World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Chaos Blader - Mar. 17, 2010

Recently beat Vvvvvv and Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth. There both really fun games.Tongue_out

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Mar. 17, 2010

(Mar. 16, 2010  7:50 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Things have been quite fun on my Ranch of late
[Image: wbmp0001.jpg]
They're a fairly happy bunch
[Image: wbmp0002.jpg]
Rosie came to stay for a while, and has started some odd kind of Ponyta dance class...
[Image: wbmp0003.jpg]
Along with Psyduck karaoke...
[Image: wbmp0004.jpg]
We're hoping to start a Mewtwo counseling session...

man, those are pretty good DS graphics

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Neeek - Mar. 17, 2010

(Mar. 17, 2010  5:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: man, those are pretty good DS graphics

Hahahaha :') PWND

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Benkei - Mar. 17, 2010

Iceburn

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Mar. 17, 2010

Ok I loled hard at that.

Summer is going to be killer for me:
Peace Walker (June 8, zomgosh!)
Modnation Racers (Will I buy both versions? Decisions...)
Persona 3 Portable
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Then there are the bunch of games I skipped out durring this swarm, like GoW3, FFXIII, Heavy Rain, WKC, etc. I need a job.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MetalFightKai - Mar. 17, 2010

been playing Pokemon rumble, i know i'm late to the party an all, noticed there isn't much EU passwords

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Mar. 17, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0puP8nrIU8

Sony bringing back the 90's. Just like the PS3 a few weeks back. Nice.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - theflightyellz - Mar. 17, 2010

At the end of the day the game is a glorified storage device.
It's worth it for the mew you get for storing 999 Pokemon.
It's still better than
[Image: box.jpg]

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SonicManEXE - Mar. 19, 2010

In the summer, some company GameDr wil release a game timer. Do you know what it does? Lets say you set it for an hour, and when it goes off, it shuts off your game! (Bawling louder than ever before,) WHY?? WHY WOULD THEY DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS?!?!?!?!

Also, man, I hate Pokemon Box! I picked it up at the Pokemon Center (Nintendo World Store, I went a long time ago) when I was visiting New York. The only thing cool (Or good, for that matter) was the part that let you play Ruby or Saphire on it. Since it was before Emerald, FR, and LG, it wouldn't play those games. But I don't get that, because the bonus disk you got from reserving Colleseum had a Jirachi for download for R&S. And it worked for Emerald too! (I'm not sure about FR and LG.) That's what I don't get. And there's another thing for the Gamecube that plays all Game Boy games. The Game Boy Player.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NAP - Mar. 19, 2010

(Mar. 19, 2010  2:05 AM)SonicManEXE Wrote: WHY?? WHY WOULD THEY DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS?!?!?!?!

Children playing video games for a prolonged period time has been (and still is) a major concern amongst parents for the longest time. Something like that could be and effective tool for controlling play time.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Mar. 19, 2010

(Mar. 19, 2010  2:05 AM)SonicManEXE Wrote: In the summer, some company GameDr wil release a game timer. Do you know what it does? Lets say you set it for an hour, and when it goes off, it shuts off your game! (Bawling louder than ever before,) WHY?? WHY WOULD THEY DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS?!?!?!?!

for mentally unstable kids like you, i guess

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Khel - Mar. 19, 2010

(Mar. 17, 2010  9:56 PM)To Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0puP8nrIU8

Sony bringing back the 90's. Just like the PS3 a few weeks back. Nice.

I actually thought this was pretty entertaining.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sora - Mar. 19, 2010

just finished Super Smash Bros. Brawl

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MetalFightKai - Mar. 19, 2010

(Mar. 19, 2010  7:03 PM)Sora Wrote: just finished Super Smash Bros. Brawl

story mode or all the trophies?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Giga - Mar. 19, 2010

(Mar. 19, 2010  2:17 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: for mentally unstable kids like you, i guess

Ouch.

What's stopping them from just turning it on again though?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sora - Mar. 19, 2010

story mode it was wonderful

(Mar. 19, 2010  7:11 PM)Giga Wrote: Ouch.

What's stopping them from just turning it on again though?
yeah i mean they could just take the timer and dismantle it

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - theflightyellz - Mar. 19, 2010

Not without breaking it and being unable to put it back together before a parent or guardian had noticed.
And even then, have you actually considered that this might be a good thing?
When we were kids, we were at least remotely active with our gaming.
We used to cycle round to friends houses to trade Pokemon, or go from friend to friends house to do Mystery gift or get people together for a Goldeneye tournament.
At a bare minimum we'd play our hand held consoles outside...
Mainly because it was too dark to see the screens inside, so we had to bear the horrific glare that picked up on Gameboy screens.
But still, with online gaming at its peak, you guys don't have to be in the same room, or go and get friends together to play multiplayer.
Now you just sit there for countless hours and vegetate in front of one screen or another.

(Mar. 19, 2010  7:32 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Not without breaking it and being unable to put it back together before a parent or guardian had noticed.
And even then, have you actually considered that this might be a good thing?
When we were kids, we were at least remotely active with our gaming.
We used to cycle round to friends houses to trade Pokemon, or go from friend to friends house to do Mystery gift or get people together for a Goldeneye tournament.
At a bare minimum we'd play our hand held consoles outside...
Mainly because it was too dark to see the screens inside, so we had to bear the horrific glare that picked up on Gameboy screens.
But still, with online gaming at its peak, you guys don't have to be in the same room, or go and get friends together to play multiplayer.
Now you just sit there for countless hours and vegetate in front of one screen or another.
I Remember when i was little i would be called 'the pokemon guy' from my friends, and i climbed this tree and spent my time there playing pokemon at break times, and if anyone wanted to battle or trade cards or get advice etc they would climb the tree to talk to me
i remember giving beginners that weren't that good their own gyarados

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - theflightyellz - Mar. 19, 2010

... So you were a geeked out version of Guru kid from Recess?

(Mar. 19, 2010  7:45 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: ... So you were a geeked out version of Guru kid from Recess?

indubitably

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - castleoblivion - Mar. 21, 2010

Any one here know anything about when mario galaxy 2 is coming out, i heard someting about it at gamestop the other day, but, i heard no realease date

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Spaceman - Mar. 21, 2010

May 23rd NA, June 11th EU

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - castleoblivion - Mar. 21, 2010

(Mar. 21, 2010  8:17 AM)Spaceman Wrote: May 23rd NA, June 11th EU

cool,

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Pikachao - Mar. 21, 2010

Quote:Now you just sit there for countless hours and vegetate in front of one screen or another.

Any Everquest player or Diablo player or general gamer like that would have done the same 10 years ago. I guess it's a lot more widespread now though.

If you consider that the DS is currently one of the best selling consoles and it's wifi is still sub-standard, people tend to use it when they're out and about anyways. i.e. The arceus event I went to yesterday got a massive turnout.

Not to mention a lot of online games are more fun when you have someone next to you also playing to laugh at someone's death or whatever.

Just sayin', it's not like nobody EVER leaves their house nowadays if they're a gamer. Grin I do agree that MMOs like WoW are a lot more commonplace though causing the effect you mentioned.