World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Aug. 12, 2011

Wow...

That's pretty impressive. I didn't think anyone would be insane enough to put money, effort or thought into this...

I'll probably see this in the bargain bin, in a year, for three bucks and buy it for the sheer laugh it will create.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Aug. 12, 2011

When people talk about Game of the Generation, most will say Uncharted 3, The Last Guardian or something. I will be able to say Jerry Rice and Nitus' Dog Football.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Aug. 12, 2011

...What happened? Where is the sense in the gaming industry? (This is what happens when multiple sports lock out at the same time. People have WAY too much time on their hands. Get it together, NBA.) Anyway, I will buy this as an unfortunate Christmas present for someone I don't like. It can't be any worse than anything in the Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers series, hah. Nice avatar, To

Wait, apparently, this is a real sport. There IS A DOGGY SUPER BOWL. Chihuahuas will win one day! Until then, we'll be seeing a LOT of German Shepherds.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Aug. 12, 2011

OH MY GOSH
JERRY RICE DOG FOOTBALL IS PART OF THE PETS SPORTS LEAGUE SERIES
I need to buy this game to support future endeavors.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Aug. 12, 2011

...There's a SERIES? Oh, lord. This can only end in humiliation for the developers.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Aug. 14, 2011

So, remember that Namco Bandai teaser site I posted a while ago? The one that featured a calm lake at night with a soothing music and a rather poetic Japanese sentence?

Apparently, it's for a game called "I Don't Have Many Friends Portable"

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/newtitle/

Seriously...

I think Namco Bandai's just carp with us, at this point Uncertain

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Aug. 14, 2011

So will ❤❤kawaii-kun❤❤ be my friend?❤❤❤❤❤❤ sougoiiii!!!❤❤❤

In other news, I present you a visual comparison between the PS2, and PS3 versions of Ico, and Shadow of the Colosus. Two of, arguably the best video games of all time have been retouched for their HD release.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Aug. 16, 2011

Teaser Website tiiime! ~

Yep, another one, though this one at least isn't from Namco Bandai, but rather from Cyber Connect 2, the company responsible for developping my favourite series of all time, .hack//G.U

http://www.cc2.co.jp/newtitle/index.php

It features a kinda sketchy drawing of some pretty big medieval-like city with people walking around and the ominous words "This page is opened 6 days after" Which is obviously a countdown for something.

Also, as the days passes, the sketch slightly gets colored.

Wonder what it could be Uncertain

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Aug. 16, 2011

...This actually interests me. I want me a new .hack game, but that's not really likely.

It does slightly ressemble a city and feel of a Root Town from the games, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm guessing that they wouldn't have a farewell party for a franchise they'd bring back like a month later XD

But hey, could still be interesting. As long as it's not 'I Don't Have Many Friends Portable', I'll be good.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Aug. 16, 2011

I am getting my hopes up. I liked that series, despite the crappy .Hack Liminality anime. Ah, well. I agree, if it's not too bad, I welcome it. It seems that teaser websites are all over the place now. It IS the information age, though, to quote Haruhi Suzumiya.

Gamestop actually has a release date for Tales of Graces Æ’, for pre-order. It is set for February 7 of 2012.

That would be a petty cool date, although I do wonder why they wouldn't hurry their carp asses and release it like two months early for Christmas, y'know, when all the kiddies can ask their parents for presents?

Then again, that release date would have to be accurate, which it might not be Uncertain

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Aug. 17, 2011

Watch Feb. 7, 2012 be the date Square Enix chooses to drop down FF XIII-2, lol.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Annoying-Fork - Aug. 17, 2011

Um, a fifth version of the well-retired PSP?

http://www.engadget.com/photos/psp-e-1000-0/#4370319

No Wi-Fi

Matte plastic with a more unified design

Exponentially huge UMD door

One speaker? Really?

Matte screen- okay

Europe only release? What the hell about the PS-ONE and PS-TWO (model revisions) Sony?

Why do you care? This is obviously for the little kids, and Sony has released other region-specific PSP models in the past (such as the "Action-Game" PSP for Monster Hunter Portable 3rd in Japan).

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Annoying-Fork - Aug. 17, 2011

I was more perplexed by the limited regional release. But I am aware of the other exclusives yes...

The only way this could be more "kid friendly" is if they put an impact resistant umd drive. You can kiss the kid friendliness goodbye if it cannot take one hit on the ground.....

My UMD PSPs have fell on the floor before, and they still work...

But it seems they've redesigned the UMD bay for this new model entirely.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Aug. 18, 2011

And the most pointless redesign of the millennium goes to:

[Image: wiiredesign.jpg]

All they did was remove Gamecube stuff...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Serotonin - Aug. 18, 2011

I was a little perplexed initially at the logic of releasing a PSP sans Wi-Fi, but having recently dug up my own PSP abot a month ago and not used Wi-Fi once (I've been playing pretty solidly) I think it's a good money saving move. I'm equally impressed at how well my PSP-1000 has aged both in terms of hardware and gameplay.

Wii redesign will seem a little pointless to the majority of gamers, but will definitely make for a good festive present in the upcoming season for casual families, surely? One concern I do have for it, which I read elsewhere, is that it looks quite similar to the Wii U. Nintendo has now taken another step away from differentiating the Wii U from its predecessors, and I can't really see how that is a good marketing move: it will be easy for its demographic to overlook the upcoming Wii U completely.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NoodooSoup - Aug. 18, 2011

Especially since with the Nintendo DS, when all they did was constantly remake it, people will assume it's just an add on or a remade version of the Wii, when it is in fact, a new system.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Aug. 18, 2011

PSP E1000 also only has mono audio, seemingly lacks brightness settings and lacks the PSP expansion port (no video out as the 2000/3000/N1000 units have). Well, it's not for me I suppose.

As for the Wii redesign, my problem is that it looks exactly like the Wii but on its side:

[Image: NZI1E.gif]

Though I guess this could be a problem:

[Image: wii-u.jpg]

The name definitely is.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - lord Wolfblade - Aug. 20, 2011

i wish they would make a proper sequel to chrono trigger

man chrono trigger was, no is the best. such a amazing game. everything about it is just great

i still haven't beaten it though Pinching_eyes_2 (i got to after chrono got "resurrected", but then my save was deleted somehow Crying )

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NoodooSoup - Aug. 20, 2011

On the topic of sequels, I wish they would make an official sequel to Mother 3. Yes, I know of the Mother 4 project and it's turning out great! But I would prefer to play it on my DS or Gameboy than as a ROM. But, you take what you can get, eh?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Aug. 20, 2011

(Aug. 20, 2011  3:45 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: i wish they would make a proper sequel to chrono trigger

man chrono trigger was, no is the best. such a amazing game. everything about it is just great

i still haven't beaten it though Pinching_eyes_2 (i got to after chrono got "resurrected", but then my save was deleted somehow Crying )

Chrono Cross is all you're going to get. The dream team that Squaresoft assembled for the first two games would be impossible to assemble today.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Aug. 27, 2011

Just played Limbo. At three in the morning. Not a game one should play when it's dark out and there's not much noise. Too quiet, too creepy. Hell, I jumped TWICE on the same part. The first was because I slipped off of a rope and landed on a bear trap that I hadn't seen. The second was after I moved it under the rope, and started climbing again. THE END OF THE ROPE SETS OFF THE TRAP, but only the carcass gets caught if you're high enough. But it's scary as hell.