World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 23, 2011

(Jan. 23, 2011  8:12 PM)To Wrote: a gyroscope, two cameras, a back trackpad, and the addition of a second analog stick. Edit: I guess I can't forget the rumors of PS3/360 like graphics either...

Gee, does it have a jet-pack and a laser blaster?

It'll probably cost a lot of cash, cash that I will never invest in a handheld.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jan. 23, 2011

You say that now, but when Final Fantasy XV is announced as a PSP2 exclusive, you probably will.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jan. 23, 2011

Dead Or Alive: Dimensions is gonna be for the 3DS. And I have to admit, I'm kinda excited. Although I have only played Dead Or Alive games a few times, I still think this game looks pretty Epic. Besides, who doesn't like a 2D Fighting Game? Speaking of which, they are also releasing Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition.

I'm also Extremely excited for Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D.

(Jan. 23, 2011  8:25 PM)To Wrote: You say that now, but when Final Fantasy XV is announced as a PSP2 exclusive, you probably will.

Of course not. I won't fall for that one again.

I'll probably just rent it and leech off a friend that owns a PSP2. Best case scenario: It'll get terrible reviews and fan backlash, like the three last FF games, and I'll just look at videos on Youtube while laughing at the fan comments complaining how much it sucks.

You only say that because 13 is largely regarded as trash. Has SE made a PSP game that has been regarded as such?

Edit: Terrible reviews for the last three? What.

Final Fantasy X - 92/100 (Metacritic)
Final Fantasy XII - 92/100 (Metacritic)
Final Fantasy XIII - 83/100 (Metacritic)
Average: 89

And just for the giggles:

Final Fantasy XI - 85/100 (Metacritic)
Final Fantasy X-2 - 85/100 (Metacritic)
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - 81/100 (Metacritic)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - 83/100 (Metacritic)
Final Fantasy XIV - 49/100 (Metacritic)
Average: 77
I'm not going to bother with Crystal Chronicles, or the other spinoff games.

So, you're saying they do PSP games really well?

That's kinda...lamely limited, if that expression makes sense.

Meh, worst case scenario, the game really strikes my interest and I buy the freakin' PSP2. I'm not exactly short for money.

EDIT: I was mostly refering to XIII and XIV, which no one can argue are not as good as other FF titles (On that note, I'm not sure why I said three last Uncertain )

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Thresher - Jan. 23, 2011

(Jan. 23, 2011  8:12 PM)To Wrote: PSP2 seems to be some godly beast of a handheld. Nikkei (a trusted Japanese news outlet) just let it out that it'll use an OLED touchscreen, and have 3G connectivity. This is alongside rumors of a gyroscope, two cameras, a back trackpad, and the addition of a second analog stick. Edit: I guess I can't forget the rumors of PS3/360 like graphics either...

I am preparing to get a second job.

Sony is formerly set to announce the PSP successor on January 27 in a media briefing in Japan.

You could be a Sony PR man, but they wouldn't pay you for a job you already do for free.

(Jan. 23, 2011  10:56 PM)Dude Wrote: So, you're saying they do PSP games really well?

Yes. Birth By Sleep is regarded by fans as the best Kingdom Hearts game compared to the PS2/GBA and DS releases. Likewise, Dissidia, and Crisis Core are well regarded. Such will likely be the case with Dissidia 012, and Type-0. The 3rd Birthday is questionable, but that isn't made by an internal Square Enix team.

(Jan. 23, 2011  10:59 PM)Thresher Wrote: You could be a Sony PR man, but they wouldn't pay you for a job you already do for free.

It's quite tragic, but I will continue on with reciting the gospel according to Ken Kutaragi.

[Image: kenfuntimes.jpg]

To, do you know if the PSP2 will support PSP games, much like the PS2 supports PS games? That would be a good argument for me to buy it, actually.

EDIT: Also, from what I've read, the 3rd Birthday got some real nice reviews. I guess they really are good at handheld games Uncertain

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jan. 24, 2011

It's currently unknown on the PSP backwards compatibility front. It won't be having a UMD drive though, so all there can be is PSN PSP games, and that library, while pretty comprehensible, lacks certain big titles.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 26, 2011

So, this is a pretty big news, for any 'Tales of' fan, but Tales of Graces F (Yes, the PS3 version with more content in it) might get localized.

Bandai Namco is doing some weird stuff, with their Facebook page. They've given a puzzle which, when solved, became a URL link to some crazy website: http://ataleoftworichards.com

I have no idea what the Hell this is, but, apparently, it's the cover of the game (or the logo, whatever) with inverted colors (And, for some reason, Wikipedia and several fans see that as proof of localization)

I'd be happy (While angry for wasting 80 bucks on a Japanese version I don't understand) because the game was pretty good and I'm sure it'd sell well in North America, too.

EDIT: The image one that website keeps changing. Not sure what'll reveal, in the end...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jan. 26, 2011

I have been playing Sonic Chaos via Sonic Adventure DX. Whats better than an 8-Bit Sonic Game that's just as fun as the Genesis games? Nothing!

Has anybody else ever played this game?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 27, 2011

So, that crazy image on the site I posted earlier? It's been solved.

http://scrawlfx.com/2011/01/namco-bandai-site-update-a-tale-of-two-richards

Just go to that website and go down. It's obviously Tales of Graces F's logo, so this announce is certainly related to that game. Furthermore, a date is now obvious, which is 2.2.2011. Something cool will happen on the second of February that's Tales of Graces F related Chocked_2

I'm going insane, here.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jan. 27, 2011

Scamco are trolling you. It's clearly a page devoted for Pac-Man's 30th birthday where they'll launch a new CG cartoon with him in highschool, alongside a Pac-Man reality show (I wish I was making this up).

Anyways;

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Direct Feed
Stream 720p Download

Final Fantasy Type-0 Direct Feed
Stream 720p Download

Kingdom hearts 3D: Dreams Drop Distance Direct Feed
Streaming 720p Download

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - gasher67 - Jan. 27, 2011

someone help me start a beyblade tournanamt in west virginia

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 27, 2011

(Jan. 27, 2011  9:26 PM)To Wrote: Scamco are trolling you. It's clearly a page devoted for Pac-Man's 30th birthday where they'll launch a new CG cartoon with him in highschool, alongside a Pac-Man reality show (I wish I was making this up).

I'm also hoping you're making this up. While I do see some Pacman-looking random things, along the bottom, it's pretty obvious that there's the Tales of Graces F logo and the site itself is even called "A Tale of two Richards" Richard being a character in the game. It'd be insulting if this was only Pacman related...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jan. 27, 2011

The first hint was a giant F made of Pac-Mans. The second hint was the website, when it was updated the images of 3 Pac-Man ghosts, power pellets, and such could be found.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 28, 2011

You're playing with my emotions T_T

That's worst than the Count of Sade.

Anyway, I wonder what Dream Drop Distance means... (Not that KH sub-titles have made much sense so far, anyway...)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Jan. 28, 2011

Dream Drop Distance.

It's three D's. 3D... On the 3DS... Get it?

#jkitsreallyjustsquareenixmakingupstupidlylongandpretentioustitlesagain

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 28, 2011

(Jan. 28, 2011  12:29 AM)Roan Wrote: Dream Drop Distance.

It's three D's. 3D... On the 3DS... Get it?

#jkitsreallyjustsquareenixmakingupstupidlylongandpretentioustitlesagain

I really like you, now XD

But yeah, I do feel that Square is being a bit pretentious, recently...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Jan. 28, 2011

For God's sakes, they could name the game "KINGDOM HEARTS: MAGICAL FANTASTICAL EPISODE OF DISNEY FANTASIA 00234856 DIVIDED BY THE SQUARE ROOT OF CLOUD'S HAIR" and people would still buy it.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jan. 28, 2011

I know this isn't about a Video Game, but this is an adaptation of a Video Game. So, I think this should go here.

Apparantly, the original Mega Man Video Game series (Yes the main series) is being adapted into a Comic Book series from Archie Comics. The Comic Book adaptation will be by one of the authors of the Sonic the Hedgehog Comic Series and will begin Serialization this May.

Also, who is excited for Megaman Legends 3? It's gonna be for 3DS. Personally, I'm really excited for this game (I'm a big Mega Man Fan) And it seems that Capcom is putting alot of effort into this game.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jan. 28, 2011

I can't really get excited for a sequel to a game made over a decade ago without a single piece of game footage.

I want to be, but I can't.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jan. 28, 2011

(Jan. 28, 2011  3:54 AM)To Wrote: I can't really get excited for a sequel to a game made over a decade ago without a single piece of game footage.

I want to be, but I can't.
Well of course there isn't game footage yet. The game is still in development. Although if you go on the Capcom Forum, (Capcom-Unity.com) They have 3D models of the characters and they have contests of stuff that will be in the game and such.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jan. 28, 2011

NGP games are still in development.

I've seen footage of them.