World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - May. 17, 2010

(May. 17, 2010  4:30 PM)Sam Wrote:
(May. 16, 2010  3:37 PM)Roan Wrote: MW2 is overrated garbage, stop playing it.
Dude I checked your gamertag on the leaderboard and you've played for 30 minutes lol

That's pretty telling isn't it? I couldn't suffer through more than 30 minutes of it.

I played all the way through the single player campaign and it was trash. It felt much more like a James Bond summer action flick than a "realistic modern warfare experience", which I guess wouldn't be such a bad thing if it were a James Bond game I were playing.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - May. 17, 2010

I have almost 48 hours on mw2, took me that long to realize the multiplayer was carp. i loved spec ops though

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sam - May. 17, 2010

The chances of a realistic modern warfare experience being released are... Well, there is no chance (look at Six Days in Fallujah).

So to expect the ~*~biggest entertainment launch ever~*~ to be anything more than a Hollywood/24/Black Hawk Down/Saving Private Ryan treatment of reality... Is bound to be disappointing.

CoD4 wasn't as bad but was still wasn't close to what you say you want. Why would it's sequel change things?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - lewis - May. 17, 2010

op flashpoint: dragon rising is very very real gameplay yous should play itSmile

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - May. 18, 2010

(May. 17, 2010  10:36 PM)Sam Wrote: CoD4 wasn't as bad but was still wasn't close to what you say you want. Why would it's sequel change things?

CoD4 was, for me at least, much more believable and far less outlandish than MW2. Sure there were a lot of unrealistic things that happened during the course of the story, but they never felt so over-the-top and far-fetched as most of the events in MW2 did, particularly the snowmobile race and the ridiculous last few chapters. The story in MW2 also started to unravel horribly by about halfway through the game, and by the end it had turned into a sort of... Well, something I would expect out of a Die Hard film.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - May. 18, 2010

It's a video game, and a shooter at that. I wouldn't really expect top notch story telling, and plot from that. It's basically the Transformers: Revenge Of The Falllen of video games.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Thresher - May. 18, 2010

(May. 18, 2010  5:05 AM)Roan Wrote:
(May. 17, 2010  10:36 PM)Sam Wrote: CoD4 wasn't as bad but was still wasn't close to what you say you want. Why would it's sequel change things?

CoD4 was, for me at least, much more believable and far less outlandish than MW2. Sure there were a lot of unrealistic things that happened during the course of the story, but they never felt so over-the-top and far-fetched as most of the events in MW2 did, particularly the snowmobile race and the ridiculous last few chapters. The story in MW2 also started to unravel horribly by about halfway through the game, and by the end it had turned into a sort of... Well, something I would expect out of a Die Hard film.

Still not as bad as the story in Halo 3 which apparently rewrote the established facts in the previous games.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - KoD PT - May. 19, 2010

So, the Halo: Reach multiplayer Beta ends tomorrow. How did you guys enjoy the beta? I couldn't play as much as I would've liked (my previous modem stopped working the Saturday after the beta went live and my new one can't connect to my 360), but still had a blast.
It was tough getting into it after Halo 3, with all the Armor Abilities, nerfed jump, new shield/health mechanics, loadouts, reticle bloom, etc, but you start getting used to it after a while. There're still many bugs, god awful spawns, broken gametypes (Spartans vs Elites) but that's what the beta testing is for.

The Magnum is awesome as an all purpose weapon, but the reticle bloom sorta makes it kinda random when you spam shots at close range and players sometimes still get away with lucky kills despite the decreased accuracy, which is pissing some people off. Other than in close range, I usually time my shots when using it or the DMR and Needle Rifle (both awesome as well). Kinda miss the 4 shot BR though.
Also really liked the Focus Rifle and Plasma Launcher, but the probably need to be toned down a bit (less ammo maybe, + no lock-on for the PL).
The Grenade Launcher really is worthy of the nickname "Pro pipe". Awesome when you get kills with it though.
The vehicles felt really weak in Invasion though, they never lasted very long. Also, really hope they tweak the spawning system, phases, weapon loadouts, etc, for Invasion. It wasn't as good to play as I had hoped for.

Also, really looking forward for Campaign co-op and possibly, Firefight. It has been speculated that Generator Defense, also known as "NetworkTest1", was made to test 6 player campaign/firefight co-op online.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - May. 21, 2010

Counting down the days till Big Boss returns.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - May. 22, 2010

(May. 21, 2010  11:38 PM)To Wrote: Counting down the days till Big Boss returns... Again.

Fixed.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sam - May. 22, 2010

Awwwww, dude, what!?

I thought that I was going to finally be able to play it this Monday and Tuesday! Ugggghhhh...

(May. 22, 2010  8:11 AM)Sam Wrote: Awwwww, dude, what!?

I thought that I was going to finally be able to play it this Monday and Tuesday! Ugggghhhh...

What are you talking about, MGS?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - May. 22, 2010

I think he's talking about Halo: Reach.

oic

my bad

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Thresher - May. 23, 2010

(May. 22, 2010  8:11 AM)Sam Wrote: Awwwww, dude, what!?

I know! I only got one day to play it but atleast I won all five of the rounds I played. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=Thresher009&sg=0

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - danielson1234 - May. 24, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is a sick game. Get it.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dirge - May. 24, 2010

(May. 24, 2010  3:37 AM)danielson1234 Wrote: Red Dead Redemption is a sick game. Get it.

haha my friend just got it and keeps going on about how you can kill your horse or something

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Robsta - May. 24, 2010

I've been looking for Starcraft 2 Limited edition for ages it sold out everywhere, finally got a hold of one today (preorder). Made my day Grin.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - danielson1234 - May. 24, 2010

(May. 24, 2010  3:54 AM)Dirge Wrote:
(May. 24, 2010  3:37 AM)danielson1234 Wrote: Red Dead Redemption is a sick game. Get it.

haha my friend just got it and keeps going on about how you can kill your horse or something

It is so sick. If your tired of first person shooters get this game to cool off and stuff.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dirge - May. 26, 2010

WTH went to eb today pick up tekken 6 today (again) the pre owned copies were $105 while the brand new ones were $69 how does that work Confused im sure that shop is trying to rip people off considering when i traded in my 1st copy of tekken 6 i got 35$ for it and they sold it again for $60 also this was only about a month and a half after it came out so how does it get more expensive Uncertain

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - May. 26, 2010

Mario galaxy 2 anyone?
It got 10s Gasp

Gonna get it soon Smile cnt w8.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - May. 26, 2010

(May. 26, 2010  4:57 AM)Dirge Wrote: WTH went to eb today pick up tekken 6 today (again) the pre owned copies were $105 while the brand new ones were $69 how does that work Confused im sure that shop is trying to rip people off considering when i traded in my 1st copy of tekken 6 i got 35$ for it and they sold it again for $60 also this was only about a month and a half after it came out so how does it get more expensive Uncertain

The version you saw on the shelf could be a gutted Limited Edition or Collector's Release? I know Tekken 6 got one of those.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SonicManEXE - May. 26, 2010

(May. 26, 2010  8:50 AM)Pegasis Wrote: Mario galaxy 2 anyone?
It got 10s Gasp

Gonna get it soon Smile cnt w8.

I beat it yesterday.

I it's a very fun game. It's definately a game worth getting.
http://www.sega.com/news/?n=4262

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are they thinking? The anounced it today, and it already sounds stupid! Sonic Colors? COLORS? That's even worse than eraser!

Quote:combines both 3D and classic 2D game play perspectives
Again, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is exactly why Sonic 4 is coming out, and now they make another Unleashed-like game! I just can't even bare the thought.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dirge - May. 26, 2010

(May. 26, 2010  11:25 AM)To Wrote: The version you saw on the shelf could be a gutted Limited Edition or Collector's Release? I know Tekken 6 got one of those.

Nah it wasnt,the case was the same as the normal version and i asked if there was any good reason why it was so much the staff at eb had no idea why it was still priced so high when the new one is alot more cheaper

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - May. 27, 2010

Is SMG2 a half hour long or something? How do you finish that in a day?