World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Any good books? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Any good books? (/Thread-Any-good-books)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Any good books? - BeybladerPotter - Sep. 17, 2011

Hm...Of course, the Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling (Look at my username! XD) then I also suggest the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. I myself have read all 7 books of Harry Potter and 2 of the Fablehaven. After that, I recommend the Beyonders also by Brandon Mull. I'm also seeing the Secrets of the Immortal: Nicholas Flamel series.

RE: Any good books? - darkbull9999 - Sep. 20, 2011

The book which i recommend is stormbreaker.It is a full of suspense and thrilling book.

RE: Any good books? - Ninja Crab - Sep. 20, 2011

The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series is pretty good. It just makes u feel sorry for people who hav to put up with that carp.
Another one: It by Stephen King. I saw the movie first then I read the book and he just writes such terrific stuff. The movie was very creepy....

RE: Any good books? - Viral - Sep. 20, 2011

Well ofcourse in would say extinction, because its all full of adventure its a big book consisting of 252 pages book 1 and 2 but there not ordinary boring books there reall cool, its about the day the world ended right and all humans are dead on the floor lying everywhere and two people named Annie and Mac think there the only ones left but after finding this website they now know they are the chosen ones with the ability of water, they are the chosen ones time travelling backwards and they arent the only chosen ones they are the 2 of 8 but a man named rufus keller wants to know their power, to get immortality but when they are united they are stronger than ever with, friends that have the ability of earth, air and fire and ofcourse mac and annie with the ability of water, (they are all twins)

RE: Any good books? - Sniper - Sep. 20, 2011

The Graphic novel "Maximum Ride" series

RE: Any good books? - Ultra - Sep. 20, 2011

The running man by Steven Bachman(Steven King Alias) and Brave new world(Can't remember author) are great books.

RE: Any good books? - Annoying-Fork - Sep. 20, 2011

(Sep. 20, 2011  7:15 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: The running man by Steven Bachman(Steven King Alias) and Brave new world(Can't remember author) are great books.

I have amassed a rather large collection of Stephen King novels myself.

RE: Any good books? - .:J:. - Sep. 20, 2011

try some of these, it's where I got my apparently distinct writing styles:

the ice and Rain set: the fire within, icefire, fire star, the fire eternal and Dark fire

doctor who books, mainly the david tennant era but several matt smith ones.

the septimus heap books

terry pratchet books.

of course eragon eldest and brisingr, and hopefully I think it's Inheritance, probably not.

the way the authors have wrote these books are simply genius. the style of words and gripping suspense will draw you into the book. with the Ice and rain series they have the most amazing description, that will make you cringe in fear and disgust, and then make you cry. the story line is immense with twisting cliffhangers.

doctor who books are interesting t read, as all of the authors vary. so I read them to see how they can all make it seem like one character in different ways.

septimus heap books have an interesting twist to them, which is very fun to read.

terry pratchet books are both scary and funny, with some more adultish humor, but very fun none the less.

and of course, Eragon. probably the best books of all time in my opinion. amazing ideas, interesting characters, and very ingenious moments. Gripping suspense and the best descriptions i've ever read. the whole of these books are amazing, however I was a bit disappointed with brisingr, not to say it wasn't good. however out of the 3 it is less exciting, and is more of the backstory and preperation for the next book.

RE: Any good books? - Temporal - Sep. 21, 2011

(Sep. 20, 2011  7:15 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: The running man by Steven Bachman(Steven King Alias) and Brave new world(Can't remember author) are great books.

Me likey. Aldos Huxley wrote BNW, I think. He's a dystopian GENIUS!

RE: Any good books? - siphuyoda - Sep. 21, 2011

(Sep. 20, 2011  8:09 PM)Nwolf Wrote: and of course, Eragon. probably the best books of all time in my opinion. amazing ideas, interesting characters, and very ingenious moments. Gripping suspense and the best descriptions i've ever read. the whole of these books are amazing, however I was a bit disappointed with brisingr, not to say it wasn't good. however out of the 3 it is less exciting, and is more of the backstory and preperation for the next book.

Inheritance cycle = Star Wars + Lord of the Rings. Neither the ideas nor the characters were new. In fact, I found them all completely bland. The magic system is primitive with no real thought behind it. Honestly, it's a great series aimed at young readers, but for anyone who's had any experience in literature it's unimpressive.

I'm quite surprised no one has mentioned The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It's highly regarded as this generation's greatest fantasy epic and a definite must read. The world is highly developed and the magic system is extremely developed. Be warned though, it is quite large currently running at 11,000 pages. The final book is due to be released in 2012 with an estimated 300,000 words.

RE: Any good books? - Temporal - Sep. 22, 2011

...Dude, length means so very little. There's one book I read about in an article that is 30,000+ pages, but it is only one sentence with "blah" popping up every other word at first, but becoming more frequent as the book progresses. Now, I personally hate Eragon, but you shouldn't be so condescending about what people read. Also: You can't just GIVE a book the title of "Greatest Fantasy Epic", nor can critics, really. Twilight was regarded of the last few years' best book. Eh, no? Now, I have heard that the series isn't bad, and I'm looking into it, but in the future, can you be less, y'know, "I'm right, you suck." about it? Just a thought. Don't take it personally, I do agree with your point, but it could have been worded better.

Anyway, the Grey Griffins series isn't so bad either. In fact, it's pretty cool, for a series based on a CCG. (For a while.) It gets better once it stops focusing so much on the CCG, but it's a good series that I recommend.

I recommend everyone here find 1984 by George Orwell. It's a book that actually makes you THINK. Like: Okay, what does THIS mean? What is the significance of this? Almost every word means SOMETHING in the long run. Big Brother's eyes, Julia's wit, and Winston's lack thereof, it all means something. It addresses some cool stuff.

RE: Any good books? - Sparta - Sep. 22, 2011

The lord of the rings. HELL. YEAH.

I read all 3 in a week. Then, deeply moved by the awesomeness of the books, I started over and read them all again in a week.

It's over 1000 pages...but so worth it. Great characters, cool story, captivating details...recommend highly.

RE: Any good books? - PHANTOMxBLADER - Sep. 22, 2011

Im reading Throne of fire by Rick riordan.

RE: Any good books? - Caststarman - Sep. 22, 2011

Anyone read the rangers apprentice series? It is probably better then harry potter in my opinion but I ead harry potter in third grade.

RE: Any good books? - Ninja Crab - Sep. 22, 2011

World's Best " True " Ghost Stories is another great book. Even though som of u guys dont believe in ghosts, this is a pretty convincing book.

RE: Any good books? - Mickey - Sep. 25, 2011

"Speak" is a very good book. I've read it last year for our literacy assignment. It's about this girl named Melinda who is in grade 9, and the summer before she was in grade 9, she went to an end of the year party, and someone sexually assaulted her, so she called the police and people didn't know that she got sexually assaulted so they got the wrong idea, thinking that she "snitched" on them; so she got bullied often.

I'm not going to say the rest because the rest are spoilers.

RE: Any good books? - Plastic Freak - Sep. 29, 2011

secret 7 or famous 5 is good fr me

RE: Any good books? - Arupaeo - Sep. 29, 2011

You guys have got to read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

Its a modern classic sci-fi book about the world's most talented kids who are trained as solders at a battle school to become space fleet commanders to save the world from a hostile alien species. I've read the book like 10 times and it never gets old.

Also, its the first book in a series of like 8 or 9, so if you like it you can keep on reading!

Highly recommend!

RE: Any good books? - TwiztidBlader - Oct. 01, 2011

I enjoyed Little Brother it was very good read

RE: Any good books? - Crow - Oct. 01, 2011

One of my all-time favorite book series is the "The Fire Within" series. It's about a person named David who moves into a house that makes live clay dragons. It's a fiction book.

Another awesome series I just started reading is "Beet" It's a Shonen Jump book. So that means that you read it Japanese style. I just read book 1 and it was amazing. I'm gonna try to draw beet for you guys. Can't give description on it since it's so awesome.

RE: Any good books? - CyberBlader27 - Oct. 01, 2011

(Sep. 29, 2011  7:21 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: You guys have got to read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.
YESH!
I love this book!

RE: Any good books? - Temporal - Oct. 01, 2011

(Sep. 29, 2011  7:21 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: You guys have got to read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

Its a modern classic sci-fi book about the world's most talented kids who are trained as solders at a battle school to become space fleet commanders to save the world from a hostile alien species. I've read the book like 10 times and it never gets old.

Also, its the first book in a series of like 8 or 9, so if you like it you can keep on reading!

Highly recommend!

ZIS! One of the best sci-fi novels in the world. Like, EVER. Bean was freakin' awesome. Too bad he got sent to head up Rabbit.

RE: Any good books? - DrigerG2 - Oct. 05, 2011

Books and series i recommend are PERCY JACKSON and The LAST DRAGON CHRONICLES!

RE: Any good books? - BeyCenter - Oct. 08, 2011

I obtained "The Son of Neptune" by Rick Riordan on the day of release and I must say, it is a wonderful book. Percy is one of the main characters but now, he has lost his memory and he is at the roman camp, Camp Jupiter. His new friends in the book are very interesting with a mysterious secret which I won't reveal. "Hades Jr." (If you know who I mean) is also back and better than ever. The quest this time is..... Well, you'll find out if you read it.

RE: Any good books? - DrigerG2 - Oct. 08, 2011

(Oct. 08, 2011  6:35 PM)BeyCenter Wrote: I obtained "The Son of Neptune" by Rick Riordan on the day of release and I must say, it is a wonderful book. Percy is one of the main characters but now, he has lost his memory and he is at the roman camp, Camp Jupiter. His new friends in the book are very interesting with a mysterious secret which I won't reveal. "Hades Jr." (If you know who I mean) is also back and better than ever. The quest this time is..... Well, you'll find out if you read it.
i got that book
on the day it released, im reading it now but my kindle needs to charge

"Hades Jr." initials NDA