World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Dec. 13, 2008

That CNN article is stupid anyways, they say it has no real games to make you buy one. If LBP, Resistance, and MGS4 aren't, then the 360 and Wii have nothing. They then say it sucks because of Blu-Ray. Their only non-subjective, non-fanboy, arguement is the most logical, and truthful, that being the price. And as I've mentioned, seemingly more times then I have fingers, Sony will address that next year. I would say right when Killzone 2 launches.

That writer was flame-baiting; "Tell yourself the PS3 has superior graphics if it makes you feel better, but a $400 console with a mediocre game library simply cannot compete against an Xbox 360..."

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Dec. 13, 2008

yes, "cnn money" is flame-baiting you idiot

hey how is littlebigplanet selling anyway?

http://kotaku.com/5093504/volatile-holiday-market-partly-to-blame-for-littlebigplanet-sales Wrote:The game moved a solid if unspectacular 215,000 copies in the United States during its debut month of October — just four days, really — and 69,000 units during its first two weeks of availability in Japan.

you're in denial

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Dec. 13, 2008

Yeah man I wasn't trying to get you upset or to try to convince you to buy a 360 or anything like that at all.

As I said, I really don't like being all doom and gloom on Sony, but I'm just bringing up valid conversation over some really troubling sales numbers.

Do I think Sony is going to go anywhere? No, probably not. As you said, they're a huge company with their hands in a lot of cookie jars. But do I think they will drop out of the console race next generation? Possibly. Sony is still taking a massive hit on every PS3 they sell, so dropping the price again is almost entirely out of the question which is what really is screwing them, because at a high price they can't sell enough of the things to make it profitable, which in the world of business traditionally means "abort".

I'm not looking at this console race from the perspective of being a fan of one system or the other, I'm looking directly at the sales numbers, the approximate install bases of each system and the sales/attach rates of the software for each. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Sony's in an uphill battle right now.

Trust me, if it were the 360 in this position and the PS3 were on top, I'd be right there with the rest of you pointing out its flaws and what MS needs to improve on to make the console successful. Unfortunately that's not the case this generation. Yet here I am again doing my best to make it clear to everyone that I'm not being a fanboy, though I can almost guarantee a chosen few here will twist my words and make it seem that way.

I've been wanting to rant about this for a while and I have no idea why but now seems like the perfect opportunity to so here goes. Screw you all. I am not a fanboy. I have a preference, sure, but we all do. I'm getting really sick of all of you (ok mostly just To, Blue and especially brandonk) trying to paint me as this huge walking billboard for Microsoft who thinks they do no wrong and whose games and systems are perfect.

Ok first off... carp you. Anyone who thinks that is clearly a fool. There a number of things I dislike about the 360 and everything it entails (failure rate and generally carp hardware being the number one concern), but I still prefer the console over the PS3. It appeals to me more, and I like the games and services it has to offer more than the competition. It helps that all of my friends I like to play games with also play predominately on 360. I'm not much of a lone wolf. If I want to play games online, it has to be with friends and most of my friends are on 360, because well, Xbox Live is a superior service in my opinion.

It boggles me that the lot of you are all allowed to trumpet Sony and the PS3 yet if I say anything positive about 360 or Microsoft I am instantly lambasted and brandonk comes flying from the shadows to call me everything he can possibly think of and fit in a post. Blue, you're just as bad, but you manage to sugar coat it so it doesn't look like you're doing anything wrong. To, well... You're To.

This post is basically going nowhere now but carp I really just wanted to say this out in the open because I am getting really pissed off by all this carp. Its stupid and not worth arguing about. We all have preferences, why do we feel its necessary to force our own preferences on everyone else? (Not saying I'm not guilty of this; I know I've done things like it in the past)

EDIT: Oh also screw you. I own a PS3. So don't even go there. I spent $400 on the damn thing, I have every right to complain and bring up what I think is wrong with it and if you disagree with that then you really need to get a carp reality check because I'm pretty sure dropping four Benjamin's on something entitles you to complain when it doesn't meet your expectations.

(Dec. 13, 2008  5:44 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: yes, "cnn money" is flame-baiting you idiot

hey how is littlebigplanet selling anyway?

Article wasn't even written by CNN Money, it was written by a third party called Silicon something or another. Had Denis Dyack been included I would have said Silicon Knights...

Just because it isn't selling well now, doesn't mean its total in the future won't be large. A game that heavily relies on a community usually has legs, and rather large ones. So once Sony drops that PS3 next year, I won't be too surprised to see a Sackboy PS3 Bundle, to make sure everyone buying the thing in 2009 has the reason to own a PS3.

And Roan, I think it's because you tend to not sugar coat things, and are too brash in your comments. I remember your LBP first play being something like " I played LBP, I see nothing special.". That stung, that stung a lot, since a bit before that, I just called that game my favourite game that I've ever played.

So now, what exactly is wrong with me? The constant "Get Out"s, and "You're an idiot" don't exactly paint much of a picture in terms of what I can improve upon.

(Dec. 13, 2008  5:57 AM)To Wrote: And Roan, I think it's because you tend to not sugar coat things, and are too brash in your comments. I remember your LBP first play being something like " I played LBP, I see nothing special.". That stung, that stung a lot, since a bit before that, I just called that game my favourite game that I've ever played.

this is because you are a manchild

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Dec. 13, 2008

(Dec. 13, 2008  12:46 AM)yruahippo Wrote:
(Dec. 13, 2008  12:26 AM)pegasis Wrote: i know but common every body makes mistakes,and cutting hand is when the thing stolen worths a certion amount of money and btw in saudi they sometimes cut hands of thiefs.

I'm sure in countries that they cut your hands off, they cut them off for trivial things as well as big things.

Quote:The interior ministry in Saudi Arabia says an Afghan man, found guilty of pickpocketing in Mecca's Grand Mosque, has had his right hand amputated in public.
they wont cut my hand,if they will cut hands they will cut the hands of people who sells them not who buy them!i just buy i dont steel.but also i know wut am doing is wrong but my father wont let me buy more than 1 game in 2-3 months if they where all original disks.
i got midnight club LA and its the best racing game i ever playedSmile i heard that its so hard but i didnt feel that,if it was esier it would suck!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NAP - Dec. 13, 2008

(Dec. 13, 2008  11:34 AM)pegasis Wrote: i got midnight club LA and its the best racing game i ever playedSmile i heard that its so hard but i didnt feel that,if it was esier it would suck!

Obviously you've never played Mario Kart... lol jk
I'm a big fan of tthe midnight club series, glad you're enjoying it.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - mdhvdukshsj - Dec. 13, 2008

To Wrote:So now, what exactly is wrong with me? The constant "Get Out"s, and "You're an idiot" don't exactly paint much of a picture in terms of what I can improve upon.

Because you say this like this
Quote:
And Roan, I think it's because you tend to not sugar coat things, and are too brash in your comments. I remember your LBP first play being something like " I played LBP, I see nothing special.". That stung, that stung a lot, since a bit before that, I just called that game my favourite game that I've ever played.

(Dec. 13, 2008  5:57 AM)To Wrote: And Roan, I think it's because you tend to not sugar coat things, and are too brash in your comments. I remember your LBP first play being something like " I played LBP, I see nothing special.". That stung, that stung a lot, since a bit before that, I just called that game my favourite game that I've ever played.

Ok so you expect people who have differing opinions from your own not to share them simply to spare your own feelings?

Sorry, the world doesn't work that way. I know I can be brash and blunt with my comments, but I've always been that way and I don't foresee myself changing. Why lie or sugarcoat something? If you're going to state an opinion you might as well be forthright with it.

I used the LBP comment because it relates to myself, it being the game with universal acclaim, and loved by the 400.000 people who bought it...

But this "nothing special" is something you seem to say about any PS3 related thing. With the only notable exception being Metal Gear Solid 4, but then you even changed that tune a week later. That is why we get mad. To atleast me, it seems that Sony can dance on their heads, sweat out a donkey, and clone Phil Harrison, but you still wouldnt be impressed.

Why the carp do you care if we worship the ground that Sony walks under? Fact is, we're both super disappointed in the system, and we expect more.

I'm sorry if this doesn't jive with your manchild/fanboy nature, but it's the truth. I half a grand when I got a PS3 and I regret every cent.

As a game I liked MGS4 a lot, I thought it was great. I enjoyed it right up until the final cutscene which completely carp all over everything I had just went through in the narrative.

And you're right, I do say that a lot about PS3 games, and its because its true. LBP I don't even want to play anymore because its honestly a sub-par platformer with an amazing level editor that the game won't even let me into until I've beaten the single player setup, which is honestly nothing more than a poorly disguised tutorial on how to do things in the level editor. Its frustrating, especially since I had no interest in the game outside of creating my own levels and I can't even do that. Not to mention the controls carp suck.

I've had this same "ho-hum" reaction to a lot of PS3 games. Uncharted was a decent game, but again, it didn't really do anything special outside of look amazing graphically. Resistance 1... Well you know how I feel about that trash. Heavenly Sword was a poorly designed but beautiful looking God of War clone. The list goes on.

I just have yet to be really "wowed" by a PS3 game, MGS4 being the only exception, but even that game carp in my mouth by the time I got to the end.

What I don't understand is that Ryan and I are both fanboys when we are open about how feel about the PS3; yet, people like To get personally offended! They're corporations; they don't give a carp about you.

You all act like Nintendo fans.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Dec. 13, 2008

(Dec. 13, 2008  6:22 PM)Artie Wrote: You all act like Nintendo fans.
wuts wrong with them, am a nintendo fan Wink

Point proven.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Rocky - Dec. 13, 2008

(Dec. 13, 2008  7:55 PM)Roan Wrote: Point proven.

XD I was just thinking the same thing.

Still, this thread is starting to hurt my head a bit.......anyone want to make a different 'random gaming thought'? ^^;

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Dec. 13, 2008

To get over yourself, "stung alot"? what the carp

1. its his personal opinion
2. its a video game. its not like he offended anyone you love or something like that

truth is, lbp is average game overrated a lot because of hype by reviewers, kinda like mario galaxy. and this is coming from a ps3 fan

(Dec. 13, 2008  9:02 PM)SK Wrote: To get over yourself, "stung alot"? what the carp

1. its his personal opinion
2. its a video game. its not like he offended anyone you love or something like that

truth is, lbp is average game overrated a lot because of hype by reviewers, kinda like mario galaxy. and this is coming from a ps3 fan

SK is the best PS3 fanboy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Y9ILvI0WM#

hXc

Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
I was very interested in this game (being the button-masher lover I am), then after seeing some of the most current trailers I want it even more! Seems like a pretty cool game.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Rocky - Dec. 13, 2008

(Dec. 13, 2008  11:02 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
I was very interested in this game (being the button-masher lover I am), then after seeing some of the most current trailers I want it even more! Seems like a pretty cool game.

Is that the one with the girl from Burning Force? Gasp
Oh wait I think that's Namco vs. Capcom.......I realy wanna play that. I bet this game is good too. ^w^

glitch

The reaction for Tatsunoko vs Capcom might just be me though, since half of the characters really aren't known outside of Japan. Anywho Karas looks awesome in this game!

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Dec. 14, 2008

http://kotaku.com/5109351/rumor-ea-sending-need-for-speed-to-junkyard

Essentially, Need For Speed will likely get the can in the near future. Atari better not try to buy the brand, Test Drive is poised to make a much better return to the circuit, so yeah.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Carina - Dec. 14, 2008

Ggghhhghhhg I've been playing Persona 4 nonstop for the past three days. I can't stop.

... this game has the most ridiculous dungeons ever. First it was a castle. Then a REALLY STEAMY bathhouse. Now I'm in a strip club. What.