World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - xSora10 - Jan. 18, 2012

Lol, you guys forgot about that?

I use those all the time on vacation..

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 18, 2012

Exactly.

Unless you have a really old car that's physically incapable of having a plug in it (Like Kai-V's car, for example)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jan. 19, 2012

(Jan. 18, 2012  11:34 PM)Dude Wrote: Exactly.

Unless you have a really old car that's physically incapable of having a plug in it (Like Kai-V's car, for example)
I don't know some cars don't have those... Poor Kai-V... XD

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Jan. 19, 2012

(Jan. 19, 2012  12:50 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2012  11:34 PM)Dude Wrote: Exactly.

I don't know some cars don't have those... Poor Kai-V... XD

Her car is just unique (Click to View)

Yeah like To said, I actually ran out of power in the summer with my 3DS in a car. Pain in the butt. All of a sudden, flashing red lights, then OoT 3D progress gone. I was actually trying to do a speed run for a 6 hour ride, and I was doing incredibly well. But then it turned off about 3 hours in and you could imagine how mad I was.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 19, 2012

I assume your car lacked a plug, then?

Sad, but you had to see it coming ^^'

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Jan. 19, 2012

Nah, my car had a plug, I just don't have the car adapter.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Jan. 19, 2012

I'm not sure why, but for some reason, I care more about a system's games than its battery life...

Perhaps I do not "get" you nitpicky young folk, but if I ever see someone actually say "I bought a x because its battery life is half an hour longer than y's", I think that will be the day common sense shot itself in the head while leaping from the top of the empire state building.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - xSora10 - Jan. 19, 2012

Well of course the games are important too, but if the console is dead...can't play the games.

The games are definitely important, but you need to have both. You don't have good battery life, you can't play the good games. And if you don't have the good games, you might as well not even have a system.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jan. 19, 2012

(Jan. 19, 2012  6:08 PM)Hazel Wrote: Perhaps I do not "get" you nitpicky young folk, but if I ever see someone actually say "I bought a x because its battery life is half an hour longer than y's", I think that will be the day common sense shot itself in the head while leaping from the top of the empire state building.
Too bad that day was on July 12, 1957. Uncertain

On a serious note, does anybody know some good place to buy a SEGA Genesis?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Jan. 19, 2012

(Jan. 19, 2012  6:28 PM)Ryu-X Wrote: Well of course the games are important too, but if the console is dead...can't play the games.

The games are definitely important, but you need to have both. You don't have good battery life, you can't play the good games. And if you don't have the good games, you might as well not even have a system.

There are many ways to counter poor battery life. Zero ways to counter terrible game lineups.

(Jan. 19, 2012  9:46 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2012  6:08 PM)Hazel Wrote: Perhaps I do not "get" you nitpicky young folk, but if I ever see someone actually say "I bought a x because its battery life is half an hour longer than y's", I think that will be the day common sense shot itself in the head while leaping from the top of the empire state building.
Too bad that day was on July 12, 1957. Uncertain

On a serious note, does anybody know some good place to buy a SEGA Genesis?

eBay.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - xSora10 - Jan. 19, 2012

Well there are always good games for one type of system, for everyone. So I don't see that as a huge issue...

Then again, it's not like I play much.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jan. 20, 2012

(Jan. 19, 2012  11:10 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2012  9:46 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: On a serious note, does anybody know some good place to buy a SEGA Genesis?

eBay.
Other than Ebay please. I don't like auction sites very much.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Jan. 20, 2012

Flea markets, local pawn shops... those are usually the best places to check, but eBay will have the best selection and price ranges. I am not really sure how one could dislike auction sites that feature a Buy It Now function... shopping on eBay is faster and simpler than any online store.

~Signed,
Internet Impulse Buy Captain

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Annoying-Fork - Jan. 20, 2012

I really cannot believe people don't ever mention video trading stores. The places which conveniently accept vintage hardware. I built most of my collection from those.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Jan. 20, 2012

There's a really good one near me. It's my first stop for anything video games. They have tons of old gaming stuff, but they also have fantastic deals on new games and even super awesome trade in deals.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jan. 20, 2012

(Jan. 19, 2012  6:08 PM)Hazel Wrote: I'm not sure why, but for some reason, I care more about a system's games than its battery life...

Perhaps I do not "get" you nitpicky young folk, but if I ever see someone actually say "I bought a x because its battery life is half an hour longer than y's", I think that will be the day common sense shot itself in the head while leaping from the top of the empire state building.

Back in the day many a Nintendo fan would make fun of the PSP's 5 hour battery life.

I think both the 3DS, and Vita's battery life numbers aren't that great, but it's not going to stop me from owning them. I already own a 3DS, and will get a Vita.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Jan. 20, 2012

I'm pretty sure there is literally nothing more asinine than console/brand fanboy wars.

"Your taste in games isn't the same as mine, you're a poop face!"

Stay in the sandbox.

Anyway, I've never really even taken battery life into consideration... I've always either got a charger or car adapter right next to me if I'm on some kind of long marathon, and most of the time I spend playing my handhelds is actually around the house anyway.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - 3-Dog - Jan. 20, 2012

The PS Vita is so dang expensive.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 21, 2012

(Jan. 20, 2012  6:23 AM)sza3 Wrote: The PS Vita is so dang expensive.

Get a job. If you're too young, then bug the hell out of your parents for them to get it to you on a special occasion.

On a completely unrelated note, I think I might have a semi-serious problem: I can't stop listening to .hack//G.U's OST. Gentle Hands, Location of Power, The Whereabouts of Truth, You Smiled Kindly, Deepest Memoeries, Aura, Here I Come. I'm probably talking gibberish for most, but... I've been listening to those for hours! Of course, it's just background music, but... isn't that kinda manic? XD

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Jan. 21, 2012

Technology being expensive isn't new - especially not when it comes to Sony.

It's cheaper than I was expecting, though, especially after their hilarious price differences on the PS3 for such incredibly small amounts of HD space.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - 3-Dog - Jan. 21, 2012

(Jan. 21, 2012  3:19 AM)Dude Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2012  6:23 AM)sza3 Wrote: The PS Vita is so dang expensive.

Get a job. If you're too young, then bug the hell out of your parents for them to get it to you on a special occasion.

On a completely unrelated note, I think I might have a semi-serious problem: I can't stop listening to .hack//G.U's OST. Gentle Hands, Location of Power, The Whereabouts of Truth, You Smiled Kindly, Deepest Memoeries, Aura, Here I Come. I'm probably talking gibberish for most, but... I've been listening to those for hours! Of course, it's just background music, but... isn't that kinda manic? XD

I turn 20 in a week. It's not that I can't afford it, it's that it'll put a massive dent in my pocket.

I'm guessing you both are American? The price for the 3G/Wifi model is $299 over there which isn't bad at all. I'm in the UK, our price for it converted to dollars is about $440. Think I'll wait for a price slash.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 21, 2012

Well, I'm Canadian, but I don't know for Hazel. I think he's from the US? Uncertain

Anyway, I get your problem, now. Everytime I have to spend more than 100 bucks at once, I feel like having a heart attack. It doesn't help that I'm incredibly cheap.

Hopefully, it will deliver enjoyment equal to the price... I'll just wait for Persona 4: The Golden to come out before getting that console, anyway.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - xSora10 - Jan. 21, 2012

I don't think anyone would like to spend more than $100 unless absolutely necessary....

$20 a week? That's a smidge more than what I get...maybe you could order it from the USA? Unless you can't, or unless it would cost more..

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Rustled Jimmies - Jan. 21, 2012

Y'know, I don't buy a system unless I can get a game for it. Like for the 3DS, I just have to wait for Professor Layton and the Magical Mask (US title tentative). For the PS3, TOTALLY Tales of Graces f (and some games like Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean 4, and Transformers WFC come later lol). For the Vita? Eh, not important.

Edit:
On a gaming-related note, I've started playing ODST for the sake of keeping up with the story. Sadly, I realized the mistake of playing Heroic for the first time. I'm a noob at Halo; I get more deaths than I do kills. But I got far enough on my own that I didn't want to start over. I'm now stuck because I hate Brute Chieftains...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Jan. 21, 2012

(Jan. 21, 2012  1:57 PM)Dude Wrote: Well, I'm Canadian, but I don't know for Hazel. I think he's from the US? Uncertain

Anyway, I get your problem, now. Everytime I have to spend more than 100 bucks at once, I feel like having a heart attack. It doesn't help that I'm incredibly cheap.

Hopefully, it will deliver enjoyment equal to the price... I'll just wait for Persona 4: The Golden to come out before getting that console, anyway.

I am from the US, yes.

I get the same jittery feeling about dropping loads of money - mostly because I immediately start doing vague math in my head about what fraction of my very small monthly income it turns out to be. That said, sometimes I simply prioritize entertainment over food. I can eat cheap for a month on only $200~, which leaves me around $350 to drop on whatever I want... however, this is only a rule I abide for console releases and so forth, not a common thing...