World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Jun. 15, 2009

[Image: teabaggraph.jpg]

lmfao this is true

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kei - Jun. 16, 2009

(Jun. 15, 2009  3:11 AM)Roan Wrote: Future Wii Titles Will Play Themselves

Oh, Nintendo...

Would have made more sense to have Warp Zones like in the original Super Mario Bros. There is so many problems with this type of "help". :\

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jun. 16, 2009

White Knight Chronicles has been given a Q1 2010 release in North America. Jeeze, Level 5 suck at localization, and fixing the game (it launched in December in Japan). Not only that, they're lining themselves up to be squished between God Of War 3, and Final Fantasy XIII.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jun. 17, 2009

http://kotaku.com/5294375/sonys-magic-eyetoy-wand-when-it-was-for-the-ps2

I want to see if I have this OPM disc, lmao.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - McMongol - Jun. 18, 2009

...to this day i've only played one game on my ps3.

damnnnnn

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sega - Jun. 18, 2009

(Jun. 15, 2009  3:11 AM)Roan Wrote: Future Wii Titles Will Play Themselves

Oh, Nintendo...

Probably there for the casuals who think Mario is too hard lol.

(Jun. 14, 2009  10:22 PM)To Wrote: The Atari that is around now is a completely different Atari then the one who created home consoles, and handhelds. That one died in the 90's and sold its brand name to Hasbro, who later sold the brand name to a French company called Infogrames.

Pretty misleading in a way, the only thing Infogrames got out of the deal was a more known name, which is pretty pointless tbh.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - mdhvdukshsj - Jun. 18, 2009

(Jun. 18, 2009  8:34 AM)Baronrana Wrote: ...to this day i've only played one game on my ps3.

damnnnnn

hahahahahahahah suckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Jun. 18, 2009

(Jun. 18, 2009  8:34 AM)Baronrana Wrote: ...to this day i've only played one game on my ps3.

damnnnnn

lmaooooo

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Jun. 18, 2009

Forza 3 limited edition?! (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product%5FID=75078)

Now it's either this or Halo ODST for me. I don't think I'd be getting the LE for ODST- don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty sick nasty, but $100 for the game + recolored controller doesn't really persuade me lol.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jun. 18, 2009

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/42919/118/

new xbox next year

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - drigerfan - Jun. 18, 2009

(Jun. 18, 2009  10:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/42919/118/

new xbox next year

Great, getting an xbox will cost even more money!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jun. 18, 2009

(Jun. 18, 2009  10:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/42919/118/

new xbox next year

Microsoft is going to have to offer a lot of incentives to third party developers if the initial batch of Natal games bomb. So I'm not sure how this will turn out. Hopefully the Xbox won't have the Natal camera built into the 360 like the Kotaku article implies, because that is pretty stupid.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Jun. 19, 2009

(Jun. 18, 2009  11:44 PM)To Wrote: Microsoft is going to have to offer a lot of incentives to third party developers if the initial batch of Natal games bomb. So I'm not sure how this will turn out. Hopefully the Xbox won't have the Natal camera built into the 360 like the Kotaku article implies, because that is pretty stupid.

Um... Why would having the camera built-in to the new system be stupid? Makes perfect sense to me. The motion control is the main focus of the new hardware, so having it built into a new system with that focus in mind seems to be the right choice.

Besides, they've already said multiple times that Natal will work with all Xbox 360's, so it's not as if this new console is going to make the current 360 obsolete. I'm sure they will sell the camera separately as an add-on for current 360's. This new hardware is more in line with the evolution of DS Lite to DSi or PSP to PSPgo -- it's not a new console generation, it's just a revision of what's currently available with some added features.

Oh, and to your point about MS having to offer incentives to 3rd parties if the initial Natal games bomb... Why? The new Xbox will run "normal" 360 games as well, so it's not as if the success of this new system is absolutely dependent upon Natal-based games.

tl;dr : Go troll somewhere else plz

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Blue - Jun. 19, 2009

he aint trolling that bad, I too think it be stupid to have the tof cam and stuff built in.
for the sake of A/V setups where all the gear is behind a door or concealed or if the Xbox is to the right or left of the screen oor vertical..

anyway its really wait and see

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jun. 19, 2009

(Jun. 19, 2009  2:33 AM)Roan Wrote: Um... Why would having the camera built-in to the new system be stupid? Makes perfect sense to me. The motion control is the main focus of the new hardware, so having it built into a new system with that focus in mind seems to be the right choice.

Besides, they've already said multiple times that Natal will work with all Xbox 360's, so it's not as if this new console is going to make the current 360 obsolete. I'm sure they will sell the camera separately as an add-on for current 360's. This new hardware is more in line with the evolution of DS Lite to DSi or PSP to PSPgo -- it's not a new console generation, it's just a revision of what's currently available with some added features.

Oh, and to your point about MS having to offer incentives to 3rd parties if the initial Natal games bomb... Why? The new Xbox will run "normal" 360 games as well, so it's not as if the success of this new system is absolutely dependent upon Natal-based games.

tl;dr : Go troll somewhere else plz

You super misunderstood me on the camera part. I didn't mean bundling it with the Camera would be stupid. The Kotaku page indicated that the camera would actually physically be built into the Xbox. Which if any camera I have ever owned in my life is any indication, you need light, and most people don't have bright lights in their entertainment stands. Not to mention that basically eleminates having the 360 under the TV (as the camera would just get your legs).

As for the incentives comment, I only say that because if 3rd parties publish titles for Natal that push the hardware, and they bomb they're going to flee faster then PSP, and tradtional Wii game development studios. Simply because they don't really have "Lets port it to Wii, or PS3, or PC" option unless studios are willing to take their time to engineer that to work with the PSeye, or random PC USB camera 34. It could very well be like the Eyetoy, where the only games designed to solely work with it are only made by the company that made the device, and half those games won't see domestic release.

This is like the second time I've posted this in as many days, rage less?

Edit- Blue seemed to get what I meant with the Camera and stupid comment.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jun. 19, 2009

do you both seriously think that by "built in" they mean the camera will be housed inside the console

if so you are both unimaginably retarded

I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of like... Hide-away function for the camera.

Like there's a spot on the actual system itself for the camera to be locked into, but you can remove it as well to place it somewhere higher up/outside of your cabinet.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - fragbait - Jun. 19, 2009

I'm guessing that it will be similar to the hideaway plastic flaps on the Wii.
It will cost them 3 cents to make it and the extra feature will cost you 100 bucks.
^^^^^^^^
speculation based on no real fact.

(Jun. 19, 2009  5:16 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: do you both seriously think that by "built in" they mean the camera will be housed inside the console

if so you are both unimaginably retarded

It's Microsoft, nothing they do would surprise. And there is a big difference between bundled with, and built in.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696707/Activision-CEO-Warns-They-Might-Have-To-Stop-Supporting-Sony----Sony-Responds.html

Holy carp, that's intense. I doubt very much Activision will stop supporting Playstation (because the more systems they can put Guitar Hero on the better, right?), but it's pretty crazy to hear this coming from the CEO of the company.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Ash - Jun. 19, 2009

Well if XBOX 360 can pull off a massive stunt with Project Natel, Sony's probably busted.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Giga - Jun. 19, 2009

GUITAR HERO: Motion.
"Move your fingers just as playing the real guitar, strum chords and bust out some solos!"

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sam - Jun. 19, 2009

fps games are going to suck on natal, natal sucks (lmao kidding although really that is the genre i spend 80% of my time gaming playing)

i hope what a kotaku rumor said was true, that the new natal xbox could be ever slightly more powerful than the current hardware (being capable of higher framerates on existing games, etc.). too bad that would cause infinite problems and isn't going to happen. Unhappy

(Jun. 19, 2009  6:26 PM)Roan Wrote: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696707/Activision-CEO-Warns-They-Might-Have-To-Stop-Supporting-Sony----Sony-Responds.html

Holy carp, that's intense. I doubt very much Activision will stop supporting Playstation (because the more systems they can put Guitar Hero on the better, right?), but it's pretty crazy to hear this coming from the CEO of the company.

Biggest empty threat I have ever heard. I know Activision isn't one to dabble in new IPs (they'd much rather cancel them), but it makes sense to launch a game with a $30 million budget only on the PC, and 360, with the motion that it might bomb (ala Bionic Commando), rather then giving it a chance to another 20+ million people.

This is Activision being stupid. It's not new. They have some personal problem with Sony. It's probably because Sony isn't selling them SDK's for cheap, and they aren't supporting them as well as Sony supports other third parties. Their CEO has been saying how the PS3 needed a price drop probably before the thing was even released.

And when was the last time Activision released a good PSP game? I'm willing to wager never. And it's not like PSP development is expensive.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jun. 19, 2009

activision is a cancer on gaming