World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Jan. 06, 2011

(Jan. 06, 2011  4:25 AM)To Wrote: So Microsoft just said Kinect has sold 8 million units to consumers. Welp, that about wraps it up for me predicting hardware sales.

Owned lmao

I honestly thought your estimates and predictions were going to be way off back when you first posted them, especially given how much money Microsoft was throwing behind Kinect, but I didn't feel like arguing so I didn't say anything. lol

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jan. 06, 2011

I didn't make any actual number predictions (as far as I can remember), I just posted a picture of an air carrier about to drop a bomb...

I was very much under the impression that Microsoft spending $500 million on marketing wasn't going to get 8 million people to spend $250. Well, they sure proved me wrong.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Jan. 06, 2011

To be fair though, it still hasn't been clarified whether the 8 million count is referring to units shipped or units sold.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 08, 2011

I downloaded Final Fantasy 8 on that trippy Playstation Network.

The opening scene is hilarious. The text means nothing XD "I'll be "waiting"...here...So...If you come...I'll be here...waiting for you." It looks like something a dumb student would write to fill the minimum during a composition in class.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - |Joe| - Jan. 08, 2011

Rofl so I take it you got your points card to work eh? FF VIII is the one with Leon correct?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jan. 08, 2011

More Xperia Play pictures:

[Image: B7645.jpg]
[Image: dIDP1.jpg]
[Image: mrkVF.jpg]
[Image: z9eDj.jpg]
[Image: uNUqS.jpg]
[Image: CbQRd.jpg]

See some videos of it in action here.

PlayStation Pocket is the application that launches games that take full use of the hardware.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Jan. 08, 2011

You know what the one problem I have with that To? Although I know nothing about it, this is my opinion. I think that if you want to play video games, then you play them on a video game console. If you want a phone, then you get a phone. I don't like when things get too complicated and combined. I'm willing to fork over extra dough to get what I had just explained.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Serotonin - Jan. 08, 2011

I personally don't like the idea of fusing a dedicated games console with a phone, but I think it's impressive that they're actually doing this, and I'm quite excited to see what will become of it.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - ©oke - Jan. 09, 2011

Pre-Ordered Pokemon Black today. Can't wait for it to come out!!! I also got the Shiny Raikou from the event

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jan. 09, 2011

So Kinect actually has sold less than 5 million to consumers. That's a little more than I expected it to do (I was expecting 3-4 million), but if they have 3 million units sitting on store shelves outside of the holiday season... that's not very good. I guess it does speak to the power of Microsoft, getting retailers to buy 8 million units for a platform debut.

(Jan. 08, 2011  7:56 PM)♥ Wrote: I personally don't like the idea of fusing a dedicated games console with a phone, but I think it's impressive that they're actually doing this, and I'm quite excited to see what will become of it.

It's weird how they'll position the Xperia Play, and PlayStation Pocket (software platform). The Xperia Play doesn't have the hardware capable to emulate PSP games, which would mean games would have to be developed from the ground up for the platform. The hardware goes against everything we've heard about the successor to the PSP, so who'll support this platform? Sony only has 3 first party titles in development for the PSP this year, which means they've moved on.

Anyways, the word of the street is that the Xperia Play, and PlayStation Pocket platforms will officially be unveiled in a Spanish mobile phone event next month.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - kidice - Jan. 09, 2011

pre ordered marvel vs capcom 3

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Jan. 09, 2011

(Jan. 09, 2011  4:51 AM)To Wrote: So Kinect actually has sold less than 5 million to consumers.

I assumed this was the case. When they announced the 8 million number at CES I had a pretty big hunch that that was 8 million units shipped and not sold.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jan. 09, 2011

Well, I finally got past where I was stuck on Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past. I couldn't beat the giant Caterpillar thing in the Temple on top of Death Mountain. I beat him today, then I went and got the Master Sword! Joyful_3

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Jan. 10, 2011

(Jan. 09, 2011  10:52 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Well, I finally got past where I was stuck on Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past. I couldn't beat the giant Caterpillar thing in the Temple on top of Death Mountain. I beat him today, then I went and got the Master Sword! Joyful_3
Dude, that game is so long. Its pretty difficult too, you die very easily. I got stuck way too much, then just gave up. I was farther than you though Wink

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Jan. 10, 2011

(Jan. 10, 2011  1:36 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2011  10:52 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Well, I finally got past where I was stuck on Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past. I couldn't beat the giant Caterpillar thing in the Temple on top of Death Mountain. I beat him today, then I went and got the Master Sword! Joyful_3
Dude, that game is so long. Its pretty difficult too, you die very easily. I got stuck way too much, then just gave up. I was farther than you though Wink
It's not that that easy to die, it's also pretty easy. (As long as you are good at old Zelda games)

Also, yesterday I went to GameStop. I was talking to the guy at the register about Zelda. (It was a pretty interesting conversation) He told me that Skyward Sword has been announced for June 2. Although, It's not the official Street Date Release. So that could change.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - |Joe| - Jan. 10, 2011

GameStop cashiers are so far the only cashiers I know of that can hold up an interesting conversation haha. I went in the other day and a few of my friends and I started talking to one of the cashiers about Sonic Colors heh.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - tman2311 - Jan. 11, 2011

fable 3 is the bestest

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 11, 2011

(Jan. 11, 2011  2:18 AM)tman2311 Wrote: fable 3 is the bestest

You're pitiful.

Get some standards, man.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Temporal - Jan. 11, 2011

(Jan. 11, 2011  2:18 AM)tman2311 Wrote: fable 3 is the bestest

Sad, just sad...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 11, 2011

On another topic, I have just watched the trailer for Back To The Future: The Game, taking place after the third movie, which means that it is in continuity (Although we can't really talk about continuity in a game about time travel...) and I am now hypped as hell. Telltale Games really seems to know their stuff, where Time Travel was the problem, not the solution, and the game seems based around that fact (Which is good, of course)

Installing PC Games is quite a chore, though, so I'll just wait for it to come out on the PS3.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jan. 12, 2011

Various outlets are reporting that Sony will unveil the PSP2 in a conference on January 27 in Tokyo.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jaems1 - Jan. 12, 2011

http://www.imagebam.com/image/80d294114763958

Enjoy everyone ^^ I took out all the profanity i could find (skimmed).

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Jan. 12, 2011

So Final Fantasy Versus XIII is supposed to come out this year?

Yeah, I wish.

Oh and is it just me or does the Xbox 360 doesn't have much exclusives?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - ©oke - Jan. 12, 2011

I think your right about the Xbox360 and yes I belive Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming out this year

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jan. 12, 2011

Versus XIII could be available in Japan this year. Square Enix has an event later this month that should clarify these things IIRC.

As for Microsoft, yes, their first party stable (which is where the majority of exclusive content originates from) is very weak. I'm actually quite afraid, since a bunch of Microsoft people did say 2011 was going to be all about Kinect...

Though another rep backpadled on that comment.