World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please (/Thread-Random-Thoughts-3-interesting-posts-only-please--15140)

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Bey Brad - Jul. 05, 2009

(Jul. 05, 2009  7:28 PM)pegasis Wrote: and what do/did you study brad?

it was high school, so ... everything?

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - ~hYdRo~ - Jul. 05, 2009

ive recently started a beyblade site so here is the site its not finish so beybladerevival.yolasite.com

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - MuchWow - Jul. 05, 2009

lol, i meant what are you studying in coallege. am wondering what kind of major would accept some one with these bad marks..

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Bey Brad - Jul. 05, 2009

(Jul. 05, 2009  8:15 PM)pegasis Wrote: lol, i meant what are you studying in coallege. am wondering what kind of major would accept some one with these bad marks..

I'm not in college. I'm going next year for business and marketing.

Lots of colleges don't require insanely high marks, and to be honest grades aren't very important to me. It's ability and ambition that help people succeed. Grades are the measuring scale of the ignorant.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Giga - Jul. 05, 2009

Good god it's hard to live with no phone signal or internet.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Guitar_Legend - Jul. 05, 2009

(Jul. 05, 2009  7:13 PM)Khel Wrote: It depends what your goals are man. I was somewhat ticked that my Grade 12 average was a flat 90%; it was nice, but not nice enough to get into the school's I wanted to go to.

It leaves that so close, but yet so far taste in your mouth.

If you score below what you were aiming for, then yeah its pretty understandable about why you'd be mad.

What schools were you looking at though?

I'm heading into grade 12 and my goal was to maintain a 75% average. Maybe I should shoot for 85-90%..because I have absolutely no idea what I want to do outside of high school. I'm already in all of the courses I need (taking at highest level, ect) to keep my doors open.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - McMongol - Jul. 05, 2009

My 12th grade average was probably like 40%.

And here I am, in college.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Khel - Jul. 05, 2009

(Jul. 05, 2009  9:38 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: If you score below what you were aiming for, then yeah its pretty understandable about why you'd be mad.

What schools were you looking at though?

I'm heading into grade 12 and my goal was to maintain a 75% average. Maybe I should shoot for 85-90%..because I have absolutely no idea what I want to do outside of high school. I'm already in all of the courses I need (taking at highest level, ect) to keep my doors open.

Well I scraped into my third choice with a 90 (Schulich School of Business).

My top two choices were Richard Ivey School of Business, and Queen's School of Business. I was shooting for a 92%, but I didn't make it.

In retrospect I'm alright with the decision I made. I would not have received a better education at either of those two choices, I would only have benefited from a stronger alumni base with better networking abilities. My school is still new(ish) so those opportunities are not as developed as the others.

Then again this is business, and I know people who went to those said schools and don't have an internship. On the other hand I do; it comes down to how adaptable you are in tough situations, whether you have some street smarts and if you actually know what the heck is going on around you. Knowing the right people helps too.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Ominous - Jul. 06, 2009

^

Yup

Because I knew the right people, I got a job instantly after university.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - SK - Jul. 06, 2009

didn't get into the school i applied for
not really a huge shock but still sucks

i'm retaking a few classes (with two friends because they didn't get in either) and re applying next year

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - AnnieDuck - Jul. 06, 2009

i'm not looking forward to networking in the fashion industry, since so much of it is done at parties which really isn't my thing

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Roan - Jul. 06, 2009

(Jul. 06, 2009  1:39 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: i'm not looking forward to networking in the fashion industry, since so much of it is done at parties which really isn't my thing

Damn this would be perfect for me then, I'm a party animal. Grin

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - To - Jul. 06, 2009

Summer school is going swell. Suddenly math is a heck of a lot easier. I guarantee atleast an 85 now.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Hyuuga Neji - Jul. 06, 2009

Being an ABC right before junior year sucks. I'm completely loaded with SAT prep classes and have no time to have a life =[

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Ominous - Jul. 06, 2009

(Jul. 06, 2009  4:51 AM)Roan Wrote: Damn this would be perfect for me then, I'm a party animal. Grin

I'm not sure the rest of the world is ready for your banshee shrieking.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Roan - Jul. 06, 2009

(Jul. 06, 2009  6:13 AM)Ominous Wrote: I'm not sure the rest of the world is ready for your banshee shrieking.

LMAO

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - MuchWow - Jul. 06, 2009

the college here in my country asks for crazy grades. you know its free.. no actually they give us money if we study there.. and thats why every one is trying to enter it.
so if for example the classes where able to have 100 students. and 1000 attended they will only take the best 100.. and those will be all with very high grades.
and the thing that annoys me the most is that 50% of those 100 who have very high grades are studying in certain school which just randomly help their students with marks so they can get more popular. this is just unfair Unhappy

am still trying to convince my parents to let me study college in Canada.we can afford the money easily, but they dont want me to study far away from them.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Maz - Jul. 06, 2009

Went to the fireworks show in Manhattan last night. It was amazing.
http://vimeo.com/5459652

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Aikemi - Jul. 06, 2009

Ugh, every time I call a store they call me mam.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - MuchWow - Jul. 06, 2009

lol. that used to happen to me when i was small.

why does my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSkJH9_Kpi4&feature=channel_page start at 0.23 everytime i watch it?
is it happening to you?

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Crimson - Jul. 06, 2009

I am now convinced my house is haunted,

In my living room, theres the area with the couches and TV. Then theres a little area with my mom and dads desk/computer. Thats where the wireless router is.
The signal from the router doesn't reach my room, so to use my Wii online, I have to bring it into the living room, quickly hook it up and then it'll work.

Today was the release of 3 more DLC packs for The After Years, so I went to grab them.
A little diagram of the living room (the area with the computer stuff is cut off)
[Image: 2d0baxj.jpg]
I sat on the couch (Red X) and went to grab the stuff, It said there was no internet connection, so I fiddled around in the settings (It easily found the router, but said a connection couldn't be made)
I tried for 15 solid minutes to connect, and nothing. I still kept trying, but I got up and walked around. Lo and behold when I was near the computers, a message popped up "Connection Successful!"

I sat down on the couch and loaded up After Years, and went to the DLC menu...
No internet connection detected. I tried a few more times to no avail.
Finally I realized something (that I thought was stupid at first), When I managed to connect, I was standing near the computers.
So I stood up, and stood next to a shelf with DVDs on it. (Blue X)
It worked, No problem connecting, I got all DLC fine.

But if I dared to be on that couch, It was a no go.
I am SERIOUSLY weirded out. Was I somehow interrupting the wireless signal by being on the couch?

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Ash - Jul. 06, 2009

Thats weird. Chocked_2...Maybe theres another signal which passes through your living room which is situated around the couch? Or am I sounding dumb...(yes)

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Tempestas007 - Jul. 06, 2009

It's haunted, get out while you can. Serious

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Rocky - Jul. 06, 2009

Aha, are you that worried by that? I was expecting a ghost story or something....technology is weird and all of it hates me. I tend not to think about why it rarely works, I'm just happy when it does work. ^^; I'm sure your couch isn't haunted....maybe some other waves are interrupting it or something magnetic, I dunno.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Ash - Jul. 06, 2009

Lol at the news, for the next 100 days people get to stand on top of trafalgar square for an hour. Maybe we should do a beyblade workshop with hundreds of people watching us. Tongue_out