World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please (/Thread-Random-Thoughts-3-interesting-posts-only-please--15140)

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - firelord767 - Jan. 29, 2010

If you say so.

What do these people think of you, by the way?

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Roan - Jan. 29, 2010

(Jan. 29, 2010  3:30 AM)Neeek Wrote: No Speechless

HAHAHA I'm sorry Neek but this response killed me.

Anyway, as for your question -- Everyone has confidence issues at some point in their lives, myself included.

It really boils down more to how you see yourself, rather than how others see you. If you have confidence in yourself, in your appearance and general qualities, then generally what other people say or think about you won't bother you because you know better.

It's really an endless game, people are only talking carp about others to make themselves feel better. It's trite and cliche, sure, but it's the truth. Once you sort of "find yourself" and come to terms with who and what you are, you'll learn to block out other people. Wink

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Neeek - Jan. 29, 2010

Ooops, that comment wasn't aimed at you Firelord ^^; But LVJ

Thanks Roan and Firelord. I find it hard to just suddenly think like that, but I will try, 'cause something has to change. Tongue_out
Edit: Cba going to bed now, its got to the place where there's no point. I'll only end up sleeping in

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Roan - Jan. 29, 2010

Well no one ever said it was an overnight kind of thing. It takes time.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - BeyUK-Espio - Jan. 29, 2010

Currently looking for a new car. Thinking of getting this: http://is.gd/7hthL. The link is fine to click, I have just compressed it.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Dirge - Jan. 29, 2010

(Jan. 29, 2010  12:39 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Currently looking for a new car. Thinking of getting this: http://is.gd/7hthL. The link is fine to click, I have just compressed it.

look pretty nice should go for it if you realy want it Smile

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - BeyUK-Espio - Jan. 29, 2010

It doesn't have electric windows but has Air Conditioning, so I think that I can stand that haha. Just need to buy a new stereo =D.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Giga - Jan. 29, 2010

Eh. People call me "goth" or "emo" all the time. I used to be pretty hurt by it but eventually you realise that not to care is the best way to deal with it.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Pikachao - Jan. 29, 2010

Lol I remember seeing a forum with a timeline of peoples' happiness on one axis and their age on the other which people filled out. There was generally a HUGE dip between the ages of 13-16 so I wouldn't worry about it.

The thing that changed it for me was I acted confident, and then when I acted confident people stopped being annoying to me so I felt confident which made it easier to act confident. It kind of turned the whole downwards spiral into an upwards... spiral... if that makes sense?

tl;dr act confident, feel confident, get courage wolf to help you.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - SK - Jan. 29, 2010

so 7 of my friends went to the army earlier this month (i didn't get called in), my gf is busy with exams and i don't have any exams for another 4 months

so i watched 6 full seasons of entourage in just one week. lol

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Pich - Feb. 01, 2010

Urgh, this is a pretty strange thing to ask, but I'll go ahead and ask anyway.
So, I was going to buy a song of Ronald Jenkees (search, he's amazing), which are a dollar. I had some money left over from buying some junk on ebay. Turns out it was exactly a dollar and I don't know what happens if you take your paypal account down to zero. So, first, do you guys know what, if anything happens if you do that? And if something does happen, would anybody be willing to send literally 1 penny? lol

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Robsta - Feb. 01, 2010

(Feb. 01, 2010  5:56 AM)Pich Wrote: Urgh, this is a pretty strange thing to ask, but I'll go ahead and ask anyway.
So, I was going to buy a song of Ronald Jenkees (search, he's amazing), which are a dollar. I had some money left over from buying some junk on ebay. Turns out it was exactly a dollar and I don't know what happens if you take your paypal account down to zero. So, first, do you guys know what, if anything happens if you do that? And if something does happen, would anybody be willing to send literally 1 penny? lol

DOWNLOAD FTW

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Dirge - Feb. 01, 2010

(Jan. 29, 2010  1:11 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: It doesn't have electric windows but has Air Conditioning, so I think that I can stand that haha. Just need to buy a new stereo =D.

new head units are pretty cheap like 99NZ for a sony CD/mp3 head unit and they arent that diffcult to put in xD

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Bey Brad - Feb. 01, 2010

Nothing happens if your Paypal account reaches 0

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Pich - Feb. 02, 2010

Alright. lol thanks

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Roan - Feb. 02, 2010

Why is this message board still open?

Seriously almost every time I come here I read maybe one or two posts and then just mark the rest as read because there's nothing even remotely worth reading.

And it's not like there's any events or anything going on here... There's no sense of "ORGANIZATION" in WBO anymore -- After Brad left for MEGA it seems like it just turned into one giant carp chute to me.

I know I can't possibly be the only person who's thought this, I'm just putting it out there for everyone else who was too afraid to say it. This place kinda sucks now. lol

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Kai-V - Feb. 02, 2010

Hm, we are currently organising something. I think there was a lot of adaptation to do when Brad 'retired'.

Plus I thought you were not interested in Beyblade much now ...

(Feb. 02, 2010  2:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, we are currently organising something. I think there was a lot of adaptation to do when Brad 'retired'.

Plus I thought you were not interested in Beyblade much now ...

I stopped caring about Beyblade probably 2-3 years ago, but I kept coming here to visit the General forums because a lot of long-term community members were here and it was a good way to keep in touch with them, as well as really just a fun, "I already know you all so I'm comfortable here" sort of place to hang out on online.

But lately none of the "veteran" members have been visiting or posting, and the only threads that are being made or posted in by anyone are dumb and/or ridiculous ones like the Tokyo, Japan thread. Really there's been a dramatic slowdown in posts overall the past few months, not just in the General boards.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Khel - Feb. 02, 2010

(Feb. 02, 2010  2:09 AM)Roan Wrote: Why is this message board still open?

Seriously almost every time I come here I read maybe one or two posts and then just mark the rest as read because there's nothing even remotely worth reading.

And it's not like there's any events or anything going on here... There's no sense of "ORGANIZATION" in WBO anymore -- After Brad left for MEGA it seems like it just turned into one giant carp chute to me.

I know I can't possibly be the only person who's thought this, I'm just putting it out there for everyone else who was too afraid to say it. This place kinda sucks now. lol

Because the release of BMF is right around the corner? and there is going to be a noticeable surge in people interested in the game. There is a load of information available here for new players.

I mean the forum isn't going to have as much to offer to those who are not interested in the game itself. Also the past few releases have been somewhat lackluster so there has not been that much discussion on them.

I realize that a lot of the veteran members don't post as much in the general forum, but there's nothing we can do about that.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Crimson - Feb. 02, 2010

I must admit, I don't really read any other topics but the ones in Beyblade Discussion.
Occasionally this one, and some of the threads in Video Games.
Everything else gets the "Mark all topics read" stamp before I even glance at them.

The only thing I use this board for now is Beyblade, as for any other topic, I have other sites to visit.

I haven't completely lost interest in Beyblade,but I can easily see where you're coming from here.

(Feb. 02, 2010  2:22 AM)Khel Wrote: I'm not sure what you're looking for on this site?

I'm not really looking for anything. This place used to be like my de-facto website, I used to come here first whenever I got online, and now it's like... I have to force myself to do it, if that makes any sense. I only keep coming here because I feel obligated to -- not because any particular person here has been like "YOU HAVE TO KEEP VISITING WBO" or anything like that, it's just that I know and have met so many people through this board and previous other Beyblade boards that I'd hate to lose contact with.

Anyway, what I was really trying to say is that, from an outside-looking-in perspective, the WBO is really just a shadow of what it used to be when I was on staff here. No disrespect to any of the current committee members or anything, but things are wayyyyyy different now than they used to be.

I remember when I became an admin here, I did it even though I had literally zero interest in Beyblade, but the reason I decided to go after it was because of the ties/friendships I had made with people and at the time, Beywiki (remember that? lol) was going through a very rough spot so I kind of took it upon myself to help Brad whip the community, the site and the board back into shape. I think you all probably remember the amount of effort I put into the place back then.

My point is, almost all of that work Brad and I put into this place has more or less been unraveled since then. I have yet to really see any sort of effort or direction come from any of you guys since Brad left, and it's starting to affect the overall mood/tone/direction of the board. I remember coming here and there being literally pages of new posts/threads to read whenever I'd click the "Today's Posts" button but now there's pretty much nothing at all.

I know I can be kinda strict when it comes to rules and stuff like that, but that's another thing that really bothers me about this board these days -- pretty much anything is let go and considered fair game. I've seen some remarkably dumb posts and threads go on for much longer than they should have, or that were never taken care of in the first place. I'm not in the "committee loop" so I know I don't have any say in the decisions about what happens here, but I think you guys need to be a lot more transparent and forthright with what you're doing here on the site, otherwise it's going to look like a whole lot of nothing, which is exactly what I've seen come from the WBO since Brad's departure.

Someone really needs to take up the mantle again and "fix" this place, otherwise it's going to end up dead like all of the other big Beyblade message boards before it, and judging from the gradual (but very much noticeable) decline in activity I'd say we're on the fast track to getting there.

Sorry to be so harsh/dickish, but yeah... This has kinda been bothering me for a really long time.
OMG THE FIRST POST ON A NEW PAGE BUG IS BACK

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Bey Brad - Feb. 02, 2010

I think a big issue with the way things are run right now is that nobody is making the final say on anything. As far as I can tell the website does not have a clear "leader", so it's simply a lot of bouncing ideas off each other but nobody ever gives the final say to go ahead ... things are moving behind the scenes, to be sure, but they're moving at a molasses pace; the things that are about to be instituted truly should have been done months ago.

I think Kai-V is the closest thing this place has to a leader at this point, but I'm not sure she really sees herself as such; and the fact that she still runs Beyblade Spirit is a puzzle to me and seems to be a division of loyalty when all of the content and news etc. could easily be transferred over to this site, which, let's be honest, has a much larger reader base.

I've been watching the Committee discussions and contributing for some time now, but I am sort of tired of being the watchful eye over my project sort of floundering. There is still a lot of potential here, especially with the launch of BMF approaching very, very soon. However, I don't think a lot is being done to prepare for the massive influx of activity.

Just one glance at the news forum shows that when I was here, things were constantly happening and evolving; I think the community is starting to feel disconnected from the Committee and from the WBO as a whole. The WBO was an entire structure and compilation of services for Bladers and now it's really devolved into a message board and little else.
WBO sucks because beyblade sucks
lets go battle strikers!!!!

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Khel - Feb. 02, 2010

It doesn't help that some of us have deteriorated interest in the game.

RE: Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please - Kai-V - Feb. 02, 2010

As far as I know a lot of the regular members had left even before Brad retired. Many of those I remember posting on Beywiki simply stopped coming, and I personally do not know why they did. A lot of people seem too busy suddenly anyway ...

The site has been advertised on a lot of website, and the Beyblade community already does not count many websites. Everytime I can I tell people about the World Beyblade Organization.

Seriously, I have seen people complain as soon as they were outside of this site that we were too strict with the rules. Seeing as I have indeed noticed a certain decrease in activity at some point, I just wonder whether that might not be one of the causes.

(Feb. 02, 2010  2:52 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Just one glance at the news forum shows that when I was here, things were constantly happening and evolving; I think the community is starting to feel disconnected from the Committee and from the WBO as a whole. The WBO was an entire structure and compilation of services for Bladers and now it's really devolved into a message board and little else.

QFT