World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SonicManEXE - Feb. 05, 2010

I've noticed that Game Boy cartridges look a lot like NES cartridges, and Game Boy Advance cartridges look like SNES cartridges. And the Game Boy was like the NES with it's 8-bit style, but the Game Boy was capable of better gameplay, and so does the GBA with SNES (Except 16-bit). Do you see what I'm getting at? It may of been a coincidence, but I think it was on purpose.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Crimson - Feb. 05, 2010

Gameboy Cartridges look nothing like Famicom cartridges. There'd be no reason for Nintendo of Japan to design the GB carts to resemble an american product.

And GBA carts look as much like a Super Famicom/SNES cart, as they do an original Famicom cart.

It's just a coincidence that they have similarities, they're just pieces of plastic designed to hold the circuit board. Wink

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SonicManEXE - Feb. 05, 2010

(Looking up at the posts above mine)
I think Sonic 4 is going to be really cool, but I think they did a bad job of keeping secret. They may not of wanted it to be secret, but look at Nintendo! The only things we know about Metroid: Other M and Zelda 2010 is that: Other M is being made with the help of Team Ninja (Ninja Geiden creators) and it will "go deeper into Samus's story.'; Zelda 2010 is going to revolutionize the the Zelda gameplay (i.e. how OoT and Phantom Hourglass made new styles of gameplay).

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Feb. 06, 2010

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/modnation-racers-karting-its-way-to-psp/

Hells yes. I loved LBP on PSP more then on PS3.

Also, the NPD is screwing up the PSP. Gran Turismo was reported to have sold 20k in it's first month. Yet according to it's developers, it's actually done 620k in the US... I realize it was bundled to heck, but no way 600k was just from the bundles when the PSP was available in multiple SKUs, and that being just one.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kei - Feb. 06, 2010

(Feb. 05, 2010  5:11 PM)Giga Wrote: 3 episodes, like Sonic 1,2 and 3. But the amount of levels in Sonic 1 would be unacceptable nowadays, so they're making it episodical.

Ugh, why don't they just release a disc-based version of all three "episodes" then? There is absolutely no reason for them to do this, especially with the success of NSMB Wii. Do they think it wouldn't sell (hint: it would) as a disc? They're not treating the game the way they should be.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Feb. 06, 2010

(Feb. 06, 2010  5:39 AM)Kei Wrote: Ugh, why don't they just release a disc-based version of all three "episodes" then? There is absolutely no reason for them to do this, especially with the success of NSMB Wii. Do they think it wouldn't sell (hint: it would) as a disc? They're not treating the game the way they should be.

They're doing it because no one in their right mind would pay $60 for a retail game that essentially amounts to the same amount of content as the old Genesis games.

It makes much more sense for Sega to release the game in chunks at prices of $10 or so a piece, so that the total ends up being around $30, than it would to release the game on disc at retail for the same price or higher -- they would basically be sending it out to die if they did.

Besides, in a business sense, Sega is probably going to make a lot more money this way because they won't have to pay for packaging, shipping or any retailer's charges to carry it outside of the XBL, PSN and WiiWare licensing fees.

(Feb. 06, 2010  5:48 AM)Roan Wrote: They're doing it because no one in their right mind would pay $60 for a retail game that essentially amounts to the same amount of content as the old Genesis games.

It makes much more sense for Sega to release the game in chunks at prices of $10 or so a piece, so that the total ends up being around $30, than it would to release the game on disc at retail for the same price or higher -- they would basically be sending it out to die if they did.

Besides, in a business sense, Sega is probably going to make a lot more money this way because they won't have to pay for packaging, shipping or any retailer's charges to carry it outside of the XBL, PSN and WiiWare licensing fees.

Do they have to sell it for $60? What if NSMB Wii was a smaller, WiiWare title? It would not have fared nearly as well. I would argue that Sonic does have a similarly large mass appeal as Mario evidently does, so releasing it as a retail game would only be an advantage as far as sales are concerned.

This is SEGAs true sequel to the original Sonic games they produced at their peak and they are releasing it as a "episodic", digital download? Something is wrong there.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Giga - Feb. 06, 2010

Not any more I'm afraid. The recent Sonic games have been to bad to be exited about a new "retail" Sonic. Say there are three episodes Summer, Autumn and Winter. For $10 you have 30+ level original Sonic game. Do you honestly think a store would sell a 30+ level game for $30, as opposed to $60?

(Feb. 06, 2010  12:39 PM)Giga Wrote: Not any more I'm afraid. The recent Sonic games have been to bad to be exited about a new "retail" Sonic. Say there are three episodes Summer, Autumn and Winter. For $10 you have 30+ level original Sonic game. Do you honestly think a store would sell a 30+ level game for $30, as opposed to $60?

Yeah, that is because they haven't been creating what the majority of their customers wanted (a 2D sonic game). You really think they are going to release all of the episodes for a total of $10? If so, then yes it should stay as a digital download, but I would hope that there would be more value in the game than that ...

30+ levels is quite a large amount of levels as well (if that is what it ends up being), if that is what it ends up being; I mean it's more than any other 2D Sonic game (as far as I know).

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Feb. 06, 2010

I think he meant "at $10 each" -- not for the whole package.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Giga - Feb. 06, 2010

(Feb. 06, 2010  9:19 PM)Kei Wrote: Yeah, that is because they haven't been creating what the majority of their customers wanted (a 2D sonic game). You really think they are going to release all of the episodes for a total of $10? If so, then yes it should stay as a digital download, but I would hope that there would be more value in the game than that ...

30+ levels is quite a large amount of levels as well (if that is what it ends up being), if that is what it ends up being; I mean it's more than any other 2D Sonic game (as far as I know).

Yeah, that's what I meant lol. Anyway say 14 levels with 2/3 acts and a boss.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Zeox - Feb. 06, 2010

I hate Lickitungs

I ran into one in the wild, I tried to escape but it said "cant escape" then the Lickitung knocked off my Exp.Share

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - cutewolfsam - Feb. 06, 2010

You do know there is that item you give to your first pokemon and it stops pokemon from appearing right?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Feb. 06, 2010

The majority of Sonic customers are kids. The kids buy the less then good games like Unleashed, or 2006. They don't care about a 2D Sonic, because they think the best Sonic is Sonic Adventure.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Zeox - Feb. 06, 2010

I do now

Now I'm deciding to either play without the EXP.SHARE (Because I am not gonna win that lottery for the second one) Or turn off the DS and turn it on again, But I have no idea where I last saved

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - cutewolfsam - Feb. 06, 2010

Just do whatever you thought of first, if you turn it off you'll go somewhere and just redo what you did and not go into the area where lickitung got into a battle with you.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Zeox - Feb. 07, 2010

Oh thank Jesus

I just noticed that my Pokemon never lost the EXP.Share, It just got removed during the battle

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - theflightyellz - Feb. 07, 2010

Does anyone else find it odd that they never made a sequel to Billy Hatcher?
It got pretty positive reviews, and Billy is still featured as an unlock-able character in Sega games to this day.
Only played a little bit of it, but I've really enjoyed it so far, the art style and music is really enjoyable Smile

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Feb. 07, 2010

Billy Hatcher sold like trash IIRC. There was either a DS or GBA game that also sold like trash, but I can't remember for sure. It came out just around the time Sonic Team started to destroy Sonic, and kill Phantasy Star on consoles.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Benkei - Feb. 07, 2010

Just finished World of Goo. It's very good, it's one of those games that is very simple but addictive all the same. The music is brilliant and the physics work well. I like the way they manage to vary the levels and almost give each one its own story line. Overall I don't think a single person could turn this down for $20.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - cutewolfsam - Feb. 07, 2010

I can what did you play world of goo on?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Benkei - Feb. 07, 2010

Mac.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - cutewolfsam - Feb. 07, 2010

Oh i play it on the wii a whole load cheaper than $20 but it is good i haven't completed it due to me not having played on my wii much but it is good.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SonicManEXE - Feb. 10, 2010

(Feb. 06, 2010  11:54 PM)King To-sama Wrote: They don't care about a 2D Sonic, because they think the best Sonic is Sonic Adventure.

To makes a very good point. I, at twelve years old, (Next Saturday) can't stand most of the original Sonic games. It's a shame, I'm actually pretty good at them. The farthest i've ever gotten in a Sonic Game was Oil Ocean Zone in Sonic 2.
But, I also do think Sonic Adventure is awesome. I really can't bring myself to say which one is better. In Adventure 1, It's storyline its self is enough to win someone over. But SA2 is tempting to get because of it's special Green Hill Zone level you after getting ALL 180 emblems.

I've said what I want to say, but here's a tip. When you get an A at a level, you get of another emblem, even if you've done it before at another rank.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Benkei - Feb. 12, 2010

It seems Megaman 10 will be released on Wii before anything else.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/11/mega-man-10-gets-staggered-march-release/

I really can't wait for this game. It'll be so much fun if they do it right.
And to all of you even contemplating playing it on the all new easy mode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8fpLem2-ho