World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - フェルグラント - Dec. 14, 2009

Well, people obviously want something better right?

Would you use Windows 95 or Windows Vista?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Dec. 14, 2009

(Dec. 14, 2009  6:49 PM)フェルグラント Wrote: Well, people obviously want something better right?

Would you use Windows 95 or Windows Vista?

... what's your point? I don't know what you're getting at. Yes, products get better to compete. You don't really need to point that out.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hagane Ginga - Dec. 14, 2009

(Dec. 14, 2009  6:43 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Felgrand, as usual I have no idea what you are trying to say ...

Metal Gear Solid 3? Demon's Souls? God of War? Forza? Halo?

Come on, that's just not true.

okay, correcting my self, the newer games Smile

edit: i'd rather use windows 95 than vista, vista sucks imo
edit: most of the newer games.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Dec. 14, 2009

Demon's Souls just came out ... GT5 will only be on PS3 when it does come out. Same with God of War 3.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Dec. 14, 2009

(Dec. 14, 2009  6:50 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: edit: i'd rather use windows 95 than vista, vista sucks imo

Wut!?

What does this have to do with anything?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - フェルグラント - Dec. 14, 2009

Sorry for derailing the thread...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Dec. 14, 2009

Early 2010 is going to be killer:

God Of War 3
Mass Effect 2
Gran Turismo 5 (I believe!)
Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles
Star Ocean IV: International
Final Fantasy XIII

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Dec. 14, 2009

Not to mention all of the games that got delayed from this year into early 2010, BioShock 2 being my primary interest.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Khel - Dec. 14, 2009

That was the game I was looking forward too the most.

However I rather they take their time than release it pre-maturely. Not like I play games that much these days.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Dec. 14, 2009

Yeah looking at the release schedule for the DS, PSP, Wii, and PS3 are murder. I'll be working then so I should be able to afford most of what I want. lol

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - trent08 - Dec. 14, 2009

(Dec. 14, 2009  6:28 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think both systems have their own advantages. LIVE isn't free, but it is arguably more full-featured than PSN. And of course, it always comes down to which system has the games you want. However, PS3 has free online, free wifi, built-in blu-ray ... I mean, just looking at it from a hardware standpoint, the PS3 obliterates the 360.

well it think you can't beat the hardware on the nintendo 64. the blow on the games to make them work feature left me breathless

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Dec. 15, 2009

PSP software sales in North America and Europe make me cry. When a POS like Value Games Bundle can place #13 and #16 in the US's NPD on Wii, and DS (this ranking means it moved nearly 300k), when the PSP's top charting title is at #107 with 42,000 and is LittleBigPlanet I honestly don't know what those people with PSP's in NA are doing. The PSP hardware sells decently in Europe, and the US, but they must all be buying $5 UMD videos or something...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Dec. 15, 2009

(Dec. 15, 2009  5:47 PM)To Wrote: The PSP hardware sells decently in Europe, and the US, but they must all be buying $5 UMD videos or something...

It's this wonderful little thing called "piracy".

Look it up sometime.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Dec. 15, 2009

There's like 12 million+ PSPs in the US. Please tell me less then 300,000 aren't pirates.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Dec. 16, 2009

Well I'm sure there's more reasoning behind the low sales besides piracy (poor marketing, etc.), but I'm willing to bet that piracy is the single biggest factor in low software sales on PSP.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SonicManEXE - Dec. 16, 2009

On Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star, there's a anti-privacy function so you can't edit your folder, and when you jack in to your computer, whenever you move a PIXEL, you go into battle. you can't get out of your homepage without fighting 35 or so battles. (I wouldn't care so much, but I just got lazy and didn't feel like doing the 32 remaining Netbattles.)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Dec. 16, 2009

Piracy is non-existant on both the PSP Go, and more or less non-existant on the PSP 3000 (I'm not too sure about that). Yet the UMD based unit hasn't been driving up software sales. As for the Go, dud worldwide. Every PSP (1000/2000/3000/N1000 series) can access the PSN store and play games from there. But I highly doubt that's causing such lacklustre retail results, as PSP software has always struggled before the store became huge for PSP games.

My only hope with PSP software in the US is that the NPD doesn't get numbers from all the big stores. Wal-Mart being the big one. I wouldn't be surprised if say, something like LittleBigPlanet moved more units in a Wal-Mart then a EB Games.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - trent08 - Dec. 16, 2009

Im gonna get silent hill shattered memories on friday (If i can) im realy looking forword to it, anyone got it yet?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Khel - Dec. 16, 2009

(Dec. 16, 2009  1:58 AM)To Wrote: Piracy is non-existant on both the PSP Go, and more or less non-existant on the PSP 3000 (I'm not too sure about that). Yet the UMD based unit hasn't been driving up software sales. As for the Go, dud worldwide. Every PSP (1000/2000/3000/N1000 series) can access the PSN store and play games from there. But I highly doubt that's causing such lacklustre retail results, as PSP software has always struggled before the store became huge for PSP games.

My only hope with PSP software in the US is that the NPD doesn't get numbers from all the big stores. Wal-Mart being the big one. I wouldn't be surprised if say, something like LittleBigPlanet moved more units in a Wal-Mart then a EB Games.

That would be a major skew in the data range, something that any reputable organization would disclose. Wal-Mart is too large a retailer to just completely omit.

The problem for these sales numbers is probably a culmination of piracy, weak promotions and just consumer disinterest. If consumers are not interested in the lineup that is being offered then they won't bite.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Dec. 17, 2009

The NPD doesn't have all the major retailers on a monthly basis. Some stores just decide not to disclose their numbers. Wal-Mart often doesn't disclose them. They didn't have Amazon until recently either.

The PSP's library is too deep to have it's best selling title of the year debut with a 130k month (that was Dissidia). This year has basically had big software released in all genres (ok, except no FPS lol) yet everything bombed in North America. Sony's got to do something. They shouldn't have let this happen to their most profitable hardware.

Also, Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier did 40k in its debut month on PSP/PS2. Yay it didn't completely bomb!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Dec. 17, 2009

(Dec. 17, 2009  12:14 AM)To Wrote: Also, Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier did 40k in its debut month on PSP/PS2. Yay it didn't completely bomb!

I don't know what planet you're living on, but to me, a game that launches across two platforms and only manages to sell 40k in a month screams "huge flop". :\

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Dec. 17, 2009

It's a PSP game with zero advertising. Studios in Japan say they'll turn a profit if their PSP games move atleast 15k. It also helps that the game has development budgets lessened by the fact it uses assests from previous High Impact Games and Jak and Daxter titles. That said, it's no where near the debut numbers for the PS2 Jak games, or Daxter on PSP.

The reason why I rage about LBP is because it had a rather large marketing budget behind it...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Pich - Dec. 17, 2009

Finally beat Link to the Past. I feel so proud of myself now. Pinching_eyes_2
Now onto all the gameboy color games.

Also, anyone have Spirit Tracks? Is it any better than PH? I didn't really like PH but I'm almost willing to give Spirit Tracks a chance. Dunno yet.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Spaceman - Dec. 17, 2009

(Dec. 17, 2009  2:07 AM)Roan Wrote: I don't know what planet you're living on, but to me, a game that launches across two platforms and only manages to sell 40k in a month screams "huge flop". :\

MadWorld performed better than that on the Wii in the same amount of time haha.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Dec. 17, 2009

(Dec. 17, 2009  3:24 AM)Pich Wrote: Also, anyone have Spirit Tracks? Is it any better than PH? I didn't really like PH but I'm almost willing to give Spirit Tracks a chance. Dunno yet.

I just got it yesterday. I haven't played much of it yet, but I really like it so far.