World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please (/Thread-Random-Thoughts-3-interesting-posts-only-please--15140)

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Serotonin - Jun. 14, 2009

(Jun. 14, 2009  10:12 PM)fragbait Wrote: Why would you do that? A friend should be a friend no matter how strange or weird or geeky their hobbies.

Cliche which is mostly untrue and unapplicable to reality.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - avalerion - Jun. 14, 2009

i agree with u, but after all a friend can't be your friend if hedoesnt accept who u really are :\

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - fragbait - Jun. 15, 2009

(Jun. 14, 2009  10:21 PM)♥ Wrote: Cliche which is mostly untrue and unapplicable to reality.

Unless you have real friends. Might be a cliche but I have friends who don't care what my hobbies are and are friends even IF I play a game with tops.
Just my opinion, but I'm sure a few people will agree.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Serotonin - Jun. 15, 2009

By my own admission it's not actually that socially acceptable to be playing with a children's toy. While I'm not ashamed I definitely wouldn't flaunt it either; I'm definitely not knocking other people who enjoy the hobby either.

Call me cynical, but those sorts of ideals are pretty far and between in today's society. Each to their own, I guess.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - fragbait - Jun. 15, 2009

(Jun. 15, 2009  1:37 AM)♥ Wrote: Call me cynical

You are cynical. Supaburn
^^^Joke.

I'm not debating social acceptablility. It's not really socially acceptable to be a Pro Gamer either but I don't mind flaunting that either. It's more a matter of "Do you have the guts to not be fake" thing.

Now, I'm not dinging Khel for hiding his stuff, nor you for disagreeing with me, just so we all know. I think it's more a point/counterpoint thing.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Serotonin - Jun. 15, 2009

(Jun. 15, 2009  2:54 AM)fragbait Wrote: It's more a matter of "Do you have the guts to not be fake" thing.

I like that.

It's a nice way of looking at things.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Pich - Jun. 15, 2009

I agree. At first, I thought I had friends that would care if I played with beyblades, but it seems I don't and I'm rather suprised. Grin I think it's mostly because they have no idea what I'm talking about, but hell if I care. XD
I really like how you put that as well. Unfortunately, my brother had to tell my friends I played beyblade, since I hadn't the guts to do it myself. Oh well.

Unrelated, and the reason I came to post here to begin with was this article: http://www.pinktentacle.com/2006/02/aist-develops-3d-image-projector/
It seems we are now capable of making real holograms (not just fancy tricks to make an image seems holographic). It's currently rather primitive, but this was made back in 2006 and I'm interested in what they can do now/next. It's an amazing invention. Grin
EDIT: Seems they updated the projector in 2007. http://www.pinktentacle.com/2007/07/aist-improves-3d-projector/

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Blue - Jun. 15, 2009

I don't think the last page would have sucked so much had someone clicked that link I posted... it a pretty amazing testiment to society...lol

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - AnnieDuck - Jun. 15, 2009

(Jun. 15, 2009  4:21 AM)Blue Wrote: I don't think the last page would have sucked so much had someone clicked that link I posted... it a pretty amazing testiment to society...lol

also this is interesting

We have rules about that sort of content, edit your post.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - bugturtles - Jun. 15, 2009

I really don't understand why my auction for Dragonball Z Burst Limit has a bid and my auction for The Orange Box doesn't. Angry

(Of course, Dragonball Z Burst Limit is BY FAR the better of the two)

(not really)

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - SK - Jun. 15, 2009

my exam went straight to hell
the grade system here ranges from 1 to 6, with 1 being failed and 6 being the best..i got a 2. haha

not my fault that i have missed the past two weeks of school (mainly exam-prep) due to mono though, so i don't really care

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - BeyUK-Espio - Jun. 15, 2009

CARP!! My car started playing up today on the M3! Near Farnborough and my left wheel starts playing up. I pray its just the bearing that needs replacing, will only cost me £70. I hope it isn't the gears that need replacing, will cost me £600. May as well start looking at new cars. All this right before I got to America haha, what have I done wrong to deserve this?

My comments in Italics

(Jun. 15, 2009  4:11 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: I agree. At first, I thought I had friends that would care if I played with beyblades, but it seems I don't and I'm rather suprised. Grin I think it's mostly because they have no idea what I'm talking about, but hell if I care. XD
I really like how you put that as well. Unfortunately, my brother had to tell my friends I played beyblade, since I hadn't the guts to do it myself. Oh well.

I know how it is man, I've lost a couple friends due to hobby, but honest is best policy. Sorry that happened to you BTW.

Unrelated, and the reason I came to post here to begin with was this article: http://www.pinktentacle.com/2006/02/aist-develops-3d-image-projector/
It seems we are now capable of making real holograms (not just fancy tricks to make an image seems holographic). It's currently rather primitive, but this was made back in 2006 and I'm interested in what they can do now/next. It's an amazing invention. Grin
EDIT: Seems they updated the projector in 2007. http://www.pinktentacle.com/2007/07/aist-improves-3d-projector/

We are one step closer to ENRICHING THE EXPERIENCE OF A CHILDREN'S TRADING CARD GAME WITH HOLOGRAPHIC MONSTERS! (end Kaiba moment)

(Jun. 15, 2009  4:22 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: CARP!! My car started playing up today on the M3! Near Farnborough and my left wheel starts playing up. I pray its just the bearing that needs replacing, will only cost me £70. I hope it isn't the gears that need replacing, will cost me £600. May as well start looking at new cars. All this right before I got to America haha, what have I done wrong to deserve this?

When are you coming to America, when are you going, how long will you be here, where are you going to be?

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - BeyUK-Espio - Jun. 15, 2009

Am going on 23rd July for three weeks to see my cousins in Covington, Lousiana.

(Jun. 15, 2009  4:44 PM)fragbait Wrote: When are you coming to America, when are you going, how long will you be here, where are you going to be?

(Jun. 15, 2009  4:22 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: CARP!! My car started playing up today on the M3! Near Farnborough and my left wheel starts playing up. I pray its just the bearing that needs replacing, will only cost me £70. I hope it isn't the gears that need replacing, will cost me £600. May as well start looking at new cars. All this right before I got to America haha, what have I done wrong to deserve this?

Farnboroughhh. I live 10 minutes away from there.

Well, drat, you will BARELY miss MBS. Too bad Unhappy Wanted to meet you. Have fun with the cousins!
(Jun. 15, 2009  4:47 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Am going on 23rd July for three weeks to see my cousins in Covington, Lousiana.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Rocky - Jun. 15, 2009

(Jun. 14, 2009  10:12 PM)fragbait Wrote: Why would you do that? A friend should be a friend no matter how strange or weird or geeky their hobbies.
Uh, I didn't say I would do that. It would take a lot for me to be disloyal to my friends. I think they all know about my beyblades.....but I don't know where Khel stands on the issue and I wouldn't want to assume anything. It's not uncommon for people to be embarassed about beyblades or at least not want to make a big deal about it.....:\

(Jun. 15, 2009  4:53 PM)♥ Wrote: Farnboroughhh. I live 10 minutes away from there.
Wow, we must live quite close. Chocked

Anyways, had my last exam today. I'm free forever~ Joyful_3

(Jun. 15, 2009  6:46 PM)Rocky Wrote: Uh, I didn't say I would do that. It would take a lot for me to be disloyal to my friends. I think they all know about my beyblades.....but I don't know where Khel stands on the issue and I wouldn't want to assume anything. It's not uncommon for people to be embarassed about beyblades or at least not want to make a big deal about it.....:\

Anyways, has my last exam today. I'm free forever~ Joyful_3

Sorry, I didn't want to make it seem I was calling you out specifically, I apologize. I was making a general statement to anyone.

Also, gratz on getting to your last exams, good luck Rocky!

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Rocky - Jun. 15, 2009

I meant to say had, lol. I've already done it. Thanks though.

And I'm not too bothered about the other thing, was just feeling defensive.

(Jun. 15, 2009  7:27 PM)Rocky Wrote: I meant to say had, lol. I've already done it. Thanks though.

And I'm not too bothered about the other thing, was just feeling defensive.

Don't sweat it.

So, what does everyone think of my user title?

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - McMongol - Jun. 15, 2009

lol.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Ash - Jun. 15, 2009

^That counts as spam.

Some guy has refered under my name. I dunno who the hell this is. My brother is MonkeyMario22 but...I'm curios. I dunno if my brother has been annoying and joined again but...he doesn't have a clue what galzzly is i dont think. Maybe its my cousin...

http://worldbeyblade.org/User-galzzly44

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Zander Soulwind - Jun. 15, 2009

Man, not long had a really awesome storm, it was great since we hadn't had one for a loooooong time, shame it was day time though. It even looked like a tornado was trying to form but if it was then it failed.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - McMongol - Jun. 15, 2009

(Jun. 15, 2009  8:59 PM)Driger Wrote: ^That counts as spam.

oh, ok. thanks mister mod man.

so on the way to the bank i forgot i had no credit.

so i turned around. i really don't want to get a credit card.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Giga - Jun. 15, 2009

Storm started the moment I stelpped outside, honest to god.