn't X7 or Command Mission...).

It is actually a decently popular phenomenon, which is just... migraine inducing. Honestly, if people would get their heads out of Japan's butt and actually see the country as it is, rather than ANIMU AND VIDIYA GAEM, the weeaboo population would at least be reduced enough that it wouldn't be as overwhelmingly stupid as it currently is... but, instead, people become so obsessed with things Japan makes that they view the country and its language(and everything else about it) as superior for absolutely no valid reason...

I've been on the internet for twelve years, almost exclusively in communities based around games and shows of japanese origin, and I have seen amounts of stupid I cannot put to actual words. Not the most of which, in fact, being many people who downloaded IME to type english words in japanese characters.

Petitions against games and boycotting because of lack of Japanese VAs is, sadly, one of the less moronic displays... and it's still the kind of logic one would only expect a four year old to display.

(Feb. 27, 2012  2:11 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote: What do you guys think of homebrew games? A lot of them kinda suck, but there are some pretty good ones out there. ^^ (Homebrew is when people make their own games and play them on consoles. In other words, its fan games)

I have not actually personally ever played a homebrew game, and I really kind of question the point... but, then again, all of my gaming is series-related.