World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - KoD PT - Oct. 01, 2009

(Sep. 27, 2009  3:16 AM)Sam Wrote: Halo 3: ODST:

new M7S and M6C SOCOM are useless, the new pistol in particular is not like halo: combat evolved's sidearm as bungie and the gaming press seem to think, it takes almost 3 clips of head shots to kill 1 brute (wayyy weaker), recoil, and fires slower! SMG is ok on grunts/jackals/drones but is again a lot worse than the previous SMG (reduced mag, stronger recoil, removal of dual wieldage). BR is gone yet Carbine is in (???)... Sniper now takes 2 head shots for brutes...

The auto-mag really is weak, but still works great for the 1 shot on Grunts and Jackals (Drones too, but the SMG is easier to kill them off with). For Brutes, I either take their shields out first with the Plasma Rifle/M7S/Plasma Pistol to follow up with the headshot, or I just use a stronger weapon like the Carbine or Sniper, depending on their availability (ammo gets really scarce when you're playing on Legendary as the Rookie at night). Love to stick the bastards as well lol I think it takes the same number of Sniper headshots it took in Halo 3's campaign to take out a Brute, depending on its class and difficulty level. Most seem to take between 2-3 headshots to kill.
I really don't know why they'd take the BR out though, while still including the similar Carbine...apparently one of the Bungie guys doesn't like it, which sounds dumb. We would almost always see ODSTs in Halo 3 packing a BR with them...

Really wish they had included matchmaking for Firefight, it's hard to get people together to play. It gets kinda boring doing it alone and anything above Normal difficulty is suicide if you don't have more people. Only place I'd even try that is Lost Platoon, the Chopper just dominates there. Also, Catch gets carp annoying and comes really soon, way to easy to die because of it if you're playing on a higher difficulty. Firefight is intense.

Campaign was good to play through, even if short, but Mombasa Streets got boring later on and it didn't help that it looked all the same in many spots. The flashback missions are obviously the best part. Still, I had more fun playing through Halo 3's campaign than I had with ODSTs.

Still got 2 Vidmaster achievements left in ODST, Endure and Déjà Vu, which I probably won't be able to get with my current connection, but other than those, I've got everything else.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - theflightyellz - Oct. 01, 2009

Been playing SNES a lot recently, games really were one hell of a lot better back then.
Earthbound is an absolute diamond, they really should remake it (or at minimum do a virtual console release)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - fragbait - Oct. 01, 2009

(Oct. 01, 2009  6:29 AM)Spaceman Wrote: I'm thinking about getting a PS3. What should I get other than Ratchet and Clank and BioShock?

Resistance 2, Infamous and RE5 as well.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Mukilab1 - Oct. 01, 2009

Anyone here play Gunz: The Duel

Once i got into it i was trapped.

For now there is no other game as fast-paced as this. So every time i play CoD, any fight game or horror/survival game i just find it dull. Even fallout 3 Unhappy

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Oct. 01, 2009

got fifa 2010 today Smile

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Oct. 01, 2009

(Oct. 01, 2009  6:29 AM)Spaceman Wrote: I'm thinking about getting a PS3. What should I get other than Ratchet and Clank and BioShock?

Pick up Quest For Booty (PSN-Only in North America, only Blu-Ray in Europe) as well as Tools Of Destruction, as you've got to complete the Future trillogy with A Crack In Time.

As for other games, wanna mention what kind of games you like? It'd suck for me to type out a list of twenty games you don't care at all about.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - JonnB - Oct. 01, 2009

I just fiished Arkham Asylum Story Mode (ending sucked) and I want to get a new game for PS3 since I just bought any suggestions

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Oct. 01, 2009

(Oct. 01, 2009  9:22 PM)LDrago Wrote: I just fiished Arkham Asylum Story Mode (ending sucked) and I want to get a new game for PS3 since I just bought any suggestions

It's like you didn't read my last post at all...

Anyways, buy Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2* or Demon's Soul and cry at how hard it is. Then sit back and relax as you rent Afrika.

*The first one is a Greatest Hit for $20-$30. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was released this week, Demon's Soul, and Afrika will be available next week.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Blue - Oct. 02, 2009

I second Khels and fragbait's suggestions, but add Motorstorm Pacific Rift!
Mirrors edge has also gone dirt cheapUnhappy get it too
oh MGS4 too?
Motorstorm Arctic Edge is actually amazing. I must have looked funny on the subway grinning and then frowning then oooing.
So tight. To d'you play it yet?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Spaceman - Oct. 03, 2009

I got Ratchet and Uncharted. I'm planning on getting BioShock and Fallout 3(I have them on 360 but they were good enough to play again). I'll eventually get MGS4 and inFamous, as well as the Motorstorm games(they were out when I bought my PS3).

I will have to say no to the Ninja Gaiden games though since I'm not fond of them.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Blue - Oct. 03, 2009

(Oct. 03, 2009  10:32 PM)Spaceman Wrote: I got Ratchet and Uncharted. I'm planning on getting BioShock and Fallout 3(I have them on 360 but they were good enough to play again). I'll eventually get MGS4 and inFamous, as well as the Motorstorm games(they were out when I bought my PS3).

I will have to say no to the Ninja Gaiden games though since I'm not fond of them.

Congrats Dude. I'll ad ya if you want?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Oct. 04, 2009

Had some time with Arctic Edge, and GT. Both are really swell, especially Arctic Edge. Trying to get my friends who are getting a Go to get atleast one of these two so we can have some Ad-Hoc fun.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Spaceman - Oct. 05, 2009

(Oct. 03, 2009  11:57 PM)Blue Wrote: Congrats Dude. I'll ad ya if you want?

Go for it.

Is it just me, or are there not a lot of demos up on PSN?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Blue - Oct. 05, 2009

(Oct. 05, 2009  1:41 AM)Spaceman Wrote: Go for it.

Is it just me, or are there not a lot of demos up on PSN?
? you checked the Demo section? you can browse old and new by title under [ps3 demos]

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Spaceman - Oct. 05, 2009

(Oct. 05, 2009  3:41 AM)Blue Wrote: ? you checked the Demo section? you can browse old and new by title under [ps3 demos]

Yeah, I guess I am just looking for a bunch of games that don't have demos.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Oct. 06, 2009

i made a stupid mistake and preordered fifa 2010 twice, got one in the mail thursday and one today. stupid store wouldn't give me money back, so i traded one of them in for cod4

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kei - Oct. 06, 2009

(Oct. 06, 2009  10:17 PM)SK Wrote: i made a stupid mistake and preordered fifa 2010 twice, got one in the mail thursday and one today. stupid store wouldn't give me money back, so i traded one of them in for cod4

lol, how does that happen? And they wouldn't accept it back in its original packaging? Speechless

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Oct. 06, 2009

because i'm an idiot and broke the seal on both

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - KoD PT - Oct. 07, 2009

So, me, Sam and 2 other guys got together in ODST to do the Endure achievement (passing the 4th Set in Firefight on 4-player Live co-op, Heroic difficulty). Let me tell you, this one is really tough to get through.

Game 1: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/ODSTg.aspx?gameid=45087504&player=KoD%20PT

Game 2: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/ODSTg.aspx?gameid=45131784&player=KoD%20PT

Game 3: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/ODSTg.aspx?gameid=45230036&player=KoD%20PT

We came the closest in the last game, but still only made it to Set 3, Round 3, Wave 5. Our last guy didn't stand a chance against the remaining Brutes and especially, the 3 Fuel Rod gun wielding Chieftans that were left =( After these 3 failed attempts, I had to leave to go to sleep (it was nearly 3am here and I had been playing for nearly 5 hours) so we didn't do any more tries.

Catch is really carp annoying, it's so easy to get stuck by dozens of random plasmas. The Brute Chieftans invincibility is also a cheap way to make the game tougher. Shoot him with 2-3 Rockets, invincibility activates, he runs after you, and unless you're a good distance away, he'll have no trouble catching up and killing you. Sometimes, the best way was to just assassinate him, but it can be tough to pull off.

Hopefully, we can get together for another run. I think we should try Lost Platoon again. I just need to really watch out for enemy Choppers, that's what really did me in during the 2nd game. Other than that, it's mostly trying to keep a distance and using the cannons more, rather than trying to splatter them and ending up stuck by a plasma. We did end up doing better in Crater, but I think it gets tougher in there later on, while for Lost Platoon the Chieftans and Hunters aren't as big of a problem, as long as you're in a Chopper.

Also, Sam, if you need help with Déjà Vu, hit me up if you see me online. If I have time (and my connection allows it), I'll help =)

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xyXDw8xxug

Pretty much the same way you get to drive the AA Wraith back in the Halo 3 campaign lol Should be pretty awesome in Lost Platoon.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Oct. 07, 2009

(Oct. 06, 2009  11:26 PM)SK Wrote: because i'm an idiot and broke the seal on both

why the hell did you open the second one

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Oct. 07, 2009

I have no idea..it just kinda happened. I did it without thinking =/

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Oct. 07, 2009

wow fifa 09 sold 1,7 million copies in 6 days in europe

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Black_Rose - Oct. 08, 2009

(Oct. 07, 2009  8:29 PM)SK Wrote: wow fifa 09 sold 1,7 million copies in 6 days in europe

Fifa '10' is sold out everywhere in my area from what i've been told a friend of mine had to look in four shops before he got a copy.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Oct. 09, 2009

(Oct. 07, 2009  8:29 PM)SK Wrote: wow fifa 09 sold 1,7 million copies in 6 days in europe

woops i meant fifa 10 not 09 lol

i was on psn a few hours ago. had 8 people online on my friendlist, know them all in real life. they were all playing fifa lol

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - fragbait - Oct. 10, 2009

(Oct. 07, 2009  12:38 PM)KoD Wrote: Hopefully, we can get together for another run. I think we should try Lost Platoon again. I just need to really watch out for enemy Choppers, that's what really did me in during the 2nd game. Other than that, it's mostly trying to keep a distance and using the cannons more, rather than trying to splatter them and ending up stuck by a plasma. We did end up doing better in Crater, but I think it gets tougher in there later on, while for Lost Platoon the Chieftans and Hunters aren't as big of a problem, as long as you're in a Chopper.

Is Lost Platoon that abandoned Wildlife reserve? If so, put 1 person in the Wart Turret downstairs and have the other three take up vantage points upstairs. Just be make sure to watch the turrent's Six.