World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jul. 16, 2011

If you need to replace it, Vesperia is on Games on Demand, so you can buy it off the Xbox Live Marketplace. That'll be easier than finding a new copy in Canada, and you wouldn't have to worry about borked discs.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Thresher - Jul. 17, 2011

(Jul. 16, 2011  12:58 PM)Dude Wrote: My Tales of Vesperia CD (Which is essentially the only game I play on my 360, anymore) is crapping up on me...

I basically put it in the console, it takes forever to read and, about 9 times out of 10, it tells me it's a DVD and cannot play it. Sometimes, it actually works super well, but after like 5 minutes of gameplay, the game craps out and a message tells me the disc is unreadable (Even though I was playing the game fine before)

Luckily, it's not the 360 that has problems, since I've tested another game and it works well, but the Vesperia cd doesn't have a scratch on it. It's weird.

It could be an issue with the glue used to put the cover on the HDDVD. I had this issue with a copy of GoW2 that had no visible scratches. I suggest you either install the game onto you hardrive, or cough up the money to get it on demand. (You could trade it in for another copy but that is often hit and miss)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jul. 17, 2011

I appreciate the recommendations, guys, but I already found it for a ridiculously cheap price right here in Montreal XD

I was surprised, too. Good luck, I guess.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Gamer4life - Jul. 17, 2011

did anyone hear about the rumor of an Xbox 720 in 2015 followed by a Wii 2 and Ps4[hopefully they're not rumores and come sooner]

watcha think about it fake or no

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NoodooSoup - Jul. 17, 2011

Wii 2 is not likely, since the Wii U is coming out next year. Nintendo doesn't usually make consoles only 3 years after another.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jul. 17, 2011

Wii 2 would be Wii U, haha.

Personally I see 2013 as the point in which both Microsoft and Sony step into next generation. Both the PS3, and 360's hardware sales are up year over year, unlike Nintendo's who is down, and has a cancerous software market (the sequel to the second best selling game in the US of all time debuted to 30k in sales last month). Thus they're likely to launch first.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Gamer4life - Jul. 17, 2011

(Jul. 16, 2011  5:43 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Which is why I said "possibly useless". Yeah, if Nintendo does this, it'll be a total waste, but I'd get it if it looks cool on my Wii U, hah. Sadly, writing is eating into my RTS time... Hah, I'll get back on Pox Nora one of these days! Hopefully tomorrow.

They already released something like that in 2003, but it was a plugin for the GBA and trust me it looked horrible on the T.V but at the time i didnt own an HD T.V, then again it wouldnt matter because there wasnt an HDMI input for it and it's discontinued...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hytyjin - Jul. 17, 2011

(Jul. 16, 2011  5:43 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Which is why I said "possibly useless". Yeah, if Nintendo does this, it'll be a total waste, but I'd get it if it looks cool on my Wii U, hah. Sadly, writing is eating into my RTS time... Hah, I'll get back on Pox Nora one of these days! Hopefully tomorrow.

Crazy Expencive ! if nintendo does do something ther is a chance that it could be for the regular wii aswell but still unless some is willing to pay a lump some of money to buy something like that it would be a waste

and also do u hav to get off 3ds every 20 min the stare at something for 20 sec so your eyes dont screw up

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NoodooSoup - Jul. 17, 2011

(Jul. 17, 2011  10:48 PM)Total Gecko Wrote:

Crazy Expencive ! if nintendo does do something ther is a chance that it could be for the regular wii aswell but still unless some is willing to pay a lump some of money to buy something like that it would be a waste

and also do u hav to get off 3ds every 20 min the stare at something for 20 sec so your eyes dont screw up

No, you just turn the 3D off.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jul. 17, 2011

(Jul. 17, 2011  3:48 AM)Gamer4life Wrote: Xbox 720

That's just...stupid.

What'll come after? Xbox 1080?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Thresher - Jul. 18, 2011

(Jul. 17, 2011  11:35 PM)Dude Wrote:

That's just...stupid.

I've heard plenty of stupid names for the next Xbox, including the two aformentioned names, and others like Ybox and Zbox.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - BeyCenter - Jul. 18, 2011

(Jul. 18, 2011  12:14 AM)Thresher Wrote:

That's just...stupid.

I've heard plenty of stupid names for the next Xbox, including the two aformentioned names, and others like Ybox and Zbox.

I've heard Xball. -_- Weirdo's trying to convince the world with their lies.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Gamer4life - Jul. 18, 2011

does anyone else notice most games that say Rated M+ for Mature,really dont have Mature people on them like the random 7 year olds wandering the face of COD learning unnessacary vulgur words that they feel obliged to meaninglessly spam

bottom line, the rating on the games does wonders for the world

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Jul. 18, 2011

That's why GameStop doesn't allow 7-year olds to buy anything above E. It's not like the parents care, but it's still the kids' job to have a brain and quit it with the cursing and swearing.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jul. 18, 2011

(Jul. 18, 2011  12:14 AM)Thresher Wrote:

That's just...stupid.

Given the stuff they showcased at E3, I wouldn't be surprised to have them announce the Kinexbox.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jul. 20, 2011

So, the very creepy game Limbo finally made it to PSN, yesterday. I urged to my nearest game store to buy PSN Point cards.

Jolly fun in the Purgatory to come :p

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NoodooSoup - Jul. 21, 2011

Oh gosh, the Zelda HD tech demo is going to be available for Wii U. Eee Yesssssss.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jul. 21, 2011

(Jul. 21, 2011  4:41 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Oh gosh, the Zelda HD tech demo is going to be available for Wii U. Eee Yesssssss.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Wii-U?pid=724051#pid724051

On another note, has anybody here ever played Legend Of Zelda The Minish Cap? I got stuck on there. I can't find the little guy on the mountain. Tongue_out

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jul. 21, 2011

So, this trailer confirms it. Goron's will be seen in Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASCayUVebr0

Also, did anybody else notice that they messed up? Link is supposed to be left handed. Tongue_out

Is it just me, or is Link a little bit taller than usual. XD

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NoodooSoup - Jul. 21, 2011

They did the same in Twilight Princess for the Wii. The left-handed thing not being there is due to the majority of right handed people. And it would be hard for them to wield the Wiimote-sword with their non dominant hand. But I don't see why they didn't include an option for left handed people.

Also, on the Goron note, considering his "travelling bookbag", it is possible that they might be like how they were in Wind Waker. Possible, although not likely.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Thresher - Jul. 25, 2011

Best Xbox 360 ad ever.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jul. 25, 2011

Interesting commercial, though it pretty much implies that the 360 only has good shooters.

Which isn't too far from the truth, anyway.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - lord Wolfblade - Jul. 25, 2011

(Jul. 21, 2011  8:57 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: They did the same in Twilight Princess for the Wii.

personally i think it is fine as every link is a different one from the last (except in some games), they cant all be left handed you know

i want sega to make a sonic adventure 3 or make a remake of the SA1 and 2 (same voices, better graphics)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Thresher - Jul. 25, 2011

(Jul. 25, 2011  12:10 PM)Dude Wrote: Interesting commercial, though it pretty much implies that the 360 only has good shooters.

Which isn't too far from the truth, anyway.

It is very far from the truth, you should know that considering your love of RPGs.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jul. 25, 2011

It actually doesn't have a lot of good RPGs. Tales of Vesperia is an undenial RPG classic, but pretty much all other exclusive 360 RPGs (Magna Carta 2, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Fable 2 and 3) aren't very good and only decent, at best, while others just suck like crazy.

Then again, the PS3 doesn't have that many "great" RPGs, either, so I'm not really sure what I'm complaining about.