World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jun. 02, 2009

Not at Sony's E3, they announced Peace Walker for PSP (The Big Boss game, aka Portable Ops 2). But MS said it's multiplatform themselves, and even if it was just on PC (doubt it) they still would have pimped it out more, hell they pimped out maps for Modern Warfare 2.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - theflightyellz - Jun. 02, 2009

.. I miss the days when Nintendo were actually good, and reliable, and made me spend money on good games.
Now they're just like an abandoning parent that won't pay child support, who have left me with fun uncle Sony Tired
Seriously though, The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XIII and XIV look absolutely carping amazing!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kei - Jun. 02, 2009

I wasn't able to catch all of the Sony conference, but I was pleasantly surprised by what they had to show off.

It is funny how everyone is saying that Natal and Sony's motion controller are going to rival the Wii and its market, yet the only thing they had to show was tech demos, and they aren't even being released this year. The devices are really interesting, but it is just too late for Sony and Microsoft. Sean Malstrom has posted a couple interesting blogs about Natal, and the Microsoft conference:
Microsoft E3 Conference 2009: Narta, the new Phantom
Email: Why was there a skateboard controller if Phantom was going to revolutionize everything

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Jun. 02, 2009

(Jun. 02, 2009  10:53 PM)Kei Wrote: I wasn't able to catch all of the Sony conference, but I was pleasantly surprised by what they had to show off.

It is funny how everyone is saying that Natal and Sony's motion controller are going to rival the Wii and its market, yet the only thing they had to show was tech demos, and they aren't even being released this year. The devices are really interesting, but it is just too late for Sony and Microsoft. Sean Malstrom has posted a couple interesting blogs about Natal, and the Microsoft conference:
Microsoft E3 Conference 2009: Narta, the new Phantom
Email: Why was there a skateboard controller if Phantom was going to revolutionize everything

I can't believe you even had the audacity to link us to that first article. That is seriously one of the biggest flame-baiting pieces of writing I've ever read.

Natal's tech demos AFAIK were all pre-recorded stuff. If it works the way they say it will then that is a pretty huge leap above Nintendo. We know the wand was live. Even though I still think motion sensing is a carping stupid idea. There are things that made me lol, like when the guy tickled the troll creature durring the wand's announcement. And if Natal works the way they say it was, then I admit it is impressive.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jun. 02, 2009

(Jun. 02, 2009  10:57 PM)Roan Wrote: I can't believe you even had the audacity to link us to that first article. That is seriously one of the biggest flame-baiting pieces of writing I've ever read.

seriously, what a piece of junk. good lord

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kei - Jun. 02, 2009

(Jun. 02, 2009  10:57 PM)Roan Wrote: I can't believe you even had the audacity to link us to that first article. That is seriously one of the biggest flame-baiting pieces of writing I've ever read.

Many of his articles have a tendency to do that. About the first article ... I certainly don't agree or understand a lot of the stuff he talked about, such as it being a parody of Microsoft's conference? Uuhhh? Or his comments on FF XII. His Natal hypothesis is something I can neither say I agree or disagree with, but I am confident that it won't have much of an effect once it is released, but I do hope that I am proven wrong.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Jun. 02, 2009

(Jun. 02, 2009  10:59 PM)To Wrote: Natal's tech demos AFAIK were all pre-recorded stuff. If it works the way they say it will then that is a pretty huge leap above Nintendo. We know the wand was live. Even though I still motion sensing is a carping stupid idea. There are things that made me lol, like when the guy tickled the troll creature durring the wand. And if Natal works the way they say it was, then I admit it is impressive.

Dude read around online, there are lots of reports from people who have actually used Natal and as far as I can tell, and judging from what everyone is saying about it, it works pretty much exactly as they showed it during the conference.

As awesome as I think Natal is, I really don't think it's going to do anything to help MS overtake Nintendo. It's a little too space-age and, despite the opposite intention, I think it's a little intimidating to people, especially those who aren't already dedicated gamers.

(Jun. 02, 2009  11:05 PM)Roan Wrote: Dude read around online, there are lots of reports from people who have actually used Natal and as far as I can tell, and judging from what everyone is saying about it, it works pretty much exactly as they showed it during the conference.

As awesome as I think Natal is, I really don't think it's going to do anything to help MS overtake Nintendo. It's a little too space-age and, despite the opposite intention, I think it's a little intimidating to people, especially those who aren't already dedicated gamers.

Didn't know that MS allowed people to check it out. Now I do. Just assumed that since they didn't live demo it thay they weren't totally confident in it working.

And I don't think the wand will do any good for Sony either. It'll be decently popular in Europe, like all of Sony's casual stuff usually is (Buzz, Eyetoy, Singstar, etc.). But it will likely be largely ignored in North America because of piss poor marketing and the PS3's sticker price (which I think will go down once that European convention, or TGS come around). If they were to launch a modified version on the PS2 and bundle it as a cheaper alternative to the Wii I can see it doing well in North America.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Blue - Jun. 03, 2009

Im partial to sonys lineup because of Uncharted, Heavy rain and the trico project, but both Microsoft and Sony had strong conferences.
I really dig crackdown 2, omg. kudos to T10 of Forza 3, I dunno what PD do all day..

ps brad I think you should buy a 360

(Jun. 02, 2009  10:53 PM)Kei Wrote: It is funny how everyone is saying that Natal and Sony's motion controller are going to rival the Wii and its market, yet the only thing they had to show was tech demos, and they aren't even being released this year.

The devices are really interesting, but it is just too late for Sony and Microsoft. Sean Malstrom has posted a couple interesting blogs about
I disagree. Its hardly too late, because despite its success, the Wii does not really do what most of us were lead to believe it would [1:1 essentially. no false reading... ]. Motion + is only arriving now, and while thats good, the Wii sports still looks a little dodgy.

I like Sony's tech, by the end the was demo really impressive (sword and shield and archery was killer).
I feel like Natal is tgtbt, but I've read up a bit about the camera and MS buying ZCam and Im sure it works well. To me the voice recognition is its coolest feature tho.
Its by far more advanced than either of sony's or nintendo's offerings but also seems furthest from market.
The competition is good and not too late either considering the projected console lifespans, right?

Also, those articles for the most part are pretty bad man. the parody stuff esp.

PS. I am happy with buttons and joysticks though

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jun. 03, 2009

blue i want a 360 lol

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Spaceman - Jun. 03, 2009

Do want Metroid: Other M. Voice-acted Samus on the other hand...ehh...

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Jun. 03, 2009

screw all these motion controls, i just want a regular controller

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - AnnieDuck - Jun. 03, 2009

the psp go is really, really gross looking

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Blue - Jun. 03, 2009

(Jun. 03, 2009  10:04 AM)SK Wrote: screw all these motion controls, i just want a regular controller

this.

anyway guys this footage is amazing
http://www.gtplanet.net/stunning-gran-turismo-psp-gameplay-footage/
its hard to believe thats on a psp

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jun. 03, 2009

(Jun. 03, 2009  2:05 AM)Blue Wrote: I dunno what PD do all day..

(Jun. 03, 2009  6:10 PM)Blue Wrote: anyway guys this footage is amazing
http://www.gtplanet.net/stunning-gran-turismo-psp-gameplay-footage/
its hard to believe thats on a psp

You answered your own question.

New EyePet trailer is awesome. I really want it, despite it being as casual as a video game can be.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Jun. 03, 2009

halo odst looks pretty sick.. can't wait to be able to get it. urban environments and less rush-based and more tactical.

i think it's like a blend of ghost recon and halo 3, and that's exactly what i like/want. Smile

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jun. 03, 2009

i don't even play splinter cell or know anything about it but conviction looks awesome

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Guitar_Legend - Jun. 03, 2009

(Jun. 03, 2009  9:30 PM)bugturtles Wrote: halo odst looks pretty sick.. can't wait to be able to get it. urban environments and less rush-based and more tactical.

i think it's like a blend of ghost recon and halo 3, and that's exactly what i like/want. Smile

yesss i'm really pumped for the new Halo games. ODST seems like it will be a solid experience, but Halo: Reach..man that has so much potential. Reach is really, really epic to say the least, and it's even gonna have multiplayer.

Modern Warfare 2 looks really good too.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Jun. 03, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WbDBxhaX7M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvDWleKmhYs

If Sony's marketing wasn't so dull and un-imaginative these two could be big titles. But of course they'll be released only on the PSN, and never talked of ever again.

New Heavy Rain trailer is slick as well, too bad I know the game will tank. No amount of marketing is going to make Heavy Rain a franchise, it simply is too normal.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Crimson - Jun. 04, 2009

[Image: 2czo935.jpg]
I'm Guybrush Threepwood.... and I look retarded.
Unhappy
Dammit LucasArts, you go and announce Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition, and then show off how ugly the 'remastered' version graphics are.

I think I'll use the 'classic' mode, I just want the voice acting, since I'm sure it'll be top notch.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kei - Jun. 04, 2009

(Jun. 03, 2009  2:05 AM)Blue Wrote: Im partial to sonys lineup because of Uncharted, Heavy rain and the trico project, but both Microsoft and Sony had strong conferences.

I disagree. Its hardly too late, because despite its success, the Wii does not really do what most of us were lead to believe it would [1:1 essentially. no false reading... ]. Motion + is only arriving now, and while thats good, the Wii sports still looks a little dodgy.

Heavy Rain and The Last Guardian look amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on them.

Lets assume that both Natal and Sony's motion controller are being released this time next year (I doubt it); Wii Motion+ will have been out for an entire year already and you can bet that there will be a lot of software for it by then, enforcing the Wii's stranglehold on the expanded market. I was very disappointed, and surprised that Nintendo didn't really announce any Motion+ specific games at their conference, but it may come later in the year hopefully.

Both Microsoft's and Sony's demos of their interfaces were impressive, but with a launch date and software nowhere in sight, along with a likely high price point, I really can't see them taking any of Nintendo's marketshare.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Jun. 04, 2009

To be entirely honest I don't expect Natal to be released for the current Xbox.

I'd be more inclined to think that the technology would be built into the next system. Given all the rumblings and rumors of a new HD-capable Wii in 2010, I wouldn't be surprised to see another Xbox around the same time.

As for Sony's motion controller stuff, well... It was still just a prototype, and it requires not only the wand but a Playstation Eye camera as well. I don't expect to see that for a very long time. Someone already said it (I think it might have been To?), but I think it would make so much more sense for Sony to implement this tech with the PS2 and bundle it with that hardware as a direct competitor to the Wii.

They probably won't do that because they're Sony and lately they seem not to know how to make good business decisions, but whatever.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Kei - Jun. 04, 2009

Yeah, it would make a lot more sense for Natal to be released for the next Xbox. Microsoft is just not in a position to release the device the right now. Same goes for Sony and their device, although the PS2 is an option.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Sam - Jun. 04, 2009

new xbox probably won't be out till atleast holiday 2011 so i hope we don't have to wait that long Lips_sealed