World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Cyanide - Nov. 24, 2010

yeah it did cost a pretty penny when i ordered it offline and sure :V

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Nov. 24, 2010

Sonic Colors is apparently a good game. By buying it when it hits bomba bins, you're telling SEGA the wrong message.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Cyanide - Nov. 24, 2010

it looks different from other sonic games but its sonic and i msut get it :V,though the game i really wanna see come out is Super smash bros brawl 4(or was brawl 4?)or at least know if one is being made

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Itachi - Nov. 24, 2010

(Nov. 24, 2010  3:06 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2010  11:39 PM)Itachi Wrote: Heh, I was playing Sonic Adventure 2 Battle earlier. Always love that game. I prefer the Dreamcast version though(luckily I still have it).
I have the GameCube version. (Sadly I don't own a Dreamcast) Anyways, I love that game. I already beat the Hero Story, but on the Dark Story I'm stuck. Hopefully my friend Ryan can help me get past there. On one Memory Card I'm stuck in the temple with Rouge looking for the "Key Stones". On another Memory Card I'm stuck with Rouge looking for 3 Chaos Emerald Shards in 5 minutes. (You might not know this, but, me and my friend Ryan are some of the biggest Sonic The Hedgehog fans you will ever meet. Sonic is what we talk about most of the time.)

Yea, I have both Gamecube & Dreamcast versions. Me too ;D Key Stones? Is it that Egg Quarters stage? Can't remember. Although I thought that stage was annoying when I first played when I was younger. Ha, no worries. That's EXCATLY how my cousin & I were when we were younger. All we did was play Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 on Dreamcast & when I played Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on the PC, she'll play at the same time aswell(if you pick to play as Sonic & Tails, someone else could control Tails on the same keyboard). Heck, I got the Dreamcast just for Sonic xD Too bad I have no one to to talk to Sonic about anymore D; I'm thinking of getting Sonic Colors evetually. Inner Sonic fan tells me to get it.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Nov. 24, 2010

(Nov. 24, 2010  3:56 PM)To Wrote: Sonic Colors is apparently a good game. By buying it when it hits bomba bins, you're telling SEGA the wrong message.
Lol, well the game costs like $50. And I was afraid it would turn out just like the rest of the 7th Generation Sonic games (Not very good compared to their older stuff) Although, I read some reviews about a week after it came out and apparently they are bringing in some older methods from Sonic Adventure 1 & 2. Also it's supposed to be one of their best 3D Sonic Games yet. I think I might try to get it for Christmas though. (I HAVE A BRILLIANT IDEA!!)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Nov. 25, 2010

Has anyone played black ops on a 3D tv? If so, tell me if you enjoyed it.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Nov. 26, 2010

I don't think 3D display would make any Call of Duty game enjoyable.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Nov. 26, 2010

I don't get the whole...Hooray Awesomeness with 3D...Fine, it's pretty, whatever.

If the gameplay, story, music and character developpement is carp, the graphics won't save the game. If they can have all those elements, it'll be awesome, kinda like God of War 3, or something, but I'm not buying or even just renting a game just because it's in 3D Uncertain

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Nov. 26, 2010

(Nov. 26, 2010  1:32 AM)Dude Wrote: I don't get the whole...Hooray Awesomeness with 3D...Fine, it's pretty, whatever.

If the gameplay, story, music and character developpement is carp, the graphics won't save the game. If they can have all those elements, it'll be awesome, kinda like God of War 3, or something, but I'm not buying or even just renting a game just because it's in 3D Uncertain
Lol, your just like me!! (Sort of) All of my friends were go crazy about Halo and COD when the games just aren't that good. The best Halo storyline is Halo 2 imo, after that it got boring. COD got boring after World at War. That's why I just stick to games that I have loved for years. (Pokemon) Pokemon always has good graphics and the story is always unique and hasn't been done before. While with Halo and COD it's all been done before. (Fightning Aliens = Halo) (Fighting in a War = Everything else)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Thresher - Nov. 26, 2010

(Nov. 26, 2010  1:51 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2010  1:32 AM)Dude Wrote: I don't get the whole...Hooray Awesomeness with 3D...Fine, it's pretty, whatever.

Lol, your just like me!! (Sort of) All of my friends were go crazy about Halo and COD when the games just aren't that good. The best Halo storyline is Halo 2 imo, after that it got boring. COD got boring after World at War. That's why I just stick to games that I have loved for years. (Pokemon) Pokemon always has good graphics and the story is always unique and hasn't been done before. While with Halo and COD it's all been done before. (Fightning Aliens = Halo) (Fighting in a War = Everything else)

Pokemon=catching the same things with different names
Halo 2 doesn't complete a story, Reach does.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Nov. 26, 2010

(Nov. 26, 2010  9:36 AM)Thresher Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2010  1:51 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote:

Pokemon=catching the same things with different names
Halo 2 doesn't complete a story, Reach does.
I never said Halo 2 completed the story, I said it had the best story imo. Pokemon isn't like that, if you actually played Pokemon you would understand.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - FrenchFrieZ® - Nov. 26, 2010

Call of Duty: Black Ops seems a fun and addicting game... I've tried it!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jaems1 - Nov. 27, 2010

wow, i never knew they're already preparing games using 3D engines already...
all i can say to it is good luck trying not to hurt your eyes playing the games.. its bad enough watching films in 3D which last over 1.5hours (i.e. Avatar).

also, playing FPS games in 3D (in my opinion) will make you suck more; the game may look better but it'll be difficult to spot people from afar or hiding, etc. as 3D makes you move your eyes all over the place when you see an object move.

spreaking buying/renting games just because they're in 3D. one day they'll probably implement to ALL games to be in 3D and enable/disable the 3D effects.. this sounds awefully expensive already.. D:

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Nov. 27, 2010

Man, I just was playing mw2, because it is free xbox live weekend. Now, there's even more campers and noobtoobers! I was getting so mad.

On the 3D subject- i really didn't think it would be fun. It would seem really... Different... That's it. It seems like one of the things you will try once, then never again. COD is really fun as is, and 3D just seems like a glamour feature, nothing more.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Nov. 27, 2010

3D stuff is incredibly overrated, but certainly not as much as Motion Control.

The Kinect just...fascinates me. You are the controler! Yeah, so? You're games either suck or are just the same little sport games you can get on the Wii (Which work much better)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hov - Nov. 27, 2010

I think ps3 should make Call Of Duty: White Ops O_O

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jaems1 - Nov. 27, 2010

(Nov. 27, 2010  10:41 PM)Dude Wrote: 3D stuff is incredibly overrated, but certainly not as much as Motion Control.

The Kinect just...fascinates me. You are the controler! Yeah, so? You're games either suck or are just the same little sport games you can get on the Wii (Which work much better)

i'm not generally into those motion control games from the start.. remember the Eye toy ps2? play one motion control game and you've played them all basically. they're fun if you have more than one people playing, i.e. a party, etc; but on your own isn't generally that fun..

3D things aren't overated to me Unhappy the new 3D is alot better than the old red/blue glasses lol. but i wouldn't know what you mean by overated (depending on what people are saying to you).. i just enjoy it once in a while otherwise my eyes hurt.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Nov. 28, 2010

all this motion, 3d and extra garbage are really only to make money. I honetly think that they didn't expect kinect and ps3move do be a videogame changing experience, but they tried to move ahead along with other technologies. But heck, i fell for it when the wii came out, i bought it a week after it came out, played zelda, and when i realized that you only get to shake the remote to attack, i was dissapointed. I thought it was going to be more prescise. They are really good at making their ads seem like a new gaming revolution, but actually, it needs a LOT more work to meet my satisfaction. but then again, i could be just really picky, or it depends on the age groups playing.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jaems1 - Nov. 28, 2010

(Nov. 28, 2010  12:30 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: all this motion, 3d and extra garbage are really only to make money.

motion detection has always been here, its just that now they've implemented it with games that have decent graphics and better sensitivity in the motion detection; eye toy, as i said before was not a complete success, it lasted a while yes but then the Wii came by and punched it in the face; and now basically its back for a vengeance, although i will stick to the old mouse/keyboard or joystick thank you very much.

has anyone seen disney's Epic Mickey game? admittedly its the first disney game i like the looks of.. although when i first saw the cover i thought it was going to be related to photoshop due to the design of the art.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Nov. 28, 2010

3D is fun if the game is developed around it. I got to play Virtua Tennis 4 in 3D with Move, and it was pretty amazing stuff. If you do it cheaply, it won't work that good, and you get stuff like MotorStorm: 3D Rift (which didn't work at all when I demoed it).

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Nov. 28, 2010

(Nov. 27, 2010  11:35 PM)Jaems Wrote: but i wouldn't know what you mean by overated (depending on what people are saying to you)..

Well, what I mean by it is that people and film makers in general are too excited about 3D. Sometimes, it can look great, like Avatar (Which is also pretty much the one who started this whole 3D thing over again) or it can look cheap, like The Last Airbender. Plus, they only show the 3D for specific moments of the movie, like in Saw 3D, where one of the characters throws a saw towards the camera, that's just begging for an excuse to have something 3D.

The way of thinking goes "Avatar made a lot of cash. Avatar was in 3D. Therefore, people want 3D. We make 3D, we make money." It's lazy and encourages eye-candy as opposed to good story.

Then again, I haven't played much 3D video games...I will, though, once I get that fabled Nintendo 3DS...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Jaems1 - Nov. 28, 2010

(Nov. 28, 2010  1:36 PM)Dude Wrote: or it can look cheap, like The Last Airbender. Plus, they only show the 3D for specific moments of the movie, like in Saw 3D, where one of the characters throws a saw towards the camera, that's just begging for an excuse to have something 3D.

The way of thinking goes "Avatar made a lot of cash. Avatar was in 3D. Therefore, people want 3D. We make 3D, we make money." It's lazy and encourages eye-candy as opposed to good story.

Then again, I haven't played much 3D video games...I will, though, once I get that fabled Nintendo 3DS...

i noticed that you named the films which are already terrible in both 2D and 3D lol, i'll sum it up by saying that its the film production which matters and it goes for gaming as well, with or without 3D. and yh 3D doesn't make a film good, its about the content this is the same for games.. although most games nowadays are played online multiplayer, screw the lore lol (at least that's what i do), so 3D online multiplayer won't initially change anything but instead possibly make it better.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Nov. 28, 2010

(Nov. 28, 2010  1:36 PM)Dude Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2010  11:35 PM)Jaems Wrote: but i wouldn't know what you mean by overated (depending on what people are saying to you)..

Well, what I mean by it is that people and film makers in general are too excited about 3D. Sometimes, it can look great, like Avatar (Which is also pretty much the one who started this whole 3D thing over again) or it can look cheap, like The Last Airbender. Plus, they only show the 3D for specific moments of the movie, like in Saw 3D, where one of the characters throws a saw towards the camera, that's just begging for an excuse to have something 3D.

Avatar was terrible movie. (imo) I can't wait for the 3DS, It looks like they are also focused on story and not just 3D. For example, the are gonna come out with that Ocarina of Time remake, good story, good visuals. Not to mention the 3DS launch title, Kid Icarus: Uprising, good story (from what I've seen) good visuals. Nintendo FTW!!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SonicManEXE - Nov. 28, 2010

I just watched an entire walkthrough of Portal that was almost 2 hours. All I can say is that I can't wait for Portal 2. You monster.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Nov. 29, 2010

(Nov. 28, 2010  10:24 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Nov. 28, 2010  1:36 PM)Dude Wrote:

Avatar was terrible movie. (imo) I can't wait for the 3DS, It looks like they are also focused on story and not just 3D. For example, the are gonna come out with that Ocarina of Time remake, good story, good visuals. Not to mention the 3DS launch title, Kid Icarus: Uprising, good story (from what I've seen) good visuals. Nintendo FTW!!
I'm so excited for ocarina of time for 3ds. Ocarina of time is one of those games that no matter how many times you play it, you will never get bored. Best video game ever.
Edit: whoops, didn't mean to quote that big of a post, didn't even realize that