World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Blue - Jul. 04, 2009

(Jul. 03, 2009  9:30 PM)Kei Wrote: Haha, I saw you were online the other day playing it for hours.

I did mess around with the demo for a while, the electric abilities are cool, but ultimately it didn't interest me enough to warrant a purchase. Maybe I'll rent it.
lol
Thats fair as I can see where your coming from. I did play the demo three times but, having played the full game it really does get even better. Some times the platforming got on my nerves (other times it was funner than any other) but the growth of powers and fighting is really rewarding imo

To, hahaha the game messed up my sleeping patterns, stayed up all night thrice i think. recommended

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dat Ax - Jul. 04, 2009

MGS4 and Ratchet and Clank Future are finally greatest hits, so I can getz them for cheap =3

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - KoD PT - Jul. 05, 2009

Finished playing through the Point Lookout quests in Fallout 3 yesterday. Found out all the locations as well, although I still have some areas to explore through better. Great DLC, lasted me for over 20 hours. Had a bunch of "wtf?" moments in as well (trip on the was back through the Sacred Bog). And be it night or day, the swamp is always a creepy place to wander around in.
Something I would've liked to see were some new, exclusive, swamp creatures (other than the Swampfolk) and not just reskins of Mirelurks and Ghouls along with the normal variants and the usuall Vicious Dogs and Bloat flies.

Watch out if you're playing Very Hard. Both Tribals and Swampfolk do a ton of damage, even with crappy weapons. Apparently, they always cause a set amount of unresisted damage points, besides the normal damage.

I was looking forward to the Double Barrel shotgun, but for me it seems to do very little damage. I tested it on the woman who sells weapons/ammo/stuff near Pilgrim's Landing and a point blank range headshot only took out a few bars, while the Terrible Shotgun, A3-21's Plasma Rifle, Lincoln's Repeater all do loads of damage, usually killing her in a single hit. It's almost the same as the wasteland version of the Gauss Rifle which does a lot less damage than it should...

Oh, watch this for some lols:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTHGUjR1M2c

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Guitar_Legend - Jul. 05, 2009

(Jul. 05, 2009  11:57 AM)KoD Wrote: Finished playing through the Point Lookout quests in Fallout 3 yesterday. Found out all the locations as well, although I still have some areas to explore through better. Great DLC, lasted me for over 20 hours. Had a bunch of "wtf?" moments in as well (trip on the was back through the Sacred Bog). And be it night or day, the swamp is always a creepy place to wander around in.
Something I would've liked to see were some new, exclusive, swamp creatures (other than the Swampfolk) and not just reskins of Mirelurks and Ghouls along with the normal variants and the usuall Vicious Dogs and Bloat flies.

Watch out if you're playing Very Hard. Both Tribals and Swampfolk do a ton of damage, even with crappy weapons. Apparently, they always cause a set amount of unresisted damage points, besides the normal damage.

I was looking forward to the Double Barrel shotgun, but for me it seems to do very little damage. I tested it on the woman who sells weapons/ammo/stuff near Pilgrim's Landing and a point blank range headshot only took out a few bars, while the Terrible Shotgun, A3-21's Plasma Rifle, Lincoln's Repeater all do loads of damage, usually killing her in a single hit. It's almost the same as the wasteland version of the Gauss Rifle which does a lot less damage than it should...

Oh, watch this for some lols:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTHGUjR1M2c

Haha I started reading this post but I don't want to find out whats waiting for me in that DLC. I love how Fallout completely sucks you in though, I'm 50 hours into the game without any DLC and I still have another 10-20 to go before I purchase one.

I'm thinking with starting out with Broken Steel, but I'm not really sure. They all look fun to be honest.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Jul. 06, 2009

CARP! i deleted my (the conduit) save by mistake! nooooooooooooooooooooo
i have to redo everything ;(

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jul. 06, 2009

(Jul. 06, 2009  9:40 AM)pegasis Wrote: CARP! i deleted my (the conduit) save by mistake! nooooooooooooooooooooo
i have to redo everything ;(

from the sounds of it it should only take you about fifteen minutes

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Jul. 07, 2009

i am downloading/updating the city of heroes trial for mac

hopefully this is not a complete waste of 13 hours of updating

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Jul. 07, 2009

do i get Protptype???

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - フェルグラント - Jul. 07, 2009

Ahh...I lost to the Factory Head in Pokemon Platinum, darn it

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hyuuga Neji - Jul. 07, 2009

(Jul. 07, 2009  3:54 PM)FelGrand Wrote: Ahh...I lost to the Factory Head in Pokemon Platinum, darn it

can't be worse than argenta

[censored] pulled a LATIOS on my Azelf T.T

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jul. 07, 2009

(Jul. 07, 2009  3:48 PM)pegasis Wrote: do i get Prototype???

I rented this. Game play wise there are things it does better then inFAMOUS, but I feel [Prototype] lacks some of charm that inFAMOUS has. Alex lacks some of the personality Cole has.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Jul. 07, 2009

ya but i dont have a ps3 you know.. then you say i get it for my 360???

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jul. 07, 2009

[Prototype] is the best game I've rented in a long time. When it hits bomba bin prices I'd bite, like I bit with Tomb Raider: Underworld for $10 today.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Jul. 08, 2009

City of Heroes (okay I play as a Villain) is pretty cool.

worth the $15 a month fee? maybe.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Blue - Jul. 08, 2009

Half-life fans(sam, Khel, GL), check out this Source Mod!! looks dope as Hell!:

http://kotaku.com/5308609/explore-neotokyo-in-half-life-2
http://www.neotokyohq.com/media.html

Sweet cyberpunk/Masmune Shirrow aesthetic. Its only MP tho. Trying out tonight

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Khel - Jul. 08, 2009

woah

Hate the fact that my desktop is in the crawl space. I have nowhere to hook it up in the house. Unhappy

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jul. 08, 2009

blarg my mother 3 save file was corrupted

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Crimson - Jul. 08, 2009

Unsmith
Just finished Tales of Monkey Island: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

Damn, do I ever love TellTale.
Every game I've played of theirs has been fantastic.

I truly never thought there would be a new monkey island game released after Escape, but here it is. And it's just as top notch as I'd hope. Smile

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sam - Jul. 08, 2009

i hope people buy that and they do similar reboots of more of those awesome old lucasarts games
YUSSSSS

submitted the correct answer to bungie's bungie day 09 puzzle contest for recon at 2:57 and it ended at 3:08

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Guitar_Legend - Jul. 08, 2009

(Jul. 08, 2009  8:33 AM)Sam Wrote: i hope people buy that and they do similar reboots of more of those awesome old lucasarts games
YUSSSSS

submitted the correct answer to bungie's bungie day 09 puzzle contest for recon at 2:57 and it ended at 3:08

agh i completely forgot about bungie day. wasn't there a playlist where you could play against bungie employee's for recon?

i heard it was like a 0.002% chance to even find a match because it was so overpopulated Lips_sealed

i think i'll just do the 7 achievements..

and blue i'll check that out right away. looks really promising Smile

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - KoD PT - Jul. 08, 2009

(Jul. 05, 2009  5:23 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: Haha I started reading this post but I don't want to find out whats waiting for me in that DLC. I love how Fallout completely sucks you in though, I'm 50 hours into the game without any DLC and I still have another 10-20 to go before I purchase one.

I'm thinking with starting out with Broken Steel, but I'm not really sure. They all look fun to be honest.

Get Broken Steel first, for the level cap lift and so you can finish "Take it Back!" without the game ending. You don't have to play through it first though. Watch out for the new enemies if you're playing on high levels, they can take a beating and deliver it back.
Anchorage isn't very long, but the combat was enjoyable and you get some awesome loot. Not sure if it's been fixed, but there was a glitch that let you bring all the simulation items back to the wasteland and they don't degrade (the Winterized T-51b Power Armor you get at the end of the quest through normal means is the simulation version, not the wasteland version and therefore it doesn't degrade either).
The Pitt, although less than Point Lookout, had a good atmosphere, being dark and creepy, especially in the Steel Yard. There's tons to loot and more exploring to be done, but the items you get aren't as great as those from Anchorage/Broken Steel (quantity over quality).
Point Lookout would benefit from having the others completed before so you have better gear to help you through (especially on Very Hard). Other than that, it was great to play through and there's a lot more to explore than in the others with a bunch of cool places to find and wander around in.

Right now, I have sunk over 240 hours in Fallout 3 and although I've completed every quest so far (until Mothership Zeta arrives), I'm not even done exploring the Capital Wasteland fully. Sometimes I spend hours exploring through new places, going into every local map location, like sewers, houses, etc and reading all the messed up/funny history on the places using terminals. It does really suck you in.

Anyone play on yesterday's "Bungie vs World" playlist to celebrate Bungie Day (07/07) in Halo 3? I had a few games in (didn't have much time), but I never came across any of the Bungie teams. The playlist was a 4 vs 4 mix of slayer/CTF on 35 community maps (had mostly variants of Sandbox, along with a few Foundry ones). After some games, I started getting mostly Brigadiers/Colonels/Generals, so it kinda sucked for me =(
They got pics of the new maps as well. Heretic, Midship's remake, seems like it got a "Cortana" makeover. Citadel, inspired from The Covenant's inner levels (seems really small and empty...). Longshore, which is supposed to be for "larger scale combat" (Big Team map maybe) and looks aesthetically like the Floodgate/The Storm levels from Campaign (minus the flood infestation).

EDIT: ^ Yeah, overpopulated like hell lol Even at the time I was playing, there were like, over 160000 people in the playlist.
Also, congrats Sam =)

V haha, yeah, it's pretty much all I do other than when I'm at work. I still try to come every once in a while, even if I don't log in, just to catch up, read around, etc.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Jul. 08, 2009

ahh i play halo3 everyday but i forgot to yesterday Unhappy it sucks that i missed this..

lol KoD you like come once every week and write a long paragraph about halo and fallout in this exact thread everytime.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Guitar_Legend - Jul. 08, 2009

I think I'm going to buy The Pitt and Broken Steel. Anchorage sounds fun but I heard you can't return after you complete it, so it can wait.

I LOVE exploring too though. I always completely sweep each building I discover..even if it takes me an hour or two. I think I'm really close to finding 100 unique locations, so I should be getting that achievement soon. I have about 4 quests left until I get all of the achievements, and I was thinking about looking for where they are online, but..I'd rather discover them myself Smile I really need to explore downtown more, lately I've been walking around the borders of the map..I ran into Old Olney a few days ago, and..wow. Used like all of my Bottlecap mines.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Spaceman - Jul. 08, 2009

KoD, the Winterized t51b does degrade, just very slowly. Like, unusually slow.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sam - Jul. 08, 2009

on that bungie day note

[Image: 16199426.jpg]

[Image: 16181237.jpg]