World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hytyjin - Jun. 29, 2011

(Jun. 24, 2011  9:43 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2011  9:33 PM)Dude Wrote: Another step towards Google's world domination, obviously!

They control our internet. Now, they want our gaming!
I wouldn't doubt it. Lol. But since it's probably going to focus "Social and Casual Gaming" It's probably going to suck, and then die. Besides, unless they get major Third Party Support, they probably won't have any good games.

It would probably be like advanced versions of Facebook games like Farmville. Lol. Tongue_out

i dono nintendo has low 3rd party support and look at them besides google could come out with something called google plex

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NoodooSoup - Jun. 29, 2011

(Jun. 29, 2011  4:13 AM)Hytyjin Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2011  9:43 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2011  9:33 PM)Dude Wrote: Another step towards Google's world domination, obviously!

They control our internet. Now, they want our gaming!
I wouldn't doubt it. Lol. But since it's probably going to focus "Social and Casual Gaming" It's probably going to suck, and then die. Besides, unless they get major Third Party Support, they probably won't have any good games.

It would probably be like advanced versions of Facebook games like Farmville. Lol. Tongue_out

i dono nintendo has low 3rd party support and look at them besides google could come out with something called google plex

Google Plex? What does the name have to do with their success? Chocked_2

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jun. 29, 2011

Google has been in bed with Sony a lot, so if they have any sort of gaming platform I wouldn't expect it to be anything more than browser based (say, for Chome OS or something).

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - sonicsora123 - Jun. 29, 2011

a PSP phone. whats next a Wii MP3 player
Oh I shouldn't have wasted my money on an Xperia play

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Ultimate - Jul. 04, 2011

(Jun. 29, 2011  5:08 AM)To Wrote: Google has been in bed with Sony a lot.
LOL I would've said that differently.

The PS VITA has 2 ANOLOG STICKS.

I kinda just found out now...... lame

I thought there were 2 D-PADS....... lamer

I'm just thinking that the anolog sticks are maybe a bit too fragile?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Ryuk - Jul. 07, 2011

Hey, has anyone here played Uncharted 2: Among Thieves? I'm thinking about getting the GOTY Edition sometime soon. It'd be nice to hear some comments about it, so I know I'm not wasting money (i've heard it is good...).

Oh, and BTW, has anyone played the Uncharted 3 beta yet? I played it....it was good ^^.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Jul. 07, 2011

Hah, no. I want to play it SO BAD, but I'm too lazy to update my PS3.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jul. 12, 2011

Namco Bandai is having another countdown website to announce something.

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/countdown/

That's the third, now. How many times can the marketing guy use that old, worn-out gimmick? Looks interesting, though, with the calm, lifeless modern city at night and the digital numbers for the countdown. Feels like a .hack game (But I'm probably dreaming)

Also, if this just leads to the announcement of a game that won't get released for the next two years (i.e Tales of Graces F) I'm not interested.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jul. 12, 2011

.hack//LINK for PSP is supposedly the final .hack game, so of course it isn't going to be released in English. This year Scamco and CyberConnect2 are throwing a going away party for .hack, and have some OVA series that ends the story for good.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a new God Eater game, as those seem to be popular.

However, there's a good chance it'll be for PlayStation Vita, as Famitsu will be running an all new Vita games special in an issue that happens to release the same day that countdown clock ends.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Jul. 12, 2011

(Jul. 12, 2011  1:31 PM)To Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if it's a new God Eater game, as those seem to be popular.

Didn't God Eater just come out like this May?

Regardless I liked the demo. Never played the full version since I sold my PSP lol

----

fffff i hate tf2 spies, why do they have to be so good at backstabbing me Unhappy

I see, so probably something else that will get released in two years.

Boooooooring.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jul. 12, 2011

(Jul. 12, 2011  2:05 PM)bugturtles Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2011  1:31 PM)To Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if it's a new God Eater game, as those seem to be popular.

Didn't God Eater just come out like this May?

It came out in March in the US I believe. But in Japan the game was released in March the previous year, with an expansion pack released in like November (the US got the original game + expansion pack). Announcing another one now is just standard Namco Bandai milking.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Jul. 12, 2011

(Jul. 12, 2011  2:56 PM)To Wrote: It came out in March in the US I believe. But in Japan the game was released in March the previous year, with an expansion pack released in like November (the US got the original game + expansion pack). Announcing another one now is just standard Namco Bandai milking.

Ha, I was close. Yeah, I remember having to download the Japanese demo way before the US release date.

It was fun, I would admit. Wish I could understand what I was doing, but from the gist of it it's basically Monster Hunter set in a post-apocalyptic world with transforming gun-swords/cannon-lances as weapons.

---

Anyone hear anything about that new Ace Combat that's coming out? The only thing I really want to know is that if it's possible to use the Ace Edge joystick/throttle.

I mean I don't have it anymore, but if the Ace Edge works with Assault Horizons, then it'll be a reason to actually dust off my 360 and turn it on. (otherwise, my 360 seriously just sits there doing nothing)

The english demo of Catherine is here! It's downloading right now!

I'm so excited, I feel like I'm gonna faint like a woman watching the Beetles!

EDIT: OOOOMMMMMFFFFFFGGGGGGG!!!! The narrator is voiced by JAMIESON PRIIIIICE!!!!! *Faints*

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jul. 13, 2011

Apparently, Project Rainfall (The project to get Nintendo to release the 3 Wii RPG's in America) got a response from Nintendo: No. Instead, Nintendo plans to release more Kirby.

By looking at the preview we saw for Kirby Wii, I think it's gonna be a good game. It'll definitely be better than Kirby's Epic Yarn. As much as I loved Kirby's Epic Yarn, I didn't like that fact that you couldn't use Kirby's powers. But now all of that is returning with the power to summon giant fire dragons! XD

And Kirby's Mass Attack, I have no idea if that will be any good or not... But from the looks of it, I think it will be.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Jul. 14, 2011

This is disappointing. I want more long RPGs. Since when were traditional RPGs demoted to being simply JRPGs? I want my 50+ hour games back! Anyway, looking forward to Kirby Wii, not to Mass Attack. It just doesn't appeal to me.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jul. 14, 2011

(Jul. 14, 2011  5:11 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: This is disappointing. I want more long RPGs. Since when were traditional RPGs demoted to being simply JRPGs? I want my 50+ hour games back! Anyway, looking forward to Kirby Wii, not to Mass Attack. It just doesn't appeal to me.
They're gonna be released in Europe. Just not America,..

Hah. Let's not forget Skyward Sword. We're getting at least 1 RPG that we know of before the Wii U comes out. Although, I was kinda looking forward to playing Xenoblade Chronicles, but I guess I can't now.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Gamer4life - Jul. 15, 2011

can anyone tell me about the crowd appeal of RPG's because I've been playng mostly COD and i want to expand my genre intrests but i only have enough money for one game at the moment

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Raigeko13 - Jul. 15, 2011

RPG's are IMO a lot better than FPS's. With RPG's, there's more to it than just keeping a finger on the trigger, it's about strategy for some, gameplay for others, and even storytelling for most. They all tell grand tales of times which we'll never see the likes of, but they put you into a world of pure awesomeness. If you like long games and storytelling, you'll love RPG's.
@Megblader9
IKR
I want longer RPG's too! The last time I got a good 50+ hours on a game was a couple years back, with Final Fantasy Advance Tactics 2: Grimoire of the Rift. I just LOVE the FFT series, it's freaking awesome! Totaled with the PS, GBA, and DS ones, I have about a total of 750 hours of Gameplay Joyful_3

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Jul. 15, 2011

(Jul. 15, 2011  6:48 PM)pika2ftw Wrote: can anyone tell me about the crowd appeal of RPG's because I've been playng mostly COD and i want to expand my genre intrests but i only have enough money for one game at the moment

LONG. If you don't have an attention span, don't get a RPG. I spent 100+ hours on Tales of Phantasia, and had to start over twice due to forgetting what I'm supposed to do. Level Grinding for the win!

Bey Heart: I am in America... Still, I am disappoint, Nintendo. Skyward Sword interests me though. The E3 presentation looked NIIIICE.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Jul. 16, 2011

So, question.

Does anyone think it would be possible that nintendo would make something for the wii u where you can play ds games? Similar like the gameboy advanced attachment for gamecube.

Here's why I came to this question... So I just found about the smash bros for wii u and 3ds, and that makes me think that it's possible for wii u to play ds.
Wii u controller be ds touch screen and bottom ds panel
Tv be top screen of ds.

Makes sense to me. Anyone?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Jul. 16, 2011

Same here. They may have had this in mind at the time, too. Of course, it'd be crazy expensive, and possibly useless. It's a possibility, but don't put your house on it.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NoodooSoup - Jul. 16, 2011

It is a possibility, but think about the amount of up scaling that would need to be done to fit the screen. It'll look stretched and pixelated. So yeah, I'm not too sure about that.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Jul. 16, 2011

Which is why I said "possibly useless". Yeah, if Nintendo does this, it'll be a total waste, but I'd get it if it looks cool on my Wii U, hah. Sadly, writing is eating into my RTS time... Hah, I'll get back on Pox Nora one of these days! Hopefully tomorrow.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jul. 16, 2011

My Tales of Vesperia CD (Which is essentially the only game I play on my 360, anymore) is crapping up on me...

I basically put it in the console, it takes forever to read and, about 9 times out of 10, it tells me it's a DVD and cannot play it. Sometimes, it actually works super well, but after like 5 minutes of gameplay, the game craps out and a message tells me the disc is unreadable (Even though I was playing the game fine before)

Luckily, it's not the 360 that has problems, since I've tested another game and it works well, but the Vesperia cd doesn't have a scratch on it. It's weird.