World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please (/Thread-Random-Thoughts-3-interesting-posts-only-please--15140)

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Ash - Feb. 20, 2010

Haha, I wonder what interviews feel like xD

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Roan - Feb. 20, 2010

(Feb. 20, 2010  12:50 AM)Ash Wrote: Haha, I wonder what interviews feel like xD

They vary, at least in my experience. Some of them go really smoothly and others go really slow and awkward.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Khel - Feb. 20, 2010

I've had some that just were very smooth. Just answer a few questions with a smile and confidence.

And then I've had those where I was sweating by the end of it (no jokes the suit didn't help). That was for another corporate internship where I was being interviewed by three people and they were all grilling me ruthlessly.

It's safe to say that the first couple you ever have will make you a tad nervous prior to doing them. Like public speaking, it's one of those things you get better buy doing more of.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Roan - Feb. 20, 2010

(Feb. 20, 2010  4:31 AM)Khel Wrote: It's safe to say that the first couple you ever have will make you a tad nervous prior to doing them. Like public speaking, it's one of those things you get better buy doing more of.

qft

I think the biggest problem with interviews is that people psych themselves out. They get really nervous/anxious beforehand so then when they actually go into the interview they seem really scatterbrained/"not with it".

I've gone through quite a few interviews and really they aren't anything to worry about. The best thing you can do is go in there calm and level-headed, answer their questions honestly and just present yourself in the best way possible without coming across as pushy. Sounds difficult, but it's really not.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Khel - Feb. 20, 2010

That is the first and foremost thing to accomplish.

Once that's done, taking a strategic approach is the next step. Certain positions will require different skills. By breaking down what you think they are looking for you can plan ahead and try to construct ways to highlight how what you have done/can do will fulfill those needs. Everything from highlighting past jobs and extra-curricular is common. Even school projects is an acceptable example while you're a student.

Also tip: Research the company prior to going for an interview. Interviewers always love if you can pull a relevant example regarding their company in the discussion.

But I digress this probably doesn't apply to most of you yet.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Neeek - Feb. 21, 2010

I spent all yesterday editing a new youtube video, only for it to carp up when uploading to youtube. So pissed off. I'm gonna have to wait another week to edit again since the computer at my mum's house would litteraly die if I tried to put anything else on it. I need to buy an external hard drive srsly ...

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - TheLVJ - Feb. 22, 2010

I'm working on a coelacanth paper-craft model for my marine science project. I'm gonna color it like a Relicanth. Cute

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Toonpenguin - Feb. 22, 2010

i was thinking of a way to weight beyblades if u didnt have a scale like the oned they use for science class in schools. so i thought of the justice scale. then i thought hmm if you made one of those you could compare the weght of beyblade and there pieces. this would save ppl time of hoping on the computer to find out all the pieces weight and seeing if its heavy then another. so does anyone thinl this is a good idea

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Kai-V - Feb. 22, 2010

(Feb. 22, 2010  4:16 AM)Toonpenguin Wrote: i was thinking of a way to weight beyblades if u didnt have a scale like the oned they use for science class in schools. so i thought of the justice scale. then i thought hmm if you made one of those you could compare the weght of beyblade and there pieces. this would save ppl time of hoping on the computer to find out all the pieces weight and seeing if its heavy then another. so does anyone thinl this is a good idea
It is almost prehistoric and it would take less time to visit kyoganken's website than wait for the scales to stop moving, but the concept is OK if it works for you; however, this is not the Beyblade Random Thoughts topic.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - RevertedToZero - Feb. 22, 2010

Does anybody here have influenza, because I have that and just wondering if anyone else has.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Dirge - Feb. 22, 2010

Was watching the local pro wrestling on tv the other night,im actully suprised at how good of a preformer one of them is,his acting skill and portraying his charatcher is realy good and is able to "sell" moves quite well im looking foward to seeing them at our con this year now

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - theflightyellz - Feb. 22, 2010

(Feb. 22, 2010  11:24 AM)RevertedToZero Wrote: Does anybody here have influenza, because I have that and just wondering if anyone else has.
Could have said this before you came to the tournament! Hope nobody who went ends up getting it ):

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - RevertedToZero - Feb. 22, 2010

(Feb. 22, 2010  1:57 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Could have said this before you came to the tournament! Hope nobody who went ends up getting it ):

I had it the day after the tournament. You're pretty much fine as it is.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Ash - Feb. 22, 2010

(Feb. 21, 2010  3:59 PM)Neeek Wrote: I spent all yesterday editing a new youtube video, only for it to carp up when uploading to youtube. So pissed off. I'm gonna have to wait another week to edit again since the computer at my mum's house would litteraly die if I tried to put anything else on it. I need to buy an external hard drive srsly ...

This happens to me all the time, I was publishing a beyblade battle on my laptop then we have to go out...I forget to put the charger in. We're gone for 2 hours. My laptops died and it didn't publish the video

And, sony vegas takes 5 hours to publish it (Twas an 8 minute stamina battle)

Then this morning i cba to let it publish while I went school Tongue_out

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - BeyUK-Espio - Feb. 22, 2010

Graphic Communication is now my confirmed course for university. Just need to jump on the Student Finance band wagon haha.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - SK - Feb. 22, 2010

haha i got a job interview too Smile at a clothing store

i've never had a interview before (my current job i just got without any interviews or whatever), so i have no idea what i'm supposed to do etc. lol

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Neeek - Feb. 22, 2010

My Enter Shikari special edition box set of their new sub-album 'Tribalism' arrived today. It included an album with 15 tracks on it (two are new releases), a 'Live at RockCity' album, T-Shirt, double sided poster, badges, and big sticker. Totally worth the £30! Almost makes up for the gig being cancelled 'cause of roof problems. :\

These are ES' two new song if anyone’s interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAVne8dOzEA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYrvioSbCVc

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Giga - Feb. 22, 2010

Nottingham rock city? Awesome place if so. Sounds like agreat deal

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Jsc - Feb. 24, 2010

At our school dance last friday the police came because someone went outside and threw a rock to break someone's car window

people outside saw it happen but it was at night so they couldn't see who

me and 2 friends got to go outside with the police and look for the broken window Cool

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Roan - Feb. 24, 2010

Cool story, bro.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Khel - Feb. 24, 2010

Word to anyone going to university.

Actually read during reading week (essentially what is our spring break). Cause if you don't it will bite you in the carp like it is right now for me.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Kei - Feb. 24, 2010

(Feb. 24, 2010  5:47 AM)Khel Wrote: Word to anyone going to university.

Actually read during reading week (essentially what is our spring break). Cause if you don't it will bite you in the carp like it is right now for me.

thanks for the tip!

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Pikachao - Feb. 24, 2010

(Feb. 24, 2010  5:24 AM)Roan Wrote: Cool story, bro.

The amount of phrases off THAT WEBSITE that have leaked out is amazing. Kinda shows how much power it has to be honest. Not to mention a certain bear showing up as the winter olympics mascot.

On a side note, it's been rainy every day where I live for about 6 days straight. I know this is england but it is quite depressing. I'm going to France and Belgium on the weekend to see memorials, trenches and museums from/about world war I with my classmates. Should really help with my coursework.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Bey Brad - Feb. 24, 2010

lol that you think "cool story, bro" originated from 4chan

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - TheLVJ - Feb. 24, 2010

I will never understand 4chan...