World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - 3-Dog - Jan. 21, 2012

I doubt it's worth purchasing the Vita early on, should probably wait for a good line-up of games before you even think about getting the Vita. That's what caused the Wii to tank in the long run, the games coming out for it just weren't good enough, so I have my doubts about the WiiU too.

Looks pretty silly to me, if I'm completely honest.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Jan. 21, 2012

It's difficult to gauge handhelds with how they look, too. Nearly everyone thought the DS was insipid when it first came out, but it turned out being the most successful handheld Nintendo ever produced.

It's usually best to wait until there are 3 or more games you can buy for a system, or for a price drop.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - 3-Dog - Jan. 21, 2012

Heard the rumours of the 'XBOX 720' supposedly scheduled to make an appearance at E3 2012? Exciting stuff! I have a really good feeling about E3 this year and gaming in general. Really hoping we get GTA V and Fallout 4.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 21, 2012

Wow. Xbox 720, that's not predictable in the slightest.

But hey, this is Microsoft, so I'm guessing they'll probably churn out something like that.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Jan. 21, 2012

As long as it packs the same third parties as the 360 did, they can call it the XBOX Ultimate Red Ring Party Box for all I care.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jan. 21, 2012

The codename for the Nextbox is "Loop". Any 720 non-sense is from people online.

As for Vita, PSP is my favourite platform of this generation, so I don't have any qualms in dropping money for Vita. Gravity Rush looks amazing, and that's a very early Vita title (it comes out next month in Japan, and will be launch window in North America).

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Rustled Jimmies - Jan. 22, 2012

Do they say why they call it the Loop (besides the 720 nonsense)?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Jan. 22, 2012

Codenames are often pretty ridiculous... I think it was either the Wii or the GameCube that was Codename Dolphin...?

I enjoy my PSP, but I only have 6 games for it... and I've had it since the original North American launch. Sony just absolutely does not pander to my tastes, outside of the Kingdom Hearts franchise...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Blazeburn - Jan. 22, 2012

XENOBLADE IS THE BEST GAME ON WII.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Viral - Jan. 22, 2012

So i decided to buy Sonic colours for my wii and its great.

It's challenging although im only up to stage 3 because i just bought it with my allowance.

It is preowned for 27 dollars the new one was around 40-50 but they didnt have it anyway.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Jan. 22, 2012

Sonic Colors is one of the more well-received Sonic games in recent years, although Generations seems to be making a fool of everything else...

There is nothing wrong with buying Pre-Owned games as long as you do not have a compromised immune system. Having worked in a video game retail store myself, I can promise you the sanitation is horrifying.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jan. 22, 2012

(Jan. 22, 2012  12:08 AM)Hazel Wrote: Codenames are often pretty ridiculous... I think it was either the Wii or the GameCube that was Codename Dolphin...?

I enjoy my PSP, but I only have 6 games for it... and I've had it since the original North American launch. Sony just absolutely does not pander to my tastes, outside of the Kingdom Hearts franchise...

GameCube was Dolphin. Wii was Revolution. Heck, Vita was Next Generation Portable.

What exactly would be your taste? Sony's by far the most diverse of the first party software houses in terms of content. The only thing PSP is under represented in are genres where it's traditionally made by Western studios. First person shooters also don't really work on PSP due to control scheme limitations.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - 3-Dog - Jan. 22, 2012

I don't think anyone believes the next Xbox will be named XBOX 720. It's purely tongue in cheek.

Funny how the Wii's codename was much better than the actual name.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jan. 22, 2012

(Jan. 22, 2012  10:43 AM)To Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2012  12:08 AM)Hazel Wrote: Codenames are often pretty ridiculous... I think it was either the Wii or the GameCube that was Codename Dolphin...?

GameCube was Dolphin. Wii was Revolution. Heck, Vita was Next Generation Portable.
And the old SEGA systems were codenamed after planets. I'm guessing the SEGA Saturn was the only one to keep it's codename....

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Chups - Jan. 22, 2012

;_; I realllly want skyrim but school is coming up and I am scared I'll get addicted. Any help?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Viral - Jan. 23, 2012

(Jan. 22, 2012  11:07 PM)Chups Wrote: ;_; I realllly want skyrim but school is coming up and I am scared I'll get addicted. Any help?
It's best* if you don't buy it, my brother cannot stop playing I and school is coming as well. He will always find someway to play on the weekdays.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Jan. 23, 2012

(Jan. 22, 2012  11:07 PM)Chups Wrote: ;_; I realllly want skyrim but school is coming up and I am scared I'll get addicted. Any help?

Skyrim Anonymous

So today, my brother went to play Pokemon Ruby, and when he got to the menu, it said that the battery in the cartridge ran out, and that the time features of the game would no longer work. The game was also making weird noises. I still have Emerald so it's not super bad I guess.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Jan. 23, 2012

(Jan. 23, 2012  2:00 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:

Skyrim Anonymous

So today, my brother went to play Pokemon Ruby, and when he got to the menu, it said that the battery in the cartridge ran out, and that the time features of the game would no longer work. The game was also making weird noises. I still have Emerald so it's not super bad I guess.

Ruby and Sapphire do this, yes. They also do it if you hit 999:99 playtime, which is how I initially found out about it, back when I was 16.

It is important that you learn to manage your time while still enjoying video games. Get it, and set yourself a time limit on how much you can play - parents are often more than happy to accomodate enforcing such limitations, too. Smile

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Rustled Jimmies - Jan. 23, 2012

(Jan. 22, 2012  10:43 AM)To Wrote: First person shooters also don't really work on PSP due to control scheme limitations.

How about a third-person shooter? The Black Rock Shooter game (Japan only atm...ATM) is essentially a TPS-RPG, where you walk/run to enemies to encounter them, then you move the cursor to aim and hold down a button to fire, or press one of the shoulder buttons and the next "key" button to use a special move. You only have 3 places to move to: left, right, and center, which is like Mr. Game and Watch-fashion games. I've honestly never liked TPS' like Resident Evil (actually, I can't stand RE, and most zombie games), but this one was...okay.

Also found out recently that the O button in Japan is our X button, and vice versa. I was wondering why the controls were so confusing in BRS...

Also, yay, beat another game since Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (late December). Halo ODST on Heroic, which is, personally, an achievement to me. I've never beaten an FPS game outside of Normal difficulty, though Modern Warfare 1 was my first time attempting it (got stuck after). Woot. Go me. XD

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Chups - Jan. 23, 2012

(Jan. 23, 2012  2:00 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:

Skyrim Anonymous

Not following the skyrim anonymous? What do you mean?

He means a support group like Alcoholics Anonymous.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jan. 23, 2012

(Jan. 23, 2012  4:05 AM)Hazel Wrote: He means a support group like Alcoholics Anonymous.
Hah, I thought he meant that hacker group! XD

Does anybody here know of any fan games projects that are currently going on, and are near completion, or at least have a demo out? Other than Mega Man Perfect Harmony, that is.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Jan. 23, 2012

Man, you guys need to get out more! (But not to drink, haha)

There's actually a really good chance I hit that time Hazel. It's unfortunate, but hopefully they decide to finally release a Pokemon game on the 3DS or Wii shop that isn't Puzzle League or Snap. I'm just curious what features in the game utilize the time...

Berry growing, the Lilycove Shop Clearance Sales on Saturdays, time-related evolutions(assuming you trade an Eevee from another game), etc. GameFAQs and so forth mention it quite a lot, since the time issue was a very well-known one.

I hit the 999:99 time cap two separate times on Sapphire, back in the day. Across all RSE games, I have put in close to 3500 hours, in the last six years. Somewhere around 1200 in DPPtHGSS main-series games. Counting spin-offs, it could be nearly as high as the RSE titles...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - S.D.C - Jan. 23, 2012

... Wow ... Dude you play a lot of Pokemon Smile